PDA

View Full Version : Ashton's 19th August

Lucy Locket
3rd-August-2005, 04:42 PM
You all have to be there & everyone male & female has to have a dance with Angelique. :flower:

Sorry Angelique but i'm on a mission to make up for you not having many dances last night at Northampton. (think all the good men were on holiday together!! & the ones that were there didn't ask her to dance). :tears: :tears: :tears:

It's her birthday evening (well 21st is anyway). :clap:

:cheers: :hug:

angelique
5th-August-2005, 12:05 AM
You all have to be there & everyone male & female has to have a dance with Angelique. :flower:

Sorry Angelique but i'm on a mission to make up for you not having many dances last night at Northampton. (think all the good men were on holiday together!! & the ones that were there didn't ask her to dance). :tears: :tears: :tears:

It's her birthday evening (well 21st is anyway). :clap:

:cheers: :hug:

:rofl: :rofl:
Yeah am gonna try and make up for it at ashtons in order to celebrate my birthday so anyone wanna join me there to achieve this?
I will be supplying cake, tho probably NOT baked by my own fair hands ( :whistle: ) and if no one asks me to dance here, am gonna dance the night away all by myself and THEN give up MJ for good :tears:
Look forward to seeing everyone who can make it :flower: and please help me achieve my goal of not sitting down for one track all night unless I am blue in the face :what:
Bob, be warned...will be pm'ing you with my list of requests as is the perogative of being the birthday girl :grin:

angelique
5th-August-2005, 12:10 AM
:
Look forward to seeing everyone who can make it :flower: and please help me achieve my goal of not sitting down for one track all night unless I am blue in the face :what:

Wonder if any of the lovely Scottish / Northern People from here will be "passing" by that night, with not a lot to do , wondering where they could go?
Imagine having a dance with Franck in his kilt on your birthday! HOW GOOD would that be eh girls? :D :wink:
Just a thought, no pressure!

SHEENA!!!!!!!!! I hear you're good at organising things....... :rofl:

Lory
5th-August-2005, 07:31 AM
I shall be there my friend... wouldn't miss it for the world! :hug: :kiss: :hug:

Little Em
5th-August-2005, 09:04 AM
hmmmm.... Ashtons....

Steve is coming down here that friday... may possibly have to take him straight from the airport to Ashtons.... :yum:

Lory, i know you will want him there! :wink:

I am sure i can find a way to convince him! :whistle:

I haven travelled South for ages for a dance so i think its about time!!

Em x :flower:

Lucy Locket
5th-August-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah am gonna try and make up for it at ashtons in order to celebrate my birthday so anyone wanna join me there to achieve this?
I will be supplying cake, tho probably NOT baked by my own fair hands ( :whistle: ) and if no one asks me to dance here, am gonna dance the night away all by myself and THEN give up MJ for good :tears:
Bob, be warned...will be pm'ing you with my list of requests as is the perogative of being the birthday girl :grin:

YOU have to BAKE the cake !!!! :flower:
Looks like i'll be dancing with you all night then, as you've not had any firm offers yet !!!!!!! But there's no way you'll be sitting down :rofl:

angelique
5th-August-2005, 11:32 PM
hmmmm.... Ashtons....

Steve is coming down here that friday... may possibly have to take him straight from the airport to Ashtons.... :yum:

Lory, i know you will want him there! :wink:

I am sure i can find a way to convince him! :whistle:

I haven travelled South for ages for a dance so i think its about time!!

Em x :flower:

:yeah:

YIIIIIIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Hope you do manage to persuade him, use your best persuasive tactics hun! :wink: :drool:
I'm sure you got one or two....after all you are a female!

Clive Long
6th-August-2005, 01:21 AM
I hear "Fire" and "Call on me" are perrenial favourites at Ashtons. Bob can play you his 27-minute symphonic dub-master remix version.

Friday, 19th, it's in the diary. Let's just not have another poll about who's going where, please.

And Bob, when are you gonna play some bhangra mate?

Clive

DianaS
12th-August-2005, 04:03 PM
OMG! Angelque's birthday :cheers:

Hell nor high water will stop me from coming to this one! and the dress code is??? :devil: :devil: and what delightful morsel of manliness can I bring with me to honour your birthday something tasteful I think that we can share (a REAL hunk) hmmmm :flower: :drool:

PLeaasssee send me details Angelique
You know it makes sense
Who's coming from the Midlands this is going to be a biggie!!
Love Diana

angelique
12th-August-2005, 04:24 PM
I hear "Fire" and "Call on me" are perrenial favourites at Ashtons. Bob can play you his 27-minute symphonic dub-master remix version.

Friday, 19th, it's in the diary. Let's just not have another poll about who's going where, please.

And Bob, when are you gonna play some bhangra mate?

Clive
Clive, glad to know you gonna be there...lets just hope we actually meet as I STILL don't know who you are!
As for the Bhangra...definetly...........NOT!!!

angelique
12th-August-2005, 04:27 PM
OMG! Angelque's birthday :cheers:

Hell nor high water will stop me from coming to this one! and the dress code is??? :devil: :devil: and what delightful morsel of manliness can I bring with me to honour your birthday something tasteful I think that we can share (a REAL hunk) hmmmm :flower: :drool:

PLeaasssee send me details Angelique
You know it makes sense
Who's coming from the Midlands this is going to be a biggie!!
Love Diana

Dress code, let me think....how's about "come as the day you were born" except for the birthday girl!!! :rofl:
Sharing sounds good too Diana...knew I could count on you! :wink:
Spoken to a few of the usual regulars at Ashtons so we should be ok in the "fit men to dance with" stakes but of course, new or non-regulars ALWAYS welcome eh girls?? :drool: :yum:

Clive Long
12th-August-2005, 04:29 PM
Clive, glad to know you gonna be there...lets just hope we actually meet as I STILL don't know who you are!
I have that identity problem myself

As for the Bhangra...definetly...........NOT!!!
Aw, come on, push those boundaries - more chicken tikka than chicken and chips :ducks:

Clive

Purple Sparkler
12th-August-2005, 04:32 PM
I'll be there.

As for the Bhangra- I was actually thinking the other day that I wouldn't mind learning some Bollywood moves, just for the fun of it. Blame 'Bride and Prejudice'- "Watch out, Darcy, he's about to transform into the Indian MC Hammer..."

Clive Long
12th-August-2005, 04:44 PM
I'll be there.

As for the Bhangra- I was actually thinking the other day that I wouldn't mind learning some Bollywood moves, just for the fun of it. Blame 'Bride and Prejudice'- "Watch out, Darcy, he's about to transform into the Indian MC Hammer..."
You lucky North London people can go on a course

http://www.artsdepot.co.uk/event_details.php?event_id=375

Dizzy
12th-August-2005, 04:51 PM
I'll be there!!

David Bailey
12th-August-2005, 04:59 PM
I'll carry on my 100% "avoid forum-heavy events" strategy by being at Cheshunt - there's a good (I hope) salsa class there to start the night off...

Clive Long
12th-August-2005, 05:06 PM
I'll carry on my 100% "avoid forum-heavy events" strategy by being at Cheshunt - there's a good (I hope) salsa class there to start the night off...
People will think you don't really exist if you carry on like that .....

Good to very good Latiny set by Robin at Finchley last Tuesday. Repped him for that. Finchley is almost as good as Adam says it is ...

Of course, I shouldn't promote Finchley as it is just at the point of suffering the too-busy syndrome and we don't want to go into all that again , do we ??

Clive

Repeat 100 times: must stop posting, must stop posting, must stop posting, .....

David Bailey
12th-August-2005, 05:36 PM
People will think you don't really exist if you carry on like that .....
Darn, you caught on to my plan :tears:

I intended to slowly reduce my RL self until I exist only online, at which point I shall dominate the world by making all the telephones on the planet ring at the same time.

Anyone else think that's a truly naff first thing to do upon achieving cyber-deity-hood?

Obviously, Plan B now beckons.

Finchley is almost as good as Adam says it is ...
:rofl: To quote ESG, "mmmfm mhmh mmm mfff"

But yes, it's a good place. And only 1 mile away from me :smug:

Tiggerbabe
12th-August-2005, 08:23 PM
Sorry Angelique - Franck will still be on holiday on the 19th :hug:
I'm dj-ing in Aberdeen for the Saturday Party freestyle so I'll not make it either :tears:

We'll make it up to you in Southport though, I promise :D

Have a great night babe, you can have all my dances too :wink:

Andreas
12th-August-2005, 09:04 PM
I should be there, too. Well, there is hoping anyway :D

Tessalicious
12th-August-2005, 09:20 PM
:tears: I can't come guys! Ashtons Friday has been absolutely fab the last few months but I have to go up north for a wedding so not for me this time. Have a fab time for me y'all ;)

tiger
16th-August-2005, 07:50 PM
:grin: Who's going to Ashtons this fri?

And is there any other dance worth a look this weekend in London or the south east?

David Bailey
17th-August-2005, 12:16 AM
And is there any other dance worth a look this weekend in London or the south east?
Cheshunt is on also on Friday - see here (http://www.cerocmetro.com/latest_news.html) for details.

Note: the salsa class is apparently supposed to start at 8pm, but, and call me psychic on this, I suspect it'll be more like 8.30-ish :innocent:

Clive Long
17th-August-2005, 12:29 AM
:grin: Who's going to Ashtons this fri?

Try here (http://cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6052)

Try here (http://www.lyndaslist.com/)

Cruella
17th-August-2005, 08:52 AM
Hate to miss any dance event, especially one celebrating someones birthday (Angelique) but will be sunning myself in the south of France. :waycool:

Icey
17th-August-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm going as I want to celebrate my exam successes. I can't think of a better way.

LMC
17th-August-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm going as I want to celebrate my exam successes. I can't think of a better way.
Given that exam successes are less frequent than birthdays, that HAS to be worth a special dance if angelique doesn't mind sharing...

Congratulations :clap:

Dizzy
17th-August-2005, 01:58 PM

YAY!! :clap:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Well, you will be among lots of friends to help you celebrate on friday night!! :cheers:

Zebra Woman
18th-August-2005, 11:24 AM
Whoo hoo !!

I'm coming to Ashtons tomorrow to celebrate Angelique's birthday :clap: :cheers: :clap: .

I will be driving Miss Conduct and a friend, but I have room for one more.....first come first served.

See Y'all there

ZW :flower:

Missy D
18th-August-2005, 12:15 PM
I will be there! Rumours are there could be some lap sitting going on too :clap: :drool: :clap:

Icey
18th-August-2005, 12:20 PM
Given that exam successes are less frequent than birthdays, that HAS to be worth a special dance if angelique doesn't mind sharing...

Birthdays are more important! I shall stand several paces behind Angelique and hopefully get dances from the hoards of guys that have just danced with her. :flower:

LMC
18th-August-2005, 12:23 PM
Birthdays are more important! I shall stand several paces behind Angelique and hopefully get dances from the hoards of guys that have just danced with her. :flower:
The floor is big enough for the 2 of you to share, and since you kept your birthday very quiet.... :whistle:

David Bailey
18th-August-2005, 12:27 PM
The floor is big enough for the 2 of you to share, and since you kept your birthday very quiet.... :whistle:
Hey, good work on the Evil Point Accumulating there... :clap:

Icey
18th-August-2005, 12:50 PM
and since you kept your birthday very quiet.... :whistle:

I was letting you have the limelight sweetie :hug: Next year we try to grab a guy for a double trouble birthday dance! :rofl:

dee
18th-August-2005, 12:52 PM
I will be going too, hope to get a look in on this lap dance as i seemed to of missed out in Twyford last week :tears:

lindyloo
18th-August-2005, 01:28 PM
Have a fab birthday Angelique. Sorry I can't be there.

Make sure Bob & Ian play all your favourite tunes
x

LMC
18th-August-2005, 01:32 PM
I was letting you have the limelight sweetie :hug: Next year we try to grab a guy for a double trouble birthday dance! :rofl:

There were several birthdays that night, you should have joined in.

DT birthday dance next year? oh yeah!!! :clap: :clap:

And you're not getting away with it, if angelique doesn't mind, then you are SO out there on that dance floor...

I will be going too, hope to get a look in on this lap dance as i seemed to of missed out in Twyford last week :tears:
:yeah: Laps were notably absent for me too last Saturday :tears: - and I never got to meet you & sis, look foward to chatting to you on Friday :flower:

Rachel
18th-August-2005, 03:49 PM
Oh wow - forgot about this. We'll be there!!!
R. xx

Icey
19th-August-2005, 08:34 AM
It has been pointed out to me that I've neglected to tell you what exams I have passed, so ... *dramatic drum roll*

I have finally achieved the beginners certificate in backstroke!!! Ta-dahhhhh!

David Bailey
19th-August-2005, 09:00 AM
I have finally achieved the beginners certificate in backstroke!!! Ta-dahhhhh!
Congratulations - what distance? :innocent:

Icey
19th-August-2005, 10:01 AM
Congratulations - what distance? :innocent:

2 widths of my niece's paddling pool :D

David Bailey
19th-August-2005, 10:17 AM
2 widths of my niece's paddling pool :D
Well, if that's not worth celebrating, I don't know what is...

Icey
19th-August-2005, 11:47 AM
OK, OK, have been told off again :blush: I be truthful this time.

I've just passed the last of my AAT exams which are accounting exams. They allow me to go straight to level 2 of certified accountancy which means I am legitimately allowed to call myself a "part qualified accountant"

I hear you say 'certified accountancy' ... surely she means certifiable? :rofl:

Purple Sparkler
19th-August-2005, 11:55 AM
I hear you say 'certified accountancy' ... surely she means certifiable? :rofl:

Well my Dad's an accountant and he's certifiable, so... just kidding.

David Bailey
19th-August-2005, 12:01 PM
I've just passed the last of my AAT exams which are accounting exams. They allow me to go straight to level 2 of certified accountancy which means I am legitimately allowed to call myself a "part qualified accountant"
Tut.

I think you were better off with the swimming certificate line myself, that's at least vaguely plausible compared to this latest wild fantasy...

Purple Sparkler
19th-August-2005, 12:04 PM
Tut.

I think you were better off with the swimming certificate line myself, that's at least vaguely plausible compared to this latest wild fantasy...

We'll have to start doing the Arnold Rimmer thing and putting BSC and SSC after her name (Bronze Swimming Certificate and Silver Swimming Certificate)

Icey
19th-August-2005, 12:21 PM
We'll have to start doing the Arnold Rimmer thing and putting BSC and SSC after her name (Bronze Swimming Certificate and Silver Swimming Certificate)

The Mr Fibble glove puppet with lazer beams eyes will be coming out so watch it! :rofl:

Zebra Woman
19th-August-2005, 01:45 PM
I have just emailed DJ Bob with a request for Angelique's fave tracks.

Very excited now!

ZW:SSC

Lory
19th-August-2005, 04:06 PM
Just thought I'd let you all know that there's NO class tonight! ;)

Ballroom and Latin practice music will be played from 7:30 till 8pm then straight into MJ freestyle! :na:

Hopefully Bob will let us 'chill' for the last hour! PLEASE Bob! :worthy: :flower: :flower:

dee
19th-August-2005, 04:34 PM
Oh no!!!! im not happy :tears: my baby sitter is ill and everyone else is already going out. ive been looking forward to it all week :tears: unless a miracle turns up i cant go :tears: will be thinking of you all while im watching something boring on tv wishing i was dancing :tears:

Zebra Woman
19th-August-2005, 04:40 PM
Just thought I'd let you all know that there's NO class tonight! ;)

Ballroom and Latin practice music will be played from 7:30 till 8pm then straight into MJ freestyle! :na:

Hopefully Bob will let us 'chill' for the last hour! PLEASE Bob! :worthy: :flower: :flower:

Oh goody we're going to get there at 8.30 ...

Yes please can we completely chill for the last hour Bob? :hug: :worthy: :flower:

Northants Girly
19th-August-2005, 04:54 PM
Oh goody we're going to get there at 8.30 ...

Yes please can we completely chill for the last hour Bob? :hug: :worthy: :flower:I thought you were setting off at 8? . . .

Zebra Woman
19th-August-2005, 04:57 PM
I thought you were setting off at 8? . . .

We were because we assumed the calss would finish by 9. Once we realised there is no class we decided to go for MAX FREESTYLE :clap: :cheers:

I just love it when there isn't a class. :innocent:

Sorry teachers :blush:

LMC
20th-August-2005, 02:49 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lovely to see so many people and meet some new ones

Lots of great dances :waycool: , hardly any sitting on the side

Thanks all for a fun evening :flower:

WittyBird
20th-August-2005, 02:56 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lovely to see so many people and meet some new ones

Lots of great dances :waycool: , hardly any sitting on the side

Thanks all for a fun evening :flower:

I couldnt agree more... I had a fantastic night , I met some lovely people had some great dances thanks to NewKid for setting most of them up! I danced with people i never imagined possible you are all truly an inspiration

Clive Long
20th-August-2005, 03:06 AM
I have just emailed DJ Bob with a request for Angelique's fave tracks.

Very excited now!

ZW:SSC
Angelique? Angelique? What happened girl? :tears:

Russell Saxby
20th-August-2005, 10:42 AM

:yeah: :yeah: affer I made a special effort to head all the way across town. :sad:

New Kid / Witty Bird - don't know what you looked like so you both slipped through the net - descriptions please.

Missy D
20th-August-2005, 10:49 AM
:yeah: :yeah: affer I made a special effort to head all the way across town. :sad:

New Kid / Witty Bird - don't know what you looked like so you both slipped through the net - descriptions please.

And i thought you came all that way just for me :tears:

Missy D
20th-August-2005, 10:59 AM
I had a great time last night! :clap:

New kid i asked around but the only description i got from someone was that you were a tall lady! After embarrassing myself by approaching 2 tall ladies and saying new kid and getting funny looks i gave up. Next time let me know what you are wearing.. :flower:

Had some lovely dances with Russell Saxby and Silver fox :worthy: Lapsitting on the dance floor too on top and underneath :drool:

Oh and I almost forgot "The Corpse" was not present :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you also to Ian and Bob for the great music :flower:

Russell Saxby
20th-August-2005, 11:03 AM
And i thought you came all that way just for me :tears:

:blush: :blush:

Dizzy
20th-August-2005, 11:14 AM
Had a fabulous night and had some of the best dances ever!! :clap: :worthy:

Russell and Missy D, I'm sorry but didn't get to meet you guys :tears:

I did get to put some names to faces

I will hold you to that dance DianaS!!!

Rachel and KevF - it was nice to meet you guys. Hope to catch up soon. :flower:

dee
20th-August-2005, 11:21 AM
I had a fantastic time last night :clap: was so glad i managed to get that sitter!!! I must of danced to every track. i met so many friendly people had so many great dances!!! im suffering today but was well worth it :clap:

Was also nice to join in on this lap sitting dance, very enjoyable :drool: I also tried to look for New Kid but found there were quite a few tall ladies out there so gave up to, hope to meet you next time :cheers:

WittyBird
20th-August-2005, 11:40 AM

What can I say.... Soul destroying not to meet you :tears: but i put on a brave face and danced all night! As for a description all in black with 2 left feet :wink:

Andreas
20th-August-2005, 12:18 PM
I loved the latin tracks! Thanks to ZW and Lory for enduring the Cha Cha's with me. I was gutted that I did not manage to dance a Rumba as I was intercepted by somebody who could not do it :tears: :tears:

Thanks for all the great dances! :flower:

stewart38
20th-August-2005, 12:19 PM
What can I say.... Soul destroying not to meet you :tears: but i put on a brave face and danced all night! As for a description all in black with 2 left feet :wink:

Looks like a missed a great evening should have bought my non dancer :sad:

Glad my 'teaching' had paid off :grin: no rep required :yeah:

Lory
20th-August-2005, 12:37 PM
I can gladly report that Angelique is alive and well :clap: :nice: but was kidnapped and taken down to Devon for a weeks holiday, at the very last minute :waycool: she appoligises to everyone! :flower:

El Salsero Gringo
20th-August-2005, 01:17 PM
I can gladly report that Angelique is alive and well :clap: :nice: but was kidnapped and taken down to Devon for a weeks holiday, at the very last minute :waycool: she appoligises to everyone! :flower:I feel obliged to comment that I find it very 'Zaphod Beeblebrox' to be kidnapped and so fail to attend your own birthday celebration. Cool, or what?

JoC
20th-August-2005, 02:37 PM
I was gutted that I did not manage to dance a Rumba as I was intercepted by somebody who could not do it :tears: :tears:Glad that wasn't me! I'd be double-gutted.
(I was busy intercepting other people to do dances I couldn't do :rolleyes: )

Andreas
20th-August-2005, 03:14 PM
Glad that wasn't me! I'd be double-gutted.
(I was busy intercepting other people to do dances I couldn't do :rolleyes: )

:rofl: :flower:

Did we meet? We certainly have not been introduced. :(

JoC
20th-August-2005, 03:19 PM
Did we meet? We certainly have not been introduced. :(Definitely not last night anyway because I was in Dundee :) . I was in London week before last, no idea if our paths crossed then... I was thinking of you all in Ashton's though now I can picture it!!! (and now I know some of the southern faces).

DavidY
20th-August-2005, 03:20 PM
I was gutted that I did not manage to dance a Rumba as I was intercepted by somebody who could not do it :tears: :tears:I didn't even notice a Rumba had been played (and I should know better). :blush:

Apologies to whoever I danced with - I led my usual "whatever-random-stuff-comes-into-my-head" non-Rumba moves. :blush:

DavidY
20th-August-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks to Northants Girly (aided and abetted by DianaS and Lucy Locket) for leading me astray to my first visit to Ashtons last night. :clap:

The people on the door seemed uncertain about what to do with my ancient green low-tech Ceroc membership card, but they let me in anyway.

The natives seemed to be friendly - I was asked to dance several times, even though very few people there had ever danced with me before (and so presumably had no idea whether I could dance or not.)

I had a good night & some good dances but the best dances I had were at the start and at the end. The rest of the time I wished there had been more space. It wasn't ridiculously packed (I've seen a lot worse) but I still found it a bit limiting at times. And (for me at least) the music was uneccesarily loud.. :sad:

DianaS
20th-August-2005, 09:13 PM
I can gladly report that Angelique is alive and well :clap: :nice: but was kidnapped and taken down to Devon for a weeks holiday, at the very last minute :waycool: she appoligises to everyone! :flower:
Wow! but what a party top throw! :D Really good night would never have come if it hadn't been for Angelique and NG! :cheers: Cheers mates!

LMC
21st-August-2005, 02:19 AM
Thanks wittybird, the cheque is in the post :wink:

Russell & dee - :tears: can't believe I missed you guys again!! - hopefully meet soon :flower:

Icey
23rd-August-2005, 01:06 PM
I had a fab night - Clive's examples of "the running man" and "dance like an egyptian" had me in stitches and will have me laughing for weeks - please can we have a rerun? :eek: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks to all everyone for the dances ...usual yada yada yada ...

angelique
27th-August-2005, 09:58 AM
Looks like I missed a good night! :tears:

Did Lory get a "bit" tipsy, did Bob play any "boberations", was I fantastic?
Who bought the birthday cake, did I give Icey a celebratory hug for pasing the backstroke exam? Did Russell Saxby dance like a dream?