PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle & Free entry Competition £500 Cash Prize

cerocmetro
17th-December-2002, 02:59 PM
Masked Ball of the East 2003

Earlier this year we held our biggest ever event. On one of the largest dance floors in London, we rocked to the great sounds of three top DJ's including the infamous Jon Brett, who just happens to be a regular DJ at two of our nights, Steveange and St Albans.

Last year we held a fun Dance with a Stranger competition. There are so many competitions around, we collared the grand title of British, European, Commonwealth & World Dance Champions. As I said, the emphasis was on fun!!!

The competition was won by Steve Wong and Haidee Bishop who won between them £300 and one of the biggest trophies I have ever seen.

In 2003 the prize money has been increased to £500. The fee for entering is £0.

The night was said by many to be one of the best Freestyle nights ever held and who am I to argue? The Hall has a capacity for 1500 but we will restrict the numbers to 1000.

The event will be promoted in the New Year, but this is just to make sure you keep your diaries free on Saturday 5th April 2003

To keep in touch and to be on our mailing list, email, ceroc@hotmail.com or visit our website www.cerocmetro.com where we have information on our own dance holidays and other major events.

Happy Xmas from
CerocMetro

TheTramp
17th-December-2002, 03:13 PM
I was there.

It was indeed a good evening, and well recommended!!

Steve

cerocmetro
17th-December-2002, 03:22 PM
Thank you Steve

Seeing as you are the first to respond, please drop me an email and have a complimentary ticket.

Adam

Ste
17th-December-2002, 07:04 PM
Adam

Sorry to bother you ( creep creep ).

I wanted to ring you to ask if I could collect the cup and give it back to you when you want it back. ( Want to show mum and dad etc because it is such a big cup) . I guess you will be busy shopping this weekend. Can I collect it from you say New Year?
I wanted to collect it earlier but I have been moving to Brum and sorting out a new job etc.

Everyone else

By the way everyone else, the competition was a brilliant brilliant night. I wasn't even wanting to go originally but I had a great time and met some great dancers and old friends!!! The surroundings also were superb...lots of parking...really big quality dancefloor...GO GO GO!!! I had a wonderful memorable evening!!!
I trust that you will too!

Oh yeah the money was great too! I was so so blessed by that as I needed it!But of course I don't dance for money??!!!

See ya there!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :cheers:

Scouse Mouse

Ste

Will
18th-December-2002, 12:17 AM
It would obviously be completely remiss of me if I did not comment on this thread as it marks the debut of my esteemed colleague and personal dance hero, Stevie Wong, to Ceroc competition.

Of course the result of last years competition is now down in the anuls of ceroc history. Suffice to say that I too intend to compete for the Stevie Wong Ceroc Metro Memorial Cup, though I know that whilst Wong breathes, he could turn up with 2 broken legs, dance with a clothes hanger from the cloakroom in the "dance with a stranger" and still clean up.

Stevie "The Love" Wong, I salute you.

cerocmetro
18th-December-2002, 01:55 AM
Hello Scouse Mouse

Please email or call me and we can arrange that for you.

I am so glad you had such a wonderful evening, we hope this year will be even better. If anyone is considering travelling from north of the M25, please let me know and will look into coaches for you.

Adam
07768 005858
ceroc@hotmail.com

TheTramp
18th-December-2002, 08:53 AM
north of the M25Does such a place really exist?? I thought that it was just myth and legend!! :D

Steve

DavidB
18th-December-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
north of the M25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does such a place really exist?? I thought that it was just myth and legend!!It's called Yorkshire. Then you get Scotland.

TheTramp
19th-December-2002, 08:55 AM
Thanks for trying to clear that up David.

I think I've heard of Yorkshire. Place where people drink beer and speak funny (eh up lad?). Not so sure about this 'Scotland' place though. What proof do you have that it really exists. And what would the people from there be like????

Steve

Tiggerbabe
19th-December-2002, 09:06 PM
And would they need coaches or do you think they might be able to arrange transport themselves on - say one of those flying things, or an iron horse maybe????????????

:na: :na:

Emma
19th-December-2002, 11:48 PM
Does one need a passport? :grin:

TheTramp
20th-December-2002, 02:34 AM
And would they need coaches or do you think they might be able to arrange transport themselves on - say one of those flying things, or an iron horse maybe?C'mon Sheena. Lets not be too fanciful!!

Steve

Tiggerbabe
21st-December-2002, 12:41 AM
Aw! Come on Steve, don't spoil my fun!

I've already booked my ticket on the Stagecoach (sent away for a visa too ) but am a bit frightened about these highwaymen from down South that I've heard so much about..............:what:

TheTramp
21st-December-2002, 01:46 AM
Ooooh. You mean the Lindy Hoppers. It all becomes clear now.

Yeah. You wanna stay away from that bunch. Very scary!! I'll sell you a nice potion of 'Resist Lindy' for the mere sum of 1 dance.

Steve

Tiggerbabe
22nd-December-2002, 11:17 AM
Cheeky boy!

Think I've already been captured by them on the odd occassion - and I'm afraid to say quite enjoyed the experience - would repeat it more often if only there were more time (and classes in Dundee!!!!!)

But, just for you, I'll pay your asking price - so that's now one dance and a birthday hug that I owe you :wink:

TheTramp
22nd-December-2002, 11:34 AM
Woohoo....

At this rate, I'll be doing pretty well by the next time I make it up there :D

Now, Lisa calls me cheeky too. I just don't understand it. I thought that I was the very example of sweetness and innocence....??? :rolleyes:

Steve

TheTramp
24th-February-2003, 02:03 PM
Thought it was time that this thread could do with a bump :D.

For those who haven't seen this already, it's going to be a great night, so come and dance with me (anyone welcome)!! Music will be superb (Jon Brett is one of the DJs), the floor is great, and lots of great dancers (and beginners like me).

See Ceroc Metro website (http://cerocmetro.com) for further details....

Party at my house afterwards! (Suppose I'll have to let my landlady come dancing too now.) :na:

Steve

Dance Demon
24th-February-2003, 04:58 PM
Thanks for trying to clear that up David.
Not so sure about this 'Scotland' place though. What proof do you have that it really exists. And what would the people from there be like????

Steve

As you alrready know steve, Scotland does really exist....it sits just on top of Englandshire.....on top of course, because cream is always on top:wink:

DD:devil:

TheTramp
24th-February-2003, 05:01 PM
Ah DD, you have to look at the dates of those posts, and realise that my earlier ones were made before my enlightening trip up there.

I didn't see any of Sheena's iron horses though. Although, I can confirm that the people are jolly nice :)

Steve

Dancing Veela
24th-February-2003, 05:09 PM
Although, I can confirm that the people are jolly nice :)

Steve

That would be ME you're talking about Steve???????

DV x

TheTramp
24th-February-2003, 05:13 PM

Although, I can confirm that the people are jolly nice

Originally posted by DV

That would be ME you're talking about Steve???????Although, I can confirm that some of the people are jolly nice :D

Steve

(starts running now)

Dancing Veela
24th-February-2003, 05:15 PM
Although, I can confirm that some of the people are jolly nice :D

Steve

(starts running now)

and don't stop running until after THIS weekend you Tramp!!!!!!!