PDA

View Full Version : Chat-up lines...

Jayne
17th-December-2002, 02:08 PM
Well it's that time of year again when some of us go out, get merry and ... well.. you know... :rolleyes: :devil:

A girl I work with was approached by a guy in a club last night who came out with one of the best lines I've heard in a long time...

"I realise that you've come here with someone, but if you're not happy with your choice then I'll just be over here..."

:grin:

I was wondering if anyone had any others they wanted to share? (I'll post my personal favourite later...)

Jayne
:nice:

BTW - I know that there are e-mails that go round with shed loads of chat-up lines. Could you refrain from posting the entire lot in one post please? Let the other kids have a go... Besides which, I want to hear your favourites! J :wink:

Gadget
17th-December-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
I was wondering if anyone had any others they wanted to share? (I'll post my personal favourite later...)one of the better ones I have actually heard used...

"15 ton polar bear" - "Eh?" - "15 ton polar bear" - "what?" - "15 ton polar bear - it's the best ice breaker I could think on while plucking up the courage to talk to you."

Dreadful Scathe
17th-December-2002, 03:11 PM
I think thats less to do with the line and more to do with the person saying it and HOW they say it. Without some sort of charisma or 'delivery' if its a jokey line, youll get nowhere - a place Im familiar with :)

I dont think Ive ever used a 'line' in my life - 'Would you like a dance?' always worked but thats a question rather than a line and getting a 'No' is no big deal and can of course lead to a conversation. Of course this was when i didn't know what a partner dance looked like :),

Id be more interested in hearing the worst attempts ever :).

Jayne
17th-December-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
one of the better ones I have actually heard used...

"15 ton polar bear" - "Eh?" - "15 ton polar bear" - "what?" - "15 ton polar bear - it's the best ice breaker I could think on while plucking up the courage to talk to you." There's a variation on this one: "How much does a polar bear weigh?" "don't know" "neither do I but it breaks the ice...". Although this variant is more likely to produce a groan then you'll see the back of the girl's/guy's head as (s)he walks away... :tears:

Jayne

Dreadful Scathe
17th-December-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
back of the girl's/guy's head as (s)he walks away... :tears: Are you suggesting that Girls would use lines like that ? Wow. Ive never heard the like (probably reserved for the really good looking guys:) )

Jayne
17th-December-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Are you suggesting that Girls would use lines like that ? Wow. Ive never heard the like (probably reserved for the really good looking guys:) ) I didn't want to suggest that only blokes could use crass lines. I've never come out with a corny line of course.... :wink:

Jayne

Dreadful Scathe
17th-December-2002, 03:39 PM
Now is the time for all witnesses to Jaynes cheesy chat up lines to come forward :D :D

Jayne
17th-December-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Now is the time for all witnesses to Jaynes cheesy chat up lines to come forward :D :D Damn! This is going to cost me a fortune to keep you all quiet isn't it?.. :rolleyes:

Jayne

Graham
17th-December-2002, 04:01 PM
Come to think of it, didn't Robert let one of yours slip in the "things you'll never hear" thread? :wink:
(Here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=6114#post6114)'s a reminder :devil: )

Jayne
17th-December-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Come to think of it, didn't Robert let one of yours slip in the "things you'll never hear" thread? :wink:
(Here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=6114#post6114)'s a reminder :devil: )

errrmm.. anyone know a good defence lawyer???

Jayne

TheTramp
17th-December-2002, 04:40 PM
Several. I've had to use them several times already!!

Steve

Ronde!
5th-January-2003, 06:27 AM
This one was recounted by a lady friend on New Years Eve...

"I know you came with someone tonight, but if you decide you're not happy with your choice... I'll be over there."

YEEEEOW! :sick:

Fox
5th-January-2003, 03:02 PM
bloke swaggers over to a girl and asks "what's small, round and comes from brazil?"

girl replys "coffee??"

bloke says, "great!!, your place or mine?"

hehehe
Fox
:wink:

Dave Hancock
5th-January-2003, 05:10 PM
I might not be Fred Flinestone, but I bet i could make your bed rock!

John S
5th-January-2003, 06:06 PM
"Could I have the next dance, please? My name's Viktor."

Sal
6th-January-2003, 05:19 PM
This happened about six months ago, but I am still indignant!

Chatting to a friend of a friend in a club.

Him: I would like to kiss you.

Me: (politely) I am an engaged woman.

Him: That's ok, I am not jealous!

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
7th-January-2003, 12:20 PM
A guy in Bristol once said 'you're my kind of girl, fancy a sh*g later?' (honest) and I unfortunately spilt my drink over him

Dreadful Scathe
7th-January-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Siobhan
A guy in Bristol once said 'you're my kind of girl, fancy a sh*g later?' (honest) and I unfortunately spilt my drink over him

I knew a guy who used this exact technique but as he was fairly good looking he got a result eventually - one result a night was all he was looking for. Course, we are all of a higher class than that in here (i hope so anyway :) )

TheTramp
7th-January-2003, 03:24 PM
And just to disprove DS's theory (about us being higher class.....).

How about:

You know how they say that men who drive porsches do so because they have small penises.

Well, I ride a bike!!

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
7th-January-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

Well, I ride a bike!!

hah. Ive got roller blades ;)