PDA

View Full Version : Facial hair - Yes or No?

John S
18th-December-2002, 11:24 AM
The one aspect of a guy's appearance that he is able to change most easily is whether or not to sport a beard.

In times past beardies were all over the place, but nowadays they're in a minority - for example, no modern politician seriously running for office would wear a beard.

But is that really what women want in their men? Is the preference for smooth face or hairy, or does it not really matter?

And if you like beards, should they be neat little trimmed affairs, full and bushy, or just a bit of stubble?

Answers on the poll, please.

(And remember, ladies, it will soon be Christmas, when you will be looking for a fat, bearded old man to bring you a present - but maybe that's just your hubbie!)

PS Multiple answers are allowed

PPS Next week - the armpit poll:sick:

PeterL
18th-December-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by John S
The one aspect of a guy's appearance that he is able to change most easily is whether or not to sport a beard.

Not all men can choose to have a beard. some of us could not shave for weeks and still not get a beard.

John S
18th-December-2002, 12:37 PM
OK, obviously needs a new option in the poll, but I can't do it without Franck's help:

"I'm a guy who can't grow a beard."

:sad:

Gadget
18th-December-2002, 02:38 PM
...How abour somewhere inbetween? If I go a couple of days without a razor I get accused of sporting 'Shaggy' style stubble (scooby-doobie-dooooo)

TheTramp
19th-December-2002, 04:05 AM
Of course, I had to vote for beards. Even though when I was growing up, I swore I'd never have one...

But then, I also swore that I'd never be called 'Steve', and would always be 'Stephen'.

Though, I have been called worse :D

Steve

CJ
19th-December-2002, 01:27 PM
Face: should be clean shaven at all times...

to match short crisp haircut which should be no longer then collar length.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tiggerbabe
19th-December-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Face: should be clean shaven at all times...

to match short crisp haircut which should be no longer then collar length.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Collar length? :confused: Yer a*** :wink:

John S
19th-December-2002, 10:12 PM
Slightly worrying that of the poll respondents, as many women as men claim to have beards.:sick:

Perhaps we need to adjust the lighting in future at Ceroc evenings?????

Graham
20th-December-2002, 02:03 PM
So of the 22 responses so far, nobody, male or female, professes to fancying men with beards. So I think we can safely say John's question has been answered!

Jayne
20th-December-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Graham
So of the 22 responses so far, nobody, male or female, professes to fancying men with beards. So I think we can safely say John's question has been answered!

So does that mean that the bearded men will make it a new year's resolution to shave off their beards???

Who's going to be the first.....

Jayne
:nice:

Franck
20th-December-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
So does that mean that the bearded men will make it a new year's resolution to shave off their beards???

Who's going to be the first.....hehe, good try Jayne, but I am not shaving mine... It is not that I like it particularly, and I certainly don't have a beard to be 'more fancy-able' :wink:
I am just plain lazy, and would hate the thought of having to shave every day! What a pain that must be :nice:

Anyway, John S, why were you asking in the first place? Are you planning on growing a beard yourself???

Franck.

TheTramp
20th-December-2002, 04:38 PM
I'm with Franck. Mine stays too. And if that means that no-one fancies me, so be it.

Steve

John S
20th-December-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Franck

Anyway, John S, why were you asking in the first place? Are you planning on growing a beard yourself???

Franck.

After all those decades of wondering what I would look like if I didn't shave, I suspect I now know the answer - move over, Santa!!!!:sad:

horsey_dude
26th-April-2003, 11:14 AM
As I am travellnig and always looking for ways to make life easier I was going to grow a goatee to cut down on shavnig time (yes it does make a difference). I have been told that having a goatee here is associated with a bad/arrogant personality (like the guy on the tv show "the office"). Is this the case? If I grow one will I become a social leper?

TheTramp
26th-April-2003, 11:41 AM
Okie. You people had really better be careful how you answer this one!!! :reallymad :na:

Steve

PS. If I remember rightly, didn't we have one of these posted before. By John S I believe. Who was then seen sporting a beard at the next dance venue too!!

Graham
26th-April-2003, 11:50 AM
I think goatee beards are popular only with those sporting them. Yes, you would look like David Brent - you never know, you might start dancing like him!! :really:

But what's even worse than a "proper" goatee is one of these little tufts of hair under the lip or on the chin, as if the wearer just has a blob on his shaving mirror and has missed a bit. :sick: Of course, even worse than that is just a few stray hairs that make you look as if you're a teenager trying to prove you can grow facial hair. Not that I have anyone in particular in mind :devil: .

Graham
26th-April-2003, 12:15 PM
Yes, you would look like David Brent - you never know, you might start dancing like him!! :really:
For anyone who hasn't seen this, there's a clip here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/renaissance/dancer.html) which you'll need RealPlayer to view.

Dance Demon
26th-April-2003, 12:17 PM
I have always had some form of facial hair, mostly a moustache, but have experimented with beards over the years. Usually find if you get by the "itchy" stage after about a week, it feels ok. I have grown a goatee a few times over the last couple of years, the latest being a couple of weeks ago, but shaved it off coz there were too many white bits in it:tears: I also noticed that my 'tache had a fair bit of white in it too, so I've shaved that off too.....
Going by comments from the ladies, they prefer the clean shaven look in general, but I am still coming to terms with not having my 'tache
:cheers:

John S
26th-April-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

PS. If I remember rightly, didn't we have one of these posted before. By John S I believe. Who was then seen sporting a beard at the next dance venue too!!

Absolutely right, Tramp. See the results of the previous poll on http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=598

Nobody (not even a guy) admitted to be turned on by a bearded man - despite pictures of a bearded George Clooney in the papers around that time, so at least I am now able to concentrate on my dancing without fear of being mobbed by lustful crazed women (yeah, right, like that was ever going to happen!)

Alarmingly though, 2 "ladies" disclosed that shaving their own beards was a bit of a nuisance, but they didn't elaborate, perhaps wisely.

Heather
27th-April-2003, 06:04 PM
Of course, even worse than that is just a few stray hairs that make you look as if you're a teenager trying to prove you can grow facial hair. Not that I have anyone in particular in mind :devil: .

I should hope not too, Graham!!!!:wink: :wink:

Facial hair of any kind -- YUK, YUK, YUK!!!!!! Not very conducive for kissing!!! (And you KNOW how us Dundee girls just LOVE our kisses!!!!)
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Heather,
XXXXX (If you are clean shaven only!!!!)

Graham
27th-April-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Heather
Facial hair of any kind -- YUK, YUK, YUK!!!!!! Not very conducive for kissing!!! (And you KNOW how us Dundee girls just LOVE our kisses!!!!)
Luckily for you certain people seem to have seen the light recently! :wink:

Heather
28th-April-2003, 12:01 AM
:D Glad to hear you've all seen the light!!!!!:wink:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

A kiss for each of you !!!
Heather,
XXXXXXX( including the one with the facial hair!!)

Divissima
28th-April-2003, 01:16 AM
Horsey Dude - I love goatees, although I realise I'm in the minority here. :sorry
You've met the sparkling and hirsute-of-lip-and-chin TwK - I think goatees are really quite sexy, provided they are properly tended.

what's even worse than a "proper" goatee is one of these little tufts of hair under the lip or on the chin And I really quite like this effect too - again, if properly done. I think a neat and precise goatee/tuft shows that a man takes great care in his personal grooming. And I disagree about goateed men not being kissable ;)
On the other hand, I am not a fan of a full neckbeard - don't know that there is any logic to it...

Wendy
28th-April-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Divissima
don't know that there is any logic to it... Yep... it's like glasses... some people suit certain shaped frames and other people don't.... models suit everything cos they are gorgeous... perfectly proportioned faces etc.... but most of us mere mortals sadly can't look good in everything and need to find stuff that suits us... you just have to watch "What not to wear" to get the idea.

HD Have a go !!! Take a chance and see .... (tra la la Dr Pepper, What's the worst that can happen...)

Wxxx

Brady
28th-April-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
What's the worst that can happen...)

Not speaking from experience or anything :really: , but you could have everybody complaining about it to the point where you decide it isn't worth it anymore!

TheTramp
28th-April-2003, 12:59 PM
But then Brady. I guess they all think that a beard doesn't suit you, and you look much more gorgeous without one.

Most people seem to think that I'd look better with a very full beard. Like Cousin It from the Addams family!!

Steve

CJ
28th-April-2003, 01:01 PM
It's facial hair: you no like? you choppita off.:rolleyes:

In saying that, I am in the position that I very rarely HAVE to shave. And so, do so rarely!!:D :D :D

But because I have the whole range from clean shaven, through stubble to the just past the itchy stage, there are people who know me as bearded and people that don't. I genuinely, unless I've just shaven, have no idea as to what state I'm in, and people notice the change(s). Not sure I'm getting to a point here, other than to say do what you feel, and then see how you feel doing it.

(haven't voted, cos I don't feel I'm in the position to do so.)

CJ
28th-April-2003, 01:02 PM
Steve,

If you MUST post my pic on the site, at least check with me first!!

B.

TheTramp
28th-April-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Steve,

If you MUST post my pic on the site, at least check with me first!!

B. Sorry Mr. It Sir.

Won't happen again! :na:

Steve

Aleks
28th-April-2003, 01:27 PM
Horsey Dude - I love goatees, although I realise I'm in the minority here. :sorry
You've met the sparkling and hirsute-of-lip-and-chin TwK - I think goatees are really quite sexy, provided they are properly tended.
And I really quite like this effect too - again, if properly done. I think a neat and precise goatee/tuft shows that a man takes great care in his personal grooming. And I disagree about goateed men not being kissable ;)
On the other hand, I am not a fan of a full neckbeard - don't know that there is any logic to it...

I'm with Divissima - I LOVE hair (and not just on the face:wink: )

Dreadful Scathe
28th-April-2003, 01:51 PM
I'm a lady - my beard is a nuisance as I have to shave it regularlyDon't all women do that? Its called waxing the bikini line or something :confused:

Chicklet
29th-April-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Brady
Not speaking from experience or anything :really: , but you could have everybody complaining about it to the point where you decide it isn't worth it anymore!

And have the agency been saying clean shaven will help with the Tim Henman work?:D

Wendy
29th-April-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
And have the agency been saying clean shaven will help with the Tim Henman work?:D

Yeh and you might not get another series playing young Superman.... :wink:

Wxxx

John S
29th-April-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
I'm with Divissima - I LOVE hair (and not just on the face:wink: )
Oh, Aleks - why did no-one point me out to you at Marco's? Oh - maybe they did!:(

Beowulf
27th-July-2003, 09:50 PM
I've done the beardy thing in the past.. but I just end up looking stupid!

I've attached photographic evidence here.. and as you can see the defendant clearly looks stupid.. I blame the beard (though the coat, hat and county and western singer pose could have more to do with that! :waycool: )

http://www.sex4geeks.co.uk/howdy.jpg

Gadget
28th-July-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Beowulf1970
I've done the beardy thing in the past.. but I just end up looking stupid!
And you look less stupid without it?? wow. Can't say I noticed. {:na:}
I don's see how you can claim to be too shy, retiring and introverted to dance with people when you actually go out wearing that. :D
{OK I know there are some equaly dodgy pics of me, but I won those bets!}

Pammy
28th-July-2003, 03:06 PM
On the other hand, I am not a fan of a full neckbeard - don't know that there is any logic to it... [/B]

I agree with Diva, a nice goatee is fine, but a Grizzly Adams is a no go.

Please nobody come back with a line like *but I love Grizzly Adams!* <i>other than Graham of course :wink: </i>

Px

Graham
28th-July-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
Please nobody come back with a line like *but I love Grizzly Adams!* <i>other than Graham of course :wink: </i>
Look, once and for all, I never even met him - that whole story was just made up by the tabloid press.

Boomer
10th-September-2003, 12:39 AM
Dont you just hate it when you get a newbie responding to all these old posts when they seemed to be dead? Still, that's the 20 post own avatar rulong for you:yum: I have to ask though, where is the 'I am a woman - with facial hair and I wish my (ex) boyfriend didn't pluck it in public thinking it was a stray eyelash?' vote? Yep, that happened, she wasn't to pleased with me I can tell you.:blush:

John S
10th-September-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
where is the 'I am a woman - with facial hair and I wish my (ex) boyfriend didn't pluck it in public thinking it was a stray eyelash?' vote? Yep, that happened, she wasn't to pleased with me I can tell you.:blush:
Boomer, I do hope for your sake no-one knows your identity and can work out who you're talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DavidB
3rd-November-2003, 11:28 AM
Saw this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/photo_gallery/3234029.stm) on the BBC site this morning. I reckon the guy in picture 3 could lead a few moves with those whiskers.

David

Tiggerbabe
3rd-November-2003, 02:36 PM
Don't fancy doing an arm-jive with him though - might get poked in the eye :eek:

Forte
3rd-November-2003, 02:50 PM
I just tried to vote on this poll to rigg the results and it said "You have already voted on this poll"...!!:wink: Outsmarted by a bulletin board. Clever. very clever...

Lory
3rd-November-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
Saw this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/photo_gallery/3234029.stm) on the BBC site this morning. I reckon the guy in picture 3 could lead a few moves with those whiskers.

David
They're not beards! they're works of art! I still hate them though!:sick:

Jon L
3rd-November-2003, 04:58 PM
I hope the Dundee Kiss is different from the Glaswegian Kiss :kiss:

Anyway - the only reason I have never grown one is I can't be fussed with the hassle. It's itchy etc, but it's down to personal preference.

I suppose I should remember that people like Will etc have beards so you can be a good dancer with or without one!

TheTramp
3rd-November-2003, 05:00 PM
There's nothing wrong with beards :D

Steve

Tiggerbabe
4th-November-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Jon L
I hope the Dundee Kiss is different from the Glaswegian Kiss :kiss:

Of course it is, we're very gentle up here in Dundee :wink:

Forte
4th-November-2003, 09:52 AM
Quote from Shania Twain song heard on radio this morning...song is "Up!"

Man, my skin is weird
I wish I could grow a beard...

:what:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-November-2003, 10:03 AM
There's nothing wrong with beards :D

You still got that then ? I thought it was for halloween ! :D

Forte
4th-November-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
You still got that then ? I thought it was for halloween ! :D

some ladies go for the hirsute look...whether it's a full moon or not...:devil:

TheTramp
4th-November-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
You still got that then ? I thought it was for halloween ! :D I seem to have lost my razor. I'm sure it'll turn up again one day. Maybe :rolleyes:

Steve

Boomer
4th-November-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Forte
some ladies go for the hirsute look...whether it's a full moon or not...:devil:

Have I missed something here :what: Where was this 'beard' again? :what:

Forte
4th-November-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Have I missed something here :what: Where was this 'beard' again? :what:

Cheeky!:wink:
:rofl:

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 12:43 PM
Cheeky!:wink:

+ scarey! :tears:

ChrisA
11th-May-2004, 12:46 PM
Andy made me do it.... :devil:

Stuart M
11th-May-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
What, because the results of this poll (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=598) were not to his liking?

under par
11th-May-2004, 12:55 PM
Is designer stubble included???

I'm worried about the six o-clock shadow at Southport when we finally leave the blues room:what: :what: :what: :what: :cheers:

ChrisA
11th-May-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
What, because the results of this poll (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=598) were not to his liking? Whatever, I couldn't be bothered to search, and anyway there are lots of new people around now. :D

ChrisA
11th-May-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by under par
I'm worried about the six o-clock shadowBring a razor, my good man, a razor. Especially for the blues room. Can't be all scratchy for the ladies, now can we?

:rolleyes:

ChrisA
11th-May-2004, 01:02 PM
... moderators, I ask you :rolleyes:

I did allow for exceptions - we love ya really Franck. :flower:

Andy McGregor
11th-May-2004, 05:56 PM

I've developed a new mind control device.

And now for my greatest test. JB, throw away that jumper:whistle:

ChrisA
11th-May-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
I've developed a new mind control device.

And now for my greatest test. JB, throw away that jumper:whistle:
You mean "JB, stop smoking on the stage at Hipsters..."

:really: :sick: :tears:

Andy McGregor
11th-May-2004, 11:06 PM
You mean "JB, stop smoking on the stage at Hipsters..."

:really: :sick: :tears:

Nigel promised me JB had stopped doing that. I thought the hairy jumper was a sort of 'security blanket/fag substitute'. :innocent:

xSalsa_Angelx
12th-May-2004, 12:20 PM

Depends what kinda beard you are referring to though? does it not??

big massive bushy beards are a turn off

but little goatie beards and bald heads :drool: (also depends on who the guy is thou)

Don't get excited StuartM :rofl::na:

TheTramp
12th-May-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
but little goatie beards and bald heads :drool: (also depends on who the guy is thou) Ummmm.... :whistle:

Trampy

xSalsa_Angelx
12th-May-2004, 12:26 PM
Quote from Shania Twain song heard on radio this morning...song is "Up!"

Man, my skin is weird
I wish I could grow a beard...

:what:

Well her skin would not be weird if she had not gotten all that plastic surgery done :rofl:

xSalsa_Angelx
12th-May-2004, 12:27 PM
Ummmm.... :whistle:

Trampy

Stop getting excited :rofl:

:hug:

ChrisA
13th-May-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
Nigel promised me JB had stopped doing that. I thought the hairy jumper was a sort of 'security blanket/fag substitute'. :innocent:
Ah, maybe he has. Hurrah, in that case. :cheers:

I guess it's been a few weeks since I saw him smoking last.

Chris

thewacko
13th-May-2004, 04:18 PM
OK, obviously needs a new option in the poll, but I can't do it without Franck's help:

:sad:
or how about

"I'm a guy who had a beard but had to shave it off as most of it went grey"

but hey I am keeping me tash, as that has been known to tickle in the nicest of places . . . like Charlton, Greenwich and even Hammersmith - what else could I have meant!:devil:

Stuart M
14th-May-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
but little goatie beards and bald heads :drool: (also depends on who the guy is thou)

Don't get excited StuartM :rofl::na:
And there was me, toying with the idea of going for the slaphead look too...but then the lobotomy scar would show :rofl:

jeanie
15th-January-2008, 04:40 PM
I like some facial stubble on a guy, preferably 3-4 days worth....:drool:then you don't get tash rash

martingold
15th-January-2008, 04:51 PM
I like some facial stubble on a guy, preferably 3-4 days worth....:drool:then you don't get tash rash
look at my profile pic :flower:
oh and Barbs (my wife) would kill me if i shaved my beard off:whistle:

Jamie
15th-January-2008, 05:00 PM
Facial hair shayne ward / justin timberlake style = :drool:

Not loving actual tash's and beards, big bushy ones are a big no-no!

Trouble
15th-January-2008, 05:02 PM
, big bushy ones are a big no-no!

:yeah: - in more ways than one.

I do like a little something around the mouth area on a man..... distracts from the bol5ox that generally comes out of it. :D

Cruella
15th-January-2008, 05:37 PM
Facial hair is horrid, men should be clean shaven. Althought I do like the feel of stubble on my neck :drool:

Twirly
15th-January-2008, 05:43 PM
:yeah: - in more ways than one.

I do like a little something around the mouth area on a man..... distracts from the bol5ox that generally comes out of it. :D

Facial hair is horrid, men should be clean shaven.

:yeah: Can't stand stubble-rash :sick:

Rocky
15th-January-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, there are beards and there are beards... one's that look like that they start under your armpits and then creep up your face are a definite no... arty beards that have points and sculptured sides are a definite no... wispy little goatees, are a definite no.... and stubble is a definite no if you want kiss someone because they act like sandpaper - cheap dermebrasion though ladies.

The ONLY acceptable beard on a man is a mid length goatee and here's why.

1.) Men aren't supposed to have beards because most (pansy like) women, for the other reasons detailed below, don't like them and because they say that it irritates their skin.

2.) Men aren't supposed to have beards because the 'establishment' tells you that it's not conducive to creating a bond of trust. (It's covering your face and people do that, especially their mouth, when they are lying..)

3.) Men aren't supposed to have beards because it makes them look aggressive - people can read your emotions more easily if they can see your entire face and a beard also creates a sub-conscious link to primitive man.

So growing a beard:

1.) Sends a very clear message that you not need to chase after women - there's nothing women hate more than a desperate man. Growing a beard means that you don't care either way and there's nothing women find more attractive than a man who appears not to be interested in them. The caveat to that is that as geeks grow beards, this is only true if you are a man's man.

2.) Sends a very clear message that your a bit of a rebel. So, the man's man beardee is a free thinker an adventurer, an entrepreneur and a risk taker.

3.) Sends a very clear message that you're a 'geezer'. So you will always be able to turf a pregnant lady out of a seat on a bus without any comeback...:wink:

All that means that if you want to look 'hard' and be thought of as an Alpha male, grow a groomed (but not over groomed) beard and remember to wash it frequently! As regards women, you will have them falling over themselves to get to you - not in droves I grant you, but in very select groups: That is, strong independent women who have the balls to handle a 'real' man and bimbos with no self esteem who like the look of a bad boy and like the idea that they might be treated to a bit of rough (you choose...)

But of course we haven't mentioned the most important thing and that is men with beards generally have higher levels of testosterone, so if you want a good seeing to ladies, all things being equal, go for a man with a beard. Although, you need to bear in mind that it's also likely that he will be sporting a bald head..

Why the goatee? Well it's a beard, and it isn't: so goatee wearers transcend pigeon holing - they could just as well be an artist as a hooligan.

Why mid length? Well, stubble scratches and long beards are just plain wrong. Mid length hair is soft to touch and kiss and if you combine it with a little stubble around the central chin area AND a long tongue added to a bit of technique you have the tools to generate the most mind blowing orgasms for your lady...

That's why, like Martin, if I ever shaved my beard off I've been told by my wife that she would leave me.. :wink:

jeanie
15th-January-2008, 06:20 PM
look at my profile pic :flower:
oh and Barbs (my wife) would kill me if i shaved my beard off:whistle:
Just a wee bit more hair than I like..... :na:

Facial hair shayne ward / justin timberlake style = :drool:
exactly like that! mmmmmmmmm

Facial hair is horrid, men should be clean shaven. Althought I do like the feel of stubble on my neck :drool:

You can't have it both ways now....:yum:

John S
15th-January-2008, 06:35 PM
......... strong independent women who have the balls ..........

Scary!!!!!:eek::eek:

Hevmac
15th-January-2008, 06:37 PM
yeah.... especially now YOU HAVE A BEARD!!:rofl:
lovelyand soft it is tooX:kiss:

John S
15th-January-2008, 06:46 PM
yeah.... especially now YOU HAVE A BEARD!!:rofl:
lovelyand soft it is tooX:kiss:

LOUDER, PLEASE.

martingold
15th-January-2008, 07:05 PM
Just a wee bit more hair than I like..... :na:

goes and gets his beard trimmer :wink:

Trouble
15th-January-2008, 07:22 PM
You can't have it both ways now....:yum:

err well you can...

think of a number and a different type of stubble. :whistle: :whistle:

jeanie
15th-January-2008, 07:25 PM

err well you can...

think of a number and a different type of stubble. :whistle: :whistle:

If you have that kind of stubble on your neck, surely something is wrong... or you're an olympic gymnast?

Knew I should've carried on with my gymnastics!

Trouble
15th-January-2008, 07:30 PM
If you have that kind of stubble on your neck, surely something is wrong... or you're an olympic gymnast?

nope dont need to be a gymnast. Just need to look at it from a different view..... :D

(makes note to shave neck later) :what:

Rocky
15th-January-2008, 07:36 PM

It comes from her love of giving people shoulder carries. Much like the pubic mound area, it's believed that hair grows there to reduce friction and to trap phermones. Men toting Sirens such as this have been known in science for sometime - they usually also display distinctive markings such as different coloured cranial plummage...:whistle:

SteveK
16th-January-2008, 04:33 AM
All that means that if you want to look 'hard' and be thought of as an Alpha male, grow a groomed (but not over groomed) beard and remember to wash it frequently! As regards women, you will have them falling over themselves to get to you - not in droves I grant you, but in very select groups: That is, strong independent women who have the balls to handle a 'real' man and bimbos with no self esteem who like the look of a bad boy and like the idea that they might be treated to a bit of rough (you choose...)

But of course we haven't mentioned the most important thing and that is men with beards generally have higher levels of testosterone, so if you want a good seeing to ladies, all things being equal, go for a man with a beard. Although, you need to bear in mind that it's also likely that he will be sporting a bald head..

Why the goatee? Well it's a beard, and it isn't: so goatee wearers transcend pigeon holing - they could just as well be an artist as a hooligan.

A psychiatrist friend told me an alternate theory about goatee beards, and how goatee beards were only acceptable if the bloke's facial hair had gone grey.

People will be aware of the theory of why women wear lipstick; that the purpose of it is to mimic a certain part of the most private part of a woman's anatomy (we're not "upstairs" so I'm not describing in more detail).

So according the the psychiatrict theory, why would a "hard" "Alpha Male" bloke deliberately walk around with a v****a on his face?

Of course this theory doesn't apply if the bloke has grey hair, and I definitely think that a grey goatee beard can suit some people rather well.

~*~Saligal~*~
16th-January-2008, 05:33 AM
Goaties suit some men and not others - as Rocky's pretty much mentioned.
Beards usually "age" a man - a good cheat for young guys (especially baby-faced ones).
Overgrown & untrimmed beards scream hygiene problems and old-fashioned attitudes to me - so it doesn't really "do it" for me.
My preference is clean-shaved - if stubble is desired by the guy then a few days growth is a good thing (to save the free exfoliation).

jeanie
16th-January-2008, 09:26 AM
nope dont need to be a gymnast. Just need to look at it from a different view..... :D

(makes note to shave neck later) :what:

*Is being a bit slow today as still struggling to see but I will work it out when the cold has escaped my body....*

Cruella
16th-January-2008, 10:13 AM
So according the the psychiatrict theory, why would a "hard" "Alpha Male" bloke deliberately walk around with a v****a on his face?
Most guys would love to be in that situation. (Mind you they'd have to be pretty strong to walk around at the same time.)

batnurse
16th-January-2008, 02:22 PM
Facial hair, of any description...absolutely not :eek:

Rocky
16th-January-2008, 02:29 PM
.........with a v****a on his face?

Of course this theory doesn't apply if the bloke has grey hair....

Why? Don't old ladies have v****as too?

Cruella
16th-January-2008, 03:09 PM
Why? Don't old ladies have v****as too?

No, they heal up through being unused, like an earring hole that is absent of an earring. (So I'm led to believe)

jeanie
17th-January-2008, 11:42 AM
No, they heal up through being unused, like an earring hole that is absent of an earring. (So I'm led to believe)
*wishing she hadn't read this thread quite so early and on an empty stomach...*

jeanie
17th-January-2008, 12:34 PM
goes and gets his beard trimmer :wink:
Don't want you to get into bother if more hair is preffered!

sidney
17th-January-2008, 02:53 PM
I dislike any facial hair on a man, it makes them less attractive and and older, give me smooth face anyday.

Cruella
17th-January-2008, 04:44 PM

Where is the Explainer when you need him. I got neg rep for this tongue in cheek comment. Sorry if I offended any of the older people, I wasn't being ageist. I was trying to insinuate my husband tells me this, so I keep having regular sex. So apologies if you didn't get the joke. :flower:

Crazy Shark
17th-January-2008, 04:59 PM
Yes but only stubble not a full on beard!!! Beard on some men are ok but prefer stubble (not too much stubble).

As female, facial hairs on female doesn't look good, IMO!!

John S
17th-January-2008, 06:57 PM
..... my husband tells me this, so I keep having regular sex......
That must be a candidate for the worst-ever chat-up line. Still, if it works .......

Miss Flicts
17th-January-2008, 07:05 PM
I dislike any facial hair on a man.

Even Father Christmas.. and God?!

I think it would be sad to live in a uniformly shaved world...

I don't find beards alluring in any particular way, but they certainly don't bother me and I think they do suit some men.

I think it would be boring if all men were clean shaven.. My Dad and my ex definitely both look better with beards than clean shaven.

I'm amazed how many women are really anti-beard...what's the problem? It's just the natural state of a man.

~*~Saligal~*~
18th-January-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm amazed how many women are really anti-beard...what's the problem? It's just the natural state of a man.
Maybe that's the problem for some women.
There are those who prefer their men with hairless chests. And the trend is increasing apparently.
I think most women are ok with their men to have hairless backs, though :grin:

Crazy Shark
18th-January-2008, 12:48 AM
Maybe that's the problem for some women.
There are those who prefer their men with hairless chests. And the trend is increasing apparently.
I think most women are ok with their men to have hairless backs, though :grin:

I agree and im one of those women i don't like hairy men in general. I don't mean to sound shallow. Whats wrong waxing the hairy parts?? :rolleyes: If women can do so can men....if they want to :grin: :yum: LOL

SteveK
18th-January-2008, 06:39 AM
I agree and im one of those women i don't like hairy men in general. I don't mean to sound shallow. Whats wrong waxing the hairy parts?? :rolleyes: If women can do so can men....if they want to :grin: :yum: LOL

Do you really want a completely hairless man? Would you honestly prefer some form of metrosexual wimp who carries a man bag and spends more time in the bathroom than you.

Admit it, you'd rather have an Alpha Male with a few hairs on their chest!! Would you rather have a man who is more scared of spiders than you are, or a man who can deal with the spider one handed. Who is sexier; Crocodile Dundee or Richard Fairbrass? David Beckham with or without stubble?

Cruella
18th-January-2008, 09:19 AM
I agree and im one of those women i don't like hairy men in general.

Me too. Hairy chests are a big turn off for me. I don't mind a few but not enough to make a rug. :sick:

Trouble
18th-January-2008, 09:54 AM
Oh god i love hairy chests, hairier the better. DTS has a rug on his, literally and I love it. I also have a thing for hairy backs and shoulders. I especially like a hairy tummys, you know that lovely soft hair that funs down to below.:yum::drool:

Perhaps im just weird but bald chests do absolutely nothing for me at all.

Hairier the better. :D

Beowulf
18th-January-2008, 12:55 PM
Would you honestly prefer some form of metrosexual wimp who carries a man bag and spends more time in the bathroom than you.

:tears: I have a man bag ! And As Twirly will confirm, I do spend more time in the bathroom than she does. But I don't shave everyday.. I'm not completely bald. if fact.. I've got a slight to moderate covering of hair on my chest, arms and legs. My back isn't hairy (as far as I know .. I never see it) I guess Twirly would be best to answer that one.

My legs are quite furry, as are my arms. I don't shave every day not because I'm attempting to look rugged or macho but because my poor face has a terrible dislike for razors. I have just shaved and look like I've been bitch slapped by Freddy Kruger :blush: I don't know if 'll finish this post before loss of blood makes me pass.. ..

<thump>

batnurse
18th-January-2008, 12:59 PM
:tears: I have a man bag ! And As Twirly will confirm, I do spend more time in the bathroom than she does. But I don't shave everyday.. I'm not completely bald. if fact.. I've got a slight to moderate covering of hair on my chest, arms and legs. My back isn't hairy (as far as I know .. I never see it) I guess Twirly would be best to answer that one.

My legs are quite furry, as are my arms. I don't shave every day not because I'm attempting to look rugged or macho but because my poor face has a terrible dislike for razors. I have just shaved and look like I've been bitch slapped by Freddy Kruger :blush: I don't know if 'll finish this post before loss of blood makes me pass.. ..

<thump>

*Batnurse rushes in and performs CPR on Beowulf* :cool:

John S
18th-January-2008, 01:22 PM
Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford etc - all now beardies. Any ladies about to change their votes?

Great Goatees - Famous Style | Fashion Expert | Catwalk Clothes | Photos (http://style.uk.msn.com/fashionandbeauty/celebritychic/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=7248070)

batnurse
18th-January-2008, 01:35 PM
Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford etc - all now beardies. Any ladies about to change their votes?

Great Goatees - Famous Style | Fashion Expert | Catwalk Clothes | Photos (http://style.uk.msn.com/fashionandbeauty/celebritychic/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=7248070)

Nope. Although if Johnny Depp insisted on snogging me, it would be inpolite to refuse...:wink:

jeanie
18th-January-2008, 02:41 PM
Nope. Although if Johnny Depp insisted on snogging me, it would be inpolite to refuse...:wink:
Isn't that double standards BN? :wink:

Johnny Depp would only get it if he was Captain Jack :awe:, I can't stand the guy normally :sick:

batnurse
18th-January-2008, 03:05 PM
Isn't that double standards BN? :wink:

Johnny Depp would only get it if he was Captain Jack :awe:, I can't stand the guy normally :sick:

Yes. Next question please.

Twirly
18th-January-2008, 03:20 PM
Do you really want a completely hairless man? Would you honestly prefer some form of metrosexual wimp who carries a man bag and spends more time in the bathroom than you.

<thump>

:rofl: Beat me to it!

Beo spends as much time in the shower as it takes me to shower, wash, dry and style my hair, do my make-up and get dressed. :rolleyes: I'm actually quite worried about the drain on the water supply when he moves down to London...

I dislike stubble, but only because I have sensitive skin and don't want to like I've had a chemical peel each time I have a snog with my boyfriend... :blush:

As for the rest, Beo's got just the right amount of everything :innocent:

dave the scaffolder
18th-January-2008, 06:13 PM
Oh god i love hairy chests, hairier the better. DTS has a rug on his, literally and I love it. I also have a thing for hairy backs and shoulders. I especially like a hairy tummys, you know that lovely soft hair that funs down to below.:yum::drool:

When i was in Africa, when i was 27, i had a shaved head, as i do now.

Anyway i could not have any hair beads on my head so i had 4 rows of beads done on my chest and managed to get 10 beads in each row.

Just measured the length of hair on my chest and they are between 4 and 5 inches long.

DTS Dave xxx xxx

Crazy Shark
18th-January-2008, 09:35 PM

Admit it, you'd rather have an Alpha Male with a few hairs on their chest!! Would you rather have a man who is more scared of spiders than you are, or a man who can deal with the spider one handed. Who is sexier; Crocodile Dundee or Richard Fairbrass? David Beckham with or without stubble?

Josh (my other half) admits he's a metrosexual but i still accept him no matter what :awe: But he's got a gorgeous goatee but not a beard. Plus he has more than one man bag and has his own fashion (so he thinks LOL). I still spend more time than him in the shower :grin:

David with stubble = HOT!!! Has anyone seen a pic of him posing in Calvin Klein underwear its so hot :drool:

Nope but Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio look hotter :drool:

jeanie
18th-January-2008, 09:51 PM
Yes. Next question please.

oooo excuse me!:eek:

~*~Saligal~*~
22nd-January-2008, 01:28 AM

I'm the same - in that bald chests don't do it for me - I do like "some" hair on a man's chest (but not an entire rug!).
Not into the hairy back and shoulders though - I'll pass at that :nice:

~*~Saligal~*~
22nd-January-2008, 01:30 AM

Great Goatees - Famous Style | Fashion Expert | Catwalk Clothes | Photos (http://style.uk.msn.com/fashionandbeauty/celebritychic/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=7248070) From the feedback in the thread, not all women were anti-goaties - but mostly anti-full-bush-on-face look....
(I would say "no" to Harrison Ford - he's just plain too old and wrinkley these days)

frolicols
20th-July-2009, 05:52 PM
Well until this year I have never sported any facial hair. I grew some for charity earlier in the year and now have a trimmed moustache/soul patch combo (basically a goatee but not joined up!!).

It's amazing how it had polarized people on it. People are about 50/50 on liking it or hating it. My girlfriend likes it and so do I, that's the main thing!

Jay Jay
2nd-August-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm not bothered whether a man has facial hair or not, depends if it suits him but I do find it attractive if a man does have a beard or goatee that he keeps it trimmed and tidy and looked after, when they are unkempt they look awful.

Double Trouble
24th-September-2010, 12:24 PM
Gav has recently grown a beard (see his profile pic on here). I think he looks absolutely gorgeous with it and I'm not a big fan of beards normally. :drool:

Maxine
24th-September-2010, 01:33 PM
I like clean shaven men (and women), just not a facial hair fan

Double Trouble
24th-September-2010, 02:12 PM
I like clean shaven men (and women), just not a facial hair fan

You sure about that? :drool:

Here's Gerard Butler looking gorgeous with a beard.

Maxine
24th-September-2010, 03:10 PM
You sure about that? :drool:

Here's Gerard Butler looking gorgeous with a beard.

I'd just like to see him naked (his face that is:innocent:)

Double Trouble
24th-September-2010, 04:02 PM
I'd just like to see him naked

This is him in a scene from Law Abiding Citizen, which, by the way, if you haven't seen it is a great film. Sorry...I couldn't find a pic of him beardless, but I think this one more than makes up for it. *drool, drool*

Maxine
24th-September-2010, 04:44 PM
This is him in a scene from Law Abiding Citizen, which, by the way, if you haven't seen it is a great film. Sorry...I couldn't find a pic of him beardless, but I think this one more than makes up for it. *drool, drool*

Almost the magic fairy there DT. So much better without the beard :yum:

martingold
11th-October-2010, 07:28 AM
mine went just as it looks like its coming into fashion
must be something to be said about that lol :grin:

Trouble
12th-October-2010, 03:46 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of facial hair, i bleach mine regularly. :D

Prian
13th-October-2010, 04:56 AM
I hate shaving and hate growing a beard. Though I might be inclined if my sideburns actually joined up with the hair on my chin, but it doesn't and I'm always left with a gap.

In the other hand does hair removal cream work?:wink: