PDA

View Full Version : Whose line is it anyway?

LMC
30th-July-2005, 11:28 AM
We all know that there is a set script for Ceroc teachers (Appendix T in the manual? :whistle: )

And I've recently been asked "did I use that line on you, I seem to be using it more and more?"

We all have our favourites... some truly original, some (in my case most) shamelessly stolen from elsewhere.

Playing 'lead' in beginners class last night I found myself on stuck record mode "OK, I know I'm not *actually* a man, but I'm still in charge"...

What are your pet lines - and when do you use them? (dance related of course, there's already a favourite sayings on Chit Chat for others (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5459))

El Salsero Gringo
30th-July-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks to Bigdjiver for this one:

"Would you like to dance?"

"OK, but I'm not very good..."

"That's fine - I like bad girls."

Andreas
30th-July-2005, 11:42 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

"And now again to the music." - It is an old classic I learnt from my Ballroom/Latin techer, but I luckily don't use it too often.

"May I or would you like to dance first?" - Only ever used once hehe

"Well, I didn't lead that one."

--------

"There are no mistakes, only new variations."

"Only say sorry if you hit me in the face, and please don't try." - Probably my most frequent one.

"If I can't lead it I can't expect you to do the move." - Second most frequent.

Tessalicious
30th-July-2005, 12:22 PM
"OK, I know I'm not *actually* a man, but I'm still in charge"...Hope you don't mind if I nick that one, since I spend about 90% of my class time leading - usually the conversation goes:
Partner: 'Well you don't look like a man'
Me: 'I'm glad to hear it'

A couple of corkers recently include:
During a class involving a sit-twist move, from the male partner - 'I like the way you go down' :really:
And during a dance with one of our lovely forumite men the other day after an unusual move, from me: 'Ooooh I've never done it backwards before!' :innocent:

El Salsero Gringo
30th-July-2005, 12:22 PM
I know I'm repeating myself but...

(from the teacher, at the end of the class)

"And now, let's give the DJ the clap, that he so richly deserves."

ElaineB
30th-July-2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks to Bigdjiver for this one:

"Would you like to dance?"

"OK, but I'm not very good..."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Love it!

Elaine

LMC
30th-July-2005, 01:56 PM
Hope you don't mind if I nick that one, since I spend about 90% of my class time leading - usually the conversation goes:
Partner: 'Well you don't look like a man'
Me: 'I'm glad to hear it'
Feel free, but payment will be required in the form of a long and boring conversation about being a woman and leading which is almost 98.3% certain to end in you telling me I just need practice <grin>.

Re: looking like a man - last night's teacher varied the in and out move by adding that cheesy chest push \_/ and the bunny-in-headlights look of a lot of the novices when they arrived at my place in the line kept me amused - don't think I'll be using this line that often but it went "To be honest, *you* putting your hands on my chest really won't do it for me, try the shoulders instead" (cue relieved expression from partner).

A couple of corkers recently include:
During a class involving a sit-twist move, from the male partner - 'I like the way you go down' :really:
:rofl:

One I've stolen recently from here (and can't find again :mad: , so apologies for not giving credit where due) seems to work wonders for the confidence of beginner men who are concerned that ladies might be getting bored with their "I only know 7 moves" - response from follower "yeah, but you all know a different 7, so it doesn't matter" (or something like that)