PDA

View Full Version : Competition Open Day Workshop - 31st July, Perth.

Franck
20th-July-2005, 02:10 PM
As the Scottish Champs are approaching fast, I have decided to try a different format of workshop and run an Open Day (though booking is required).
The themes of the different classes will be focused on competing, but you don't need to be competing (or indeed to have a fixed partner) to join the day, there will be plenty to learn for everyone.

We will run specialized classes and workshops in 2 rooms with 4 different teachers. Learn Flash moves, Dips and Drops, Style and footwork in the main hall, whilst another teacher takes a smaller style / technique 'Clinic' in the second room. Each class / workshop lasts 1.15 hours and you can make your own programme:

11.00am to 12.15: Main Hall-> Lorna's Style Storm Moves -- Back Room-> Choreography & musicality Clinic with Franck.
12.30pm to 1.45: Main Hall-> Deep Drops with Steve (Tramp) -- Back Room-> Finishing Touches with Lorna.
2.00pm to 3.15: Main Hall-> Flash Arm Tangle Moves with James -- Back Room-> Scoring with the Judges (Steve Tramp).
3.30pm to 4.45: Main Hall-> Dips & Drops Smooth entries & exit with James. -- Back Room-> Travelling Moves & Footwork with Franck.

Cost for the full day is £25.00 per person and booking is essential! :waycool:

Sparkles
20th-July-2005, 02:55 PM
Sounds like a dream day :drool: - wish I could come :sad: - it should be the answer to all competitors prayers!

S. x

ducasi
31st-July-2005, 10:46 PM
I went to this workshop, and have a really great time. I don't think it's greatly improved my chances of glory come September, but who knows? :wink:

I've written some more about it on my blog. (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/07/31/mega-workshop/) Please take a look and leave a comment. :nice:

Big thanks to Franck and all the teachers and demos for all their fine work! :clap:

Piglet
31st-July-2005, 11:18 PM
Totally agree with Ducasi!

Fab day! Wasn't sure how it would work having 2 workshops working simultaneously, but I enjoyed the breather in the back room (must be my age!)

Just wish I wasn't going away for 2 weeks so that I could practise some of the excellent ideas that was shared by all teachers and demos taking part.

Many thanks guys you did us proud,

Pamela :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Baby Peaches
1st-August-2005, 01:37 AM
It is 1.30 in the morning and I have just finished practicing some of the styling techniques etc that I recorded on the camcorder.....now that's addiction!!! Doesn't mean I can do them right enough but it's great fun trying. :)

I really enjoyed the workshops today and it was a really good idea allowing folks to choose which one they wanted to go to. :worthy:

Shazzie P.

Piglet
1st-August-2005, 06:41 AM
Welcome to the forum Baby Peaches.

Can't believe that you were up to 1.30 but maybe its a habit you can't get out of now :rofl:

It was lovely to meet you and I hope all goes splendidly well back in Norway!

Pamela :hug: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :hug: :flower: :flower: