PDA

View Full Version : Lists of Moves

Dreadful Scathe
20th-January-2002, 11:34 PM
Does anyone actually have lists of Ceroc / Jive moves - i can never remember them all :(

If not - we could make some - whos up for it ?

Franck
20th-January-2002, 11:43 PM
Hi Scathe,

Welcome to the board. Pretty scary name / avatar!

To answer your question, someone posted a web address on the previous board (available from the news page of the Ceroc Scotland website).

There is also a list of all the routines / moves taught at your regular venue. You can ask the venue manager for a look at any time (if the teacher does not have it).

Cheers,

Franck.

jiveoholic
1st-February-2002, 01:54 PM
Hi,

Just to add some detail to your other reply...

I run a site at www.jiveoholic.org.uk, where you will find lots of moves, many of the important ones with animation.

I have to say that this discussion group is technically excellent - far better than the one I have.

Franck
1st-February-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by crjohnson
I run a site at www.jiveoholic.org.uk, where you will find lots of moves, many of the important ones with animation.

I have to say that this discussion group is technically excellent - far better than the one I have.
Hi,

That was the site I meant earlier. Thank you for the kind words on the Forum, it is only just starting, but seems to work quite well. :o

By the way your website is fantastic, I can only guess at the amount of work you must have put in to create all these animations and descriptions. :cool:

Well done man,

Franck.

Wylke3
6th-February-2002, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by crjohnson
[B]Hi,

Can I just add that your site is brill. As a new cerocer I find it difficult to remeber all the moves and signals - I log onto your site and practice with my 13 year old son.

keep up the good work.

happy cerocing

Linda

Franck
12th-February-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Wylke3
I log onto your site and practice with my 13 year old son.Excellent, :wink: I see that the future of Ceroc / dancing is in good hands... I bet in a few years time your son will be an excellent leader !
Is he quite happy to help, or does he think it's uncool to dance with mum?

Franck.

Phill
30th-March-2002, 05:32 PM
Must agree with Franck the Jiveoholic is a superb site and well worth visiting . Like most people I have trouble remembering which move is which but the animation is so good it jogs your memory and is so easy to follow. Always thought that there should be a book/video for beginners/intermediate - no need its all on this site!
Visit the site and support the creator for all his hard work !!!
Phill

xSalsa_Angelx
20th-June-2003, 10:58 AM
Hi All,
I have just started Ceroc about 8 weeks ago, and loving every minute of it .... looking forward to the Beach Ballroom Ceroc Party.

Just to let you know that for any one that wants to get a hold of some moves for ceroc i have came across a useful website that you can access and dont have to pay for. very good site.

http://cgi.dancecrave.plus.com/welcome.php

Hope this works..!!

:rofl: :yum: :cheers::

Dreadful Scathe
20th-June-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx

:rofl: :yum: :cheers::

hope you have a valid excuse for such abuse of emoticons ? or where you really rolling on the floor panting drunk ? :)

xSalsa_Angelx
20th-June-2003, 11:58 AM
haha..!!

yeah that's me rolling on the floor laughing, but not through too much drink, its after my boyfriend has had to do a push spin and punched me in the face (By accident of course, The boy aint got ryhthm) that's how I managed to come across the website with the moves, so that he can practice safely. ;)

jiveoholic
20th-June-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
Hi All,
Just to let you know that for any one that wants to get a hold of some moves for ceroc i have came across a useful website that you can access and dont have to pay for. very good site.

Only discovered this rather hidden gem of a site myself a few days ago. It is excellent with quite a number of moves and a nice feel to it. I think it is excellent if moves are available from lots of sources - lots of variety.

However - just to save any confusion, www.jiveoholic.org.uk only charges (£10 per year to charity) for the illustrations and advanced search engine. Anyone can access 600 moves, described textually, without paying a penny and that is the way it will stay.

MartinHarper
10th-August-2004, 02:04 PM

This is a great site - well worth it for the sarcy comments next to moves the author isn't so keen on. :)

Long slow halleluja: As Halleluja but instead of a simple arc, take up copious quantities of time doing 3 pointless things. [...]One way to spend your evening I guess.

Emma
10th-August-2004, 03:49 PM
There are THREE things in a halleluja?

I have to admit to haveing a strange affection for the much-maligned halleluja. If nothing else it's so cheesy that it usually raises a giggle

Am thinking of starting a society for the protection of the halleluja...

(good grief, must StepAwayFromComputer....)

Lory
10th-August-2004, 03:57 PM
There are THREE things in a halleluja?

I have to admit to haveing a strange affection for the much-maligned halleluja. If nothing else it's so cheesy that it usually raises a giggle

Am thinking of starting a society for the protection of the halleluja...

:yeah: Leave the cheese alone! :mad: :D :flower:

Gordon J Pownall
10th-August-2004, 04:29 PM
:yeah: Leave the cheese alone! :mad: :D :flower:

Well Lory, you have all the moves I need anyway.....a slo hallelujah, hands behind the head followed by a cuddle shimmy ........... :yum: :yum: :yum:

In the immortal words of some bloke who sang a song...

How Lucky can one guy be.....? :flower:

Andreas
3rd-September-2004, 05:58 PM
My old database comprises about 260 moves I think. But they will be no good for you as the names in NZ are sometimes err very different :D

MartinHarper
3rd-September-2004, 08:28 PM
That'll just help lend our dancing an exotic air... :)

"What move was that?"
"Oh, just a teapot dragon... say, do you know the wasp?"

Andreas
3rd-September-2004, 08:39 PM
That'll just help lend our dancing an exotic air... :)

"What move was that?"
"Oh, just a teapot dragon... say, do you know the wasp?"

:rofl: :rofl:

dancecrave
3rd-January-2006, 03:27 PM
If anyone wondered where the site has gone, it has been moved due to ISP issues and is located at:

http://www.dancecrave.com/jivemoves

Just as sarcy as ever :)

P.S The idea is for readers to add any moves they know not already in the database, so go on, have a go.. :clap: :grin:

Al

This is a great site - well worth it for the sarcy comments next to moves the author isn't so keen on. :)

dancefiend
4th-January-2006, 01:45 AM
Only discovered this rather hidden gem of a site myself a few days ago. It is excellent with quite a number of moves and a nice feel to it. I think it is excellent if moves are available from lots of sources - lots of variety.

However - just to save any confusion, www.jiveoholic.org.uk only charges (£10 per year to charity) for the illustrations and advanced search engine. Anyone can access 600 moves, described textually, without paying a penny and that is the way it will stay.

That's a lot of moves. I did a random search and I got lucky!

Move No 317 - how to impersonate a chicken! :D :D

jiveoholic
4th-January-2006, 11:37 AM

Move No 317 - how to impersonate a chicken! :D :D

The move can be found more easily by using its ID, 476, rather than 317 "next record" button clicks!

Needless to say this move was based on Lindy-hop!

[Lindy hoppers look down on jivers but up to no one. Jivers look up to Lindy hoppers but down on line dancers. Line dancers know their place!.....now....now....settle down....don't fight]

bigdjiver
4th-January-2006, 12:02 PM

Move No 317 - how to impersonate a chicken! :D :DI used to do the "flap arms and go cluck-cluck to "Ain't nobody here but us chickens.". It usually got a titter.
Next chorus I huddled down with some more chicken noises - then rose and explained "that time I was a battery hen." - Never got a reaction.
then a pause - "I was thinking of getting one of them to keep my walkman going." That was a complete failure 2/3 attempts, but the third one my partner cracked up to the extent that we had to lead the floor.
End of that experiment.

Will
27th-June-2006, 02:24 PM
[B]Hi,

Can I just add that your site is brill. As a new cerocer I find it difficult to remeber all the moves and signals - I log onto your site and practice with my 13 year old son.

keep up the good work.

happy cerocing

Linda

Wylke3,

How come you haven't posted for so long?