PDA

View Full Version : Mini Forum Gathering

cerocmetro
29th-July-2005, 03:16 AM
A few weeks ago I heard from many of you saying the music at a certain venue on a Friday night was very poor and things were just not the same anymore. Many emailed me to say they wished they had come to Cheshunt.

So here is the thing.

I am offering ALL forumites FREE entry to Cheshunt next Friday 5th August. :flower:

To get in free you need to email me your Ceroc Membership number ,First and surname, so we can have your free entry set up when you arrive. It will also identify you as a forumite and we can direct you to the reserved forumite tables. If you do not have a Ceroc membership number, no problem, still email me and take a copy of my reply with you. You will need to register when you get to the venue though.

Please email me, not PM. ceroc@hotmail.com with "forum" in the subject line

Now the evening starts at 8pm. There is a very quick DWAS comp during the evening. You just need to get there early enough to register for it.

The night goes 8-midnight.
There are teas/coffees cakes served at 11pm

This is all included in your free entry.

The DJ's are the now infamous Tezi & Robin.

The hall is Air-conditioned

The venue has a full bar, huge car park, great sound system and now a beautiful very large sprung floor.

Where is the venue? Closer than many of you think. It is located a couple of minutes from junction 25 of the M25. That is 30 minutes from the Dartford Tunnel, 14 minutes from South Mimms, 26 minutes from the Finchley venue, 46 minutes from W1. (all travel times from the AA routefinder)

The Wolsey Hall Windmill Lane, Cheshunt Herts, EN8 9AA

I do hope you have a great night. If you have any complaints at all about the night however small, we will give you your money back :cheers:

Adam and the Metro Crew

Rebecca
29th-July-2005, 09:12 AM
This sounds like a lovely idea. I'll definately check out my availability. :flower:

drathzel
29th-July-2005, 09:41 AM
Damn Damn Damn, was supposed to be down that area that night now not able! Damn Damn Damn....

MartinHarper
29th-July-2005, 09:53 AM
Is this an example of that cross-subsidy thing we were talking about in the domination thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5890)?

Andy McGregor
29th-July-2005, 10:02 AM
Is this an example of that cross-subsidy thing we were talking about in the domination thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5890)?Knowing Adam as I do it's probably an example of him doing something on a whim :waycool:

Missy D
29th-July-2005, 10:08 AM
Oh Damn! I would love to have gone but, oh no i have already booked to fly up to Edinburgh! Oh and even better there is nothing going on up there that weekend - so more damn! :angry:

Oh and whats going on down here in London tonight? ur nothing! :angry:

Zebra Woman
29th-July-2005, 11:02 AM
A few weeks ago I heard from many of you saying the music at a certain venue on a Friday night was very poor and things were just not the same anymore. Many emailed me to say they wished they had come to Cheshunt.

So here is the thing.

I am offering ALL forumites FREE entry to Cheshunt next Friday 5th August. :flower:

To get in free you need to email me your Ceroc Membership number ,First and surname, so we can have your free entry set up when you arrive. It will also identify you as a forumite and we can direct you to the reserved forumite tables. If you do not have a Ceroc membership number, no problem, still email me and take a copy of my reply with you. You will need to register when you get to the venue though.

Please email me, not PM. ceroc@hotmail.com with "forum" in the subject line

Now the evening starts at 8pm. There is a very quick DWAS comp during the evening. You just need to get there early enough to register for it.

The venue has a full bar, huge car park, great sound system and now a beautiful very large sprung floor.

Where is the venue? Closer than many of you think. It is located a couple of minutes from junction 25 of the M25. That is 30 minutes from the Dartford Tunnel, 14 minutes from South Mimms, 26 minutes from the Finchley venue, 46 minutes from W1. (all travel times from the AA routefinder)

I do hope you have a great night. If you have any complaints at all about the night however small, we will give you your money back :cheers:

Adam and the Metro Crew

Oooooooh Adam.......very very tempting! :devil:

Free entry? And reserved tables and tea and cake ? :cheers:

The infamous DJ's Robin and Tezi are certainly a huge draw for me, they played such a fab set at Harrow last week :worthy: .

Air conditioning too? :clap: :clap: :clap: , I could really use some of that :blush: .

It is non-smoking isn't it ? :devil:

A One o'clock finish would clinch it for me, how about it? :devil:

go on, go on, go on!

please :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

ZW :hug:

Cruella
29th-July-2005, 11:07 AM

The infamous DJ's Robin and Tezi are certainly a huge draw for me, they played such a fab set at Harrow last week :worthy: .

Air conditioning too? :clap: :clap: :clap: , I could really use some of that :blush: .

go on, go on, go on!

please :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

:yeah: It's a long way for us midlanders to come, so really need that extra hours dancing to make the journey more worthwhile, we'll make the journey together if you like ZW.

cerocmetro
29th-July-2005, 11:08 AM

go on, go on, go on!

I really really wish I could but the Council will not allow it. :tears:
However quite a few forumites are already going. They have not said on here because they are all emailing me as requested. I would say who they are but that might not be right. I am sure they will say who they are on here and I am sure that should be enough to tempt you.:cheers:

Yes venue is no smoking in the dance hall. I believe there is smoking on one side of the bar area but that is a separate Hall.

Lory
29th-July-2005, 11:11 AM

go on, go on, go on!

:yeah: to EVERYTHING above!

The only thing holding me back is the lack of Freestyle time...

1am finish pleeeeeeeaaasssee! :flower: :flower: :flower:

And what a double, NAY, treble bonus, if the last hour could be a BLUES set! :drool: :waycool: :drool: :waycool: :drool:

cerocmetro
29th-July-2005, 11:18 AM
:yeah: to EVERYTHING above!

The only thing holding me back is the lack of Freestyle time...

1am finish pleeeeeeeaaasssee! :flower: :flower: :flower:

And what a double, NAY, treble bonus, if the last hour could be a BLUES set! :drool: :waycool: :drool: :waycool: :drool:

Speak to Robin and Tezi nicely and I am sure they can arrange a Bluezy slinky set this Saturday at Finchley. They may even be able to extend the time, but regretfully we really are restricted at Cheshunt. You will just have to dance twice as fast to get a lot more dances in. :rofl:

It is free though :waycool:

Cruella
29th-July-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm hoping that this is a true freestyle, as in NO LESSONS? This could make up for the earlier finish. :wink:

Lucy Locket
29th-July-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm hoping that this is a true freestyle, as in NO LESSONS? This could make up for the earlier finish. :wink:

Can i come with you?? pleeeeeease???

Cruella
29th-July-2005, 06:34 PM
Can i come with you?? pleeeeeease???
I'm sure you can squeeze in with me and ZW, i owe you, as you drove all the way to Southport!! Need to check with hubby but 90% sure i'm going. Depends where everyone else is going! Hipsters is same night.

angelique
29th-July-2005, 10:11 PM
I MAY even be tempted to go too........ :whistle:
Depends on a few things but then not much is insurmountable is it?

Just starting a new job this week , so not quite sure what shifts they want me to cover yet so keep yer fingers crossed everyone and .....WISH ME LUCK!!!

:clap: :clap:

Minnie M
30th-July-2005, 12:20 AM
.....WISH ME LUCK
good luck - hope they are paying you lots of dosh !

Lory
30th-July-2005, 08:20 AM
Just starting a new job this week , so not quite sure what shifts they want me to cover yet so keep yer fingers crossed everyone and .....WISH ME LUCK!!!

:clap: :clap:
You don't need luck! :rolleyes: :flower: :hug:

On the other hand, if your a mental health patient, living in the Luton area :really: :devil: :whistle:

jockey
1st-August-2005, 12:06 AM
I"d like to come and shake hands with El Salsero Gringo and bury the hatchet.. :cheers:

El Salsero Gringo
1st-August-2005, 10:05 AM
I didn't realise there was a hatchet... from my point of view just two friends having a discussion!

:cheers:

(Aw, now look what you made me do - use a smiley. Damn.)

stewart38
1st-August-2005, 10:10 AM

Adam and the Metro Crew

This has to be a good deal

You get in free and if you complain they will give you money back :grin:

Im tempted to go

LilyB
4th-August-2005, 07:13 PM
DavidB and myself are hoping to go tomorrow night (providing no tragedies with work & traffic :sick: ).

All Forumites who are planning on going - don't forget to e-mail Ceroc Metro in advance to reserve for your free guest pass! :clap:

LilyB

PS - Look forward to a dance with the :drool: DJ, if he can be dragged away from the controls :blush:

Clive Long
6th-August-2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks to Adam, Tezi, Robin and all the crew for a very enjoyable evening.

I had been to Cheshunt a year ago and found the atmosphere a little lacking. That's why I still from time to time endure Hammersmith - it's the buzz for me that's important at a venue.

Well there was plenty enough buzz tonight at Cheshunt. The age profile was on average my age than the young and energetic one gets closer in to the centre. But Chesunt was almost too busy tonight. Maybe Robin should learn a few "floor-clearers".

Good sized, good condition floor. Plenty of seating round the sides but accessible to the floor. Very good bar, with a quieter area to chat and chill out. Easy parking next door. Dancing to midnight which is as much as my knees can take.

Some lovely back-handed compliments, "I don't know what you were doing, but I just followed", "You dance unlike anyone else, a sort of mixture of jive and ballroom", "You have a clear lead".

But my favourite line was, " You may have the moves, but you don't have the chat" :tears: see (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?&p=129125)

Cheshunt is no poor relation to Ealing - and to be honest they are so far apart they are not really poaching each others punters. Let's be happy there are enough people dancing around here to make them both successful.

Thanks for lovely dances Icey, New Kid and Sheryl.

Clive

LMC
6th-August-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanks Robin & Tezi for great hosting (and the free bottle!), sorry we were all c**p at organising ourselves for the DWAS :rofl:

It's a lovely venue, convenient for home, etc - but it seemed that people did tend to stay in their own groups and in a new venue where I don't even recognise most people I'm shy about asking guys who are sat chatting to someone (rather than standing there or sitting on their own). So I have to confess that I found the evening quite hard work - after a while I got bored with chasing men round the floor ( :really: ) - i.e. thinking "I'll go ask them" - only to have them whipped out from under my nose by another woman before I could get there.

But I did have some great dances (thank you too Clive, amongst others :nice: ), pity my DWAS partner was nearly a foot shorter than me :rofl: - good dancer tho', shame I let him down.

Icey
8th-August-2005, 12:14 PM
I had a great time, the floor was great, the AC was greatly appreciated and the dances I got were fab. The music - well the music was rather fine too IMO, I hardly sat out a track all night.

I met some new guys that I got a number of dances with and then lo and behold one of them pops up at Woking last night too so I got some more :clap:

As always Clive, the dances with you were wonderful and apologies for the anticipation that time. My hand is well and truly slapped :blush:

DavidB and Lily - it was amazing to watch you dance. Totally inspiring :worthy: Also it was a privilege to dance with you David and your encouragement had me floating on air, thank you.

Robin, Tezi and Adam, thank you for a fabulous night. I shall try to be back for the next one.