PDA

View Full Version : 100 top pervy move

Donna
9th-August-2005, 04:32 PM
Ok so we've had the 100 top cheesiest moves, and some mentioned a couple of them were pervy. So which 100 moves do you think are pervy?? I'll start first.

As mentioned already, I have to say when the man puts the lady to stand in front, her back to face him and he grabs you from behind and starts thrusting his hip back and forth. Speeew!!! I hate that one!! :sick:

David Bailey
10th-August-2005, 09:20 AM
Ok so we've had the 100 top cheesiest moves, and some mentioned a couple of them were pervy. So which 100 moves do you think are pervy?? I'll start first.

As mentioned already, I have to say when the man puts the lady to stand in front, her back to face him and he grabs you from behind and starts thrusting his hip back and forth. Speeew!!! I hate that one!! :sick:
I don't think there's anything wrong with pervy moves, but maybe that says more about me than I want...

I actually like that crucifix move, it gives the lady a chance to play around a bit - it and the "facing the guy" version are both invitations to the lady to do shines / body rolls / whatever they want.

The problem (if there is one) is not with pervy moves, but with pervy people. Long live pervy moves! :)

MartinHarper
10th-August-2005, 09:39 AM
I should nominate a pair of moves I was taught in an MJ fun class:
"First Move Barrier Spank"
"Slow Man Spin with Spanks"

They were funny at the time, anyway. Though not as funny as the name of the move called the "slow man spin" - where the man stands still and doesn't spin.

Donna
10th-August-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with pervy moves, but maybe that says more about me than I want...

I actually like that crucifix move, it gives the lady a chance to play around a bit - it and the "facing the guy" version are both invitations to the lady to do shines / body rolls / whatever they want.

The problem (if there is one) is not with pervy moves, but with pervy people. Long live pervy moves! :)

Yeah ok so some pervy moves can be fun and yes it depends on who you're doing them with. Ok let me set an example:

There is one called the bood nuzzle where the man puts the lady to stand in front of him. He then places her hands on his shoulders and then he places his on hers. He ducks down and pretends to bury his head into her boobs and shake his head about and when he comes back up, has a big grin on his face. He hate this one!!!!

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
10th-August-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't like that one where the guy somehow manages to quickly whip you around so you are facing him with both your hands behind your back. I think it's really pointless, I mean all you do is look at each other then he someone (also very fast) unwinds you. It's not like it's one of those moves where the lady's are suppossed to show off or anything, I mean you can't-you can't move! I don't like the idea of the guy having that much control. I don't think it's that pervy, but I hate it so just thought i'd let all the guys know incase we ever dance in the future.
Also can anyone tell me its proper name please?

Ash x

MartinHarper
10th-August-2005, 05:20 PM
Isn't that the "straight-jacket", as popularised by our very own DavidJames?

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
10th-August-2005, 05:29 PM
Isn't that the "straight-jacket",

That sounds 'bout right

as popularised by our very own DavidJames?

Shoulda known :whistle:

David Bailey
10th-August-2005, 07:14 PM
Isn't that the "straight-jacket", as popularised by our very own DavidJames?
Errr... possibly...

Ah, my favourite move (well, top 10 anyway) :)

My version of the SJ (we'll call it the DavidJacket) varies - but it's not usually fast, I usually do it half-speed to, err, savour the experience. Or to prolong the agony, depending on your point of view.

The DavidJacket can be either slotted (lady goes back and forward - got that version from Amir) or basic (lady stands still and wiggles - got that version from Mike Ellard).

But, yes, the lady can (and should) do nothing during that move apart from wiggle - in fact, I believe that was pretty much the raison d'etre for the move originally, as an anticipation trap. So, if you want to do something as a follower (spin, tuirn, take control, run away), you can't.

foxylady
11th-August-2005, 12:21 AM
But, yes, the lady can (and should) do nothing during that move apart from wiggle - in fact, I believe that was pretty much the raison d'etre for the move originally, as an anticipation trap. So, if you want to do something as a follower (spin, tuirn, take control, run away), you can't.

Hmm ..... thinks..... knee to the groin would work..... if I really wanted to DO something... :devil:

Andreas
11th-August-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't like that one where the guy somehow manages to quickly whip you around so you are facing him with both your hands behind your back. I think it's really pointless, I mean all you do is look at each other then he someone (also very fast) unwinds you. It's not like it's one of those moves where the lady's are suppossed to show off or anything, I mean you can't-you can't move! I don't like the idea of the guy having that much control. I don't think it's that pervy, but I hate it so just thought i'd let all the guys know incase we ever dance in the future.

Ash x

There is a very simple way out of the Straight Jacket, which turns the move into Hudini's Escape :D Best of all, the lady can actually lead herself out of it, it is much trickier for the guy to lead it. Trickier but not too difficult ;)

All that is necessary for the lady to raise the upper hand "high" behind her back, duck slightly and start turning into the other direction. :flower:

David Bailey
11th-August-2005, 08:25 AM
There is a very simple way out of the Straight Jacket, which turns the move into Hudini's Escape :D Best of all, the lady can actually lead herself out of it, it is much trickier for the guy to lead it. Trickier but not too difficult ;)

All that is necessary for the lady to raise the upper hand "high" behind her back, duck slightly and start turning into the other direction. :flower:
:worthy: Hmmm... this I'll need to see, I'm getting confused trying to visualise it.

Then I'll have to work on the "Escape-proof version" :)

Andreas
11th-August-2005, 09:13 AM
:worthy: Hmmm... this I'll need to see, I'm getting confused trying to visualise it.

Then I'll have to work on the "Escape-proof version" :)

If you are quick enough she can't escape unless she is a lot stronger than you :D

Remind me next time we are at the same venue ... we may eventually meet
:rofl:

Donna
11th-August-2005, 09:20 AM

Ash x

I don't like that move either. Suppose all you can do there is wiggle your hips? :rolleyes:

Donna
11th-August-2005, 09:23 AM
Hmm ..... thinks..... knee to the groin would work..... if I really wanted to DO something... :devil:

:rofl: :rofl: Yeah nice one!

David Bailey
11th-August-2005, 09:31 AM
Suppose all you can do there is wiggle your hips? :rolleyes:
The point of that move was exactly that - to ensure that followers who, shall we say, "over-interpreted", couldn't do so.

That is, if they did try to do something despite the lack of any lead, it'd go wrong, and it'd be abundantly clear that the "going wrong" bit was due to "over-interpretation" by the follower.

In other words, it's a good following exercise.

It works equally well (better, sometimes) in salsa, with the slotted version. Me and Andreas will have to do a mini-class in "straightjackets: benefits and escapes" sometime :)

Also, I think I'll change my sig to "StraightJacket Defender"

Donna
11th-August-2005, 04:29 PM
It works equally well (better, sometimes) in salsa, with the slotted version. Me and Andreas will have to do a mini-class in "straightjackets: benefits and escapes" sometime :)]

No that i'd love to see!! Hey there is another move whereby the man lifts the ladies right arm and starts to kiss along it, across her back and down the left arm. This is both cheesy and pervy!! yuk. Come on we're are no where near top 100 yet!!!! :eek:

Groovy Dancer
11th-August-2005, 04:35 PM
No that i'd love to see!! Hey there is another move whereby the man lifts the ladies right arm and starts to kiss along it, across her back and down the left arm. This is both cheesy and pervy!! yuk. Come on we're are no where near top 100 yet!!!! :eek:

Does that move really exist? You must be making this up :confused: :really:

Zebra Woman
11th-August-2005, 04:38 PM

I wish you hadn't told me that ! :mad:

I really like the straight-jacket move :drool: :clap:

and the bit I like best of all is thinking I can't escape. :tears:

David Bailey
11th-August-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah - the classic "Oh no, this is a real ceroc move" line... :innocent:

David Bailey
11th-August-2005, 04:41 PM

PERV!

OK, I like it too, but of course the problem is one can't pull hair at the same time - I guess that'd make it an ideal move if the lead had three hands...

LMC
11th-August-2005, 04:44 PM
Sometimes it depends on the partner... the basket caress is *always* a little cheesy... and some people make it pervy too :mad: . On the other hand, there are some partners who lead that move rather nicely, and would be most welcome to pull my hair at the 'caress' bit :whistle:

Zebra Woman
11th-August-2005, 04:55 PM
PERV!

OK, I like it too, but of course the problem is one can't pull hair at the same time - I guess that'd make it an ideal move if the lead had three hands...

Thank you David :flower:.

I'll take that as the compliment it was intended :innocent:

(Hair pulling would be a case of overkill when combined with that move IMO)

Donna
11th-August-2005, 04:56 PM
Sometimes it depends on the partner... the basket caress is *always* a little cheesy... and some people make it pervy too :mad: . On the other hand, there are some partners who lead that move rather nicely, and would be most welcome to pull my hair at the 'caress' bit :whistle:

Yeeesss there are certain ways men can make a pervy move non pervy i suppose. (is that really possible?? :eek: ) :rofl:

Donna
11th-August-2005, 04:57 PM

Er no I'm not. I'm sure if you check it out on jiveoholic website you'll find it out of the hundred moves. I've had it done to me by men who learnt it in a workshop. A sleazy workshop more like. :grin:

David Bailey
11th-August-2005, 04:59 PM
(Hair pulling would be a case of overkill when combined with that move IMO)
Ah, but what a way to go, hmmm?

You know, it's not impossible to do a 1-handed version of that move... :devil:

Tessalicious
11th-August-2005, 05:07 PM
(Hair pulling would be a case of overkill when combined with that move IMO)Wow, if ZW thinks it would be overkill, I wonder how many women would simply keel over in disgust :wink:

Another pervy move for you - the leanback that was taught at ISH a few weeks ago, where the lady grips the guy's right thigh with her thighs and leans back over the guy's arm (supporting her in the small of the back). Fine the first time, but if they lead you into a second where they put you all the way back and try to look up your skirt - its almost enough to put even me off wearing short skirts! :what:

LMC
11th-August-2005, 05:30 PM
Another pervy move for you - the leanback that was taught at ISH a few weeks ago, where the lady grips the guy's right thigh with her thighs and leans back over the guy's arm (supporting her in the small of the back). Fine the first time, but if they lead you into a second where they put you all the way back and try to look up your skirt - its almost enough to put even me off wearing short skirts! :what:

Oddly enough, that sounds like almost the exact same move I was thinking of in answer to Donna's question of whether a pervy move could be made non-pervy.

I was being taught what sounds like a very similar move by a very nice man in freestyle on Monday but without the leanback - and I was being a bit fick about it, he was being lovely and patient. Maybe because it was a 'teaching' situation it was not at all pervy, and not even especially sensual (better luck next time now I've nearly 'got it' eh? :devil: :whistle: ). Although without the leanback, there would not be the same 'looking up the skirt' potential anyway.

Tessalicious
11th-August-2005, 05:35 PM
Oddly enough, that sounds like almost the exact same move I was thinking of in answer to Donna's question of whether a pervy move could be made non-pervy.

I was being taught what sounds like a very similar move by a very nice man in freestyle on Monday but without the leanback - and I was being a bit fick about it, he was being lovely and patient. Maybe because it was a 'teaching' situation it was not at all pervy, and not even especially sensual (better luck next time now I've nearly 'got it' eh? :devil: :whistle: ). Although without the leanback, there would not be the same 'looking up the skirt' potential anyway.Honey, in a thread about pervy moves, you really shouldn't put the words 'fick' and 'luck' so close to each other - someone scan-reading your message could get the wrong idea :rofl:

Andreas
11th-August-2005, 07:20 PM
PERV!

Of course you can pull hair at the same time! Silly! :P

All you need to do is grab both writs with one hand behind her back. If that fails you can always use your teeth :rofl:

I can't believe that YOU didn't think of that. Where have you been?! :cool:

------
Edit: just saw that you have come to senses at last. :rofl:

You know, it's not impossible to do a 1-handed version of that move...

Andreas
11th-August-2005, 07:23 PM
Sometimes it depends on the partner

It ALWAYS depends on the partner. Most of the time not even how well he can put you into a move. It is simply how comfortable you are with a person.

In my opinion there are no real pervy moves as such because there is aways somebody you'd not mind doing the move with. :wink:

Andreas
11th-August-2005, 07:30 PM
I wish you hadn't told me that ! :mad:

Don't be sad. Be assured that you will not be able to get out of the move unless I let you :wink: :whistle:

LMC
11th-August-2005, 07:37 PM
Honey, in a thread about pervy moves, you really shouldn't put the words 'fick' and 'luck' so close to each other - someone scan-reading your message could get the wrong idea :rofl:
oops.... :blush:

actually that never occurred to me, proof positive that I am an innocent :innocent:

David Bailey
11th-August-2005, 08:08 PM
Don't be sad. Be assured that you will not be able to get out of the move unless I let you :wink: :whistle:
So, to sum up, there's:
- standard SJ (David SJ)
- slotted SJ (New SJ)
- Escape moves ("Escape from New SJ")
- Escape-proof SJ ("Andreas SJ")

Sounds like more than enough for a workshop to me... :whistle:

BTW, is there a special "Escape from escape-proof SJ" move? Or is that just, err, getting silly?

foxylady
11th-August-2005, 08:44 PM
In my opinion there are no real pervy moves as such because there is aways somebody you'd not mind doing the move with. :wink:

:yeah:

and, living up to my reputation, I have many men that I enjoy doing so called 'pervy moves' with, and a number of men whom I actively avoid because they try and do pervy moves with me and its too too yucky for words !!

It probably comes down to those that can read ones body language accurately cf. those who can't... The move only becomes 'pervy' when not reciprocated/enjoyed and only a guy who couldn't tell how I was feeling about dancing with him would do a move that made me feel uncomfortable (unless it was deliberate of course)....

Its such a 'fine' line, and it is also difficult to judge (from both sides!) what the intention of the move was....

Have I made any sense here ?

FL

MartinHarper
11th-August-2005, 09:09 PM
All you need to do is grab both writs with one hand behind her back.

And if all else fails... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlastiCuffs)

Andreas
11th-August-2005, 09:15 PM
So, to sum up, there's:
- standard SJ (David SJ)
- slotted SJ (New SJ)
- Escape moves ("Escape from New SJ")
- Escape-proof SJ ("Andreas SJ")

Sounds like more than enough for a workshop to me... :whistle:

BTW, is there a special "Escape from escape-proof SJ" move? Or is that just, err, getting silly?

you forgot the various whip-lash exits and pull-through variations that can come from that move. The SJ really is a fabulous piece of art work

The escape from the escape-proof SJ would then be Tessa's variation of PFE with PFE set to "raise knee rapidly with aim at man's crotch". Where PFE stands for 'PainFul Escape'. :whistle:

Perhaps we should organise a workshop of 'pervy moves', also referred to 'as twisty as they come' :D

Andreas
11th-August-2005, 09:18 PM
Have I made any sense here ?

FL

Perfectly. We now have a whole week or so to ponder over the meaning and be totally confused at the end of it :yum:

ducasi
11th-August-2005, 10:25 PM
... Hey there is another move whereby the man lifts the ladies right arm and starts to kiss along it, across her back and down the left arm. This is both cheesy and pervy!! yuk. ... There's a move on one of the ozzie DVDs I have called the Kissing Break, which is a simple neck-break variation with a kiss on the cheek on the way out (or if the girl is up for it, a kiss on the lips. :nice:)

I think it's kinda sweet. :kiss: :blush:

puresunrays
11th-August-2005, 11:45 PM
Where has the plain simple enjoyment of dance gone? We now have to worry about either pervy moves or pervy partners :sick:

Some of the very close moves are lovely to do, but ive only found this out since dancing with my husband, before that i found it awkward with people i didnt really know well.

bood nuzzle sounds a real weird one, glad i have come across that one. Cringe!!

bigdjiver
12th-August-2005, 08:45 AM
:devil: I express the human condition through the art of dance, you express your natural sexuality in dance, They "perv". :devil:

Looking around last night I could have made a video on "perv" moves and another on "cheesy moves". I would not know whether to send them to the Society for the Termination of the Unacceptable In Dance, or to the Society Against Dance, or just to keep them as a record of a room full of people having a great time, and a lot of quality dancers and dance. I wanted two more hours of it.

OTOH there was at least one newcomer who was still almost paralysed with fear, (I do not know what of), at the end of the night. I got three smiles out of her, but it might not be enough to get her back.

I wonder if there is an optimum level of dance expertise and expression in a venue? A level , once exceeded, that starts to deter some newcomers. I had thought that it was just the crowding factor that started to limit growth, but it might also be the view of the mountain that they are aspiring to climb.

LMC
12th-August-2005, 09:29 AM
I wonder if there is an optimum level of dance expertise and expression in a venue? A level , once exceeded, that starts to deter some newcomers. I had thought that it was just the crowding factor that started to limit growth, but it might also be the view of the mountain that they are aspiring to climb.
Sorry to ignore the "optimum" bit, but that's going to vary for everyone so "let's not go there"....

but as a beginner, yes, the climb can sometimes look *very* intimidating. If I'm prepared for that (e.g. going to Jango a couple of weeks ago, where I knew I would be way out of my league) then I can watch, enjoy and hopefully learn something. But if I'm expecting an evening dancing with lots of people then there being a very high standard can be offputting - most people are just lovely, but it can only takes one knockback from someone who expresses/makes obvious their disappointment in my low standard to dent my confidence in asking anyone else to dance for the rest of the night. That's just life.

Trying to get back ON-topic and addressing bigdjiver's point about the UCP stuff putting off beginners - I think that "more" could be said about this by some teachers along the lines of "dancing is a contact sport, get used to it, hand on ladies hip doesn't (shouldn't) mean anything except as a guide, etc etc". It certainly took me a few weeks to get over slo-comb embarrassment, now some partners have to give me a good hard shove to make me stop wiggling and step back :rofl: .

David Bailey
12th-August-2005, 09:44 AM
Good point, and I think you're right.

A venue with all-advanced dancers may be as suboptimal as one with all-beginner dancers - you need a mix. Of course, the "best" ratio of that mix varies from person to person, but even numbers of beginner, intermediate and advanced would sound about right to me.

And:

And if all else fails... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlastiCuffs)
Wow, never know the triskelion was a BDSM symbol... Wikipedia, :worthy:

Come on, you know you clicked on that link too, don't deny it. You pervs...

Donna
12th-August-2005, 11:12 AM
and I was being a bit fick about it, he was being lovely and patient. Maybe because it was a 'teaching' situation it was not at all pervy, and not even especially sensual

Or were you just nervous?? Some of my friends who have danced with a man trying to show a pervy move come back and complain about it.

When I watch them being put through all that torture I see them shaking their heads as if they're telling him I can't do it, which means they feel uncomfortable..it's not the fact they couldn't do it but they just pretend they can't. Suppose you can tell the difference between someone who does take it seriously and wants to teach you how it's done properly without it being too pervy, and those that just keep wanting you to do it over and over because they're just enjoying it too much. You can usually tell the difference between them anyway.

Donna
12th-August-2005, 11:16 AM
All you need to do is grab both writs with one hand behind her back. If that fails you can always use your teeth :rofl:

You know, I'd wet myself laughing if you did that and you had her wig in your mouth!!!! :rofl:

Donna
12th-August-2005, 11:19 AM
There's a move on one of the ozzie DVDs I have called the Kissing Break, which is a simple neck-break variation with a kiss on the cheek on the way out (or if the girl is up for it, a kiss on the lips. :nice:)

I think it's kinda sweet. :kiss: :blush:

That is sweet not pervy at all. That's obviously best done with someone who knows you VERY VERY VERY well otherwise she'll be breaking his neck!!

LMC
12th-August-2005, 11:28 AM
Or were you just nervous?? Some of my friends who have danced with a man trying to show a pervy move come back and complain about it.
No I wasn't nervous - a) because the leader concerned is not "that kind of person" and b) it wasn't sensual because I was concentrating on the technical aspects of the move (weight distribution, etc) - which meant that we weren't actually really 'dancing' it - certainly the demonstrations/practice weren't on the track's beat! There was no intention to complain in my original post about this move - I actually felt rather honoured that someone I respect as a good dancer (and thoroughly nice guy) thought I was "up to standard" to be taught this move and was willing to take the time to teach me something new.

When I watch them being put through all that torture I see them shaking their heads as if they're telling him I can't do it, which means they feel uncomfortable..it's not the fact they couldn't do it but they just pretend they can't.
Why pretend? Why not tell the person that you are not comfortable? - I would. Unfortunately, it's the women who don't say anything which make it more difficult for other women to speak up - if "no-one else has said anything" you can get an "it's you being unreasonable" reaction.

Suppose you can tell the difference between someone who does take it seriously and wants to teach you how it's done properly without it being too pervy, and those that just keep wanting you to do it over and over because they're just enjoying it too much. You can usually tell the difference between them anyway.
You're right, you usually can tell the difference between someone who genuinely wants to be helpful/encouraging and someone who just wants to cop a quick feel. I would just like to make it completely clear that I am well aware that the "teacher" just wanted me to get it right (for safety, style and freestyle 'comfort') - and I'm grateful, thanks :flower:

robd
12th-August-2005, 11:32 AM
its almost enough to put even me off wearing short skirts! :what:

Beware also the danger of Fans/Blowers and the wrong skirt. Got a little too close to one with a lady last night and a quick spin resulted in a Marilyn Monroe moment :what: . On the plus side I did then learn the First Move Sprint immediately afterwards in our haste to get back towards the centre of the dancefloor :nice:

Robert

robd
12th-August-2005, 11:42 AM
OTOH there was at least one newcomer who was still almost paralysed with fear, (I do not know what of), at the end of the night. I got three smiles out of her, but it might not be enough to get her back.

I had a very rewarding dance with a 1st night lady last night. She too looked quite fearful at the start but after the track and a half that we danced she had a lovely beaming smile and I am sure she'll be back for more. I took some time at the start to ask her to relax her grip and explain how doing so would make the dance more pleasant for both of us and then just went through some fairly foolproof moves to show that we wouldn't have to stick just to that night's beginner routine and that her role as follower was just that - to follow. I think this helped her a lot, realising that she didn't have to simply memorise and repeat what she'd been taught. As I say, I found it very rewarding and can begin to see, sort of, what the attraction of Taxiing might be, aside from the Free Entry :whistle:

Robert

Donna
12th-August-2005, 11:50 AM
I actually felt rather honoured that someone I respect as a good dancer (and thoroughly nice guy) thought I was "up to standard" to be taught this move and was willing to take the time to teach me something new

How long have you been dancing then?? Have you ever done a blues workshop yet?? If you enjoy doing the slow slinky moves (which I do) then a blues workshop would be a good idea. It teaches you so much - i.e how to move sexily to slow music which is what most people stuggle with. It's great fun as well!! :clap:

Why pretend? Why not tell the person that you are not comfortable? -

Which is what I would do also and have done. One was really slimey and I just told him I don't feel comfortable doing moves like that, sorry. Lookily enough it was coming to the end of a track so all the better just to walk off the dance floor then.

Donna
12th-August-2005, 11:51 AM
:grin:
Beware also the danger of Fans/Blowers and the wrong skirt. Got a little too close to one with a lady last night and a quick spin resulted in a Marilyn Monroe moment :what: . On the plus side I did then learn the First Move Sprint immediately afterwards in our haste to get back towards the centre of the dancefloor :nice:

Robert

\hmmm you could have made up a new move there Rob. :grin:

MartinHarper
12th-August-2005, 12:10 PM
I think that "more" could be said about this by some teachers along the lines of "dancing is a contact sport, get used to it, hand on ladies hip doesn't (shouldn't) mean anything except as a guide, etc etc"

One teacher in class, re blues, paraphrased:
"I phoned up Ceroc Central about this move, and they assured me that there's absolutely no way you can get pregnant from this position".

LMC
12th-August-2005, 12:21 PM
"I phoned up Ceroc Central about this move, and they assured me that there's absolutely no way you can get pregnant from this position".

Rather than moving closer myself, I have been known to lean forward, grasp nervous male first-timers firmly by both elbows, drag them forward a step (I'm a big strong lass) and tell them (with a smile!) "I have showered today and you'll get rid of me again in a minute" - then reiterate what teacher sez about needing to be close enough so that you're not at arms length on the step back.

Donna
12th-August-2005, 01:57 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

bigdjiver
12th-August-2005, 02:26 PM

RobertFirst move sprint sounds like a "must have" move to me, to be added the want list along with the "Basket hitch up the outfit" after descending from an arial.

Overheated I sat in front of a fan at the Corn Exchange. A short skirted lady started ocassionally flashing her knickers in front of me. Fearing for my reputation I started to get up :eek: wrong move :blush:

Donna
12th-August-2005, 02:35 PM
First move sprint sounds like a "must have" move to me, to be added the want list along with the "Basket hitch up the outfit" after descending from an arial.

Overheated I sat in front of a fan at the Corn Exchange. A short skirted lady started ocassionally flashing her knickers in front of me. Fearing for my reputation I started to get up :eek: wrong move :blush:

David Bailey
12th-August-2005, 02:41 PM
First move sprint sounds like a "must have" move to me, to be added the want list along with the "Basket hitch up the outfit" after descending from an arial.
And there's the "comb-shoulder-strap-lifting-up" variation....

Donna
12th-August-2005, 03:07 PM

whaaat the heeeell is that?? :eek:

Groovy Dancer
12th-August-2005, 03:09 PM

:yeah:

LMC
12th-August-2005, 03:13 PM

A darned useful little move for the leader to tactfully remind the follower that it might not have been terribly sensible to wear that gorgeous little top with spaghetti straps

( NB - to prevent repeat performances, get one of those bras with the transparent straps and tuck said spaghetti straps underneath. Or put gorgeous little top in "regretfully not suitable for dancing" pile of clothes. Yes, this is the voice of experience. )

David Bailey
12th-August-2005, 03:20 PM
A darned useful little move for the leader to tactfully remind the follower that it might not have been terribly sensible to wear that gorgeous little top with spaghetti straps
Eggsactly - and nicely phrased!

I usually accompany the move with a cheesy "off-the-shoulder-number?" joke, 'coz I'm sad...

bigdjiver
12th-August-2005, 06:23 PM
And there's the "comb-shoulder-strap-lifting-up" variation.... but that would render useless all of the time I spent learning the two-minute jack-hammer hand-jive :devil:

David Bailey
12th-August-2005, 07:40 PM
but that would render useless all of the time I spent learning the two-minute jack-hammer hand-jive :devil:
Ewwww and double ewww...

Tessalicious
12th-August-2005, 08:52 PM

RobertAll I can say to this one is HAHAHA - I've been living with the consequences of almost nightly occurrences of said Marilyn Monroe moments (wouldn't it be great if I looked like her too :( ) ever since I started dancing, seeing as all my skirts are 'wrong' by this token, and men always seem to have a habit of drifting towards the nearest fan...

Rhythm King
13th-August-2005, 09:53 AM
(wouldn't it be great if I looked like her too :( ) ...
What, plumper and with dyed blonde hair? I think not:devil:

ever since I started dancing, seeing as all my skirts are 'wrong' by this token, and men always seem to have a habit of drifting towards the nearest fan...
:whistle::blush::rofl:

R-K x:flower: