PDA

View Full Version : Best before date

drathzel
5th-August-2005, 04:33 PM
Does vodka go off? i cant find a best before date!

RachD
5th-August-2005, 04:35 PM
doubt it - isn't alcohol used to preserve things in?

DavidB
5th-August-2005, 04:38 PM
It won't go off. But it may disappear...

RachD
5th-August-2005, 04:40 PM
It won't go off. But it may disappear...

True. Maybe we should come over and test it for you?

drathzel
5th-August-2005, 05:26 PM
True. Maybe we should come over and test it for you?

It and i will be gone by the time you got here, actually i could well be back and very drunk... please bring more alcohol... its the one on the corner..... see you in several hours! :cheers:

under par
5th-August-2005, 05:41 PM
whilst you are talking of sell by dates can anybody explain to me why the put one on SOUR CREAM :confused: :whistle:

Aleks
5th-August-2005, 05:44 PM
whilst you are talking of sell by dates can anybody explain to me why the put one on SOUR CREAM :confused: :whistle:

It's a BEST before date......it would also depend on whether you like smooth white sour cream or if you prefer it with chewy green flecky bits!

Does anyone here take much notice of these dates?

Dance Demon
5th-August-2005, 05:57 PM
It and i will be gone by the time you got here, actually i could well be back and very drunk... please bring more alcohol... its the one on the corner..... see you in several hours! :cheers:

Erm........if you're planning on going to Ferguslie Park..........go in camouflage...espescially if you have vodka........wear Burberry man...an' hide yer voddy in a Buckfast bottle....then you'll look just like a local............." pure quality man".... :wink:

Stuart
5th-August-2005, 07:24 PM

Similarly, why are there best before dates on certain types of mineral water - the type that claim the water has spent 10,000 years filtering through the rocks?

Lynn
5th-August-2005, 07:54 PM
Similarly, why are there best before dates on certain types of mineral water - the type that claim the water has spent 10,000 years filtering through the rocks? And also the note saying that the bottle has been designed specifically for their variety of water and should not be used for any other water (or something like that!). I.e. don't fill it up with tap water to reuse it! (I tend to ignore that one!)

baldrick
5th-August-2005, 07:56 PM
Similarly, why are there best before dates on certain types of mineral water - the type that claim the water has spent 10,000 years filtering through the rocks?
Or for that matter salt? how does that figure :confused:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-August-2005, 08:04 PM
Similarly, why are there best before dates on certain types of mineral water - the type that claim the water has spent 10,000 years filtering through the rocks?Probably because of an overzealous and litigation-aware interpretation of Statuory Instrument 1996 No. 1499, AKA The Food Labelling Regulations 1996 (http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1996/Uksi_19961499_en_1.htm) and its subsequent amendments. A quick peruse suggests that mineral water isn't included in the list of foodstuffs that are specifically exempt from the need to bear a "best before" date.

drathzel
6th-August-2005, 03:48 PM
Erm........if you're planning on going to Ferguslie Park..........go in camouflage...espescially if you have vodka........wear Burberry man...an' hide yer voddy in a Buckfast bottle....then you'll look just like a local............." pure quality man".... :wink:

oi!!!!!.... actually, is all true :tears:

drathzel
6th-August-2005, 03:49 PM
BTW... the vodka was off... or thats my excuse any way.... :whistle:

Rhythm King
8th-August-2005, 10:10 AM
BTW... the vodka was off... or thats my excuse any way.... :whistle:

Nah! it was just the stuff you put in it :wink:

LMC
8th-August-2005, 10:22 AM
:rolleyes:
Nah! it was just the stuff you put in it :wink:

Could happen... I don't drink often, but I find that several vodka and cokes will make me sick, whereas the equivalent quantity of vodka with tonic simply makes me drunk

I am still puzzled as to the vodka being around long enough to (potentially) go out of date