PDA

View Full Version : The last album/single you bought....

RachD
11th-August-2005, 08:54 AM
What was the last album/single you bought?

Can you recommend it to us?

Would you say your tastes have improved since the first album/single you bought?

I received my newest buy yesterday - 'The Chronicles' By Steve Winwood. This comes highly recommended if you collect old 80's tracks like me! (remember 'Higher Love' and 'Valerie'?)

I think my tastes are going backwards in time, but definitely improving...

(or am I under an illusion and actually just getting older?) :sick:

azande
11th-August-2005, 09:13 AM
Final - Solaris

If you are into Experimental/Ambient/Electronic I recommend it; as a review described it:
"expansive ambient noise created mostly by guitar distortion and other effects detritus"

clevedonboy
11th-August-2005, 09:36 AM
Latest Album:

Careless Love - Madeleine Peyroux. Definite must have, cracking voice and some lovely songs

Latest Single:

Dare - Gorillaz. I reaaly like this

killingtime
11th-August-2005, 10:20 AM
Last album I bought was last night by the Lascivious Biddies (http://www.biddies4ever.com/) called Get Lucky. They are a female quartet from New York City (if you are interested you can listen to full versions of some of their tracks at the Podsafe Music Network (http://music.podshow.com/music/listeners/artistdetails.php?BandHash=e9c8752b88b7af08c7e6d6b caef3886b)).

Loved it so far, it's a good mix of tunes though I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole album yet :blush:.

I think the first album that I ever bought was Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds and I still love that so I'm not sure my music tastes has done anything other than diversify slightly.

Piglet
11th-August-2005, 11:14 AM
Can't remember the last single I bought as I'm sure that happened so long ago it was a different life time...

Last CD I bought was "Teenage Kicks" with a mix of stuff from the late 70s early 80s - many of which I liked first time around, some of the punk stuff I wasn't particularly into in the 70s but has grown on me since - and the most brilliant record on the CDs (me and my son think anyway) is Jilted John - cracker of a song - so witty and sad at the same time, but brilliant! We have it on repeat most of the time and now we know all the words! :cool:

Just Wiggle
11th-August-2005, 11:30 AM
Last album I bought was James Blunt...very good I would recommend it! :clap:

Can't remember the last single...

Have my musical tastes changed?? Not really, I still listen to cheesey pop records!! But I think the word "eclectic" would best describe my musical tastes!

drathzel
11th-August-2005, 11:51 AM
my last album was bought for me for my b'day by my bestest big sister ot was Michael Jackson's new album but cant rem name...duh danielle :blush:

ducasi
11th-August-2005, 01:12 PM
... and the most brilliant record on the CDs (me and my son think anyway) is Jilted John - cracker of a song - so witty and sad at the same time, but brilliant! We have it on repeat most of the time and now we know all the words! :cool: :yeah:
I can't hear the name Gordon without thinking "... is a moron" :D (Sorry all Gordons out there! :blush:)

I stopped buying CDs a while back as they're such a rip-off. Probably the last one or two I bought was from the "Sampled" series. With them you get to hear where today's hits often came from. You can also play "name that tune" and see if you can figure out who sampled the song you're listening to. :waycool:

Dizzy
11th-August-2005, 01:17 PM
Last CD I bought was yesterday and it was the new Festival compilation as it has loads of songs I really like!! :clap:

Ooh, and I bought the Keane album too - haven't listened to it all yet but like the singles that have come out.

RachD
11th-August-2005, 01:18 PM
Last CD I bought was yesterday and it was the new Festival compilation as it has loads of songs I really like!! :clap:

Ooh, and I bought the Keane album too - haven't listened to it all yet but like the singles that have come out.

Beware. Keane's album is seriously addictive. :grin:

Icey
11th-August-2005, 01:22 PM
My latest buy was Hed Kandi - World Series UK
It's about 18 months old but I've heard it so much at work that I had to buy it.

I particularly like the the Beach House CD, which is fantastic for playing on a summer evening while sitting outside with a drink and some good company. The Disco Heaven and Twisted Disco CDs are just right for getting ready for a big night out.

Baruch
11th-August-2005, 02:15 PM
The last CD I bought was Sonic Firestorm by Dragonforce. Not for the faint-hearted, but has some fantastic guitar work. Very loud rock music.

Rhythm King
11th-August-2005, 03:47 PM
On Monday I bought Nate James' "Set The Tone", which along with the likes of Joss Stone is being described as "Yokel Soul" :rofl:

Quite mellow, with a couple of MJ-able tracks and a couple which are WCS-able. I'm listening to it in Car at the moment, when not listening to the addictive and awesome "Battlestar Galactica Season 1" original soundtrack from Bear Mcgreary. - No really, it's good! There are some pastiche songs based on Celtic Folk, Opera (someone {a professional musician!} asked me if it was Mozart!) classical, Japanese Koto drumming, North African and all sorts.

killingtime
11th-August-2005, 03:53 PM
"Battlestar Galactica Season 1" original soundtrack from Bear Mcgreary.

Umm... I have that on my wishlist (or my stuff to buy myself list). I loved the music in the new Battlestar Galactica. I should definitely pick it up at some stage.

Lynn
11th-August-2005, 05:38 PM
Yesterday I bought Pink Martini - Sympathique. Nice! :grin:

Rhythm King
12th-August-2005, 10:22 AM
Yesterday I bought Pink Martini - Sympathique. Nice! :grin:

Come on Lynn - it's better than "nice" :waycool:

R-K :flower:

Lynn
12th-August-2005, 10:26 AM
Come on Lynn - it's better than [I]"nice"[/]:waycool:

R-K :flower: I know, after I posted that I thought it wasn't an effective enough comment! I'm listening to it now at work at the mo actually. Going to a BBQ tonight with dancing friends, so I'll take it along to let them have a listen to, I'm sure they will love it as well. :waycool: