PDA

View Full Version : Dance Face?

Msfab
5th-August-2005, 10:45 AM
Have you ever noticed your dance partner's facial expressions during a dance?

Examples:
You know when they've just done a double spin and not quite sure how theyve done it! :sick:

The lead pulls a new move out of the bag not knowing how theyve managed it! :confused:

The look of horror when they see another dancer heading straight for them! :eek:

Just Wiggle
5th-August-2005, 10:57 AM
I have been told that I pull loads of different faces when I dance!
Especially when I manage to do a double spin...

I think it's due to the fact that I am A) quite surprised I've managed to do a double spin and B) that I have managed to stay upright and am not crashing to the ground in a big heap! :clap:

Also been told that I have a "wiggle" face by a certain SilverFox! Not sure about that one :confused:

Rhythm King
5th-August-2005, 11:35 AM
One partner delights in telling me that she knows what move I'm going to do, from my facial expression, or from the glint in my eye. Of course she's psychic, knows everything and is never wrong, which probably helps :whistle:

R-K x :flower:

Sparkles
5th-August-2005, 11:35 AM
The Master :worthy: of facial expressions whilst dancing is RK! He's just the best at them.

He loves doing lots of footworky moves, and they almost all start from a first-move position, so I never know what's coming - except if I watch is face! He somehow has a different strange facial expression for each variation.

I've told him he does this and sometimes he tries to stop doing it, but even through the concentration of not pulling a face I can tell what he's trying not to do :rofl:
It's just the most amusing thing :rofl:
- and he's a very good lead :hug:.

S. x

Tessalicious
5th-August-2005, 11:39 AM
The Master :worthy: of facial expressions whilst dancing is RK! He's just the best at them.

He loves doing lots of footworky moves, and they almost all start from a first-move position, so I never know what's coming - except if I watch is face! He somehow has a different strange facial expression for each variation.

I've told him he does this and sometimes he tries to stop doing it, but even through the concentration of not pulling a face I can tell what he's trying not to do :rofl:

S. xAnd there I was thinking it was just me that had noticed that! Maybe you can give me some help knowing exactly which expressions indicate what moves, so I can actually do all those complicated ones :blush:

Chef
5th-August-2005, 11:43 AM
One partner delights in telling me that she knows what move I'm going to do, from my facial expression, or from the glint in my eye. Of course she's psychic, knows everything and is never wrong, which probably helps :whistle:

R-K x :flower:

Avoid playing poker with Sparkles Mr King.

Rhythm King
5th-August-2005, 11:44 AM

S. x

Hmm, simultaneous posting again :rolleyes: Like I said, the lovely Miss S is psychic :worthy: :hug:

R-K x

Rhythm King
5th-August-2005, 11:53 AM
Avoid playing poker with Sparkles Mr King.

Been there, done that, lost the T-shirt! :blush:

And she's surprisingly good at video games too - have seen numerous little dungeon munchkins getting swatted for not working hard enough!!

Hmm, Tessalicious and Sparkles for double trouble, I dread to think what faces I'd be making, trying to get them to do different moves at the same time :devil: :rofl:

Andy McGregor
5th-August-2005, 12:16 PM
Has anyone noticed that many guys have a whistling dance face? It's the same guys that do a slight nod on when they do a backstep.

El Salsero Gringo
5th-August-2005, 12:18 PM
Hmm, Tessalicious and Sparkles for double trouble, I dread to think what faces I'd be making, trying to get them to do different moves at the same time ...I think I better go lie down for a while.

Sparkles
5th-August-2005, 12:20 PM
...I think I better go lie down for a while.
If you need any help I'm sure T and I'll be glad to give you a hand - or four :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-August-2005, 12:23 PM
If you need any help I'm sure T and I'll be glad to give you a hand - or four :whistle: :nice:

Sparkles
5th-August-2005, 12:26 PM
And there I was thinking it was just me that had noticed that! Maybe you can give me some help knowing exactly which expressions indicate what moves, so I can actually do all those complicated ones :blush:

Absolutely - the tongue-sitcking-out face means he wants you to do the one where you do a little leap and then cross left behind right.

The one where he pushes his lips together and sucks them in over his teeth is the cue for a columbian kick step slide (although this is not fool proof and sometimes he'll do an extended columbian or he'll change the ending - but usually that can be anticipated by how much space you've got at the time).

If I think of any other obvious ones I'll post them up :flower:

S. x

Lory
5th-August-2005, 12:44 PM
Absolutely - the tongue-sitcking-out face means he wants you to do the one where you do a little leap and then cross left behind right.

S. x
What's the one when his lips start quivering and then he bites them mean :confused:

DavidB
5th-August-2005, 12:48 PM
What's the one when his lips start quivering and then he bites them mean"You are stepping on my foot"

Simon r
5th-August-2005, 12:52 PM
What's the one when his lips start quivering and then he bites them mean :confused:
that he didn't make it to the toilet in time

Sheepman
5th-August-2005, 12:54 PM
What's the one when his lips start quivering and then he bites them mean :confused: You are all so mean!!
I'm so glad I haven't got any! :waycool: :whistle:

Greg

Rhythm King
5th-August-2005, 01:45 PM

The one where he pushes his lips together and sucks them in over his teeth is the cue for a columbian kick step slide (although this is not fool proof and sometimes he'll do an extended columbian or he'll change the ending - but usually that can be anticipated by how much space you've got at the time).

If I think of any other obvious ones I'll post them up :flower:

S. x

Oh thanks, just tell everyone, why don't you? :blush:

Right I'm off to Chrisanne for a special new outfit...

R-K x

Andreas
5th-August-2005, 01:56 PM
"You are stepping on my foot"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Donna
5th-August-2005, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=Sparkles]Absolutely - the tongue-sitcking-out face means he wants you to do the one where you do a little leap and then cross left behind right.[QUOTE/]

Some men pull faces like they are suffering the worst case of constipation before they do lifts or drops don't you think?? That's when I can guess what sort of move is coming up next!!!! :rofl:

Oh yeah...and I must point this out..but the only guy I know who pulls the best facial expressions is Clayton Tubbs!!

under par
5th-August-2005, 02:19 PM
Have you ever noticed your dance partner's facial expressions during a dance?

Examples:

The lead pulls a new move out of the bag not knowing how theyve managed it! :confused:

:

I think I know this face well as I never really know what move is coming up next :whistle: :flower:

Cruella
5th-August-2005, 04:48 PM
Spice and Easy sticks his tongue out when he's concentrating :drool: and Simon r raises his eyebrows alot. :really: I notice these things as i don't do eye contact very well, so i look at the rest of the face instead.

Simon r
5th-August-2005, 05:00 PM
Spice and Easy sticks his tongue out when he's concentrating :drool: and Simon r raises his eyebrows alot. :really: I notice these things as i don't do eye contact very well, so i look at the rest of the face instead.
Roger moore made a whole set of emotions from such a lovely action...
still miffed

Lory
5th-August-2005, 05:05 PM
Mike Ellard makes facial expressions like he hasn't eaten for days and I'm the first course of his favourite meal! :devil:

:rofl:

Zebra Woman
5th-August-2005, 05:11 PM
Mike Ellard makes facial expressions like he hasn't eaten for days and I'm the first course of his favourite meal! :devil:

:rofl:

:yeah: :rofl:

Ha! Yes he does , it's so much more than a dance. It's a complete theatrical experience. :worthy:

What a co-incidence - I was just thinking ...

'What does it mean when the man starts licking his lips?' :drool:

We know someone who does that, don't we girls? :wink:

Msfab
6th-August-2005, 11:13 PM
I think I know this face well as I never really know what move is coming up next :whistle: :flower:

Well under par full range of facial expressions were on show last night! Have no idea what they meant though! :whistle:

under par
7th-August-2005, 12:27 AM
Well under par full range of facial expressions were on show last night! Have no idea what they meant though! :whistle:

Meant......meant.....I haven't a clue whats going on, whats coming next is a mystery!! :eek: :eek:

wicked blue
7th-August-2005, 01:11 PM
The most animated face i've ever had while dancing has to be moon calf - now there's some facial expressions which are hard to beat!! As to what any of them mean...i've no idea, but they make me laugh! :rofl:

mooncalf
7th-August-2005, 01:23 PM
The most animated face i've ever had while dancing has to be moon calf - now there's some facial expressions which are hard to beat!! As to what any of them mean...i've no idea, but they make me laugh! :rofl:

Well there's the 'oops I screwed that one up' face and the 'what the hell have I just done there' one but I think it's for the best if most of them remain a mystery.

Laughing is good though, so if you keep laughing I'll keep doing all the others too.

RachD
7th-August-2005, 06:43 PM

:yeah:

I think he goes something like this:

:nice: :grin: :sick: :rolleyes: :blush: :yum: (that last one is usually after a mistake?!) :grin: :grin: :nice: :blush: :nice: :) :whistle: :really: :rolleyes: :waycool: :what: :confused: :) :nice: :grin: (...and so on.....)

(Notice there are no angry faces there at all)

Very entertaining and enjoyable dances with Mooncalf!

puresunrays
8th-August-2005, 05:53 PM
I love dancing so much that I smile most of the time :grin: but for some reason the guys say "what?" as if there's some hidden meaning behind me smiling.

... Nope, just love to smile and dance and be happy :D :D :D :clap:

puresunrays
8th-August-2005, 05:56 PM
Then of course theres the dance face where the bloke is just staring anywhere but at you, the person he's actually dancing with. :what:

Not a very pleasant experience, makes you feel like you hadn't bothered to dance with him.

Do guys have the same problem with the girls?

Msfab
8th-August-2005, 06:14 PM
I love dancing so much that I smile most of the time :grin: but for some reason the guys say "what?" as if there's some hidden meaning behind me smiling.

... Nope, just love to smile and dance and be happy :D :D :D :clap:

Im never sure how to take such a reaction! Would they rather I cry or better still show no emotion :what:
I physically cant dance and not smile! How do people manage with all those endorphines being produced!

:grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D

Tessalicious
8th-August-2005, 06:38 PM
Then of course theres the dance face where the bloke is just staring anywhere but at you, the person he's actually dancing with. :what:

Not a very pleasant experience, makes you feel like you hadn't bothered to dance with him.

Do guys have the same problem with the girls?I get this problem all the time when dancing as a lead in a class - because the lady I'm dancing with for those few moments didn't choose to dance with another lady but got the short straw in the rotation by ending up with me, they frequently refuse to even look at me, let alone meet my eye. This can be most disconcerting when trying to lead a move where the lady has to see and respond to a signal (yes, I know, I said signal...), where, because they know it's coming, they erratically put their hand out in what they hope is the right direction so I will catch it without them having to even glance at me. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to dodge a poorly-aimed hand...

My theorette on this one is that I can tell which ladies are there to dance and which are there to pull, simply by whether they treat a lady lead the same way as any other (discounting ladies that are there to pull ladies of course :what: ). But then, maybe it's not me and they'd do it anyway (but just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they don't hate me :tears: )

El Salsero Gringo
8th-August-2005, 06:41 PM

Do guys have the same problem with the girls? Yes, we do.

SilverFox
8th-August-2005, 06:53 PM
My theorette on this one is that I can tell which ladies are there to dance and which are there to pull, Point them out to me, will you?.... :whistle:

ducasi
8th-August-2005, 06:56 PM
Do guys have the same problem with the girls? Yes, though there's one girl I like to dance with with this particular problem, and another that I don't. The difference is that one is quite a good dancer, and I'm not allowed to say what I think about the other... :whistle:

My theorette on this one is that I can tell which ladies are there to dance and which are there to pull, simply by whether they treat a lady lead the same way as any other ... Cool! Could you come up to Glasgow sometime and clue me in? :wink:

Minnie M
8th-August-2005, 07:04 PM

and a close second is Mr. Under Par :flower: he looks so serious sometimes, especially when doing the "wiggle" moves :D

Tessalicious
8th-August-2005, 07:17 PM
Cool! Could you come up to Glasgow sometime and clue me in? :wink:
Point them out to me, will you?.... Jeez - men!

No problem SF, but my services don't come cheap :waycool: and ducasi - would love to help man, so if a return ticket to Glasgow turns up on my doorstep anytime soon I'll be right there.

DavidY
9th-August-2005, 08:38 AM
'What does it mean when the man starts licking his lips?' :drool: In my case, I reckon it means I'm starting to get dehydrated & need to drink some more water. :blush:

under par
9th-August-2005, 09:08 AM
and a close second is Mr. Under Par :flower: he looks so serious sometimes, especially when doing the "wiggle" moves :D

I am really, really,seriously working on a new dance smile :D :grin:

Let me know what you think next time we dance :D :grin:

Minnie M
9th-August-2005, 02:24 PM
I am really, really,seriously working on a new dance smile
:flower: we all love you the way you are UP :hug:

Msfab
9th-August-2005, 02:41 PM
I am really, really,seriously working on a new dance smile :D :grin:

Let me know what you think next time we dance :D :grin:

Dont go changing anything! You're just Fab the way you are Under Par! :whistle:

Err..actually maybe more dry shirts!

Donna
9th-August-2005, 02:49 PM
Dont go changing anything! You're just Fab the way you are Under Par! :whistle:

Err..actually maybe more dry shirts!

Meeooww! :D

Msfab
9th-August-2005, 02:52 PM
Meeooww! :D

No, He knows better than most about dryness! :yum:

Whats your record now under par? :whistle:

Donna
9th-August-2005, 03:04 PM
No, He knows better than most about dryness! :yum:

Whats your record now under par? :whistle:

I'm sure under par can't be any worse than one guy I dance with once. For a start he was like a barrel and man he was sweatin like a glass blowers ass. :drool: It was like he just came out of the shower. Honestly, why can't they start making waterproof t-shirts!!!!!

Msfab
9th-August-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm sure under par can't be any worse than one guy I dance with once. For a start he was like a barrel and man he was sweatin like a glass blowers ass. :drool: It was like he just came out of the shower. Honestly, why can't they start making waterproof t-shirts!!!!!

Yes water proof shirts! but the perspirations got to go somewhere. We need something that will collect and discard the perspiration somewhere far away from us ladies! Have no idea what though! :whistle:

Are there any inventors out there? :rolleyes:

Donna
9th-August-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes water proof shirts! but the perspirations got to go somewhere. We need something that will collect and discard the perspiration somewhere far away from us ladies! Have no idea what though! :whistle:

Are there any inventors out there? :rolleyes:

Hmmm now lets see... well inside the t-shirt could be a few filter patches which is then connected to tiny little drain tubes which then travels down their trouser legs and some little plastic bags attached at the end where they collect all the sweat. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Msfab
9th-August-2005, 03:25 PM
Hmmm now lets see... well inside the t-shirt could be a few filter patches which is then connected to tiny little drain tubes which then travels down their trouser legs and some little plastic bags attached at the end where they collect all the sweat. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

not sure I like the idea of plastic bags at the ends of trousers! there is the potential for a not so nice person in stilettos (have no idea how they can even stand let a lone dance in them) popping the bag of sweat, oh not a nice thought all that sweat all over the floor! :eek:

And do we trust some men to even remember to empty their bags when full! :whistle:

Donna
9th-August-2005, 03:31 PM
not sure I like the idea of plastic bags at the ends of trousers! there is the potential for a not so nice person in stilettos (have no idea how they can even stand let a lone dance in them) popping the bag of sweat, oh not a nice thought all that sweat all over the floor! :eek:

And do we trust some men to even remember to empty their bags when full! :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl:

Minnie M
9th-August-2005, 04:13 PM
Isn't it strange that these sort of guys always seem to use the 'comb' move when they are dripping :sick: and then you have to wipe your wet yucky hand quickly before he catches it :(

Donna
9th-August-2005, 04:23 PM
Isn't it strange that these sort of guys always seem to use the 'comb' move when they are dripping :sick: and then you have to wipe your wet yucky hand quickly before he catches it :(

You're so right minnie...they do. I think they do it deliberately!! :angry: All men like that should wear shirts like Harry Hill!!!

Just Wiggle
10th-August-2005, 04:27 PM
The most animated face i've ever had while dancing has to be moon calf - now there's some facial expressions which are hard to beat!! As to what any of them mean...i've no idea, but they make me laugh! :yeah:

They make me laugh too Wicked Blue! :rofl:

Must say Roger Chin pulls loads of faces when I dance with him albet most of them very cheeky! :)

Minnie M
10th-August-2005, 04:33 PM
........Must say Roger Chin pulls loads of faces when I dance with him albet most of them very cheeky! :)
:yeah: :flower: Roger is always a pleasure to dance with and he is one of the few dancers who ALWAYS smiles :clap: :hug: :kiss: :yeah:

Donna
10th-August-2005, 04:57 PM

They make me laugh too Wicked Blue! :rofl:

Must say Roger Chin pulls loads of faces when I dance with him albet most of them very cheeky! :)

Yeah I noticed that. Some men I dance with who take you into a first move then travel backwards tend to roll there eyes up to the ceiling. That really tickles me!!