PDA

View Full Version : It's official - we're off to France !!

Wendy
8th-August-2005, 11:37 AM
Well - it's true - it's really happening !!!! Graham - Pink Panther Boy to his forum friends - and I are moving to France in 2 weeks time :eek: !!!

It will be really weird not having CEROC in our lives - and what am I to do with all those glittery twirly skirts !!! - even bought one the other day (old habits die hard ) and will have to take it back !!! :tears: :tears: :tears:
I know !!! I'll nip along the road to that chateau in Versailles and have a wee boogie in front of the mirrors - bet the floors are good for spinning too !!!! :waycool:

We are planning to come back for big events like Southport, Blackpool and Beach Ballroom etc so we're not disappearing altogether :D And now we've got loads of time to practise for the old gits category. So beware you oldies - we are right behind you !!!! :rofl:

We are having a going away party in Glasgow on August 20th, so please PM me (or Graham) if you'd like to come and I'll send you an invite. We are trying to monitor numbers so we have loads of room to dance our socks off - cos music will be provided by :

the fantastic...
the talented..
the truely awesome...
the original...
the one and only..
(drum roll!!!)

Dance Demon :clap: :clap: :clap:

We'll be at the Glasgow party next weekend and I'll be going to as many classes as I can before I go. And we'll catch up with loads of you Southport !!!! Maybe it's time to start drinking gallons of Red Bull so I don't sit out a single track !!!!

:flower: :kiss: :hug: :cheers: :hug: :kiss: :flower:

Wendy xxxx

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
8th-August-2005, 11:44 AM
Looking forward to the party Wendy :flower: We'll all miss the two of you when you are gone, and *pssttt*...don't forget the BFG! :whistle:

Ash x

Wendy
8th-August-2005, 12:00 PM
Don't think we'll make the BFG this year :tears: maybe next year - so get planning !!! Hey ! Maybe we should have it in Paris !!!!! Have a wee busk on the Champs Elysees and show the French how it SHOULD be done !!!! :rofl:

Wxxx

El Salsero Gringo
8th-August-2005, 12:11 PM
Well, depending on where you're moving to, this (http://www.cerocfrance.com/) might be of some interest...

Wendy
8th-August-2005, 12:19 PM
Well, depending on where you're moving to, this (http://www.cerocfrance.com/) might be of some interest...Thanks !!! We are moving to Versailles so not too handy for Marseilles :tears: I think we'll end up going to London every now and then !!! :D

Wxxx

John S
8th-August-2005, 01:56 PM
Maybe we should have it in Paris !!!!! Have a wee busk on the Champs Elysees and show the French how it SHOULD be done !!!! :rofl:

Wxxx
Now that sounds like a really good idea - get organising!!!

I'm sure we all hope and believe you'll have a really wonderful time in France, and maybe Mike Ellard will be getting in touch with you to head up a Ceroc franchise over there!! (at least he could rely on Graham's statistics!)

Wendy
8th-August-2005, 02:47 PM
maybe Mike Ellard will be getting in touch with you to head up a Ceroc franchise over there!! (at least he could rely on Graham's statistics!) mmm... interesting... and maybe a distinguished and discerning older gentleman could be my demo...know anyone ??? :whistle:

Wxxxx

Tiggerbabe
8th-August-2005, 05:36 PM
"Fraid I'll not manage the party Wendy as I'm dj-ing the Aberdeen Party that night.

Best Wishes to you both and have a fantastic time over there, you'll be missed. :tears:

Sheena xx

Dance Demon
8th-August-2005, 11:52 PM
- cos music will be provided by :

the fantastic...
the talented..
the truely awesome...
the original...
the one and only..
(drum roll!!!)

Dance Demon :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tsk.......you forgot the Hunky, and devilishly handsome bit...... :D ....................well!..you started it :rofl: :rofl:

Wendy
9th-August-2005, 04:41 AM
"Fraid I'll not manage the party Bummer !!!!! Well we'll just have to come back and have another one !!! :D

Hopefully catch up with you at Southport ???

Take care !!!

Wxxx

Wendy
9th-August-2005, 04:42 AM
Tsk.......you forgot the Hunky, and devilishly handsome bit...... :D ....................You just took that too far :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:flower:

Wxxx

ducasi
21st-August-2005, 09:16 AM
... We are having a going away party in Glasgow on August 20th ... :clap:
Thanks for a great party last night Wendy! I had a fabulous time. (And I don't think I was the only one... :D)

We'll all miss you both. :hug: :cheers: :flower: :tears:

Maybe see you in October. :wink:

Graham
21st-August-2005, 11:34 AM
:clap:
Thanks for a great party last night Wendy! I had a fabulous time. (And I don't think I was the only one... :D)

We'll all miss you both. :hug: :cheers: :flower: :tears:

Maybe see you in October. :wink:

Glad you enjoyed it !!! It WAS magic wasn't it ?? :D

Thanks to everyone who came for making it such a special night :kiss: :hug: :kiss: And a huge thanks to Dance Demon and Irene.. luckily I was in the loo for Will You :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Next party, NO REQUESTS !!!!!! Ok ????? :wink:

See some of you at Southport in September and some of you at Pitlochry in October .. and we're not far away...

:flower: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :flower:

Wxxx

Lory
21st-August-2005, 11:42 AM
See some of you at Southport in September
Looking forward to catching up with you then, please save me a couple of dances :flower:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
21st-August-2005, 12:15 PM
Hey Graham and Wendy,
Thanks for a grreeaaaattt party :clap: , and sorry that I couldn't stay till the end ;)

I'll the miss the two of you :tears: And thanks for the dances Graham, and Wendy, you're the first person who's got me to wiggle :yum: :blush: :devil:

Hope it's not too long till I get to see you again :nice: :flower: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :cheers:

Luv,
Ash x x x

Dance Demon
21st-August-2005, 04:03 PM
Hi Guys
Great night last night, and lovely to see so many people come, some from afar, to say goodbye. Wendy,...I was delighted when you told me what you wanted music wise, and was only too happy to oblige. I didn't get down to dance too often, but i did manage a wee boogie to myself behind the decks :rofl: :rofl:
Was a joy to see so many smiling faces on the dancefloor, and some serious bluesing going on in the last hour :waycool: ....Irene & Me wish you two all the best for your new venture in France, and look forward to meeting up with you at Southport....................Take care & all the best
DD :hug: :kiss: :flower: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Wendy
21st-August-2005, 05:15 PM
Was a joy to see so many smiling faces on the dancefloor, and some serious bluesing going on in the last hour :waycool: DD :hug: :kiss: :flower: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Yeah peope seemed to have a fab time and I think my fellow Weegies took to that stuff like fish to water !!! Of course, it helps to have the BTC team around to show them how it's done :drool:

Take care you two and see you in a couple of weeks.. better start counting pants and twirly skirts just to be sure I've got enough to last till the wee small hours EVERY night !!!

Wxxxxxxx

Piglet
21st-August-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi Wendy and Graham,

Glad you had a fantastic party to see you off. I can feel all the happy vibes coming through in the postings so it must have been a brilliant night, just sorry I couldn't be there - if I could have teleported to Glasgow I would have done it in a minute. Mind you, if I could do that I'd also teleport to France! Maybe just as well I can't manage that yet :wink:

All the best for your new adventure and hope to see you both again soon,
Pamela :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :hug:

Dave Hancock
22nd-August-2005, 07:51 AM
Think most of it was said on Saturday night, but I really hope that you two have a fantastic time in France, the two of you shall be a huge loss to the Glasgow modern jive scene.

From a personal point of view the two of you were among the friendliest of people when I first moved to Glasgow and it really helped me to settle at the time.

I am sure we'll see you lots when you return to visit and you never know, but, you might even get a few visitors!! :cheers:

Best of luck to you both :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-August-2005, 01:29 PM
Sorry we couldnt make it, but we do have a baby excuse :)

Hope you have a great time in France. Me and Fi will see you in Pitlochry if not before. looking forward to "The Law of Dance" class ;)

Stuart M
22nd-August-2005, 05:38 PM
Managed to say goodbye to Wendy the week before and have a wee farewell dance, but missed out on the chance to say goodbye and have a wee farewell dance with Graham before he went...sorry I couldn't be there at the weekend, sounded like a great night.

Can't add much to the comments above! Wendy, I've stood beside you on stage being introduced as a taxi for about 2 years, and now no more :sad: And you were gracious/brave/daft enough to partner me in a dance comp :worthy: , and as a result gave me a lot more confidence in my dancing.

And Graham, I'll miss all those great laughs we had over the years. Well, I say we - I'd be spectating and you'd be dancing at the time :na:

Seriously though, we'll miss you both - hope it goes well over there.

BeeBee
23rd-August-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi you two,

The party on Saturday was fab - thanks for the invite. Cheers for the dance to Monsuier, and good luck in the land of garlic, berets and cafes. Just think you can kiss goodbye to local chips, bunnets and either the pub or the Brooklyn Cafe as Glasgows equivalent . . !! :really:

Hope to see you both at Southport. All the very best and safe journey.

cheers
Linda :flower: :hug:

Graham
24th-August-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, I say we - I'd be spectating and you'd be dancing at the time :na:
Shurely shome mishtake?

I'll miss our little encounters in the Gents :wink:

drathzel
24th-August-2005, 01:51 PM
I'll miss our little encounters in the Gents :wink:

:eek: