PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Party

PeterL
19th-December-2002, 02:39 PM
Hi I am coming to the Aberdeen party tommorow night.
I have not had the chance to dance at an Aberdeen Party ever and as it was my home town up until March last year I am really looking forward to it.

I am especially looking forward to dancing with some of the brilliant dancers I had the chance to dance with at the comps.

This will be the fifth city I have danced in, in 2 weeks.
since a week ago Saturday I have danced in London,Edinburgh,Glasgow and Dundee so Aberdeen will make 5.

It would be interesting to know who on the forum has danced where and what the most areas covered in the shortest time is?

Lisa
20th-December-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by PeterL

I have not had the chance to dance at an Aberdeen Party ever and as it was my home town up until March last year I am really looking forward to it.

Hello Peter! Glad you're finally going to remedy that and make your way to an Aberdeen party. Make sure you introduce yourself so we can have a dance or few.

This will be the fifth city I have danced in, in 2 weeks.
[/QUOTE]

Whirlwind tour then? Lucky thing. I've also danced in London,Edinburgh,Glasgow and Dundee but not yet in the space of two weeks! I've been studying lots since I took up ceroc so haven't had chance to visit many places ... YET! (I.O.W and Rye excepting) Hopefully I can fill you in on the yorkshire venues which I'm going to tour next year. B.T.C. Bill is the man from here who has done lots of touring. He can fill you in on lots of really good dances venues-after the Scottish ones of course!

See you tomorrow

Lisa x

TheTramp
20th-December-2002, 02:38 AM
Heh. 5 cities in 2 weeks?? Kids stuff....

This last week, I danced in:

Lewes (near Brighton) on Sunday.
Guildford on Monday
Brighton on Tuesday
Bristol on Wednesday
Fleet (in Hampshire) on Thursday
and I'll be down in Brighton again on Sunday.

I live in London btw :)

That's pretty much a normal sort of week for me.... :D

Steve

PeterL
21st-December-2002, 04:30 AM
Just got back from Party in Aberdeen. Only one thing to say. Why didn't I dance when I lived in Aberdeen. what a load of great dancers. Don't know all there names but thanks to everyone I danced with. I had a ball.

Names that do spring to mind though are Sally. Wow what a smile and eye contact dancing with you is like being the only couple in the room.

Girl I danced with at the championships, can't remember name. Amazing dancer.

Heather of course from Dundee are you everywhere. You're as bad as I am.

and last but certainly not least Lisa. Dancing with you makes a man feel he is a good dancer. Easy to lead and personal style in wads. One day I hope to be a good enough dancer to be a worthy frame to your picture.

Anyone I haven't mentioned it is 3 in the morning and I have a terrible memory for names.

I would recommend anyone to go to an Aberdeen party night, Freindly, great dancers, great venue, great music. Definitely a highlight of the last 2 weeks.

Once again thanks for making me feel so welcome.
:cheers:

Heather
21st-December-2002, 11:27 AM
:D I just wanted to echo Peter's sentiments - had a great time in Aberdeen last night!!!
Nial, what can I say? I'll bet you were in your element last night, being the demo for a Double Trouble with Lisa and Lorna (A fantasy come true) :wink:
How was your blood pressure this morning, after all those dances , especially the Double Trouble with Lisa and I ?:wink:
Gadget - Linda has asked me to thank you for helping her get her clothes back on at the end of the evening.:wink:
Franck,:sad: Missed you again, Maryhill- Monday ?
Hope the Night Nurse gets you better in time!!! LOL Will you bring the mistletoe, or will I ?

Heather,
:kiss:

TheTramp
21st-December-2002, 11:38 AM
Gadget - Linda has asked me to thank you for helping her get her clothes back on at the end of the evening.There has just GOT to be more of a story in that one than just one small quote!!

Steve

Lisa
21st-December-2002, 01:24 PM
Hi!

I wanted to jump on the bandwagon too and say what a fab party it was last night! What a fab ending to the Aberdeen party year. Thanks to the men and ladies I danced with.

Have to say what a brilliant and fantastic double trouble class Lorna taught last night. It was fun demoiing with her and Niall on stage. She inspired lots of men to give it a go and lots of them said they would definitely be trying DT out again.

Well done to Niall for managing to keep not one but two of us "MAd girls", Lorna and I under control?!! As it suggests.....DOUBLE TROUBLE!!!!! I think you enjoyed it?! Wicked! As Lorna said on stage....RESPECT!

Peter, great to see you again...and now I know the face to the name. You are a terrific dancer and I enjoyed our dances. You certainly showed me a trick or two! THAT'S DANCE TRICKS before the mucky minded people jump in. I'm learning! I hope you'll make it back up for future Aberdeen parties soon. :D

Heather, I had such great fun dancing with you firstly alone- you can tell you LOVE dancing and have fun which is why you're so cool to dance with. Secondly, what a laugh doing DT with Niall on the dancefloor.....I'm not sure what you were doing in front of Niall whilst I was behind but it certainly got some laughs! Did you see his red eyes by the end of the night....I think we were over-heating him! Hope he's recovered today!

Emm....like Steve I'm intrigued by how Gadget got to dress Linda. Do tell how this came about before it develops into a second forum story! Any guesses from anyone? :devil:

Franck...we missed you!

Hope you all have a great xmas. I'm all hyper and in the xmas spirit.

Lisa x

Sal
21st-December-2002, 02:02 PM
What a brilliant night! I would love to say thanks to everyone I danced with, I has a fantastic time.

Special mentions to:
Peter - fantastic dancer, definately not a beginner!
Lisa - I have never danced Mambo before, but loved it!
Mark - loved the DJ, and the fact your dancing changed as you sobered up. Both styles were excellent though!
Niall - fantastic, an eduction as always!

Can't wait till the next one - see you all on the 2nd.

Sal

Lorna
21st-December-2002, 06:12 PM
Hi,

just to echo what everyone has said, had a great time last night.
Brilliant end to a brilliant year in Aberdeen. We just get better and better. Had some fab dances last night, too many to mention anyone in particular and it wouldn't be fair to miss anyone out. They were all great!! :cheers: Thanks.

I really enjoyed teaching the class. It was my first DT class and I would like to thank Lisa and Niall for their input. Speaking about Niall, didn't he have a blast last night? I don't think he was allowed 1 min to himself. He was in hot demand. :nice:

I took some piccies last night, attached. Hope you can view them, if you have any problems let me know.

Have a great Christmas everyone and see you in the New Year.

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Franck
21st-December-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Sal
What a brilliant night! Well, just rub it in, why don't you :wink:

I am feeling even sicker reading all your comments and I am truely gutted I missed it... :sad:
Next year, I'll make sure I fall ill *after* all the parties...

Franck.

PeterL
22nd-December-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Heh. 5 cities in 2 weeks?? Kids stuff....

I bow down to the master. .:waycool:
You sure get around for a beginner.

I might be working in London for a couple of months in the new year, and have only danced in the Jive bar so far, it would be nice if you could show me some other places to dance if I am down there.

TheTramp
22nd-December-2002, 05:07 PM
Sure thing. Drop me a line when you're here, and I'll show you the places to dance (and tell you about the ones I can't go to :D). Look forward to it.

Steve

Gadget
23rd-December-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Lorna
I took some piccies last night, attached. Hope you can view them, if you have any problems let me know.
I caught the flashes, but thought you missed me - a nice one of Lisa in the dip.

Just to chip in, I had a great time - good music, gorgeous women and dance the night away from eight 'till one. (I don't think I could have lasted much longer anyway :wink: )

oops almost forgot - had to help with a fiddly catch on the front of Linda's apparel: You know how difficult those little hook and eye catches are. She had to get her clothes back on to venture out into the world again.
:innocent: