PDA

View Full Version : Ashtons or Jango T Dance?

Cruella
24th-July-2005, 12:24 PM
OK, i've not been to either of these T dances before and they are both happening this coming sunday. :confused: So could i please have recommendations as to which one to go to. Would be nice to know if any of you lot are going too. :flower:

under par
24th-July-2005, 12:36 PM
Mrs Par and I are hoping to go to Jango if I can get up, 'cos I'm doing nights on Saturday night. :eek:

Feelingpink
24th-July-2005, 12:49 PM
OK, i've not been to either of these T dances before and they are both happening this coming sunday. :confused: So could i please have recommendations as to which one to go to. Would be nice to know if any of you lot are going too. :flower:

I've only been to the Ashtons tea dance once, when it was the Tsunami fund-raiser and enjoyed it for the most part (except for the overcrowding, which I gather was a result of it being a special one). I prefer the TJive because of the music from TWK (and Amir, when he does a guest spot), the smaller group and friendly faces. I'll be there next Sunday, as will RKing (currently at Rock Bottoms).

LMC
24th-July-2005, 12:55 PM
I've only been to the Ashtons tea dance once, when it was the Tsunami fund-raiser and enjoyed it for the most part (except for the overcrowding, which I gather was a result of it being a special one). I prefer the TJive because of the music from TWK (and Amir, when he does a guest spot), the smaller group and friendly faces. I'll be there next Sunday, as will RKing (currently at Rock Bottoms).

Was um-ing and ah-ing about the President today and decided not (will go to reg. venue this evening instead). But I do fancy a T-dance, so may well be at Ashtons next weekend (*so* much easier to get to than Jango)

SilverFox
24th-July-2005, 01:26 PM
OK, i've not been to either of these T dances before and they are both happening this coming sunday. :confused: So could i please have recommendations as to which one to go to. Would be nice to know if any of you lot are going too. :flower:Not sure where you're getting your info from Di, but AFAIK (mailing list and website) there is no Chill Out Lounge on the 31st. But then again I am a man, so I have been known to be wrong...........once. :whistle:

Anyhow, Jango T-Jive for me. The call of the Kenobe Dance Experience is drawing me in...... :waycool: :waycool: :worthy:

Cruella
24th-July-2005, 01:43 PM
Not sure where you're getting your info from Di, but AFAIK (mailing list and website) there is no Chill Out Lounge on the 31st. But then again I am a man, so I have been known to be wrong...........once. :whistle:

Anyhow, Jango T-Jive for me. The call of the Kenobe Dance Experience is drawing me in...... :waycool: :waycool: :worthy:

Got it from Lyndas List. At least if you're right i won't have to decide between the two! So maybe see you sunday for a bit of eye contact. :wink: Maybe just one eye to start with.

SilverFox
24th-July-2005, 01:49 PM
Maybe just one eye to start with.Winking at me on the dance floor, might give me the wrong idea.

or the right idea..... :devil: :rofl: :blush:

Cruella
26th-July-2005, 03:53 PM
Well i'm definately going to Jango sunday, who else is coming?

Northants Girly
26th-July-2005, 04:00 PM
Well i'm definately going to Jango sunday, who else is coming?Maybe . . . .

But Peterborough is closer (abit) and goes on till later :)

So dunno . . . . :confused:

Minnie M
26th-July-2005, 04:12 PM
Got it from Lyndas List. At least if you're right i won't have to decide between the two! So maybe see you sunday for a bit of eye contact. :wink: Maybe just one eye to start with.
woops :blush: can't remember where I got my info from, but will check it out now - thanks SF :flower:

BTW both places are worth a visit BUT, I found the journey to Jango far less stressful - Cricklewood Broadway is a nightmare on a Sunday afternoon

LMC
26th-July-2005, 04:33 PM
Well i'm definately going to Jango sunday, who else is coming?

I will be there.

Just to make up for that, so will Icey.

Any brave ladies want to give us some leading practice with our, ahem, 4 moves? :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
26th-July-2005, 08:51 PM
Just in case it puts you off, I *won't* announce that my white chocolate cheesecake (with summer fruits) will be making it's debut this Sunday at Jango.

Minnie M
26th-July-2005, 09:47 PM
Just in case it puts you off, I *won't* announce that my white chocolate cheesecake (with summer fruits) will be making it's debut this Sunday at Jango.
{dribble dribble dribble} :yum: (wotta a man :clap: ) :drool: bad news for me though - I am trying so hard to stick to my diet - you've done it now ESG just gotta come on Sunday - better come early tho, last time the only thing left from your cake was a very thin layer of chocolait :tears: and everyone talking about how yummy it was :sad:

Minnie M
26th-July-2005, 10:13 PM
woops :blush: can't remember where I got my info from, but will check it out now - thanks SF :flower:

BTW both places are worth a visit BUT, I found the journey to Jango far less stressful - Cricklewood Broadway is a nightmare on a Sunday afternoon

From me to Ceroc London

Is the Chillout Lounge on at Ashtons this Sunday ??

Reply from Ceroc London

No Dave cancelled it and the Aug one incase it was really hot

ElaineB
27th-July-2005, 07:34 AM
Simon and I are definitely coming over from Bristol - it's been so long - might even bring a cake to celebrate!!!!!!! :D

Simon would like to book a few dances with you Minnie, if your 'card' isn't full already!!!

See you there

Elaine

Minnie M
27th-July-2005, 08:05 AM
Simon and I are definitely coming over from Bristol - it's been so long - might even bring a cake to celebrate!!!!!!! :D

Simon would like to book a few dances with you Minnie, if your 'card' isn't full already!!!

See you there
Elaine
Well that definitely does it - SEE YA ALL ON SUNDAY
- really looking forward to seeing you and Simon again, it has been so long :sad: and extra looking forward to that dance :clap: :clap: (maybe more than one :innocent: ) with Simon AND to give you both a victory hug :clap: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :clap:

latinlover
27th-July-2005, 08:50 AM
Mrs Latinlover and I will be be attendance, :clap: accompanied by Birthday Cake on the occasion of her **th birthday which is today :flower:
we are going to see Ewan McGregor in Guys nDolls tonight WooHoo :clap:
TWK can I please book a birthday dance for her? :cheers:

Sparkles
27th-July-2005, 09:09 AM
Happy Birthday Mrs Latinlover! :hug:

Will be at the Jango T-dance (of course :rolleyes: ) but am debating on not bringing cakes this time - so many people are already bringing them and last time I had 20 left :sad: - so maybe it's time to let other people demonstrate their culinary expertise :flower:

S. x

ElaineB
27th-July-2005, 09:14 AM

Will be at the Jango T-dance (of course :rolleyes: ) but am debating on not bringing cakes this time - so many people are already bringing them and last time I had 20 left :sad: - so maybe it's time to let other people demonstrate their culinary expertise :flower:

S. x

Culinery expertise - moi? Nahhhh...........Waitrose! :rofl:

You are the Queen of the cakes Sparkles and don't let anyone steal your crown! :worthy:

Elaine

Sparkles
27th-July-2005, 09:19 AM
You are the Queen of the cakes Sparkles and don't let anyone steal your crown! :worthy:

Thanks, but I fear it's already too late - a certain cheesecake provider :whistle: steals my thunder at every turn :what: :wink: .

S. x

latinlover
27th-July-2005, 09:57 AM

S. x

please don't let me put you off-I'm sure the only reason you had stuff left over last time was that we & the twins weren't there!
i only felt it would be the done thing to bring a cake, but if it stops you working your magic I will forget the idea!

Missy D
27th-July-2005, 09:58 AM
I will be there! Hopefully, i can drag sis along too! So beware of the cat fur ball cakes! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just had a thought! Is it still at Kent House! :confused:

dee
27th-July-2005, 11:28 AM
I will be there! Hopefully, i can drag sis along too! So beware of the cat fur ball cakes! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just had a thought! Is it still at Kent House! :confused:

Oi !!!! dont forget you have a cat now so beware of your fur ball cakes too :drool:

Icey
27th-July-2005, 04:41 PM
I've heard rumours that Jango is mega complicated and as a beginner cerocer I'm concerned that I won't be able to do it :tears: Will people be dancing ceroc in the freestyle or will they be doing the Jango-thing? Or is it all much of a muchness?

Is is a similar set up to the HMS Pesident tea dance?

ChrisA
27th-July-2005, 05:01 PM
I've heard rumours that Jango is mega complicated and as a beginner cerocer I'm concerned that I won't be able to do it :tears: Will people be dancing ceroc in the freestyle or will they be doing the Jango-thing? Or is it all much of a muchness?

Is is a similar set up to the HMS President tea dance?

Re Jango (which is just a fusion of Jive and Tango, so there are tango-style moves woven in), there will be some aspects of the lesson that you'll find difficult, for sure (the Tango-y bits I expect), but don't let difficulty in itself put you off. :hug:

The way I look at it is this...

...if the lesson is hard, adjust your expectations of yourself.

Try and ditch the standard MJ thing of "getting the routine" in the class, and think instead of the moves being taught as a vehicle to improve your dancing, not an end in themselves.

Aim to pick up just a few things that will change your dancing for the better, and then plan to practise them wherever you can. It doesn't matter how large or how small these things are - if you absorb a little, every time you go to a class, then over time they will all mount up, and it won't matter whether you "get the routine" or not.

You won't be dancing the routine with the guys that dance with you anyway - the freestyle bit is just like any other MJ night. Except often with better (albeit fewer) dancers, and almost always with better music. :flower:

Minnie M
27th-July-2005, 05:04 PM
Mrs Latinlover and I will be be attendance, :clap: accompanied by Birthday Cake on the occasion of her **th birthday which is today :flower:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS. LATINLOVER :flower: :kiss: :hug:
all those yummy cakes :tears: :tears: :tears: I'll have to starve myself of calories all week now

Sparkles you cakes are really yummy, I love your giant rock cakes they are the bestest :yum:

Clive Long
27th-July-2005, 05:06 PM

You may have mixed T-Jive (Sunday) with Jango(monday)

Same people different format. Think of T-Jive as a free-style with very good dancers - an opportunity not a reason not to go - and cake of course :drool:
Looks like the world and his wife will be there.

And everything that Chris A wrote about Jango.

HTH

Clive

LMC
27th-July-2005, 05:11 PM
You may have mixed T-Jive (Sunday) with Jango(monday)

That would be my fault - sorry Icey - I think my "informant" thought I was talking about Jango Monday but has basically just re-iterated what Chris A said.

So see you all there :)

Advance notice: practice and feedback on my following/tension/framing please :flower:

Feelingpink
27th-July-2005, 05:12 PM

Mega-complicated? Not usually. It is often a lot about lead and follow and the moves are different from Ceroc, but then if you wanted the same things you're already learning, you wouldn't be thinking about coming. Come along, break out of your comfort zone and I suspect it will be easier than you think. Amir, Will and Kate (and this Monday, Divi) are all divine and patient teachers and a friendly bunch go along ... what do you have to lose? (well, apart from your waistline on the cakes ... :drool: ).

As far as being similar to the President tea dances, Kent House doesn't have a sloping dance floor, nor does it move around in rough weather ... unless you're sampling those cheap beers that Will keeps talking about :devil:

It is all about people enjoying good dancing (tango/jive/whatever), good music and good company with a cuppa. :hug:

Minnie M
27th-July-2005, 05:18 PM
..... It is all about people enjoying good dancing (tango/jive/whatever), good music and good company with a cuppa. :hug:
and yummy cakes :clap: :drool: :worthy:

Icey
27th-July-2005, 05:22 PM
Okeydokely, I'll be there with my learning hat on :nice:

Feelingpink
27th-July-2005, 06:25 PM
Okeydokely, I'll be there with my learning hat on :nice:I hope it's not too much competition for Toby Wan Kenobe's flowery one!

Missy D
27th-July-2005, 06:54 PM
Is it still at Kent House?

ChrisA
27th-July-2005, 06:58 PM
Is it still at Kent House?

Yes !!!!

Missy D
28th-July-2005, 09:22 AM
Yes !!!!

Thanks Chris was beginning to think i was invisible!

Save me a few dances! :flower:

Lory
28th-July-2005, 10:08 AM
Thanks Chris was beginning to think i was invisible!

Did someone just say something :confused: :wink:

I hope to be there too! :clap:

Minnie M
28th-July-2005, 03:36 PM
wot is going on ????

received this today ??? Did anyone else get it ??

Too late tho - It's Kent House this Sunday :clap: :clap: not sure if I should update my list :what:

Dear Lynda,

Did you realise that Wednesday was the coldest July day for 25 years!

The forecast is bleak for the weekend.... severe weather warnings issued by the Met Office!

Not ideal conditions for frollicking in the Park or basking in a Beer Garden!!

Never fear because we have decided to shatter the 'summer blues' by arranging a 'Beat the Blues Sunday Afternoon Freestyle' at Ashton's.

THIS SUNDAY 31st July 2005.

Doors open 2.00pm >> dance your blues away untill 6.30pm
Entry £7.00 on the door

Ashton's Galtymore Ballroom,
194 Cricklewood Broadway NW2
on the service road to B&Q adjacent Beacon Bingo.
(Willesden Green tube & Cricklewood Thames Link)

Come along, release some endorphines and warm yourself up!!

Zebra Woman
28th-July-2005, 03:51 PM
wot is going on ????

Too late tho - It's Kent House this Sunday :clap: :clap: not sure if I should update my list :what:

Yeah wot is going on?

I was at Ashtons last night and don't remember any mention of a Tea dance. Did I miss something? I chatted to Bob (excellent set :hug: ) at the end and he didn't mention it either. :confused:

Very odd.

There's short notice and short notice! :angry:

(sorry Martin :blush: :flower: )

ZW

under par
28th-July-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah wot is going on?

I was at Ashtons last night and don't remember any mention of a Tea dance. Did I miss something? I chatted to Bob (excellent set :hug: ) at the end and he didn't mention it either. :confused:

Very odd.

There's short notice and short notice! :angry:

ZW

Sounds very much like a spoiler to me!!!! :angry:

Sparkles
28th-July-2005, 04:02 PM
wot is going on ????

I got that too - but I agree, too late!
Anyway, there's no way I'd miss the TwK experience at the T-dance (he's even promised me a dance :whistle: :clap: :flower: ).

S. x

Gus
28th-July-2005, 06:00 PM
Sounds very much like a spoiler to me!!!! :angry:

I would hope that after all that has been said that this is not the case. My thoughts are, if people have been properly informed, these are two very different events with very different attendees. Ashtons seems to cater for the mainstream Cerocers and T-Jives cater for more select group that appracite TWK's music. I think people would have a clear preference for one or the other and so there hopefully isnt much poaching. Having said that, it is still annoying when someone puts an event on the same day as an existing event,regardless of motive :(

Lory
28th-July-2005, 06:17 PM
Having said that, it is still annoying when someone puts an event on the same day as an existing event,regardless of motive :(
But IMO I think Jango's is in the unique position, where it may actually 'benefit' from Ashtons opening on the same day! :wink: Ya get me? :waycool:

DavidB
28th-July-2005, 06:35 PM
But IMO I think Jango's is in the unique position, where it may actually 'benefit' from Ashtons opening on the same day!I get it. You mean that Gus might go to Ashtons...

El Salsero Gringo
28th-July-2005, 06:49 PM
But IMO I think Jango's is in the unique position, where it may actually 'benefit' from Ashtons opening on the same day! :wink: Ya get me? :waycool:Absolutely. Cricklewood is absolutely wonderful at the weekend. Everyone should definitely go to Ashtons. It's simply *the* place to be this Sunday.

:whistle:

LMC
28th-July-2005, 07:37 PM
:devil: Nice try ESG

But the others have just done too good a job selling Jangos and my current ineptitude is matched by my determination to improve it :D

Cruella
29th-July-2005, 10:54 AM
Not sure where you're getting your info from Di, but AFAIK (mailing list and website) there is no Chill Out Lounge on the 31st. But then again I am a man, so I have been known to be wrong...........once. :whistle: Anyhow, Jango T-Jive for me. The call of the Kenobe Dance Experience is drawing me in...... :waycool: :waycool: :worthy:

I guess that now means you've been wrong twice! :hug:
Forgot to tell you about my premonitions and ESP. :rofl:

Missy D
29th-July-2005, 07:22 PM
Not sure where you're getting your info from Di, but AFAIK (mailing list and website) there is no Chill Out Lounge on the 31st. But then again I am a man, so I have been known to be wrong...........once. :whistle:

Just got an email from Ceroc today saying Ashtons is on Sunday! :clap:

lindyloo
29th-July-2005, 08:52 PM
Just to let you know Ashton's is on this Sunday.

The C.O.L was originally booked and hence the reason it was on all the lists. However it was decided that maybe it should be cancelled if it's really hot, and this is what we did, but the venue have persuaded us to run it, so we have decided at short notice just to do a big freestyle day. (on the basis that the weather report is bad!)

dee
30th-July-2005, 11:53 AM
Just when i thought i had nothing to do, not been dancing for a while now i cant wait!!! hope you will be going to Ashtons sis? :cheers:

Missy D
30th-July-2005, 01:17 PM
Just when i thought i had nothing to do, not been dancing for a while now i cant wait!!! hope you will be going to Ashtons sis? :cheers:

I will be! Call you later! still at work!

LMC
31st-July-2005, 07:38 PM
oooooooh, way out of my league - but fascinating to watch and always such a privilege to dance with Really Good Dancers who can help me improve - special thanks to Chris A for further coaching, ESG for advice on footwork and Rhythm King for proving that I *can* double spin.

Maybe I'll brave the class next month... :D

Icey
1st-August-2005, 08:35 AM
I'm in agreement with Newkid. The Jango class was amazing to watch and maybe next month I'll be brave enough to have a go.

ChrisA, thankyou for the dances - I learnt loads from you in just 3 tracks. And Clive, that last dance was fab, can't wait for the next one.

ElaineB
1st-August-2005, 09:43 AM
Well, Mark, Lizzie, Simon and I all had a wonderful time at Hammersmith - so many good dancers!!!!!!!!

Oh and Will, I did tell the Mrs that you were an excellent lead in the class..........that's a fiver you owe me! :wink:

Elaine

under par
1st-August-2005, 09:52 AM
Jango T Dance was brilliant. :worthy: :worthy:

Somebody will make themselves a millionaire who can bottle that ambience and and atmostphere and sell it to the masses. :clap: :yeah:

Cakes fantastic, music truely TWK awesome(so sorry you are leaving TWK), caberet WOW!, lesson great, dancing and dancers simply the best.

Laughter at restaurant after dance brilliant

Cruella
1st-August-2005, 11:02 AM
I have just one complaint. It was all over too soon So many fab dancers in one room, it was heaven. :drool: Unfortunately i didn't get to dance with everyone i'd like to. But will definately go again. Just a shame TWK won't be DJ, his music never fails to inspire. :worthy:

Lory
1st-August-2005, 12:56 PM
I have just one complaint. It was all over too soon So many fab dancers in one room, it was heaven. :drool: Unfortunately i didn't get to dance with everyone i'd like to. But will definately go again. Just a shame TWK won't be DJ, his music never fails to inspire. :worthy: :yeah:

I must just pay tribute to Purple Sparkler as well, for giving me one of the best laughs I've had in ages.... :worthy:

She was dancing with someone (a NON forumite I believe) who happened to be about 18ins shorter than her and as far as I could tell, was dancing on another planet. :eek: OH yes, he was going for it! :D Her face was a picture, one of sheer bemusement! :what: :confused:

Then I caught her eye and we started to giggle. :rofl: How she held it together I'll never know, cos if it was me, i'd have wet myself! :blush: :rofl:

Im so sorry PS, I was no help at all! :na: :D :flower:

latinlover
1st-August-2005, 01:08 PM
I have just one complaint. It was all over too soon So many fab dancers in one room, it was heaven. :drool: Unfortunately i didn't get to dance with everyone i'd like to. :

:yeah:

actually, there is one element of the TWK experience I won't miss................
that Bl**dy awful sara brightman song "time to say goodbye"
he always finishes with :eek:
I hate it so much it means I always forego the last dance :mad:

Sheepman
1st-August-2005, 01:32 PM
I've heard rumours that Jango is mega complicated and as a beginner cerocer I'm concerned that I won't be able to do it :tears: I think apprehension, maybe even fear, :eek: is something many people feel on trying a new venue. The t-jive was packed with so many good dancers, I hope you enjoyed your first time, I certainly enjoyed our dance :flower:

And Toby's "farewell" set certainly pulled out all the stops, I think I stood out for just one track in 2 and 1/2 hours. Loads of fab, new (to me) stuff as well! :clap:

But I'm with Latinlover on that "Time To Say Goodbye" final track, even if I've had some of my silliest ever dances do it...

No one has mentioned Johnny's cabaret spot so far. As ever the man is awesome! :worthy: Give me another couple of lifetimes and I might be able to pull off a couple of those moves :tears:

Greg

ElaineB
1st-August-2005, 02:05 PM
:yeah:

I must just pay tribute to Purple Sparkler as well, for giving me one of the best laughs I've had in ages.... :worthy:

She was dancing with someone (a NON forumite I believe) who happened to be about 18ins shorter than her and as far as I could tell, was dancing on another planet. :eek: OH yes, he was going for it! :D Her face was a picture, one of sheer bemusement! :what: :confused:

Then I caught her eye and we started to giggle. :rofl: How she held it together I'll never know, cos if it was me, i'd have wet myself! :blush: :rofl:

Im so sorry PS, I was no help at all! :na: :D :flower:

Oh, I know who you mean!!! He is the one who dances so solo, that I think if you sat down for a couple of seconds, he wouldn't notice!!!!! I was dancing over by Georide Ed and cast glances in his direction for 'help - damsel in distress', but perhaps it came out more like a bemused grin, as no-one came to my rescue!! :rofl:

Elaine

Icey
1st-August-2005, 05:34 PM
I think apprehension, maybe even fear, :eek: is something many people feel on trying a new venue. The t-jive was packed with so many good dancers, I hope you enjoyed your first time, I certainly enjoyed our dance :flower:

I certainly did enjoy the whole afternoon and also our dance, I'll try to get another next time I see you. :)

Minnie M
1st-August-2005, 07:20 PM
Well, Mark, Lizzie, Simon and I all had a wonderful time at Hammersmith - so many good dancers!!!!!!!!

Oh and Will, I did tell the Mrs that you were an excellent lead in the class..........that's a fiver you owe me! :wink:

Elaine

Lovely to see you and Simon :flower: and please thank Simon for those yummy dances, it's been so long - have really missed you guys :hug: :kiss:

Great afternoon :clap: thanks to Amir, TWK & Divi :cheers: :clap: :hug: :kiss: and of course Sparkles for cakies :kiss: and who-ever made the other cake :yum: :yum:

(there was no supa dupa cheese cake :tears: got there early to make sure I got some this time :tears: I hear there was a accident in the kitchen :whistle: )

ElaineB
3rd-August-2005, 09:03 PM
Help - lost clothing!

Did anyone pick up a black lace ballet style top from the Tea Dance at Hammersmith last Sunday. If so, it would really like to be reunited with it's owner!

Many thanks

Elaine

Paul F
21st-September-2005, 10:59 AM
Well, as far as I can tell this little dilemma is upon us once again this weekend.

Sooooo, as there are no weekenders going on (i dont think) who is going to which?

I really really want to experience the t-jive flava for the first time :) but Ashtons goes on so much longer :o
I know its not quantity ist quality but the extra time really makes a difference.

what to do, what to do :rolleyes:

Is there no way we can put pressure on the t-jive organisers to extend the times ? :devil:

dee
21st-September-2005, 11:12 AM
Well, as far as I can tell this little dilemma is upon us once again this weekend.

Sooooo, as there are no weekenders going on (i dont think) who is going to which?

I really really want to experience the t-jive flava for the first time :) but Ashtons goes on so much longer :o
I know its not quantity ist quality but the extra time really makes a difference.

what to do, what to do :rolleyes:

Is there no way we can put pressure on the t-jive organisers to extend the times ? :devil:

I've not been to the t-jive for quite some time (about a year) but when i did go i seemed to have learned alot of different dance moves and had a really great time socialising and eating plenty of yummy food which i also used to enjoy contributing to. :drool: i know what you mean about the times, and why is it all these things seem to be on the same day :mad:

For me again, i will be going to Ashtons which i also really enjoy and it also gives me a chance to meet up with my sister missyD :hug:

If you go to Ashtons i hope to see you there :flower:

Paul F
21st-September-2005, 11:32 AM
I think the main sway for me would be the music.

Is the music at Ashtons and T-Jive slow, chilled, almost bluesish (made up word) music or is it mixed/mainstream etc?

Sparkles
21st-September-2005, 12:52 PM
Although I've never been to Ashton's it is called the 'Chillout Lounge' which suggests to me "bluesish" (great word!) music, but maybe someone who has been before would be better equipped to say...
The DJ at the T-jive is no-longer fixed, so you never quite know what to expect - although I have heard on the grapevine that there's an awesome DJ lined up for this Sunday :waycool:.

Personally, me and my carrot cake will be at the T-jive. Hope to see you there :flower:.

S. x

Icey
21st-September-2005, 12:58 PM
Last month at the T-Jive I felt totally out of my depth but did learn an awful lot in the class. I know the out-of-my-depthness is a great motivator to getting better but I might also fancy an afternoon at I'm-comfortable-here Ashtons.

Hmmm, requires further pondering I think.

LMC
21st-September-2005, 01:01 PM
Last month at the T-Jive I felt totally out of my depth but did learn an awful lot in the class. I know the out-of-my-depthness is a great motivator to getting better but I might also fancy an afternoon at I'm-comfortable-here Ashtons.

Hmmm, requires further pondering I think.
Well you are learning the ways of the fence, young one.

I didn't do the class at the last T-jive so am still not sure whether I'm up to it :blush: - but I love the atmosphere there, always have fabulous dances and it's a pleasure to sit and watch people.

However, Ashtons is attractive for the reasons Icey mentioned plus the extra time also noted...

Rachel
21st-September-2005, 02:30 PM
T-Jive!!!!! Come on LMC & Icey, we'd really love to see you there ....
Rachel

Dizzy
21st-September-2005, 02:36 PM
Ok, that's swayed it for me.

Now that i have found out who the DJ is - I will be at T-Jive too.

See you all there.

ps. can't wait to taste your carrot cake, Sparkles. :yum:

LMC
21st-September-2005, 02:36 PM
Rachel, you are just tooooo lovely :hug: :flower:

I must admit I am tottering on my fence here (maybe it's the fuzzy head that's making me weak?).

Would I be permitted to bring flapjack?

Paul F
21st-September-2005, 02:43 PM
Ooooooo I really really really want to do the T-Jive.
2.5 hours of freestyle versus 4 hours though.

:sick: :sick:

I just dont know.

Msfab
21st-September-2005, 03:14 PM
Well its got to be the T-jive!!!

Great atmosphere and venue, good class with kate and amir, different music and of course the tea and cakes! :clap:

I hope to be there, but not sure on what form im going to be after my flight from australia! :whistle:

Paul F
21st-September-2005, 03:23 PM
Right. T-Jive it is.

I have had a look round for other dancing that night and have found an advanced class night in Godalming of all places.
Looks like a good venue so at least I can carry on my dancing if I crave more after the T-Jive.

Now all I have to do is decide whether its best to do the M25 -> M4 -> A4 route to Hammersmith or the M3 -> A316 -> A4
Its one long round of decisions :grin:
(im not good with traffic :mad: )

wicked blue
21st-September-2005, 03:23 PM
Will certainly be in attendence for the Jango T jive - have dance withdrawals after being away for three weeks!

C you all there :nice:

Msfab
21st-September-2005, 03:29 PM
Right. T-Jive it is.

I have had a look round for other dancing that night and have found an advanced class night in Godalming of all places.
Looks like a good venue so at least I can carry on my dancing if I crave more after the T-Jive.

Now all I have to do is decide whether its best to do the M25 -> M4 -> A4 route to Hammersmith or the M3 -> A316 -> A4
Its one long round of decisions :grin:
(im not good with traffic :mad: )

I always like the m25 -> m4 route, I think its the fastest well at least when im driving! :wink:

Sparkles
21st-September-2005, 05:08 PM
Right. T-Jive it is.

:clap: :clap:
Please come and say hello and save me a dance :flower:
S. x

Paul F
21st-September-2005, 05:14 PM
:clap: :clap:
Please come and say hello and save me a dance :flower:
S. x

I want to but I have will have to rely on someone pointing you out!

Right then, who do I know that may know you who is going????

RACHEL?? :flower:

Sparkles
21st-September-2005, 05:18 PM
I want to but I have will have to rely on someone pointing you out!

Right then, who do I know that may know you who is going????

RACHEL?? :flower:
I'll be the SPARKLY one! :waycool: :rolleyes:

Yes, Rachel and I know each other, with any luck she'll do the introductions :flower:

See you Sunday.
S. x

Sheepman
21st-September-2005, 06:28 PM
I'll be the SPARKLY one! :waycool: :rolleyes: I hope you're quite sure about that! :wink:
Look forward to a dance with Rachel, you won't find it so easy to avoid me at the t-jive as you did at Southport :devil:

Greg

dee
21st-September-2005, 06:48 PM
The T-jive is sounding more and more appealing what with Sparkles carrot cake and the offer of flap jacks :drool: not forgetting all the lovely dancers that seem to be going, would rather give up the extra hours dancing for all the above plus the chance to join in on Kate and Amirs fab classes. Only one problem for me i don't know my way around London and don't have a clue how to get there :sad: must try and persued sis to bring me one day soon.

Rachel
22nd-September-2005, 09:03 AM
...Yes, Rachel and I know each other, with any luck she'll do the introductions :flower:

See you Sunday.
S. xDefinitely!

Look forward to a dance with Rachel ... Love to!!
R. xx

Paul F
22nd-September-2005, 09:10 AM
Hmmm,

After going to kent house last night I now realise just how small it really is. :what:

It wouldnt take very many couples dancing in there to cause it to get a little crowded.
Think I will have to do a bit of fence sitting now as Ashtons is starting to look more appealing :sick:

Sparkles
22nd-September-2005, 10:34 AM
Think I will have to do a bit of fence sitting now as Ashtons is starting to look more appealing :sick:
Charming!

Feelingpink
22nd-September-2005, 10:40 AM
Hmmm,

After going to kent house last night I now realise just how small it really is. :what:

It wouldnt take very many couples dancing in there to cause it to get a little crowded.

Are you considering how many dancers would also be cosied up around the edges of the room having a good chat over tea, cake and biscuits?

Paul F
22nd-September-2005, 10:48 AM
Are you considering how many dancers would also be cosied up around the edges of the room having a good chat over tea, cake and biscuits?

:grin: yes, there is that.

think I had better put off deciding until the very very last minute ie.as i approach the M4 junction on the M25 :) Its the only way.

Zebra Woman
22nd-September-2005, 08:07 PM
Amir's T Dance for me....I have to be there for Marc's DJ debut :clap:

See you all there :cheers:

and YOU TOO Paul F!

ZW :flower:

Rhythm King
23rd-September-2005, 10:28 AM
I have family business in Cornwall, but if I can get back in time, then it's the T-Jive, no question :yum: .

R-K

Tessalicious
23rd-September-2005, 10:33 AM
I'll be at T-Jive, if everything goes as planned anyway, since I missed all but the last ten minutes of it last month. Looking forward to seeing you all :hug:

Cruella
23rd-September-2005, 05:26 PM
:sick: :sad: :tears: :tears: :tears: :sick: :( :sad:
Can you tell i'm gutted not to be going.

Katie
23rd-September-2005, 05:51 PM
Hmmm,

Ah, but you might be able to dance with a few more west coasters at the T-Jive.... (btw we had a couple of good west coast swing dances at Southport) I'll be there for sure!

Paul F
24th-September-2005, 02:11 AM
Ah, but you might be able to dance with a few more west coasters at the T-Jive.... (btw we had a couple of good west coast swing dances at Southport) I'll be there for sure!

Ah! Katie. :hug: :hug:

I was delighted when I found out you are , well, you :grin:

Really enjoyed dancing with you at Southport and Paul W had many nice things to say about you when we were chatting. :clap:
You are a fantastic dancer but i dont believe we have ever danced before Southport have we?

we need to make up for it sunday. I am going to head to the tea-dance. Rachel and mark were very convincing tonight too :cheers:

Im worried now that there's going to be so many people there that I will have to dance in the bar :grin: At least it will keep the old man who sits in the corner with his 3 hour long pint of beer entertained.

Minnie M
24th-September-2005, 06:40 PM
Amir's T Dance for me....I have to be there for Marc's DJ debut :clap:

See you all there :cheers:

and YOU TOO Paul F!

:yeah: me too :clap:
If Paul can make it - my 160'ish miles (round trip) is no excuse :flower:

see ya there folks :clap: :clap: looking forward to seeing Rachel & Marc haven't seen them since June Soutport :tears:

- Little Nick will get me there no problem (my GPS) -

Mary
24th-September-2005, 10:28 PM
Sadly we are not going to be able to make Kent House this time. Bit gutted 'cos it sounds like there are going to be lots of lovely people there.

Also a shame not to do a bit of WCS with Paul F.

Have a great time everyone and DON'T tell me what I missed. :mad: :tears:

Also good luck to Marc in his DJ debut at the T-dance.

M

Paul F
25th-September-2005, 12:57 AM
If Paul can make it - my 160'ish miles (round trip) is no excuse :flower:

I dont have that far to go now im living down south :clap:

I moved to Surrey about 2 weeks ago. Lovely leafy Surrey. I get to see lots of it while sitting in the constant traffic jams :rolleyes:

All in all its a 52 mile round trip for me to hammersmith :clap:

Im looking forward to tomorrow now. Dissapointed you are not there Mary. :sad: :sad:
Im sure it wont be that good anyway. You wont miss much. I hear its just 2 and a half hours of tom jones :sick: :devil: :devil:

Lory
25th-September-2005, 10:13 AM
its just 2 and a half hours of tom jones :sick: :devil: :devil:
That's enough to sway me :wink: see you all there! :clap:

Icey
25th-September-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm afraid the call of homework and being a dutiful daughter won the decision this afternoon. I was very good and did several hours of work and then went to see my parents only to find out that they had gone to watch my sister attempt go-karting. They hadn't even invited me! :mad: :mad: I wish I had been selfish and gone to T-Jive now :tears:

I hope you all had a fabulous afternoon and I shall try to make the next one.

Rachel & Marc, I'm so sorry to have missed your DJ-ing debut, I'm sure it was a wonderful success and I hope to see you guys in action soon.

LMC
25th-September-2005, 05:55 PM
I hope you all had a fabulous afternoon and I shall try to make the next one.

Rachel & Marc, I'm so sorry to have missed your DJ-ing debut, I'm sure it was a wonderful success and I hope to see you guys in action soon.
:yeah: x lots

(Although in my case the only dutifulness was keeping my nasty germs to myself.)

Paul F
25th-September-2005, 07:00 PM
! WOW !

Paul F
25th-September-2005, 07:03 PM
There is not much I want to add to that statement but just to clarify -

Just come back from the Jango t-jive. How did I ever miss that these things were going on :what: :blush: :blush:

Warm, friendly atmosphere. Awesome jango class taught by Amir. Music that was absolutely to die for.

Marc and Amir - :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :worthy: In addition, some truly wonderful dancers. :drool:

Here I am (in a different post) advocating the introduction of a night that targets those that are slightly more experienced without even realising what Jango is.

For now I want to say a big thankyou to Amir, Kate, Marc and anyone else that was involved for putting on such a fantastic afternoon. :cheers:

under par
25th-September-2005, 07:38 PM
! WOW !

:yeah: :yeah:
Funny enough that is what Mrs Par said just now when she came home.

Tiggerbabe
25th-September-2005, 07:46 PM
Funny enough that is what Mrs Par said just now when she came home.

Yeah, but that was because you were there to greet her :D

Lory
25th-September-2005, 07:52 PM
I'd like to say congratulations to Marc, you played fab set mate! :worthy:

We could have done with a few more men :rolleyes: but the quality of the ones we had was simply superb! :drool:

Minnie M
25th-September-2005, 08:26 PM
Just come back from the Jango t-jive.......Warm, friendly atmosphere......... music that was absolutely to die for.

Marc and Amir - :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :worthy: In addition, some truly wonderful dancers. :drool:
:yeah: :worthy: :yeah: :worthy: :yeah:
Marc you were FANTASTIC !!! didn't hear a bad track - all great (and some challenging :clap: )

And what a great crowd as Paul said, lovely warm friendly people - and thank you guys for all my fabby fabby dances :drool:

just seen Lory's post

I'd like to say congratulations to Marc, you played fab set mate!
We could have done with a few more men but the quality of the ones we had was simply superb!

:yeah: in both cases :yeah: :worthy:

under par
25th-September-2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah, but that was because you were there to greet her :D

Or it could have been what I was wearing!!! (or not!!) :rofl:

NO NO NO it was definitely the Tjive experience

Dizzy
25th-September-2005, 08:51 PM
There is not much I want to add to that statement but just to clarify -

Just come back from the Jango t-jive. How did I ever miss that these things were going on :what: :blush: :blush:

Warm, friendly atmosphere. Awesome jango class taught by Amir. Music that was absolutely to die for.

Here I am (in a different post) advocating the introduction of a night that targets those that are slightly more experienced without even realising what Jango is.

For now I want to say a big thankyou to Amir, Kate, Marc and anyone else that was involved for putting on such a fantastic afternoon. :cheers:

I have just had a FABULOUS afternoon at T-jive.

It was so nice to meet to so many forumites for the first time and danced to great tunes with great dancers!! :clap: :flower:

p.s. had another dance with Marc and was FANTASTIC!! :worthy:

Cruella
26th-September-2005, 08:45 AM
! WOW !
Do you all have to be so cruel :tears: Rubbing it in for us who couldn't make it to the Tjive. Can't you just lie and say it was rubbish Pleeeease :sad:

ducasi
26th-September-2005, 11:03 AM
Do you all have to be so cruel :tears: Rubbing it in for us who couldn't make it to the Tjive. Can't you just lie and say it was rubbish Pleeeease :sad:
Well I hear from a friend of a friend's sister, who knew a guy who was working next door to it, that the folks at the bar thought they overheard someone saying something was rubbish.

So on that basis, I think we can conclude it really wasn't worth going to.

:flower:

Rachel
26th-September-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm still walking on air after yesterday and the dances I had, and the people had a chance to talk to, and (well, I would say this, of course) the music!

It almost seems wrong to be able to be so indulgent - playing all the music you really love, not compromising at all, and for other people to actually like it!

Alison & Lory – thank you so much for introducing the idea of Marc dj'ing there. And I know Marc's also eternally grateful to Toby and everyone who's helped him along the way with music & encouragement. Not forgetting Martin for the loan of his equipment, etc.

And, Amir – what a leap of faith to trust in some guy that you'd barely even heard dj'ing before! Hopefully it all went just as you would have wished.

It was just a shame there were so few men early on. I would love to have done the class, but with more than double the number of women, sitting out and talking to Lory seemed to be the more attractive option.

Thankfully more men turned up later – many of whom I didn't get a chance to dance with. But I did still have some brilliant dances – I was learning so much with every single dance I had. Every different person's lead, style, interpretation … all wonderful.

What a fantastic way to spend a Sunday, huh?!

Sorry, Cruella, couldn't help but post this! Missed you there! Next time, you'll make it, though, yes?

Rachel

Paul F
26th-September-2005, 04:42 PM
Thankfully more men turned up later.....

I was suprised that more men were not there earlier.

The class, taught by Amir, was fantastic. As someone who has only done brief amounts of Tango in the past I found the class to be challenging, interesting and, as a result, quite rewarding. Not sure how much of it I will use in freestyle but, for me, its the concept of having to use my brain to think of the different aspects that is of benefit - rather than the moves themselves.

Although there were some obscure analogies brought up (egg hitting wire fence :confused: :confused: :rofl: ) having the option of taking part in such classes I thought would appeal to most.

Some guys just dont know whats good for them :D

Cruella
26th-September-2005, 07:06 PM
Sorry, Cruella, couldn't help but post this! Missed you there! Next time, you'll make it, though, yes?

Rachel
I'll forgive you Rachel. :flower: Had some PMs telling me they missed me, which makes me feel all warm inside. (Or could it be that it was quiet, no laughing disturbing the class maybe? :innocent: ) Need to know the date of the next one so i can book it in advance with hubby.

Zebra Woman
26th-September-2005, 07:40 PM
YEAH WOW!!!

What a fab afternoon :clap: ...Great atmosphere , amazing dances(thanks everyone), yummy carrot cake (thanks Sparkles :hug: ).

Marc certainly lived up to my expectations (I only worked at fixing him up DJing at the T jive for my own selfish reasons :blush: ). He kept the faith and played a blinding set :clap: :clap: :clap: . Well done Marc :worthy: - the first of many assignments I hope. Plus we had the added bonus of having TWK at our disposable to dance with! A win win situation :grin:. And the gorgeous Divi did not have to end the evening dragging a bin liner around collecting our rubbish...BIG BIG PLUS :hug: :hug:

The only problem was there seemed to be loads of extra women this time, yeah twice as many I think :sick: .

Lory
26th-September-2005, 09:30 PM
(I only worked at fixing him up DJing at the T jive for my own selfish reasons :blush: ).
:yeah: :wink: Ditto....And he didn't let us down! ;) :cheers: :)

LuLu
26th-September-2005, 10:28 PM
I went along to Jango T Dance yesterday for the first time (incidentally this is also my first post on the forum so obviously feeling a bit brave at the moment). Although somewhat daunted when I first arrived, the friendliness, great music and amazing dancing made for a really enjoyable afternoon and so can't wait for the next one. Thanks to all for making me feel welcome and especially to the lovely guys for my excellent dances. :kiss:

Lory
26th-September-2005, 10:43 PM
I went along to Jango T Dance yesterday for the first time (incidentally this is also my first post on the forum so obviously feeling a bit brave at the moment). Although somewhat daunted when I first arrived, the friendliness, great music and amazing dancing made for a really enjoyable afternoon and so can't wait for the next one. Thanks to all for making me feel welcome and especially to the lovely guys for my excellent dances. :kiss:
Congratulations on your first post Lulu (you've been lurking for a while, haven't you :wink: ) It was nice to meet you yesterday :hug:

Paul F
26th-September-2005, 10:53 PM

Hi Lulu :flower:

First of many posts I hope.

Bit upset I didnt get to meet you :sad: or did I :confused:

Minnie M
27th-September-2005, 04:59 PM

Welcome to the forum LuLu (aka Louise) sorry I didn't introduce you to all the forumites on Sunday, too busy enjoying myself as it was such a good afternoon. Hope you got your quota of dances in :flower: as there were a few more girlies than men, but as Lory said above, quality not quanity is important :blush:

Paul F, was dancing with Boozy Bird (aka Helen) when we arrived.