PDA

View Full Version : Please dont send me back...

KatieR
26th-July-2005, 12:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone might have some information on how to get sponsored in the UK, eg contacts of employers willing to do this or just general information on if they have done it themselves.

My work holiday visa ends in january and really dont want to go home. I mean REALLY dont want to go home. My life is here now, my friends are here now and I want to stay.

I have about 10 years experience in office administration and management but no degree. Unfortunately im not a doctor or lawyer or have some kind of Highly Skilled qualification so am looking to hear from anyone that may have had a similar experience that might be able to offer some insight.

stewart38
27th-July-2005, 12:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone might have some information on how to get sponsored in the UK, eg contacts of employers willing to do this or just general information on if they have done it themselves.

My work holiday visa ends in january and really dont want to go home. I mean REALLY dont want to go home. My life is here now, my friends are here now and I want to stay.

I have about 10 years experience in office administration and management but no degree. Unfortunately im not a doctor or lawyer or have some kind of Highly Skilled qualification so am looking to hear from anyone that may have had a similar experience that might be able to offer some insight.

Ok where you from ?

If your russian get married but its not so easy now.How good looking are you ?

Have you applied for NI do you have one yet ?

You will get a interview and thats the first thing you need to do (I assume you know this)

Its all points scoring

you could join the 500,000 of people here who are here illegally of course but you will end up working for wimpy for £200 cash in hand as my 'friend' has who is in very similar situation to you her visa ends in december

dont pay re internet there are a lot of scames

KatieR
27th-July-2005, 08:28 PM
Ok where you from ?

If your russian get married but its not so easy now.How good looking are you ?

Have you applied for NI do you have one yet ?

You will get a interview and thats the first thing you need to do (I assume you know this)

Its all points scoring

you could join the 500,000 of people here who are here illegally of course but you will end up working for wimpy for £200 cash in hand as my 'friend' has who is in very similar situation to you her visa ends in december

dont pay re internet there are a lot of scames

i am australian and have been in the UK for a year and a half. I have an NI and am here and working quite legally. Unfortunately to get a work permit you have to be sponsored by a company. its just finding the job that are willing to do this.

I'd say Im pretty darn hot :whistle: but i dont think marrying for a visa is the right way to go about it. Guess I have quite strong beliefs in that area.

I dont want to work here illegally because it makes it hard to travel around and do things. Guess I like to do things by the book.

KatieR
25th-August-2005, 02:29 PM
It looks like I have found a way..... looks like you guys are stuck with me! :D

TiggsTours
25th-August-2005, 02:33 PM
i am australian and have been in the UK for a year and a half. I have an NI and am here and working quite legally. Unfortunately to get a work permit you have to be sponsored by a company. its just finding the job that are willing to do this.

I'd say Im pretty darn hot :whistle: but i dont think marrying for a visa is the right way to go about it. Guess I have quite strong beliefs in that area.

I dont want to work here illegally because it makes it hard to travel around and do things. Guess I like to do things by the book.
No sympathy whatsoever! After being told that being over the grand old age of 30 I had next to no chance of getting a Visa to work in Aus, unless I was a brain surgeon, I don't see why we should make things any easier. :flower:

KatieR
25th-August-2005, 02:39 PM
No sympathy whatsoever! After being told that being over the grand old age of 30 I had next to no chance of getting a Visa to work in Aus, unless I was a brain surgeon, I don't see why we should make things any easier. :flower:

Don't blame me!!

I dont know what your profession is but they are screaming out for nurses, teachers etc...

TiggsTours
25th-August-2005, 02:41 PM
Don't blame me!!

I dont know what your profession is but they are screaming out for nurses, teachers etc...
Project Manager, which they are also screaming out for, but not if you're over 30, if you're over 30 you're officially past it, according to the system over there.

KatieR
25th-August-2005, 02:43 PM
Project Manager, which they are also screaming out for, but not if you're over 30, if you're over 30 you're officially past it, according to the system over there.

You could try going the sponsored route, like Im going to do here. I have the same problem, being over 30 they think you are past it for some reason. I'll have a chat to a friend of mine who is in immigration and see what she says on it and what your options are...

TiggsTours
25th-August-2005, 03:02 PM
You could try going the sponsored route, like Im going to do here. I have the same problem, being over 30 they think you are past it for some reason. I'll have a chat to a friend of mine who is in immigration and see what she says on it and what your options are...
Don't worry, having spent 3 months in Aus last year, after being told flat there was no point in trying to get a visa to work there, I'm not actually in any rush to go back. Sorry, I know its your home, and I'm sure there are some really beautiful parts, but I wasn't that impressed. Nice for a holiday, but not in any rush to return.

KatieR
22nd-November-2005, 01:05 PM
Well kids, I've tried everything short of handcuffing myself to Australia House with a sign 'We Shall Not Be Moved'.. but it would appear that the United Kingdom does not feel that I am worthy to remain in your country.

So unless I get a last minute reprieve or God grants me my miracle, as of the 30th of January, I will be leaving your shores, to return to sunny Australia where the grass is green and the beer is cold.

I will miss everyone incredibly especially all those wonderful wonderful people who have become my friends (you all know who you are :wink: )

I hope to be back for holidays and will be always working towards coming back in the future.

The last 2 years have opened my eyes in many ways, I have realised that it is possible to accomplish your dreams, and no dream is too small. If you want something bad enough, dont feel it is too hard to try, you will be amazed at what you can achieve. Just have faith in yourself.

Mary
22nd-November-2005, 02:17 PM
Humph! Don't want you to go back :sad: .

We like you.

You're fun.

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

M

Had to do an edit. Just noticed this is my 1000 post. Good excuse for a glass of wine with lunch I would say. Baked beans on toast today - I'm skint.

LMC
22nd-November-2005, 02:26 PM
Sorry to hear your efforts haven't paid off Katie :(

We'll miss you :hug:

CJ
22nd-November-2005, 02:51 PM
So, when the Celebr... erm, farewell party?!?

:flower:

Little Monkey
22nd-November-2005, 03:00 PM
{snip} Sad stuff {/snip}

Oh Katie, that's so sad! :( I've got an American friend in a similar situation; she's got to leave in a couple of weeks, as her grants etc didn't come through in time, and she's not sure if she will be able to come back to Scotland to work, or will have to find a job in the US instead...... She's been very stressed out and upset for the last couple of months, trying to sort her life out...... :(

Lots of sympathy and hugs coming your way!!!! And if you're at the BFF next week, I'll make sure to give you lots of real hugs, too! :hug: :hug: :hug:

KatieR
22nd-November-2005, 03:03 PM
Humph! Don't want you to go back :sad: .

We like you.

You're fun.

If they had a 'fun' visa Im sure I would be eligible! :)

So, when the Celebr... erm, farewell party?!?

At this stage, Im really not doing anything. Not sure I want to. If anything I will probably use toby's freestyle on the 8th January to say goodbye to people. Why? You gonna make the trip?? :whistle:

KatieR
22nd-November-2005, 03:07 PM
She's been very stressed out and upset for the last couple of months, trying to sort her life out...... :(

Sounds extremely familiar... I really feel for her. I know what its like. Especially when you really want to work and make a living here and because of stupid visa laws you cant. Ive not been the happiest bunny on the planet of late either.

Lots of sympathy and hugs coming your way!!!! And if you're at the BFF next week, I'll make sure to give you lots of real hugs, too! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks, Im certainly going to try and fit in as much as I can between now and then. Im really sorry I didn't get to any weekenders, unfortunately the financial situation didn't allow for it and now Im really disappointed I missed out on the experience. I want to get to the BFF, might talk to Sparkles and see if she wants to come.

CJ
22nd-November-2005, 03:09 PM
At this stage, Im really not doing anything. Not sure I want to. If anything I will probably use toby's freestyle on the 8th January to say goodbye to people. Why? You gonna make the trip?? :whistle:

Would be rude not to!!:wink:

Minibus, anyone?!?!!?

Sparkles
22nd-November-2005, 03:29 PM
Would be rude not to!!:wink:

Minibus, anyone?!?!!?
:yeah: :yeah:
Bring as many people as you can ... it's also my Birthday that weekend so make sure you all take the Monday off work :wink:

S. xx

KatieR
22nd-November-2005, 03:35 PM
:yeah: :yeah:
Bring as many people as you can ... it's also my Birthday that weekend so make sure you all take the Monday off work :wink:

S. xx

Most definately! Im sure there will be lots of cake too!!:clap:

Perhaps we could roll out the Chocolate fountain?

KatieR
22nd-November-2005, 03:48 PM
:yeah:

Sorry I didn't get to meet you Katie. Maybe I'll see you at some point over in Australia :hug:

Save me a dance :D

Most certainly! Let me know when you are in town and I will definately try and get there!

TheTramp
22nd-November-2005, 04:54 PM
Most certainly! Let me know when you are in town and I will definately try and get there!

Ummm.... Which town? At the moment, I think I'll be teaching in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne, Adelaide and Hobart. Must be able to co-incide with you somewhere.... :cheers:

KatieR
22nd-November-2005, 04:57 PM
Ummm.... Which town? At the moment, I think I'll be teaching in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne, Adelaide and Hobart. Must be able to co-incide with you somewhere.... :cheers:

Ill be in residing in Adelaide, but will go to Sydney a fair bit as well. Yay! That would be awesome if you came all the way to Adelaide. We dont get many international names down that way. :clap:

TheTramp
22nd-November-2005, 05:00 PM
Ill be in residing in Adelaide, but will go to Sydney a fair bit as well. Yay! That would be awesome if you came all the way to Adelaide. We dont get many international names down that way. :clap:

Ah. Yes. I've already spoken, and agreed in general with Adrian that I'll be in Adelaide. Just gotta work out the specifics now....

Know any good demos?? :whistle:

KatieR
22nd-November-2005, 05:02 PM
Ah. Yes. I've already spoken, and agreed in general with Adrian that I'll be in Adelaide. Just gotta work out the specifics now....

Know any good demos?? :whistle:

ME?? :whistle:

I will be probably doing a lot of demoing when I get back, Aisha is also excellent, oh and Sam! Sam is awesome... they are my top 2!