PDA

View Full Version : Lory's Birthday Bash at Harrow

SilverFox
21st-July-2005, 04:44 PM
So come on then, names in the frame please.

Tessalicious
21st-July-2005, 04:51 PM
So come on then, names in the frame please.Technically, of course, I'll be washing my hair, and then I'll be there, and I might even bring cake too...

Northants Girly
21st-July-2005, 04:53 PM
I wish I could come but I'm going here (http://www.musicalassociates.co.uk/duxford.html) for an evening of outdoor music, picnic, wine . . . . . . (hic) :)

Cruella
21st-July-2005, 05:06 PM
Me, me, me and i'll be wearing a hat SF just for you. I'll leave the boots at home though. :rofl: Last i heard Lucy Locket and ZW are coming too.

Little Em
21st-July-2005, 05:14 PM
when is this?

Lory
21st-July-2005, 05:14 PM
Me :blush:

:cheers:

Cruella
21st-July-2005, 05:17 PM
when is this?
You're going to be to busy getting loved up!! :kiss: It's this saturday.

Lory
21st-July-2005, 05:20 PM
By the way I can assure you all, there WILL be cake and you'll be glad to hear, I'm not making it! :D

Little Em
21st-July-2005, 05:23 PM
You're going to be to busy getting loved up!! :kiss: It's this saturday.

ooohhh!! i thought it was the 30th !!! :tears:

save me some cake! :cheers:

ill have to make do with fri instead... not quite the same though eh Di!!!! :rofl:

E x

Clive Long
21st-July-2005, 05:50 PM
Seeing I have no hair to wash, I'm only left with the option of going. :wink:

:clap: BTW

Clive

Cruella
21st-July-2005, 05:59 PM
ooohhh!! i thought it was the 30th !!! :tears:

save me some cake! :cheers:

ill have to make do with fri instead... not quite the same though eh Di!!!! :rofl:

E x
Not unless any forumites want to come and give Biggleswade a shake up on friday. Trust me if i wasn't demoing i wouldn't be going. :eek: Will be good to have you and Steve there though, i'm sure we can make it fun between the four of us.

Zebra Woman
21st-July-2005, 06:04 PM
Yes I'm coming :clap: ...and Miss Conduct and Captain Fantastic too I think. Looking forward to watching Lory do her Birthday dance.

( I am bringing a blindfold incase she wants it :devil: )

DianaS
21st-July-2005, 06:11 PM
I';ll be at Beach Boogie But I'll have an extraq smoochy dance for Lory!!!
Weh Hey Have a good one gal!!

Paul F
21st-July-2005, 07:59 PM
It sounds great but unless there is a very generous forum bod who is willing to put me up for the night I will have to pass :tears: :tears: I seem to be spending a bit too much on hotels and transport to and from London recently. Its worth it though :wink:

I will be going to the tea dance on the HMS thingy on the Sunday afternoon though :clap: I have wanted to do that for so long.

Danielle
21st-July-2005, 08:23 PM
I';ll be at Beach Boogie But I'll have an extraq smoochy dance for Lory!!!
Weh Hey Have a good one gal!!

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
but have a fab evening!!!! wish i could be there :hug: :hug:

Lucy Locket
21st-July-2005, 10:23 PM
Me, me, me and i'll be wearing a hat SF just for you. I'll leave the boots at home though. :rofl: Last i heard Lucy Locket and ZW are coming too.

I might not be able to make it. Since Sunday been feeling headachey & dizzy, not been into work today & going to dose myself up tonight & try & shake this thing off. Something has been going round at work & knocking people out for a good week, think it's my turn. Drove to supermarket, bought newspaper & came home today, couldn't manage anything else. It's the dizzyness that's bothering me, never felt like this before. :sad:

Robin
21st-July-2005, 10:57 PM
Me :blush:

:cheers:

Is that as in Harrow - ceroc london Harrow ?

LMC
21st-July-2005, 11:20 PM
Technically, of course, I'll be washing my hair, and then I'll be there
:yeah:

looking forward to it :clap:

Dizzy
22nd-July-2005, 09:34 AM
I'll be there!! :clap:

(Now I have to find the perfect 'Beach' outfit!! :na: )

Zebra Woman
22nd-July-2005, 11:47 AM
Is that as in Harrow - ceroc london Harrow ?

You mean the Kodak Centre where there's a beach theme and

Robin and Tezi are the DJs? (information at ceroclondon.com)

We are relying on you to be the DJ!

I do hope you aren't planning to stay in and wash your hair that night. :whistle:

Lou
22nd-July-2005, 12:07 PM
Sorry, dearheart - I'll be at Weston-super-Mare. :blush: But I know you'll have alovely time. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Purple Sparkler
22nd-July-2005, 12:37 PM
Myself and the little Aussie Firecracker will be there. Hey, Dizz, are we allowed that lift?

Robin
22nd-July-2005, 01:25 PM
You mean the Kodak Centre where there's a beach theme and

Robin and Tezi are the DJs? (information at ceroclondon.com)

We are relying on you to be the DJ!

I do hope you aren't planning to stay in and wash your hair that night. :whistle:

Well all mine's been shorn off - so it would be a pretty lame excuse anyway - tezi could use it though - but methinks she wants to wear a bikini ! - or was that I wanted her to wear one ..? :whistle:

We will be there - minus laptop so only manual djing ! ;)

Purple Sparkler
22nd-July-2005, 05:11 PM
Well all mine's been shorn off - so it would be a pretty lame excuse anyway - tezi could use it though - but methinks she wants to wear a bikini ! - or was that I wanted her to wear one ..? :whistle:

We will be there - minus laptop so only manual djing ! ;)

Hey, any chance of your playing 'Cry To Me' by Solomon Burke? You CAN dance to it- Mick Wenger used it in class yesterday at Fulham. Or anything else from Dirty Dancing (yes, I am perfectly aware this is the same thing I asked for last Friday at Ashtons but I don't care.)

Robin
22nd-July-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey, any chance of your playing 'Cry To Me' by Solomon Burke? You CAN dance to it- Mick Wenger used it in class yesterday at Fulham. Or anything else from Dirty Dancing (yes, I am perfectly aware this is the same thing I asked for last Friday at Ashtons but I don't care.)

We Wouldn't know - we weren't there - [plug mode on]had a djing night at cheshunmt - 200 odd people and a fun latin class - 'twas brill ! [plug mode off]

I'm sure we could russle up Mr Burke for you - its on our regular cd's - or something from the 2 cd's of the film that we have stashed way !

Lory
22nd-July-2005, 06:06 PM
Good news girls, Paul F's coming! :clap:

Paul F
22nd-July-2005, 07:15 PM
Good news girls, Paul F's coming! :clap:

:blush:
Time for everyone to suddenly remember they had a prior engagement :nice:

Yep, i will be there due to the kindness of a very special forumite :flower: :flower:

Im looking forward to it. Hopefully this time it wont take me 5 and a half hours to drive from Leeds to London :tears: :tears: (friday afternoon and there was loads of traffic - who would have guessed :blush: )

Captain Fantastic
23rd-July-2005, 09:43 AM
I'll be there, just need to get a lift from J15.

:whistle:

Cruella
23rd-July-2005, 11:12 AM

Don't worry i'll be picking you up ( i don't normally pick up strange men at the roadside) just waiting to confirm times with ZW

Minnie M
23rd-July-2005, 11:12 AM
I will be there too now :clap: :clap:

Missy D
23rd-July-2005, 11:20 AM
I will try my hardest to come tonight!

Icey
23rd-July-2005, 05:30 PM
I'll be there too, maybe not in beach attire, but there all the same.
It'll be nice to meet some of you forumites in the flesh if I get the chance.

Also, Happy Birthday to Lory!!! :cheers:

Cruella
24th-July-2005, 11:17 AM
Had a great night , cheers for organising this Lory. :clap: Hope you had a great time too. I'm sure you enjoyed your dance with the half naked man. :whistle:

LMC
24th-July-2005, 11:39 AM
Had a great night , cheers for organising this Lory. :clap: Hope you had a great time too. I'm sure you enjoyed your dance with the half naked man. :whistle:
:yeah:

Fab time :clap: :clap:

And a big THANK YOU to ChrisA - learned more from 3 tracks worth of coaching from you than I have out of a 4 hour workshop :worthy: (just got to try to remember & put it into practice now :rolleyes: )

Daisy
24th-July-2005, 12:01 PM
Lovely night thanks Lory. Glad we could make it in the end and nice to see so many lovely people. Hope you enjoyed your evening.

LOL Jane & Ray xxx :hug:

Lory
24th-July-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm sure you enjoyed your dance with the half naked man. :whistle:
Yeah, what was all THAT about :confused: but I heard after that he'd kindly volunteered himself to be smothered in ice-cream and have girls come up to the stage and lick it off him, :really: :sick: so I think I got off lightly really! :whistle: :rofl:

I had a great night though and was surprised at how many of you turned up, some from great distances like the Southcoast the Midlands and PaulF from oop north :cheers: to all of you! :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :hug:

I had some fabulous dances! :worthy:

Minnie M
24th-July-2005, 12:13 PM
Lovely night thanks Lory. Glad we could make it in the end and nice to see so many lovely people. Hope you enjoyed your evening.
:yeah: me too, worth the long journey :flower:

Dizzy
24th-July-2005, 12:53 PM

:yeah: :yeah:

Had a fabulous night and it was so nice to meet so many forumites finally. Hope to see you all again soon. :hug:

ChrisA
24th-July-2005, 01:04 PM
And a big THANK YOU to ChrisA - learned more from 3 tracks worth of coaching from you than I have out of a 4 hour workshop :worthy: (just got to try to remember & put it into practice now :rolleyes: )
It was a pleasure..

Happy to help :flower:

Zebra Woman
24th-July-2005, 01:07 PM

Yes Lory I did bring a blindfold with me for your Birthday dance but I was just too slow off the mark...before I knew it the naked man was gyrating infront of you in his grass skirt... :what:

What's a girl to do - but get right back at him with her own gyrations ! :drool: :worthy: :clap: Very sexy.

I had a wonderful night, and so long too. :cheers: :clap: I was so over the moon to hear that there was no class so there was total freestyle all the way. And fab music from Robin and Tezi (thank you for the birthday requests guys :flower: ) .

I think I only sat out two dances all night - which resulted in me fitting the beach theme really well. I looked like I'd just been swimming :sick:

Sorry everyone :hug:

bobgadjet
25th-July-2005, 01:06 AM
Glad you had a great time, but sad Janet and I could not be with you. It was my turn to be in Poole, and we had a good time also.

Belated Happy Birthday, and see you soon

Luv'n'stuf
Bob & Janet
:flower::hug::kiss:

Icey
25th-July-2005, 12:21 PM
I had a fab time on Saturday - it was great to meet you all in the real world and thankyou also to all the guys that danced with me. I haven't been dancing all that long so I've got a lot to learn and you were all really patient with me.

I've got a big, fat bruise on my foot to show where I came off second best in a minor disagreement with someone else's heels. Then would you believe it I was "got" again on the same foot at HMS President yesterday.

Thanks Dizzy for telling me about this venue, I really enjoyed it. Will try to make the next one.

Paul F
25th-July-2005, 05:18 PM
Just got back home to Bradford form my latest London venture.

Really good weekend :clap: :clap: :clap:

I can honestly say I enjoyed every dance I had on Saturday at Harrow. :cheers: :cheers: Great to put even more faces to names!

Sunday was really good too, aboard the HMS President. I really wasnt sure what to expect but it turned out to be really good. The social side of it was superb with the seperate bar/food area along with the mountain of food provided! :eek: :eek:

The dancing was brilliant. I was a bit unsure as I walked onboard with the bobbing up and down but I soon got used to it :blush:

Now all they need is a Ceroc banner facing the Thames. So many people going past on the sighseeing tour watching , no doubt wondering, what it is!! :D (or maybe get a big one and drape it across tower bridge).

I will look forward to my next venture down South.

Just incase anyone is up the NorthWest way this next weekend, Saturday we have a special freestyle in the 'Romiley Forum Theatre'. Promises to be a top night :clap:

cerocmetro
26th-July-2005, 08:37 AM
I had a wonderful night, and so long too. :cheers: :clap: I was so over the moon to hear that there was no class so there was total freestyle all the way. And fab music from Robin and Tezi (thank you for the birthday requests guys :flower: )

Happy birthday Lory :kiss: :kiss: :hug: sorry couldn't have been there. Noticed you had the best DJ's around :whistle: Where is there regular slot?

Adam

latinlover
26th-July-2005, 09:02 AM
Noticed you had the best DJ's around :whistle: Where is there regular slot?

Adam

I feel bound to say I found the music relatively ordinary ( waits to be flamed)
sorry :blush:
I had quite a good night, dances with lovely ladies, but nothing particularly inspired me,I'm afraid guys.
I was feeling quite low - the only reason I was there was that our daughter had had a car accident(she wasn't hurt) and had therefore decided to baby-sit rather than go to work - and I was really hoping that a good dance courtesy of well- reknowned DJs would cheer me up..........
Maybe my expectations were unrealistic, maybe my mood was too black, but there you go :flower:

Dizzy
26th-July-2005, 09:44 AM
Thanks Dizzy for telling me about this venue, I really enjoyed it. Will try to make the next one.

That's ok, Icey. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. Sorry I had to bail early. :tears:
I hope to see you again soon. :flower:

sorry
I had quite a good night, dances with lovely ladies, but nothing particularly inspired me,I'm afraid guys.
I was feeling quite low - the only reason I was there was that our daughter had had a car accident(she wasn't hurt) and had therefore decided to baby-sit rather than go to work - and I was really hoping that a good dance courtesy of well- reknowned DJs would cheer me up..........
Maybe my expectations were unrealistic, maybe my mood was too black, but there you go

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter and I hope that she is ok. I didn't manage to grab you for a dance on saturday ( :tears: not for the want of trying), not that it would have improved you evening!!
I hope that you have a better night the next dance night. :hug:

Robin
26th-July-2005, 06:50 PM
I hope that you have a better night the next dance night. :hug:

Which just happens to be this Saturday at Finchley !

hehe

Minnie M
26th-July-2005, 07:13 PM

Thank you for that fabby dance :worthy: and what a lovely surprise to find out you are a forumite :clap: .... I look forward to another please :flower:

sorry
Maybe my expectations were unrealistic, maybe my mood was too black, but there you go

Sorry to hear about your daughter LL, it is still very scary even if you are not phyically hurt.

There were a few of us not our 'normal selves' on Saturday
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5954&page=1&pp=20

However, I was still pleased I made it and considering the mood I was in, I still had a good time (eventually)

(BTW the slap around the face didn't cause bruising, thank goodness)

jockey
26th-July-2005, 07:15 PM
I came up with Danielle and we both had a very good night. Thanks for invite, Lory, and thanks to everyone who gave me a dance. :clap: