PDA

View Full Version : Any single men out there?

Lory
3rd-August-2005, 10:04 AM
My mate Colin sent me this email, if anyone's interested, please PM me and I'll forward the full details onto you! :)

Hi Lory,

Here's a copy of the email I sent out, about a night I am organising at the
Bingo for all my single friends, on Friday 12th Aug.

At the moment we are short of a few guys to make the numbers even, so if you could forward it on to any single men that you know then that would be great.

Just to reiterate what I have said in the email,
this is not a singles club and there will be no silly games or embarrassing
activities. This is just a fun evening out for people who are in a similar
situation.

Colin

Missy D
11th-August-2005, 04:50 PM
I have yet to meet a man that doesnt say he is single so guess you had lots of pms :whistle:

Andreas
12th-August-2005, 11:08 PM
I am not. Though it almost feels as if I was. :tears:

Feelingpink
13th-August-2005, 07:03 AM
I am not. Though it almost feels as if I was. :tears:Awwwww. :hug:

Russell Saxby
13th-August-2005, 11:23 AM
I am :D

But only just saw this thread this morning, so I missed the night out :tears:

The only problem with bingo, is everyone takes it so seriously, and you don't really get a chance to talk during the evening - so here's hoping they went on somewhere afterwards.

Last time I went to bingo I got a line and £15 - paid for my curry afterwards :drool:

David Bailey
13th-August-2005, 11:59 AM
The only problem with bingo, is everyone takes it so seriously, and you don't really get a chance to talk during the evening
Totally :yeah:

All those adverts Mecca Bingo used to run on the telly about happy sociable bingo-ite ladies just getting together for a fun night out, eyeing up the talent and having a laugh? Lies, all lies - it's a cutthroat world in the average bingo hall.

As for the typical bingo punter, well, anyone who's been outside Ashtons at 9.15pm (chucking-out time for the bingo hall opposite) knows what these people are like. Not exactly a happy-go-lucky bunch. And they take all the good parking spaces :(

dee
13th-August-2005, 01:23 PM
I have yet to meet a man that doesnt say he is single so guess you had lots of pms :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that is so funny, and so true :rofl: :rofl: i wonder if its just us that meet these kind of men????

Night Owl
13th-August-2005, 03:30 PM
But some of us really are single :tears:

Missy D
13th-August-2005, 05:28 PM
But some of us really are single :tears:

Sure you are!! the woman behind you in the Ceroc queue is just a mate eh! :wink:

I lived with a man once who told everyone i was his landlady. I only found this out when a man asked if i had any spare rooms whilst his house was being renovated. :mad:

Gojive
13th-August-2005, 05:43 PM
I was a bingo caller for 20 years! :blush:

Tiggerbabe
13th-August-2005, 05:58 PM
Oh Lordy! And there was me thinking "The Bingo" was some fab club!! :blush: I didn't think they were seriously off to the Bingo *yawn* :rofl:

Russell Saxby
13th-August-2005, 06:26 PM
I lived with a man once who told everyone i was his landlady. I only found this out when a man asked if i had any spare rooms whilst his house was being renovated. :mad:

and did you have a spare room?? - I like to know how the story ends

Night Owl
14th-August-2005, 04:22 PM
Sure you are!! the woman behind you in the Ceroc queue is just a mate eh! :wink:

not much of a queue up here yet :tears: Franck only trying to get class off ground :clap:

and for the record i really am single :tears:

Robin
15th-August-2005, 01:38 AM
Talking of bingo (and by the way I'm NOT single) has anyone ever played bingo in Portugal ? Its an experience and very different. They sort of work on a much faster turnaround so the numbers are read out at alarming speed ! 'sfunny coz everybody plays - they might just drop in for 15 minutes before going somewhere. Really do recommend it though - if you happen to be there !

stewart38
15th-August-2005, 03:55 PM
My mate Colin sent me this email, if anyone's interested, please PM me and I'll forward the full details onto you! :)

so how did the night turn out ?

Stuart
15th-August-2005, 04:19 PM
Talking of bingo (and by the way I'm NOT single) has anyone ever played bingo in Portugal ? Its an experience and very different. They sort of work on a much faster turnaround so the numbers are read out at alarming speed ! 'sfunny coz everybody plays - they might just drop in for 15 minutes before going somewhere. Really do recommend it though - if you happen to be there !

I saw something similar once in Italy.

Stuart
15th-August-2005, 04:23 PM
Totally :yeah:

All those adverts Mecca Bingo used to run on the telly about happy sociable bingo-ite ladies just getting together for a fun night out, eyeing up the talent and having a laugh? Lies, all lies - it's a cutthroat world in the average bingo hall.

As for the typical bingo punter, well, anyone who's been outside Ashtons at 9.15pm (chucking-out time for the bingo hall opposite) knows what these people are like. Not exactly a happy-go-lucky bunch. And they take all the good parking spaces :(

I can agree with all this.

My Grandfather used to do part-time Bingo calling for his British Legion Club. We went a couple of times and it was ruthless!

There used to be a Bingo Hall around the corner from where I live. Despite it being Residents Only parking, they used to park here and get really upset when we complained to them about it.