PDA

View Full Version : Nosey Demographics

Lory
8th-August-2005, 02:17 PM
anonymous, so please be honest!
just curious :D

This is Chicklets poll!

I've just made the poll muilti choice! :)

Simon r
8th-August-2005, 02:39 PM
well done lory it works

Rhythm King
8th-August-2005, 02:40 PM
This is Chicklets poll!

I've just made the poll muilti choice! :)

Don't people earn 30-40k then?:whistle:

Lory
8th-August-2005, 02:43 PM
Don't people earn 30-40k then?:whistle:Ok, i've amended that too! :)

Baruch
8th-August-2005, 07:59 PM
OK, the results of the poll so far are looking very familiar. So how many of you are teachers (as in school, not MJ)? Time to confess. Don't be shy :nice:

I'll start off:

My name is Barry, and I'm a teacher.

Minnie M
8th-August-2005, 08:02 PM
So how many of you are teachers (as in school, not MJ)? Time to confess.

There is a poll for this one somewhere - gonna what Eastenders now :blush:

Daisy Chain
8th-August-2005, 09:41 PM
]*whispers* Pity it's anonymous[/SIZE]

Hmmmmm, still nobody in the top bracket.........

Daisy

(A Goldigging Little Flower)

Minnie M
9th-August-2005, 08:08 AM
......... gonna what Eastenders now

See what Eastenders does to you - I am a sad blubbering idiot :innocent: :eek: :tears:

Chicklet
9th-August-2005, 09:34 AM
Lynn mentioned in the previous poll thread that it would be interesting to tie up the education with the salaries - anyone think that results so far suggest that the possibly to be expected??? (lack of ) correlation between post grad qualifications and the £50 + brackets suggest that perhaps a number of our highly educated posters ARE underpaid!!!

DavidY
9th-August-2005, 12:25 PM
Lynn mentioned in the previous poll thread that it would be interesting to tie up the education with the salaries - anyone think that results so far suggest that the possibly to be expected??? (lack of ) correlation between post grad qualifications and the £50 + brackets suggest that perhaps a number of our highly educated posters ARE underpaid!!!There's some research here (http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/article.asp?id=647) that seems to show you get paid more by staying in education longer (unless it's in an Arts subject...)

bigdjiver
9th-August-2005, 01:11 PM
There's some research here (http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/article.asp?id=647) that seems to show you get paid more by staying in education longer (unless it's in an Arts subject...)I had a boss that was reaching 30 who sat, head down, with a calculator one day, then proudly announced that he reckoned he had "done it". "It" was earn more money in total than his brother by the time he was 30. He had gone the PHD route. His brother had left school as soon as possible to go labouring, working his way up to bricky.

Qualifications do, in general, get rewarded, particularly in the later years. The calculations that I did, many years ago, indicated that the Government recovered the cost of education through taxation sooner than those obtaining them. In the case of my PhD boss, overwhelmingly so, as he was discovering oilfields in the North Sea. In light of that I see the Governement as crooks for making all students pay for their advanced education. Even the lower levels of education pay dividends via non-obvious routes, such as less time spent in jail, and better citezenship in general.

Lynn
9th-August-2005, 02:06 PM
Lynn mentioned in the previous poll thread that it would be interesting to tie up the education with the salaries - anyone think that results so far suggest that the possibly to be expected??? (lack of ) correlation between post grad qualifications and the £50 + brackets suggest that perhaps a number of our highly educated posters ARE underpaid!!!I'm actually probably in the top bracket for qualifications, and bottom for salary. :tears: Admittedly I am working part time at the moment and doing a job I like - trading off high salary for quality of life. It has its downside in having a restricted budget, but the advantages include things like spending a glorious summer afternoon yesterday relaxing in the sun having left work at lunchtime :waycool:

And not a 'teacher' - but I do have higher education teaching qualification and lecture part time.

Minnie M
9th-August-2005, 02:14 PM
Lynn mentioned in the previous poll thread that it would be interesting to tie up the education with the salaries - anyone think that results so far suggest that the possibly to be expected??? (lack of ) correlation between post grad qualifications and the £50 + brackets suggest that perhaps a number of our highly educated posters ARE underpaid!!!

Post grad qualifications / Professional Body Qualification

The above share the same category - however, Professional Body Qualification :rolleyes: does my "Miss Wet T-Shirt 1975 " qualify - or even better Chicklet's Avatar ? :whistle: (there may be others) :rofl:

Cruella
9th-August-2005, 02:46 PM
OK, the results of the poll so far are looking very familiar. So how many of you are teachers (as in school, not MJ)? Time to confess. Don't be shy :nice:

I'll start off:

My name is Barry, and I'm a teacher.

My name is Di, and i'm a teaching assistant.

Purple Sparkler
9th-August-2005, 02:51 PM
I have a Masters in Film and Theatre Studies. Which basically means I spent a year reading plays and watching films. Westerns mostly. It rocked.

And Sergio Leone is the King of Western film-makers, by the way.

Dreadful Scathe
10th-August-2005, 01:24 PM
The above share the same category - however, Professional Body Qualification :rolleyes: does my "Miss Wet T-Shirt 1975 " qualify - or even better Chicklet's Avatar ? :whistle: (there may be others) :rofl:

Hmm post visual evidence and we can examine the particulars of said qualification :)