PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night

Icey
5th-August-2005, 08:46 AM
Morning all,

Whilst the debate for tonight still rages, I thought I would see if anyone has any recommendations for tomorrow night.

The only one I've got so far is Woking at the HG Wells Hall. This one used to be Rebel Roc but has been bought by Ceroc so you can now use your Ceroc membership card.

It is a nice venue - air conditioned, large floor, loads of parking, loads of seating around the floor.

Any ideas?

mooncalf
5th-August-2005, 08:50 AM
Morning all,

It is a nice venue - air conditioned, large floor, loads of parking, loads of seating around the floor.

Any ideas?

It is all of those things.

LMC
5th-August-2005, 09:15 AM
Watford or Woking look like the only two events within reasonable distance of central/north London (unless anyone knows what the Bomb Boogie is in Essex? - found on uk-jive.co.uk but no weblink for further info).

Didn't think much of Watford last month (sorry Richard & co) - it was too quiet (which meant that there was no excuse for the rubbish floorcraft in evidence). So looks like Woking for me :nice:

Gojive
5th-August-2005, 09:26 AM
I'm going to Woking on Saturday. I hope I can meet some more of you :cheers:

Paul F
6th-August-2005, 01:56 PM
:tears:

Im gutted. I really wanted to go to Woking tonight but I had to be out of my B+B in Effingham at 10:30 this morning :mad:
I just couldnt think of anything to do that could fill 9 or 10 hours and still be able to go directly to the venue so I decided to drive home.

I was looking forward to seeing the HG Wells centre as I had a glimpse on the web for info and it looks fab.

Hope you have a great night. :cheers:

DavidY
7th-August-2005, 10:55 PM
I went to Northwich and a had a good time. :clap:

Nice surprise to find Marc & Rachel there, with Marc DJing for a good part of the night. :clap:

Good dancers there from the NW and a few I recognised from further afield as well.

LMC
7th-August-2005, 11:04 PM
Just to cheer you up Paul - the air con at Woking broke down and there were no fans! It was like a sauna in there for a couple of hours until they got it going again!

Anyone who hasn't been: it is a fab venue (when the air con is working) and the water is free. Warning tho': the floor is *very* 'fast' - brush up those suede soles if you don't want to be skating instead of dancing!

Gojive
7th-August-2005, 11:37 PM
Just to cheer you up Paul - the air con at Woking broke down and there were no fans! It was like a sauna in there for a couple of hours until they got it going again!

Anyone who hasn't been: it is a fab venue (when the air con is working) and the water is free. Warning tho': the floor is *very* 'fast' - brush up those suede soles if you don't want to be skating instead of dancing!

Great to meet you and Icey on Saturday, and thank you both for the dances :clap: :clap: .

The floor has often been a bit of a problem at Woking from time to time, but I think on this occassion it was ten times worse than normal :sick: .

My little whinge from the night, is about the DJ deciding to play a few tracks back to back, with no breaks in between. Does anyone really think this is good :confused:

Also met Groovy Dancer at the end of night, and I pointed him toward you and Icey.....did he catch you before you left? :)

I'm back at HG Wells tomorrow (Mon) night for the regular classes, and it promises to be a very warm day down here......I do hope that sodding A/C is working from the off!! :really: