PDA

View Full Version : You're so wrong

LMC
11th-August-2005, 12:52 AM
I know you will all love this one (blatantly pinched from another site I lurk on)

Each player has to refute the previous player's fact using proof, logic, rhetoric or even pedantry, then state their own fact.

Examples:

Water is wet
Not if it's dehydrated it isn't

There is no God but God
If you are Hindu, there are many gods so talking about God in the singular is wildly inaccurate

Slightly rubbish examples but I'm sure you get the idea...

I'll start

The Earth is round

Baruch
11th-August-2005, 01:29 AM
The Earth is round
The Earth is not a perfect sphere. It has mountains, valleys and various other topographical features. Therefore the Earth is not round.

My fact (nicked from Ducasi): fuzzy bunnies are nice.

under par
11th-August-2005, 06:55 AM
The Earth is not a perfect sphere. It has mountains, valleys and various other topographical features. Therefore the Earth is not round.

My fact (nicked from Ducasi): fuzzy bunnies are nice.

They are not nice at all in fact in some areas of the world they are a blight to the enviroment.

Men prefer blondes.

LMC
11th-August-2005, 07:33 AM
Men prefer blondes.
Sweeping statement as some men don't prefer blondes, as evidenced by the fact that I am single and so are many other blondes.

The truth is out there

DavidY
11th-August-2005, 08:00 AM
I know you will all love this one (blatantly pinched from another site I lurk on)So is this how it works?

You're so wrong - you pinched it from this site. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5379):confused: :)

David Bailey
11th-August-2005, 08:43 AM
So is this how it works?

You're so wrong - you pinched it from this site. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5379):confused: :)
Whew, glad it's not just me suffering serious deja vu there...

Baruch
11th-August-2005, 11:17 AM
The truth is out there
The truth about what? As this is undefined, there is no way this statement can be shown to be correct.

I think, therefore I am.

Little Em
11th-August-2005, 11:23 AM
The truth about what? As this is undefined, there is no way this statement can be shown to be correct.

I think, therefore I am.

......alive!! :D

..blonde jokes are funny! (careful! :wink: )

LMC
11th-August-2005, 11:27 AM
To the 2 Davids and everyone else - sorry and "oh b*****r" - I did look but guess my eyes were just too glazed over to see at that time of night :blush:

Carry on though :D

puresunrays
11th-August-2005, 03:40 PM
Not quite sure where we're at, but i'm assuming its the blonde jokes one. Therefore:

If you are blonde you may find the jokes offensive, therefore not funny. :really:

Cold is the opposite of hot

filthycute
11th-August-2005, 04:00 PM
Cold is the opposite of hot

I think you'll find that when you are brushing your teeth, if you look closely, you will realise that cold is actually adjacent to hot. Therefore the only thing that is the opposite of hot is yourself.

The early bird catches the worm.

fc x

puresunrays
11th-August-2005, 06:40 PM
The early bird catches the worm.

Not if it is a seed-eating bird, it doesn't!

The second mouse gets the cheese.

LMC
11th-August-2005, 07:40 PM
The second mouse gets the cheese.

Mice can't play Trivial Pursuit, their paws are too small to hold and shake the dice effectively. Even if they could play (or someone else rolls the dice for them) there is no guarantee that the second mouse would be the first to get the cheese if they were playing with non-mice.

The only certain things in life are death and taxes

puresunrays
11th-August-2005, 11:27 PM
Sad to say that there are actually other definites too. You will definitely at some point in your life be disappointed, you will definitely breath if you are alive and you will have regrets, however small. (Such a cheerful post :sick: )

The Earth revolves around the sun

ChrisA
11th-August-2005, 11:30 PM
The Earth revolves around the sun
Nah.

The Earth revolves around its axis.

It orbits around the sun.

puresunrays
11th-August-2005, 11:46 PM
Ok ChrisA, what you said :)

Baruch
12th-August-2005, 12:44 AM
Nah.

The Earth revolves around its axis.

It orbits around the sun.
Orbit is a chewing gum, and it isn't around the sun. You can find it in shops though.

Yellow snow should not be eaten.

Little Em
12th-August-2005, 04:32 PM
Orbit is a chewing gum, and it isn't around the sun. You can find it in shops though.

Yellow snow should not be eaten.

or steaming :sick:

:blush:

glasses make you look intelligent!!

:flower:

Baruch
12th-August-2005, 05:57 PM
glasses make you look intelligent!!
I've seen lots of people drinking excessive quanitities of alcohol from glasses, and it doesn't make them look intelligent!

At sea level, pure water boils at 100 degrees Celsius.

El Salsero Gringo
12th-August-2005, 06:23 PM
At sea level, pure water boils at 100 degrees Celsius.Er, no actually. The boiling point of water depends on the air pressure, which only indirectly depends on altitude. Water boils at 100 Celcius (not degrees Celsius - which is incorrect) at a pressure of 101.325 kPa, or 1 atmosphere.

The triple point of water is at 611.73 Pa and 273.16 Kelvin.

Cruella
12th-August-2005, 07:36 PM
Er, no actually. The boiling point of water depends on the air pressure, which only indirectly depends on altitude. Water boils at 100 Celcius (not degrees Celsius - which is incorrect) at a pressure of 101.325 kPa, or 1 atmosphere.

How do you know so much? You're like a walking encyclopedia. :worthy: You need to get out more!!

El Salsero Gringo
12th-August-2005, 07:54 PM
How do you know so much? You're like a walking encyclopedia. :worthy: You need to get out more!!Well I think I got at least one bit of the previous answer wrong ... oops ...

ducasi
12th-August-2005, 08:09 PM
Well I think I got at least one bit of the previous answer wrong ... oops ...
Will that be the bit when you said "100 Celcius (not degrees Celsius - which is incorrect)"? It doesn't sound right to me – and contains a spelling mistake! :really:

El Salsero Gringo
12th-August-2005, 08:27 PM
Will that be the bit when you said "100 Celcius (not degrees Celsius - which is incorrect)"? It doesn't sound right to me – and contains a spelling mistake! :really:Yeah, that'll be the one. The "degree Celsius" is an SI unit, with the word (or symbol for) degree as part of its name.

LMC
13th-August-2005, 12:51 AM

Except if the water has been supercooled (and *don't* go paddling in it even if you do need to collect a sample, it's b****y cold - field trip in Iceland :D )

and if you want really anal, the SI unit for temperature is officially Kelvin and degree Celsius is actually an SI derived unit. I used to be a quality auditor, does it show?

The existence of God cannot be scientifically proved or disproved

Baruch
13th-August-2005, 01:28 AM
Well I think I got at least one bit of the previous answer wrong ... oops ...
Er... you're not supposed to disprove your own statements, ESG!

Baruch
13th-August-2005, 01:30 AM
The existence of God cannot be scientifically proved or disproved
"God" is a word. You used it, and it can be easily proven to exist by looking it up in a dictionary.

Temperature is not measured in centimetres.

timbp
13th-August-2005, 01:40 AM
and if you want really anal, the SI unit for temperature is officially Kelvin

Kelvin (initial capital) is the name of a person. The SI unit for temperature is officially kelvin (no initial capital).

The speed of light is constant.

El Salsero Gringo
13th-August-2005, 09:02 AM
Kelvin (initial capital) is the name of a person. The SI unit for temperature is officially kelvin (no initial capital).

The speed of light is constant.According to Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, the speed of light in vacuo is a universal constant, now defined as 299,792,458 m/s.

The speed of light in different media varies by a fraction known as the refractive index (whose precise value depends on the wavelength of the light). Thus the speed of light in a standard atmosphere of air is fractionally less than its vacuum value, in water it is around 225,000,000 m/s, in glass around 200,000,000 m/s and in diamond, 'only' 125,000,000 m/s.

ChrisA
13th-August-2005, 10:22 AM
"God" is a word. You used it, and it can be easily proven to exist by looking it up in a dictionary.

Temperature is not measured in centimetres.
Duh... sure it is, if it's a word, and I just did...

On my computer screen, temperature is approximately 3 centimetres.

Baruch
13th-August-2005, 10:56 AM
On my computer screen, temperature is approximately 3 centimetres.
Not if it's in 72-point text, it isn't.

Elephants don't eat polar bears.

ToeTrampler
13th-August-2005, 12:00 PM
Elephants don't eat polar bears.So why are there none left in Africa or India then?

New and Improved is a contradiction in terms.

Baruch
13th-August-2005, 12:56 PM
New and Improved is a contradiction in terms.
Not if the item in question was improved shortly after it was made or purchased.

Dogs are not cats.

El Salsero Gringo
13th-August-2005, 06:26 PM
Not if the item in question was improved shortly after it was made or purchased.

Dogs are not cats.Not at all. My bitch is a real cool pussy.

"Is you is or" is "you aint my baby?"

Daisy Chain
13th-August-2005, 09:25 PM
Nobody else can see your rainbow.

As rainbows are caused by sunlight refracting through water, the rainbow viewed from where I'm standing, can only be seen my own eyes.

We all see our own rainbow, therefore, there must be a pot of gold for everybody too.

Daisy

(A Myopic Little FLower)

LMC
14th-August-2005, 07:11 PM
"Is you is or" is "you aint my baby?"
Since I'm older than you, it's highly unlikely that I am your baby. But for all I know, reincarnation is actually true and you may have been one of my parents in a previous life.

Nobody knows the trouble I seen

Purple Sparkler
15th-August-2005, 11:07 AM
Since I'm older than you, it's highly unlikely that I am your baby. But for all I know, reincarnation is actually true and you may have been one of my parents in a previous life.

Nobody knows the trouble I seen

Time for a Spaceballs reference!: Wow, NewKid's a bass!
(You're not a Druish princess are you, NewKid?)

Oh, and you're wrong: If we're going on song lyrics, Jesus knows. So there.

I'm a lonely little petunia in an onion patch.

LMC
15th-August-2005, 11:21 AM
Time for a Spaceballs reference!: Wow, NewKid's a bass!
(You're not a Druish princess are you, NewKid?)

Oh, and you're wrong: If we're going on song lyrics, Jesus knows. So there.]
:rofl: why did I just *know* that you would be the one to pick up on that?

I'm a lonely little petunia in an onion patch.
OK, you got me there, I can't be bothered to Google for it, so I will just pat you on the head and say "there there, hope the therapy works soon"... because in my reality, you aren't a petunia and those onions around you move around far too much.

(Tell me why) I don't like Mondays

Purple Sparkler
15th-August-2005, 12:07 PM
:rofl: why did I just *know* that you would be the one to pick up on that?

OK, you got me there, I can't be bothered to Google for it, so I will just pat you on the head and say "there there, hope the therapy works soon"... because in my reality, you aren't a petunia and those onions around you move around far too much.

(Tell me why) I don't like Mondays

How can you not like Mondays when Mondays mean back to work and therefore back to the Ceroc forum? :confused: :eek:

Everything I like is either immoral, illegal, or fattening.

Baruch
15th-August-2005, 03:17 PM
Everything I like is either immoral, illegal, or fattening.
Fuzzy bunnies are neither immoral, illegal nor fattening. They are nice.

There is no number greater than infinity.

El Salsero Gringo
15th-August-2005, 03:54 PM
Fuzzy bunnies are neither immoral, illegal nor fattening. They are nice.

There is no number greater than infinity.The number of counting numbers is infinite - but the number of irrational numbers is uncountable - and so infinitely greater. So the number of irrationals is greater than the infinity of counting numbers.

The sixteen-legged Snorkspruggle monster from Outer Mongolia has an even number of legs.

Baruch
15th-August-2005, 04:31 PM
The sixteen-legged Snorkspruggle monster from Outer Mongolia has an even number of legs.

Not if another sixteen-legged Snorkspruggle monster from Outer Mongolia bites off one of its legs, it doesn't.

Cold potatoes ain't hot.