PDA

View Full Version : blindfolded in Southport.

under par
20th-July-2005, 02:23 PM
Yes, I love it but it looks so silly!

I'd love to be blindfolded in a room full of leads that I know well and see if I can guess who's who! by lory

From another thread.

Anybody up for some fun on Sunday afternoon at Southport in the blues room. :cheers:

Blindfolded dancing with various partners and see if you can work out who your leader is. :eek:

I am sure John and Wes won't mind us using a small area in that room. :flower:

Little Monkey
20th-July-2005, 03:11 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Count me in!!!!

But as I won't know the names of that many people, I think I'll loose.... But have fun in the process!!!!!

Monkey

Rebecca
20th-July-2005, 04:18 PM
Sounds like fun. Does it work the other way around too? That you guys will guess your follower?

I would probably be identified by the regularity with which I say "oops, sorry" :blush: I think you too may well be identifiable U.P. :flower:

Cruella
20th-July-2005, 04:18 PM
by lory

From another thread.

Anybody up for some fun on Sunday afternoon at Southport in the blues room. :cheers:

Blindfolded dancing with various partners and see if you can work out who your leader is. :eek:

I am sure John and Wes won't mind us using a small area in that room. :flower:
Damn wish i was going now, i was always good at pin the tail on the donkey. Is there a need for handcuffs too. :devil:

Yogi_Bear
20th-July-2005, 04:24 PM
Sure, sounds cool... :waycool:
That's probably how my partners often feel, anyway...not knowing where they should be... :grin:

drathzel
20th-July-2005, 04:26 PM

Count me in!!!!

But as I won't know the names of that many people, I think I'll loose.... But have fun in the process!!!!!

Monkey
:yeah: :yeah: me too :clap: !!!!!!

Lynn
20th-July-2005, 05:31 PM
I would probably be identified by the regularity with which I say "oops, sorry" :blush: Maybe not, they might hear that from me too! (Though the NI accent would give me away!).

Great idea UP, I'd give it a go!

Lory
20th-July-2005, 05:34 PM
Count me in!!!!

:yeah:

We should have teams, men against women... :wink:

Blindfold one man and one woman, then choose random people to send in, once each person has guessed correctly or passed, we send in the next, see who wins? :cool: :D

I'll probably give myself away by laughing though :rolleyes: :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
20th-July-2005, 06:01 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun - I'd join in :D

Zebra Woman
20th-July-2005, 06:06 PM
Oh yes this sounds like a lot of fun!! :clap:

I'd like to play 'pin the tail on the donkey' too...

Is the donkey coming to Southport?

El Salsero Gringo
20th-July-2005, 08:21 PM
Oh yes this sounds like a lot of fun!! :clap:

I'd like to play 'pin the tail on the donkey' too...

Is the donkey coming to Southport?Not this Donkey.

under par
20th-July-2005, 08:28 PM
Not this Donkey.
WHY !!

Are you not turnip up at Southport? :whistle:

Andreas
20th-July-2005, 08:59 PM
Sounds like fun. Does it work the other way around too? That you guys will guess your follower?

That depends. I am not sure how many followers like to be 'accidentally' touched in indecent spots. :rofl:

Sparkles
21st-July-2005, 09:26 AM
Not this Donkey.

Afraid you might enjoy it? :yum:

El Salsero Gringo
21st-July-2005, 12:33 PM
Afraid you might enjoy it? :yum:My Calvinist upbringing means I could never countenance such concentrated Fun for an entire weekend. I already have to spend my non-dance evening sitting in an ice-cold bath having my toenails pulled off as penance.

Lory
21st-July-2005, 12:42 PM
My Calvinist upbringing means I could never countenance such concentrated Fun for an entire weekend. I already have to spend my non-dance evening sitting in an ice-cold bath having my toenails pulled off as penance.
OOOh fear not, I'm sure we can think of a few alternatives, to make you suffer equally at Southport, couldn't we girls? :wink:

David Bailey
21st-July-2005, 02:11 PM
My Calvinist upbringing means I could never countenance such concentrated Fun for an entire weekend. I already have to spend my non-dance evening sitting in an ice-cold bath having my toenails pulled off as penance.
I'm confused, are you a turnip or an ass now? Avatar says one thing, sig another... or maybe your hybrid? Scary thought...

Purple Sparkler
21st-July-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm confused, are you a turnip or an ass now? Avatar says one thing, sig another... or maybe your hybrid? Scary thought...

An Assnip? Or a Turnkey?

IF there are tickets left for Southport and IF I can get a job sorted :tears: then I'd be well up for this. But could we maybe do a partner swap rotating dance beforehand, so that we've got a pretty good shot at guessing?

Feelingpink
21st-July-2005, 03:17 PM
OOOh fear not, I'm sure we can think of a few alternatives, to make you suffer equally at Southport, couldn't we girls? :wink:

We could banish ESG to a kitchen whip up a gourmet midnight feast & breakfast in a crisp white apron? :devil:

El Salsero Gringo
21st-July-2005, 03:22 PM
We could banish ESG to a kitchen whip up a gourmet midnight feast & breakfast in a crisp white apron? :devil:A crisp white apron... and nothing else?

(It has been said that I do a mean omlette, by the way.)

Lory
21st-July-2005, 03:36 PM
A crisp white apron... and nothing else?

You can wear a hat! :devil:

Purple Sparkler
21st-July-2005, 03:51 PM
A crisp white apron... and nothing else?

Bags I ESG in his apron to do midnight snacks in the Singleton Sofa Chalet (should there be one- SpinDr suggested it and I like the idea!).

Can we have bacon sandwiches though? Or maybe chips and mayonnaise... or a Chocolate Nemesis... :drool:

fletch
22nd-July-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm up for it, wont have danced for 9 weeks by the time I get to Southport :sad: my style may have changed along with my new shape :whistle: but i'm unforgettable :wink:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-July-2005, 06:43 PM
You can wear a hat! :devil:
What kind of hat, Lory? :D

Lory
22nd-July-2005, 07:11 PM
What kind of hat, Lory? :D
Erm.. I dunno, whaddayathink of this one? :confused: :whistle:

Lucy Locket
22nd-July-2005, 09:06 PM

Count me in!!!!

Monkey

oh boy!!! i can see i'm gonna have to keep an eye on u :whistle:

Little Monkey
22nd-July-2005, 10:53 PM
oh boy!!! i can see i'm gonna have to keep an eye on u :whistle:

Who? Me???? Nooooooooooo........... I behave all the time! :innocent:

Honest..................

Badly! :devil:

JonD
23rd-July-2005, 02:25 PM
I'll be there. Can we up the stakes a bit? Let's steal Nelson's "anti-bouncy hand" exercise. You hold a paper cup three quarters full of water in your lead hand while taking your partner through various moves. Beginner moves to start with and I wouldn't recommend hand changes.

Probably best if followers remain blindfolded for this one so leaders have got a reasonable chance of escape if it all goes horribly wrong. I'll ask Julie to bring along a hairdryer and I'm sure the venue will provide a mop and bucket!

Feelingpink
23rd-July-2005, 09:43 PM
Got confirmation of our places for Southport - with FoxyLady and former muggle Jo. Our chalet will henceforth be known as either the vixens' den or minxes' palace - likely to be the epicentre of activity involving red wine, good cake and Pink Martini.

What I want to know is who is supplying the blindfolds and what will they be made of? Black velvet? Pink silk? If ESG offers Calvinist ones made from sackcloth, I don't want to play :blush: but it does sound like fabulous fun. I fully intend to take my practising earlier in the weekend very seriously. :clap: :clap:

Zebra Woman
24th-July-2005, 01:19 PM
Erm.. I dunno, whaddayathink of this one? :confused: :whistle:

:drool:

Is that ESG just before we pin the tail on him??

:devil:

SilverFox
24th-July-2005, 01:31 PM
Did someone say vixen's den? ..........*sniff, sniff, sniff* :drool: :drool:

Zebra Woman
24th-July-2005, 01:34 PM
Did someone say vixen's den? ..........*sniff, sniff, sniff* :drool: :drool:

Do you not already have enough 'bitches' Mr Fox?

:whistle:

Groovy Dancer
24th-July-2005, 02:05 PM

Do you not already have enough 'bitches' Mr Fox?

:whistle:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

did I say :yeah: ?
:rofl:

Feelingpink
24th-July-2005, 03:24 PM
Did someone say vixen's den? ..........*sniff, sniff, sniff* :drool: :drool:Entrance is by presentation of wine, cake or cocktail :wink:

Daisy
24th-July-2005, 03:29 PM

Kate, Janine and I plucked Will's eyebrows last year. :really: ....you've never seem a man sqirm so much. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SilverFox
24th-July-2005, 03:51 PM
Entrance is by presentation of wine, cake or cocktail :wink:I'm in! Step aside laydeeez :clap: :clap: :clap: :devil: