PDA

View Full Version : Do drinking and dancing mix?

Baruch
3rd-August-2005, 02:01 AM
What are people's views on drinking (alcohol, that is) during a class or freestyle night? Personally, although I like a drink now and then, I never touch anything alcoholic on a dance night because my dancing suffers. What do others think?

Buttons
3rd-August-2005, 08:21 AM
I used to like a glass or two of wine before going dancing when I was a begginer. I soon found out that dancing and drinking increased the speed of my dehydration. I either spun or the room did. I was never able to catch up with the room so stopped drinking. Now I can't drink, half a glass of wine would floor me. :cheers:

Simon r
3rd-August-2005, 08:51 AM
step in Cruella........
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anna
3rd-August-2005, 09:18 AM
I used to be teetotal and turn up my nose at people who dared to drink at danceparties.. but since dancing a lot of Salsa lately up in Auckland (which is mostly at clubs), i have found that it actually does me no harm and i have a much better night if i do have a drink to calm me down a bit before i start dancing (tend to get a little excited ha ha) ..

A good idea of how much is too much is - if you've had too much alcohol to drive, you have DEFINITELY had too much to dance.

(and please excuse my age, NZ is an immoral country and i look a lot older than i am :whistle: )

SilverFox
3rd-August-2005, 09:22 AM
This subject has recently been covered.

See here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5354).

MartinHarper
3rd-August-2005, 10:04 AM
If you've had too much alcohol to drive, you have DEFINITELY had too much to dance.

I'd put it the other way round. If I crash on the dancefloor, I'm unlikely to kill anyone.

LMC
3rd-August-2005, 10:20 AM
I only drink very very occasionally - and never when dancing.

This is most unreasonable of me (and dead hypocritical considering I was still a smoker when I first started dancing). But unfortunately, dancing with someone who smells of alcohol is really offputting to me - particularly beer. And mints/breath freshener don't always fix it.

Rachel
3rd-August-2005, 10:27 AM
... A good idea of how much is too much is - if you've had too much alcohol to drive, you have DEFINITELY had too much to dance. ...

Um ... why? Sorry if that sounds provocative but, seriously, why?

I always drink at a dance night and would never drive home afterwards (that's what a boyfriend's for, no?). But surely, as long as I can keep my own balance (mostly!) and not be in danger of injuring someone, does it really make a difference if I drink or not?

I don't blame anyone who dislikes dancing with a partner who's had a drink - that's fine, it's all personal choice - but they're all at liberty not to ask me to dance.

Rachel

Rachel
3rd-August-2005, 10:31 AM
... dancing with someone who smells of alcohol is really offputting to me - particularly beer. And mints/breath freshener don't always fix it.
Ah yes, that's a good point, I suppose. I do always have mints after drinking wine, but am probably unaware how effective they are. Though I still say that no-one has to ask me to dance...
R.

Cruella
3rd-August-2005, 10:34 AM
step in Cruella........
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Boy, you do hold a grudge, don't you? It was only the once :whistle: and i was forced to drink it.

Simon r
3rd-August-2005, 10:37 AM
Boy, you do hold a grudge, don't you? It was only the once :whistle: and i was forced to drink it.

ohhhh i saw you holding back the bottle shouting NO NO....
Then Paul grabbed you and forced you to drink that entire bottle of Jack D....
it's not a grudge just makes me smile every time i see you

love you baby :hug: :kiss: :hug:

Cruella
3rd-August-2005, 10:50 AM

You need to get your facts right!!
Paul was drinking the Jack D!

I was on Southern Comfort.

Simon r
3rd-August-2005, 10:53 AM
You need to get your facts right!!
Paul was drinking the Jack D!

I was on Southern Comfort.

sorry of course southern comfort is non alcoholic my mistake :rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
3rd-August-2005, 01:58 PM

Simon has a memory like an Elephant but tons of musicality :grin:

Stuart
3rd-August-2005, 07:31 PM
What are people's views on drinking (alcohol, that is) during a class or freestyle night? Personally, although I like a drink now and then, I never touch anything alcoholic on a dance night because my dancing suffers. What do others think?
:yeah:

Me too

TiggsTours
4th-August-2005, 04:52 PM
Well, I never drink on a normal dance night, and completely agree about it being horrible dancing with someone who smells of beer (although cigarettes are far worse!) but, I like a drink, and seeing as dancing is the majority of my social life, I do have a drink when I'm on dance holidays / weekenders. When I go to dance, I dance, when I go on holiday, I'm on holiday!

Rhythm King
4th-August-2005, 05:08 PM
Well, I never drink on a normal dance night, and completely agree about it being horrible dancing with someone who smells of beer (although cigarettes are far worse!) but, I like a drink, and seeing as dancing is the majority of my social life, I do have a drink when I'm on dance holidays / weekenders. When I go to dance, I dance, when I go on holiday, I'm on holiday!

:yeah:

R-K :flower:

frodo
4th-August-2005, 09:56 PM
...But surely, as long as I can keep my own balance (mostly!) and not be in danger of injuring someone, does it really make a difference if I drink or not...I think its different for the leader and follower.

The leader can choose safe moves according to the way the follower dances, whether a beginner, or slightly worse for wear, whereas if the leader if worse for wear there are many more ways things can go wrong, some of them possible dangerous.

David Bailey
6th-August-2005, 10:09 PM
This subject has recently been covered.

See here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5354).
Oh, but let's revisit it, please - last time was so much fun... :tears: :holds head in hands icon: and more :tears:

Piglet
6th-August-2005, 10:50 PM
I usually start off with one alcoholic drink along with a huge glass of water and then stick with the water for the rest of the night.

Did find that my dancing was naff one night that I had 2 drinks though!