PDA

View Full Version : Hammersmith Jango - is it on tomorrow? 8)

marty_baby
7th-August-2005, 09:18 PM
Hiya Guys,

I'm in London tommorow for the Week.

Just checking (last time I went was 6 weeks ago!)

Is the Jango class at Hammersmith on tommorow?
What time does the Class start again??

Cheers
Martin

Feelingpink
7th-August-2005, 09:21 PM
Hiya Guys,

I'm in London tommorow for the Week.

Just checking (last time I went was 6 weeks ago!)

Is the Jango class at Hammersmith on tommorow?
What time does the Class start again??

Cheers
Martin

Class starts at 8pm - see you there.

under par
7th-August-2005, 09:32 PM
Marty_baby, i don't believe we've met but Mrs Par and I will be going and might see you there.

Divissima
7th-August-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi Marty! We are on - class is scheduled to begin at 8pm. I hope to see you there - and to get a dance or two this time :flower:

marty_baby
8th-August-2005, 10:28 AM
Hiya All,

Cheers for the heads up! :nice: :hug:

See you all there!

Divi, I'd love to dance with you this time! :nice:

Martin
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Zebra Woman
8th-August-2005, 04:53 PM
Hiya All,

Cheers for the heads up! :nice: :hug:

See you all there!

Divi, I'd love to dance with you this time! :nice:

Martin

Dance with Cruella and me too, we're coming down for the freestyle, and Toby's Birthday dance.

I hear he has a 12" lined up.

marty_baby
8th-August-2005, 05:14 PM
Dance with Cruella and me too, we're coming down for the freestyle, and Toby's Birthday dance.

I hear he has a 12" lined up.

Sure thing ladies! :hug:

Its DJ TWK's BD? awwww bless! :D

ChrisA
8th-August-2005, 11:52 PM
Excellent set tonight from Kenobe.

I haven't enjoyed many of the nights I've been to recently, and despair was on the horizon.. but top man that he is, he's restored my faith.

Thanks TWK. I know I'm not an easy bugger to please, but you did it tonight.

:cheers:

under par
9th-August-2005, 01:02 AM
Excellent set tonight from Kenobe.

I haven't enjoyed many of the nights I've been to recently, and despair was on the horizon.. but top man that he is, he's restored my faith.

Thanks TWK. I know I'm not an easy bugger to please, but you did it tonight.

:cheers:

I certainly enjoyed the music and my little dance with the birthday boy too :drool:

We had a great night.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Feelingpink
9th-August-2005, 08:28 AM
I certainly enjoyed the music and my little dance with the birthday boy too :drool:

We had a great night.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've never seen a birthday dancer wriggle so much to get away from potential partners as you and DavidB (even with Divissima as his human shield/trojan horse) - and you succeeded - well done! It was a scrummy birthday dance and delicious evening all round - especially with Will & Kate's Kenobe accordion!

Sparkles
9th-August-2005, 09:17 AM
It was a ... delicious evening all round!
:yeah:
I couldn't have said it better myself.
TwK - please can you have a Birthday every week? :grin: :innocent: :flower:

S. x

under par
9th-August-2005, 09:34 AM
I couldn't have said it better myself.
TwK - please can you have a Birthday every week? :grin: :innocent: :flower:

S. x

Please please please. :yeah:

I want another dance......... :rofl:

Donna
9th-August-2005, 09:57 AM
Well it sure sounds like you guys had a scream last night....wish I was there even though I live approx 3 hours away. :sad: The parties down south sound much more fun than what we get up here. It would be great if ceroc could organise some sort of HUUUGE party whereby everyone from all over the country could go to. That would be amazing. Maybe twice a year or something. :clap:

Feelingpink
9th-August-2005, 10:08 AM
Well it sure sounds like you guys had a scream last night....wish I was there even though I live approx 3 hours away. :sad: The parties down south sound much more fun than what we get up here. It would be great if ceroc could organise some sort of HUUUGE party whereby everyone from all over the country could go to. That would be amazing. Maybe twice a year or something. :clap:

One of the reasons I think last night was fun is that Jango is small enough so that a majority of people know each other and we can get the chance to dance with most of our dance mates. It's not quite the same with a larger gathering (you can lose your mates!) although it does mean unlimited opportunities for dancing with unknowns and finding gems. That said, I'm still smiling after last night ... I even sat out a few tracks just to bask in the afterglow of a couple of stonkingly good dances.

Gus
9th-August-2005, 10:49 AM
Well it sure sounds like you guys had a scream last night....wish I was there even though I live approx 3 hours away. :sad: The parties down south sound much more fun than what we get up here.HEY! We did have something like Jango up North .. it was called Cool Catz .... but it wasn't supported by the Northerners (ahead of its time?)! (Don't know what you've had till you've lost it etc. etc. :sad: )

KatieR
9th-August-2005, 10:50 AM
One of the reasons I think last night was fun is that Jango is small enough so that a majority of people know each other and we can get the chance to dance with most of our dance mates. It's not quite the same with a larger gathering (you can lose your mates!) although it does mean unlimited opportunities for dancing with unknowns and finding gems. That said, I'm still smiling after last night ... I even sat out a few tracks just to bask in the afterglow of a couple of stonkingly good dances.

Am really bummed that I missed it. :(

Cruella
9th-August-2005, 11:16 AM
Well worth my two hour journey. Had my first ever dance with Toby (he's managed to avoid me for so long) it was worth the wait. Marty Baby did we dance? I was too slow and missed out on the cake :tears: but it looked delicious Sparkles, you're a clever girl. If i'd baked a cake it would have been used as a doorstop, i'm no Delia Smith! Gonna try and make it down next week as it's my last chance before i'm back to work :sad:

Feelingpink
9th-August-2005, 11:20 AM
Am really bummed that I missed it. :(
We missed you too :hug: When does your life allow you to come again?

Zebra Woman
9th-August-2005, 11:47 AM
I've never seen a birthday dancer wriggle so much to get away from potential partners as you and DavidB (even with Divissima as his human shield/trojan horse) - and you succeeded - well done! It was a scrummy birthday dance and delicious evening all round - especially with Will & Kate's Kenobe accordion!

Yes that was hysterical watching DavidB using his stealth approach. How he thought he was hidden I will never know :rofl:

Well done to Toby for a blinding set :worthy: , as Cruella said - well worth the drive.

Great dances, thanks everybody :hug: .And what a cake! Thank you Sparkles my favourite so far :hug:

MartyBaby , did we dance?

Donna
9th-August-2005, 11:53 AM
(ahead of its time?)! [i] :rofl:

Don't know what you've had till you've lost it etc.

Very true Gus.

Yeah COOL CATS was the dogs :really: Was the best advance class up North. Shame it came to an end. :sad:

Sheepman
9th-August-2005, 12:16 PM
TwK - please can you have a Birthday every week? :yeah:
Especially if you're gonna bake more blackberry sponges :yum: :wink:
I thought after last week at Jango I'd had such a good night that it couldn't get any better.
Last night it did! :waycool:
I'm rather concerned about next week though, how will I be able to keep it up? :sad:

Greg

Donna
9th-August-2005, 12:31 PM
Especially if you're gonna bake more blackberry sponges :yum: :wink:

Quite a few good comments on the cakes. :nice: You know sparkles should set up her own cake business and have them delivered to dance parties!! Gotta try them especiall the blackberry sponges. mmmm.. :drool: I'm getting hungry now!

Sparkles
9th-August-2005, 01:59 PM
*whispers* it was a raspberry sponge, no blackberries :sad:

Donna
9th-August-2005, 02:10 PM
*whispers* it was a raspberry sponge, no blackberries :sad:

Oh dear...looks like sheepman can't tell the difference between raspberry and blackberry. :rofl:

Sheepman
9th-August-2005, 02:27 PM
Oh dear...looks like sheepman can't tell the difference between raspberry and blackberry. :rofl: I can so! :blush:
It's just a fab dancer had just asked me to dance, so I had to eat it very quickly, I was still chewing for the first half of that dance :blush:

Greg

KatieR
9th-August-2005, 02:39 PM
We missed you too :hug: When does your life allow you to come again?

Next week (its my birthday :clap: ... shhh dont tell anyone! :rolleyes: )

Donna
9th-August-2005, 02:39 PM
I can so! :blush:
It's just a fab dancer had just asked me to dance, so I had to eat it very quickly, I was still chewing for the first half of that dance :blush:

Greg

:rofl: :rofl: yeah yeah yeah!

marty_baby
9th-August-2005, 05:40 PM
Hiya guys,

Yup I agree, yesterday was a Fantastic night! :D

I was cracking up at that "Birthday dance/avoidance" thing going on :rofl:

Cruella, and Zebra - I really dunno if we danced! :o ...I was kinda hoping to dance with all the nice people on this forum.

Best Wishes
Martin

Chicklet
9th-August-2005, 06:01 PM
. It would be great if ceroc could organise some sort of HUUUGE party whereby everyone from all over the country could go to. That would be amazing. Maybe twice a year or something. :clap:
*cough* - maybe they could call it the BFG??????? :waycool:

Cruella
9th-August-2005, 06:53 PM
Hiya guys,

Cruella, and Zebra - I really dunno if we danced! :o ...I was kinda hoping to dance with all the nice people on this forum.

Best Wishes
Martin
Well i was wearing a hat and ZW had a twirly short black skirt on.

foxylady
9th-August-2005, 07:28 PM
Hiya guys,

Best Wishes
Martin

and I was wearing a pink/black/sparkly halter neck top... but I think I knew the name of everyone I danced with.... :what: and there weren't many men I didn't recognise.... :confused:

and wasn't it just a blast last night... I had some spine-tingly good dances, and I loved the music, and I loved the birthday dance....

Foxy

Alykat
9th-August-2005, 08:28 PM
Can I just say how much I enjoyed last night :D

Thanks for all of the wonderful dances :flower: and for being so welcoming :hug: .

Good to find out finally who some of the forumites are!

Mary
9th-August-2005, 09:02 PM
Think I was having more of a 'chill out' night last night. Saw the cake and tried to stay well away from it - not because I didn't want any, but because just looking at cake is mega-calories I can't shift.

Psssst. I have (ahem) had a preview tasting of the white chocolate cheesecake. It was put under my nose, what could I do???? You lot are in for SUCH a treat. :wink: Meanwhile I have to do some serious working out to pay for it. :sad:

M

Feelingpink
9th-August-2005, 09:47 PM

Thanks for all of the wonderful dances :flower: and for being so welcoming :hug: .

Good to find out finally who some of the forumites are!Lovely to meet you too! :flower:

under par
9th-August-2005, 10:53 PM

Good to find out finally who some of the forumites are!

Yes nice to meet you too. :flower:

Thanks for the dance hope to see you again soon. :hug:

Feelingpink
9th-August-2005, 11:35 PM
Hiya guys,

Best Wishes
Martin

And I was wearing a mid-blue top. I'm curious to know if we danced - what do you look like? :flower:

Sparkles
10th-August-2005, 09:21 AM
...I was kinda hoping to dance with all the nice people on this forum.

Well we DEFINITELY danced :clap: - what a blast! Thank you so much, Marty :flower:.
I hope we can dance again next time you're around - hopefully that'll be soon?!

Alykat, nice to meet you :grin:.

So, is everyone ready to dance KatieR's socks off at the next Jango then?!!! :devil: :hug:

S. x

Rhythm King
10th-August-2005, 11:04 AM
So, is everyone ready to dance KatieR's socks off at the next Jango then?!!! :devil: :hug:

S. x
:yeah: :wink:

Gutted I missed what sounded like a great night, not to mention Sparkles' baking wizardry :tears:

R-K :flower:

under par
10th-August-2005, 11:14 AM

S. x

Count me and Mrs Par in for some of KatieR s birthday cake please. :hug:

I might get a proper birthday dance this week!! :flower:

Sparkles
10th-August-2005, 11:47 AM
Count me and Mrs Par in for some of KatieR s birthday cake please. :hug:
Ah, I'll be making a cake then, will I?! :yum:
I hope I have time... I'll do my best :flower:
Any special requests, Katie?

under par
10th-August-2005, 11:51 AM

Sorry if I was being presumptive, .....U.P. removes size 11 from offending area.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Donna
10th-August-2005, 12:17 PM
Think I was having more of a 'chill out' night last night. Saw the cake and tried to stay well away from it - not because I didn't want any, but because just looking at cake is mega-calories I can't shift.

Psssst. I have (ahem) had a preview tasting of the white chocolate cheesecake. It was put under my nose, what could I do???? You lot are in for SUCH a treat. :wink: Meanwhile I have to do some serious working out to pay for it. :sad:

M

Eh? Are you Toby's Mary?? If so, you don't need to lose any weight. Plus the aaammmaaaaazing backflips you can do proves it!! Blimey!! :eek:

Sparkles
10th-August-2005, 01:25 PM
*pssst, Donna, I think you mean Tony's Mary :wink:*
(Oh, an BTW I completely agree with you :nice: ).

KatieR
10th-August-2005, 01:39 PM

I like chocolate :flower: But you dont have to make a cake if you dont get time... I was going to get a heap of Krispy Kreme donuts on my way...

under par
10th-August-2005, 01:41 PM

:clap:

Donna
10th-August-2005, 02:30 PM
:clap:

:yum: ok...TONY.

Mary
10th-August-2005, 03:17 PM

Yep. I have been known to flip on occasions. :D

M

Donna
10th-August-2005, 03:28 PM

M

:rofl: :rofl: That's a good un'.

marty_baby
10th-August-2005, 05:51 PM
Hiya Guys,

What were the Moves Mon Night?? I think I'm missing one.

The ones I know are:
1. TWK Death Stare arms over shoulder etc.
2. ??
3. Tango ochos

Whats the missing 2nd one???

Martin :nice:

PS:
Nice to meet you all Mon! :na:

PPS:
Sparkles - moorish cake going on there! :wink:, and thanks for the dance! :flower:

Got to go, will post some more later hopefully! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sparkles
11th-August-2005, 10:07 AM

... and that's why she's known as 'Scary Mary' :wink: :yum:

Mary
11th-August-2005, 10:53 AM
... and that's why she's known as 'Scary Mary' :wink: :yum:

Oi! That's just a vicious rumour. :mad:

And when I find out who's been spreading that rumour they are gonna be in BIG trouble. :angry:

:D

Donna, good to see you and the Wongster at WSM.

M

Simon r
11th-August-2005, 11:27 AM
Oi! That's just a vicious rumour. :mad:

And when I find out who's been spreading that rumour they are gonna be in BIG trouble. :angry:

:D

M

i new the face seemed familiar "Click" sorry donna saw you at WSM as well did not get a chance to dance how about next time

Will
11th-August-2005, 11:47 AM
Hiya Guys,

What were the Moves Mon Night?? I think I'm missing one.

The ones I know are:
1. TWK Death Stare arms over shoulder etc.
2. ??
3. Tango ochos

Whats the missing 2nd one???

"TWK Death Stare" (a name I like), was part of the "Kenobe Accordian".

We then did a return into a tango hold, lead the lady into a side step and then into backwards ochos.

Finally, we lead the lady to the right for a final backwards ochos but didn't side-step with her. Instead we placed the outside of our right foot against the inside of the ladies left foot and slide the ladies foot along the ground, using them to draw a line between us.

David Bailey
11th-August-2005, 12:02 PM
Finally, we lead the lady to the right for a final backwards ochos but didn't side-step with her. Instead we placed the outside of our right foot against the inside of the ladies left foot and slide the ladies foot along the ground, using them to draw a line between us.
That sounds spookily like a move we did a month or so back at Finchley - ESG, can you compare and contrast?

Gus
11th-August-2005, 02:01 PM
That sounds spookily like a move we did a month or so back at Finchley - ESG, can you compare and contrast?Hmmm ... I would state that there is a world of difference between the way Ceroc instructors are taught to teach 'ochos' and the way it is taught by someone who actually understands Tango. Also, I would not expect a class of intermediates to get to grips with such a complex move either (come to think of it I not convince I've got to grips with it :sick: ). ESG may have a challenge comparing as he want there.

Donna
11th-August-2005, 02:50 PM

Good to see you too - 'scary Mary'...JUST KIDDIN, JUST KIDDIN. :D Congrats on winning aerials as well. You two are truly AMMAAAZZZING!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

David Bailey
11th-August-2005, 03:14 PM
Hmmm ... I would state that there is a world of difference between the way Ceroc instructors are taught to teach 'ochos' and the way it is taught by someone who actually understands Tango.
Possibly, but who says we were taught in the "way Ceroc instructors are taught to teach 'ochos' " - assuming such a way exists.

Oh well, I wouldn't presume to assume the level of instruction was the same, after all the teacher had to work with a truly awful demo ( :whistle: ) - I just wondered if the moves had any similarity.

Also, I would not expect a class of intermediates to get to grips with such a complex move either
Again, I'm not commenting on relative abilities of classes, just the move. Although yes, I certainly found the move I did quite tricky, and to me it sounds very similar.

So, just in case it's not clear: I'm sure both instructors and dancers at Jango are much more advanced than us puny mortal Finchley-ites, but I want to know about the move.

ESG may have a challenge comparing as he want there.
Ah, OK then - Tessalicious, were you at Jango? I'd really like to know if the move was similar. 'Coz, you know, I'm interested in the move...

Donna
11th-August-2005, 03:14 PM
i new the face seemed familiar "Click" sorry donna saw you at WSM as well did not get a chance to dance how about next time

I'll make sure we get a dance next time then no probs. Are you going to Brighton in October??? Can't do Scotland as on holiday that week. Means I won't be going to Southport either. :sad:

Simon r
11th-August-2005, 03:36 PM
I'll make sure we get a dance next time then no probs. Are you going to Brighton in October??? Can't do Scotland as on holiday that week. Means I won't be going to Southport either. :sad:
yeah be at brighton so see you there ....
wow first dance booked already... oh can i have two in a row please ....
simon :D

El Salsero Gringo
11th-August-2005, 03:51 PM
ESG may have a challenge comparing as he want there.Since when has that *ever* stopped me?

Anyway, I'm keeping very very quiet on the subject of the wisdom of Ceroc appropriating Tango steps and putting them into the Cerocificator. When I'm on stage, I just do as I'm told.

David Bailey
11th-August-2005, 03:58 PM
Anyway, I'm keeping very very quiet on the subject of the wisdom of Ceroc appropriating Tango steps and putting them into the Cerocifyer. When I'm on stage, I just do as I'm told.
Yes, 'coz MJ would never take moves from other dance styles, that'd corrupt it horribly.

"Cerocifyer" - love it :rofl:

El Salsero Gringo
11th-August-2005, 04:05 PM
Yes, 'coz MJ would never take moves from other dance styles, that'd corrupt it horribly.

"Cerocifyer" - love it :rofl:Mmmmm mmmmff mmmm mmmf mmmm mmm!

Donna
11th-August-2005, 04:10 PM
Mmmmm mmmmff mmmm mmmf mmmm mmm!

Changing the subject, I love your avatar. It's brill!!!!! We're do you get them??? :rofl:

Tessalicious
11th-August-2005, 04:19 PM
bla bla bla

Ah, OK then - Tessalicious, were you at Jango? I'd really like to know if the move was similar. 'Coz, you know, I'm interested in the move...No idea, I wasn't there either - but it does sound kinda similar, in that there were lady ochos included. Not sure if thats where the similarity ends because I'm too tired to work out what has been described - but what we did at Whetstone was this:

First move, twist lady out but man step on right with her rather than left so you are parallel. Then the guy switches weight between his feet as the lady ochos ACW with her left foot, CW with her right, ACW again then with his right foot against her left(?) the guy pushes the lady into a turn CW. I think.

The biggest difference being that although they were shown as proper ochos, the punters don't really pay any attention to footwork, and since as one of four moves in a half hour routine there isn't really time to go into the technique as would be done at Jango, so every single lady I danced with ended up pivoting on the wrong foot, even if I could generally get them going in the correct direction. And somehow they always seemed to be desperate to end up about a metre away from me too :confused: (maybe I smell :sad: )

El Salsero Gringo
11th-August-2005, 04:19 PM
Changing the subject, I love your avatar. It's brill!!!!! We're do you get them??? :rofl:Kind of you to say so. There's a little avatar shop just off the Euston Road - but don't tell everyone...

Zebra Woman
11th-August-2005, 04:21 PM
(maybe I smell :sad: )

You smell good to me. :drool:

El Salsero Gringo
11th-August-2005, 04:24 PM
You smell good to me. :drool:Would you two just get a room?

(And can I bring a video camera?)

Tessalicious
11th-August-2005, 04:25 PM
You smell good to me. :drool: :blush: :flower: thanks - now I feel like you all think I was fishing for compliments when I really wasn't - just commenting that many women (me included) haven't got a snowflake's at doing ochos properly if we can't get to Jango to learn from the wonderful Kate...

Donna
11th-August-2005, 04:25 PM
Kind of you to say so. There's a little avatar shop just off the Euston Road - but don't tell everyone...

ok, it's our little secret!

David Bailey
11th-August-2005, 04:46 PM
And somehow they always seemed to be desperate to end up about a metre away from me too :confused: (maybe I smell :sad: )
Nah - they were trying to get further away from me, when I'd given them The Look.

That's the special look a man gives a woman, after he's said for the 20th time "BACK AND AROUND on your left. BACK! No - BACK!", then he's had to literally push the leg around.

It's very special, that look.

marty_baby
11th-August-2005, 05:09 PM
"TWK Death Stare" (a name I like), was part of the "Kenobe Accordian".

We then did a return into a tango hold, lead the lady into a side step and then into backwards ochos.

....ah that was it!

Thanks Will! :nice:

Seahorse
11th-August-2005, 06:42 PM
oh dear... it's seems I'm late again with posting. This time by dayzzzz.... am I slow or wot?

Yeah - I was there, yeah it was a superb night - got a messge at about 6.30 from Spicen'easy tellin' me to be there etc. Awesome - and nice to finally meet Sparkles and Cruella - terrific dances!

Best birfday dance I've seen in ages - nice that it started and finished with his missus.

s.

SilverFox
11th-August-2005, 06:54 PM
Would you two just get a room?

(And can I bring a video camera?)Bags Lighting Director!.....

Zebra Woman
11th-August-2005, 07:07 PM
Would you two just get a room?

(And can I bring a video camera?)

Bags Lighting Director!.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nah I think it's you that needs the room more urgently Mr Fox :whistle:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140824&postcount=37

Sparkles
12th-August-2005, 09:53 AM
Awesome - and nice to finally meet Sparkles and Cruella - terrific dances!
Nice to meet you too :nice: - thanks for the lovely dance :flower: and so good to see you posting on the forum (I hope we shall hear more from you in the furture)!

S. x