PDA

View Full Version : Friday 29 July - what's on?

Northants Girly
26th-July-2005, 03:45 PM
What's everyone up to dancewise this Friday? :grin:

Simon r
26th-July-2005, 04:04 PM
hmmm Twyford of course..... :cheers:

JonD
26th-July-2005, 06:05 PM
Westlands in Yeovil - always a good night!

Cruella
26th-July-2005, 06:51 PM
I believe there's a freestyle in Gloucester. Usually get some good men such as H, Niko, JonBaker and son Tom to name a few :drool: Unfortunately i can't come with you linda as am staying in London for the weekend.

Gill (Norwich)
26th-July-2005, 07:00 PM
The Jive Aces playing here in Norwich, and the best news is reduced price tickets for Cerocers :nice: :clap: :clap: :clap:

spindr
26th-July-2005, 11:38 PM
Salsa Caliente (http://www.tracieslatinclub.co.uk) in Southampton.
SpinDr.

Lou
26th-July-2005, 11:54 PM
I believe there's a freestyle in Gloucester.Yup. I'll probably go, if I'm not too knackered, as there's a few folks from Bristol venturing North. :)

Cruella
27th-July-2005, 07:39 PM
Here's one nearer home for you Linda. Blitz in Coventry have a freestyle at the Jaguar social club.

philsmove
27th-July-2005, 07:55 PM
Yup. I'll probably go, if I'm not too knackered, as there's a few folks from Bristol venturing North. :)

CU there :hug:

Missy D
28th-July-2005, 09:28 AM
Think Cheshunt might be on - if so i will go there!

Andy McGregor
28th-July-2005, 12:54 PM
Friday Confusion at the Seaside

Down here on the Sussex Coast we've had a bit of change on Fridays. And some (quite a lot, actually) dancers have been confused by the change. So I'm putting details here.

For over a year Phil Duckett has been running the popular "Stompin' Fridays" on Fridays (obviously!) in Brighton/Hove at the King Alfred Ballroom with John Miller from Jag Jive as DJ and Viktor teaching - the proceeds from these nights is donated to MENCAP. A few weeks ago he announced that he was taking a break for the Summer and wouldn't be back until Friday 23rd September. His rationale for this is that the venue is very expensive and he needs 86 dancers through the door before he starts making money for the charity - any less and the pot of money for MENCAP actually gets smaller :tears: As we all know, numbers go down by 25% - 50% during July and August so Phil has (wisely IMHO) protected the money going to charity by closing for the summer.

But, of course, some of us are addicted and really, REALLY, NEED somewhere to go on a Friday (I could quit any time, but not just now :whistle: ). As a local organiser I've had many dancers ask me to put something on to fill the void. And John Miller has been asked the same (probably Viktor too, but I've not bumped into him since Phil's last Friday in Hove).

So, John Miller and I have combined forces to put on Friday dancing through the summer - but in less expensive venues (the room and door staff alone for the King Alfred cost £446!). The first one we did was last Friday in Shoreham just about everyone who normally goes to Hove and wasn't on holiday was there, there were 70 dancers, a nice number of dancers for a great night out - but if it had been in Hove MENCAP would have been £128 worse off :tears:

The next Friday night with me teaching and John Miller as DJ is Friday 29th July at the City Gate Centre, 84-86 London Road, Brighton, BN1 4JF. The night is non-smoking, BYO drinks (water, ice, tea and coffee privided - lollies and choc-ices too!), goes from 8pm until 11.30pm, £6 on the door. Clevedonboy and Mrs Clevedonboy are coming - and he had to email me questions as the confusion has already reached the South-west!

As we have had to use the Shoreham Centre and The City Gate Centre to cover every Friday 'til Stompin' re-opens in September please check here (http://www.rocsters.com/events.htm) to see where we are each week*.

*but not until next week as our webmaster is currently at Beach Boogie and can't update us from his luxury tent.

p.s. This is a long post - am I turning into Gadget? :blush:

Missy D
28th-July-2005, 01:49 PM
Think Cheshunt might be on - if so i will go there!

Ok so its not on! Maybe a trip to ikea instead!