PDA

View Full Version : Go on...click on me. You know you want to.

RachD
20th-July-2005, 10:02 AM
We all love to dance, but what would you say is the next best thing? What else rocks your boat?

I can think of many, but to start off, how about skiing down a mountain in the brilliant sunshine with a view to die for? :nice:

Sparkles
20th-July-2005, 11:34 AM
Floating over gorgeous landscapes in a hot air balloon - done it twice and would do it again in an instant if I had the chance! :clap:

S. x

Damien
20th-July-2005, 11:49 AM
Walking through a rainforest after a light shower with sunlight glistening through the canopy.

LMC
20th-July-2005, 11:54 AM
oooh, another nice positive thread :nice: - just what the doctor ordered

Being with one or more friends/loved ones on a nice pebbly beach, just hanging out, listening to the surf and enjoying the (mandatory) sunshine. Picnic optional, proper seaside fish'n'chips a bonus.

(it has to be a pebbly beach so you can do skipping stones)

Sheepman
20th-July-2005, 12:11 PM
Taking big air on a black run, wondering if I'm going to survive this one...

Greg

under par
20th-July-2005, 12:14 PM
Getting a hole in one. :D

Seeing the ball sail over the ravine, pitch in the green and roll tentatively towards the flag................................

......then to see the little white blob disappear from view. :yeah:

Starts getting wallet out see if he can afford to by everyone in the clubhouse a drink. :cheers:

RachD
20th-July-2005, 01:03 PM
Floating over gorgeous landscapes in a hot air balloon - done it twice and would do it again in an instant if I had the chance! :clap:

S. x

I would LOVE to do that! Is it very expensive? I won a ticket to go up in a hot air balloon when I was a girl guide ( :blush: ), but it was cancelled due to bad weather conditions. ( :sad: )

RachD
20th-July-2005, 01:07 PM
oooh, another nice positive thread :nice: - just what the doctor ordered

Being with one or more friends/loved ones on a nice pebbly beach, just hanging out, listening to the surf and enjoying the (mandatory) sunshine. Picnic optional, proper seaside fish'n'chips a bonus.

(it has to be a pebbly beach so you can do skipping stones)

....or perhaps a yummy Cornish pasty on a sunny cliff of Cornwall, wind breezing through your hair? :nice: (and hopefully no hungry seagulls looming!)

RachD
20th-July-2005, 01:21 PM
Walking through a rainforest after a light shower with sunlight glistening through the canopy.

Lovely image! :nice:

Ballroom queen
20th-July-2005, 01:36 PM
Taking big air on a black run, wondering if I'm going to survive this one...

Greg

doing the mens downhill in 5 minutes

Shall we go back next year??
:clap: :clap:

Lory
20th-July-2005, 01:58 PM
Quad biking through shallow streams in a remote location in The Dominican Republic and like Sheepy's skiing experience, wondering if we'd live to tell the tale. :really: :clap:

Flying in a Microlight, with a nutter for a pilot! :what:

The only way I can describe it, its like sitting in a very flimsy open go-kart but your in the air, instead of on the ground. (It's a very weird experience to have to place your feet on the pedals of a duel control craft and to feel them moving, it's quite unnerving I can tell you. :sick: I kept getting a very involuntary urge to push one! ) :blush: :rofl:

djtrev
20th-July-2005, 02:04 PM
I am sure you expected it,but didn't particularly want it but my answer has to be,love and affection from my wife.Its priceless.It really does rock my boat.

Sorry to go all soppy on your thread Rach.

djtrev
20th-July-2005, 02:09 PM
Qoute from Loryand
like Sheepy's skiing experience, wondering if we'd live to tell the tale.

Flying in a Microlight, with a nutter for a pilot!

The only way I can describe it, its like sitting in a very flimsy open go-kart but your in the air, instead of on the ground. (It's a very weird experience to have to place your feet on the pedals of a duel control craft and to feel them moving, it's quite unnerving I can tell you. I kept getting a very involuntary urge to push one! )

Heaven's Lory,RachD wanted to know what rocks your boat not what would help to fill it!!!

djtrev
20th-July-2005, 02:45 PM
Julie and I are avid watchers of the Tour De France.We try not to miss a days racing for the whole 3 weeks
I have to say that the arial shots of France during those 3 weeks I do find quite breathtaking at times.

Sparkles
20th-July-2005, 02:53 PM
I would LOVE to do that! Is it very expensive? I won a ticket to go up in a hot air balloon when I was a girl guide ( :blush: ), but it was cancelled due to bad weather conditions. ( :sad: )

It depends where you go and how long you're up for (if you'll pardon the expression :blush: ).
I went once over the countryside around Bath - amazing, especially seeing Royal Victoria Park and the Abbey from the sky - and once over the Arizona desert at dawn - breathtaking, an experience I wouldn't have missed for the world, even though it meant being up before 4am! :really:

My advice would be BOOK IT NOW! depending on who you go with it's about £120 I guess, including transport back to the launch site at the end of the trip and champagne while you're up there :cheers: .

S. x

Little Monkey
20th-July-2005, 03:08 PM
Doing an interesting and exposed rock climb, feeling the adrenaline rush through your body, then get to the top and enjoy the fantastic view and fresh air - and the fact that you're still alive!!! :cool:

Or this one (which happened to me a couple of years ago): Go sea-kayaking on a gorgeous summer's evening from St. Andrews, then return as the sun is setting (blood red) in the horizon, sea as calm as a mirror, and dolphins playing around your kayak.......... I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!!

I like the skiing one, too! :cheers:

Also think hillwalking in winter is fantastic, with knife edge ridges covered in crisp white snow, against a deep blue sky.... Get to the top, enjoy lunch and a steaming mug of hot chocolate, then bum-slide most of the way down from the top, chased by my nutter of a border collie!! :rofl: :clap: Definitely my favourite way of descending a mountain! :D

KatieR
20th-July-2005, 03:59 PM
I think getting on a horse and galloping as fast as the wind will take you through paddocks and fields, jumping fences and creeks and just going fast fast fast. :D

Sheepman
20th-July-2005, 04:04 PM
Julie and I are avid watchers of the Tour De France. Ooh that reminds me of another one, managing to cycle to the top of Ditchling Beacon on the London to Brighton bike ride without getting off. (This is the hill that the Tour de France cyclists complained was "harder than the Alps" when the tour came to Brighton in the '90s, there again, they did have to go up it 3 times!!)

Greg

Sheepman
20th-July-2005, 04:08 PM
And more -

Nailing a lap around Brands Hatch.

That's almost as good as beating all the traffic queues in London on a scooter! :D

Greg

Stuart
20th-July-2005, 04:22 PM
Completing the London Marathon (or any marathon come to that). The feeling of exhaustion is completely overshadowed by the exhileration of actually having finished it. The first sip of beer afterwards is nectar.

The morning after though is another matter!

djtrev
20th-July-2005, 05:02 PM
Quote from Sheepman
Ditchling Beacon on the London to Brighton bike ride without getting off. (This is the hill that the Tour de France cyclists complained was "harder than the Alps" when the tour came to Brighton in the '90s, there again, they did have to go up it 3 times!!)

Julie and I were there for that stage and I dont recall them going up it 3 times.
I do recall that Julie was 8 months pregnant at the time and she walked from the very bottom to the top.Bless her.

RachD
20th-July-2005, 05:03 PM
I am sure you expected it,but didn't particularly want it but my answer has to be,love and affection from my wife.Its priceless.It really does rock my boat.

Sorry to go all soppy on your thread Rach.

Not a problem. Nicely worded. :nice: I did expect someone to go what you guys here seem to call 'upstairs' at some point! I was going to put one of those child barriers up at the top of the stairs to stop that happening on this thread, but that would be mean, wouldn't it?

Lory
20th-July-2005, 05:20 PM
Boogie boarding with the kids in Cornwall, they were naturals! :worthy:

Sadly not the case for me and my Mum, I will never forget the expression on her face as she swam up to me seconds after momentarily losing her bikini bottoms :eek: :rofl:

That reminds me......... must go back to Cornwall one day soon! :rolleyes:

Sheepman
20th-July-2005, 05:26 PM
Julie and I were there for that stage and I dont recall them going up it 3 times. OK, I probably got it wrong, it was probably Wilson Avenue they went up 3 times, that's pretty well flat by comparison.

Greg

ChrisA
20th-July-2005, 05:42 PM
Climbing through a cloud layer when it's grey and miserable below, watching the fog outside change from dark grey to blinding white, seeing wisps of blue above, then suddenly emerging into brilliant, bright warm sunshine, with white cotton wool below as far as the eye can see, and deep blue above, apart from the contrails from traffic even higher.

Then dashing in and out of cloud tops at 140 miles an hour, past circular rainbows and aircraft shadows, alternately dipping one wing in a tall cloud, then the other wing in another one through a hard-turning three-dimensional chicane.

Then home, a descent into darkening gloom, the heaven above invisible to inhabitants of the cold grey below, an alternate world where it's hard to believe the other even exists... but it does.

Zebra Woman
20th-July-2005, 06:13 PM
Flat out on the wire enjoying a 3 sail reach in a Laser 4000 or similar in a Force 6 wind. Only the back metre of the boat is in the water the rest is flying.

Oh, and I have a lithe helm firmly gripped between my bare legs.

Male or female :innocent:

Petal
20th-July-2005, 06:40 PM
Being driven round Knockhill racing circuit at 140(plus) mph. :clap:

On a more sedate note, walking through the park on a brisk autumn day kicking my way through the leaves. :nice:

Peaches
20th-July-2005, 06:56 PM
Making the first tracks on the ski-runs at Glenshee while my hubby checked the ski areas. 7.30 in morning pure blue skies (honest) just me and absolute silence. Beautiful! :clap: :clap: :nice: :nice:And a bottle of wine in my rucksack for later :wink:

Gojive
20th-July-2005, 08:02 PM
CAVOK, Wind 5 Knots, RWY HDNG.

Rotate at 55 Knots, 70 Knot climb out to 1000' AGL. Maint 1000' AGL downwind (+/- 0'), 1 NM out. BUMFGHH Complete, approach steady 65 Knots, cross threshold at 50'. Flare at 20', power off, and grease it!. :D :waycool:

Oh, and the follow up.......nose wheel on yellow line for once! :wink:

If only I could do it like that!! :tears:

RachD
21st-July-2005, 01:08 PM
Doing an interesting and exposed rock climb, feeling the adrenaline rush through your body, then get to the top and enjoy the fantastic view and fresh air - and the fact that you're still alive!!! :cool:

Or this one (which happened to me a couple of years ago): Go sea-kayaking on a gorgeous summer's evening from St. Andrews, then return as the sun is setting (blood red) in the horizon, sea as calm as a mirror, and dolphins playing around your kayak.......... I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!!

I like the skiing one, too! :cheers:

Also think hillwalking in winter is fantastic, with knife edge ridges covered in crisp white snow, against a deep blue sky.... Get to the top, enjoy lunch and a steaming mug of hot chocolate, then bum-slide most of the way down from the top, chased by my nutter of a border collie!! :rofl: :clap: Definitely my favourite way of descending a mountain! :D

Reminds me of my Uni days in the climbing club.... climbing up to cloud in the Lakes, screeing down almost vertical slopes (dusty bum after!) and jumping streams to get back to the campsite to watch beautiful sunsets before cooking chilli for dinner and then popping to a quaint country local pub for a few! :nice: Hard to beat fresh mornings when you're camping too...the dewy smell of grass etc.