PDA

View Full Version : hotels in Edinburgh

Missy D
28th-July-2005, 01:58 PM
I am flying up to Edinburgh friday 5th August for the weekend! Can anyone recommend any nice hotels? Also would love to get some freestyle in too! Where can i go? :flower:

Dan Hudson
28th-July-2005, 07:21 PM
when i went to Edinburgh the last time I stayed in the fountain court apartments. Self catering place, fantastic, and staggering distance from Marcos. :waycool: :clap:

Also have stayed at the sheraton grand and the radisson, both fab :drool: but very expensive..... :tears:

would give you the link for the website of apartments, but the wife has stole my walletwit the business card in it.. :eek:

hope youhave fun, its a great city with fab people

Dan

Missy D
29th-July-2005, 10:12 AM
when i went to Edinburgh the last time I stayed in the fountain court apartments. Self catering place, fantastic, and staggering distance from Marcos. :waycool: :clap:

Also have stayed at the sheraton grand and the radisson, both fab :drool: but very expensive..... :tears:

would give you the link for the website of apartments, but the wife has stole my walletwit the business card in it.. :eek:

hope youhave fun, its a great city with fab people

Dan

Thank you for the reply! :flower: Funny how when you ask about Scotland you only get replies from Londerers! Beginning to think there are no dancers that live in Edinburgh..

killingtime
29th-July-2005, 10:27 AM
Beginning to think there are no dancers that live in Edinburgh..

Well I haven't really stayed in any hotels in Edinburgh on account of the fact that I live here :D. We have a bunch of hotels and bed and breakfasts up here but with the festival starting and such you might have difficulty getting accommodation.

I've only stayed in the Travel Inn here and that wasn't great.

Clive Long
29th-July-2005, 10:28 AM
I am flying up to Edinburgh friday 5th August for the weekend! Can anyone recommend any nice hotels? Also would love to get some freestyle in too! Where can i go? :flower:
I have stayed here (http://www.aboutscotland.com/edin/lynedoch/place.html).

Looks a bit twee and cloying in the pictures but it is more elegant than that, clean and well situated for Princes Street, the Castle. Festival Fringe starts on 7th Auust so good luck getting accomodation!

Clive

Tiggerbabe
29th-July-2005, 10:34 AM
Festival Fringe starts on 7th Auust so good luck getting accomodation!

Yeah :eek: Hope you're lucky. Other reason, possibly, for few replies is that there are no Ceroc freestyle events that weekend. You're just one weekend too late :blush:

Dance Demon
29th-July-2005, 11:26 AM
Yeah :eek: Hope you're lucky. Other reason, possibly, for few replies is that there are no Ceroc freestyle events that weekend. You're just one weekend too late :blush:

:yeah: :yeah: .............you picked the wrong weekend to come up if you want to dance. First weekend of the month is always an empty space for dancing :sad: .......loads of hotels & B&Bs in Edinburgh, but as Sheena has said, they are all very busy this time of year. Jazz & Blues festival is starting this weekend for a fortnight, then the Main festival starts for almost the whole of August. Try a Google search.....and good luck

John S
29th-July-2005, 11:35 AM
You could also try the VisitScotland site for Edinburgh at http://www.visitscotland.com/sitewide/bookedinburgh

It has real-time availability and booking for a wide range of accommodation.