PDA

View Full Version : Inverness 23rd & 30th July

JoC
19th-July-2005, 12:18 AM
So who's coming up to Inverness? Seem to be a few Perth and Dundee bods that I know of. :grin:

Next question...where is it being held? :whistle:

Which will help with the last question, where are people staying or is everyone driving home afterwards?

It's gonna be great :clap:

(Franck if you let me know the details I thought of someone I can mention it to, who might be able to mention it to some other people up there :) )

(Sorry if I've missed all the details somewhere)

ducasi
20th-July-2005, 01:54 PM
I'd quite like to go this weekend if I can get there and back. Anyone from Glasgow planning a wee trip? Drathzel, you still thinking of going?

ducasi
20th-July-2005, 02:00 PM
Oh, I found the details from Franck's post (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133851&postcount=1)...

The regular Thursday class will begin in Inverness as of Thursday 1st September 2005. The venue is the Waterside Hotel, 19 Ness Bank, Inverness IV2 4SF. ( <http://www.thewatersideinverness.com/> ).

We are running two special workshops and dance evening on Saturday 23rd and 30th July. Those workshops will be targeted at complete Beginners and will help you build your confidence for the launch in September. The workshops will run between 2.00pm and 5.00pm on the Saturday afternoon and the cost is £10.00 per person.
The evening class / dance will start at 8.00pm and follow the format of a typical Ceroc class, with Beginners and Revision class followed by Freestyle until 11.00pm. Admission will be £6.00 (including membership) - anyone who attended the afternoon workshop will only have to pay £4.00. Gotta say, the venue looks quite fab. :nice:

drathzel
20th-July-2005, 02:03 PM
I'd quite like to go this weekend if I can get there and back. Anyone from Glasgow planning a wee trip? Drathzel, you still thinking of going?

possibly... if it is worth it... ie more than just 1 other person in the car. Other than that i am painting my garage!

JoC
20th-July-2005, 03:41 PM
Oh, I found the details
Oops... Thankyou!

drathzel
22nd-July-2005, 09:17 AM
Right i need one more person to give a lift to before i will venture up(this is due to the fact it will use a tank of petrol and be a very expensive day for me if i dont have nice peeps to share the petrol expense with me :D )! if ducasi is still coming that is! Any takers? :hug:

P.S Dont mind stoping in Stirling on the way! Am already stoping for a pick up in perth! :hug:

drathzel
22nd-July-2005, 09:26 AM
map quest says it will take 4 and a half hours! Is this correct? :hug:

John S
22nd-July-2005, 12:51 PM
Depends how fast you drive, obviously, but it shouldn't take you anything like that length of time.

Leaving Paisley (hope that's right?) and going via the M8/M80/M9 to Stirling, then to Perth and via the A9 to Inverness should be about three and a half hours, especially if you arrange to pick up your passengers at the service stations en route, eg Bannockburn and Broxden. If the sun's shining it's a lovely drive.

Try www.multimap.com for more info on route etc.

ducasi
22nd-July-2005, 01:08 PM
Right i need one more person to give a lift to before i will venture up(this is due to the fact it will use a tank of petrol and be a very expensive day for me if i dont have nice peeps to share the petrol expense with me :D )! if ducasi is still coming that is! Any takers? :hug: I'm still coming! (I have an alternative option that can use if you can't find anybody else though.)

What time will you be leaving?

drathzel
22nd-July-2005, 01:18 PM
Try www.multimap.com for more info on route etc.

multi map says 3 1/2 hours!
any takers? will need to know by tea time! :hug:

JoC
22nd-July-2005, 01:50 PM
any takers? will need to know by tea time! :hug:
If you don't have any takers I'll possibly have one space left in my car going from Perth.

JoC
22nd-July-2005, 04:50 PM
And...if anyone's wondering where they're going to get showered etc before the party, you can get a day pass for the Thistle Hotel leisure club, pool, sauna etc for £5, open until 8pm. Just don't forget your cozzie. :wink:

Petal
22nd-July-2005, 04:57 PM
It takes around 2 hours from Perth.

drathzel
22nd-July-2005, 05:46 PM
Ducasi? what are you other arrangments?

ducasi
22nd-July-2005, 06:28 PM
Ducasi? what are you other arrangments?
Replied by PM. :flower:

Dance Demon
22nd-July-2005, 07:18 PM
multi map says 3 1/2 hours!

Depends on how many caravans and juggernauts you get stuck behind..... :D

JoC
24th-July-2005, 04:04 PM
Inverness yesterday was :clap:

What a great bunch of beginners to get things going and a cracking workshop and class by Franck and Sheena. (I learned lots :) ) Venue was such a find! The dance room was ideal and the bar was :waycool: , could've quite happily nestled down in my beanbag for another hour or two at the end there...

Thanks for all the dances and may next week bring even more eager beginners ready to surrender and wiggle, or provide the frame, depending on perspective.

Looking forward to another visit soon, as long as there's no sinister chanting.
:cheers:

ducasi
24th-July-2005, 05:13 PM
Inverness yesterday was :clap: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

An excellent beginner's workshop from Franck. Some interesting insights into the art of leading that I'll hopefully be able to use.

Like Jo said, the venue is fab and the bar is way cool. Almost worth going just to experience it.

Thanks Franck, Sheena, Jo and all the others. :cheers:

Watch for an update later on my blog...

Looking forward to another visit soon, as long as there's no sinister chanting. :rofl:

Piglet
24th-July-2005, 05:23 PM
Glad it all went well up there!

Bit jealous I didn't make it, but had bigger fish to fry yesterday.

Well done everyone who went :clap: :hug:

Little Monkey
24th-July-2005, 06:58 PM
Looking forward to another visit soon, as long as there's no sinister chanting.

I'd love to go up next weekend, if anyone is travelling from Dundee? But what's with the chanting???? :confused:

LM

ducasi
24th-July-2005, 07:07 PM
I'd love to go up next weekend, if anyone is travelling from Dundee? But what's with the chanting???? :confused:

LM
You mean you don't do the chanting in the Dundee coven? :confused: No wonder Jo thought it was sinister!

JoC
24th-July-2005, 07:37 PM
But what's with the chanting???? :confused:
Ah yes, the chanting...the fresh disciples took to reciting the mantra of their new leader with disconcerting ease and familiarity...I was afraid, I think we were all were afraid... :what:

and then we did the move to music, phew!

(Can't remember the words because I froze with fear but it was something along the lines of "In and up and down and out and in and up and down and out and in and up and down and out......." in group monotone...until 'Eek stop! I didn't think you'd really do it!' :rofl: )

(Is this a fair representation of events? :innocent: )

JoC
24th-July-2005, 07:39 PM
You mean you don't do the chanting in the Dundee coven? :confused: No wonder Jo thought it was sinister!
It was just me then...

ducasi
24th-July-2005, 08:01 PM
(Can't remember the words because I froze with fear but it was something along the lines of "In and up and down and out and in and up and down and out and in and up and down and out......." in group monotone...until 'Eek stop! I didn't think you'd really do it!' :rofl: ) I think it was something like "step in; raise; lower; step back", but as each week we leads have a new set of mantras to learn, it's hard to remember them exactly.

It was just me then...OK, I was a bit freaked by it too. Franck must have had his Ceroc mind-control machine turned up a bit too high yesterday.

Watch for an update later on my blog... An update later on my blog... (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/07/24/inverness/)

JoC
24th-July-2005, 08:24 PM
I think it was something like "step in; raise; lower; step back" Well it seems I remembered the motion, see I must have been paying a little bit of attention! :D

It isn't easy being a boy-lady:rolleyes: (or would I be a man-girl)?

ducasi
24th-July-2005, 08:48 PM
Well it seems I remembered the motion, see I must have been paying a little bit of attention! :D Yep... I wonder if anyone can guess the move based on the mantra (as we recall it.) Three guesses? What do you think?

It isn't easy being a boy-lady:rolleyes: (or would I be a man-girl)? Sometimes it's just plain difficult being a man or a boy. But you can be one of the guys any time you want... :nice:

I still want a go at being one of the girls. :wink:

Tiggerbabe
24th-July-2005, 08:54 PM
I still want a go at being one of the girls. :wink:
Next week then? And that's my absolute favourite beginners move :wink: - I've never seen Franck look so shocked, as he did when everyone actually started to chant with him - priceless :rofl:

Night Owl
24th-July-2005, 10:49 PM
Had a brill time

thanks to Franck And Sheena and all the helpers :clap:

looking forward to next week

and the start of the classes in sept :yeah:

:cheers: heres to the future of Ceroc in Inverness

All the best to Franck in his venture in the capital of the north

Iain

JoC
25th-July-2005, 01:50 PM
Had a brill time
Welcome to the forum Iain and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! :grin:

I meant to post earlier, for anyone thinking of going up next week via the A9 from south to north, be warned that the road was pretty busy last Saturday and there were roadworks around the Aviemore area so it might be worth checking the travel news to find out if that's still the case and you can allow a little extra time if necessary.

Franck
25th-July-2005, 02:03 PM
Ah yes, the chanting...the fresh disciples took to reciting the mantra of their new leader with disconcerting ease and familiarity...I was afraid, I think we were all were afraid... :what: :rofl:
That was a bit spooky wasn't it?
The chant was: "Pull, Raise, Lower, Back" repeated as many times as required. I have used it before in classes, but never got the response we got in Inverness... Spooky!

As has been said, the open day in Inverness went wonderfully well, and I owe a huge debt of gratitude to JoC, Ducasi, Pet, Sheena, Roz and Ian who travelled all the way and helped out.

Inverness dancers were full of enthusiasm and very keen to learn. The venue is perfect and I can't wait for some more next week (30th July) and for the proper opening on the 1st September.

Now might be a good time to mention the BIG BUSK I'm planning in Inverness on Saturday 27th August. This will be our main promotional busk the week-end before the opening, and it would be great to have as many of you coming to support it.

Re. the road works on the A9, the trick is to take the Aviemore turn off, drive through Aviemore (stop for a quick stretch of the legs / coffee) and then return to the A9. That way you avoid all the queues at the temporary traffic lights. :D

Thanks again to everyone, and well done to the new Inverness dancers, you were brilliant! :clap:

JoC
27th-July-2005, 04:02 PM
It's nearly Inverness time again already!

Spaces in my car available at the moment.

I intend staying over this time so I can get properly comfortable on my beanbag. ;)

ducasi
27th-July-2005, 05:00 PM
It's nearly Inverness time again already! Can't make it this weekend, :sad: but I can highly recommend it – the location, the dancers, the teacher, the trip up and the company. :nice:

I want a full report (including news of any more spooky chanting) when you get back!

Petal
27th-July-2005, 05:03 PM
Can't make it this weekend, :sad:

Me neither. One of my favourite places in the country, but have agreed other plans.

Little Monkey
27th-July-2005, 08:12 PM
It's nearly Inverness time again already!

Spaces in my car available at the moment.

I intend staying over this time so I can get properly comfortable on my beanbag. ;)

Where are you staying? Anywhere reasonably cheap? I'm not too rich at the moment, but I fancy going to Inverness to check out this new venue - despite having been invited for a sailing weekend!!! :eek:

LM

JoC
27th-July-2005, 08:26 PM
Where are you staying? Anywhere reasonably cheap? I'm not too rich at the moment, but I fancy going to Inverness to check out this new venue - despite having been invited for a sailing weekend!!! :eek:

LM
I'm going to try to suss out a few options tonight/tomorrow... the Waterside isn't the cheapest in the area (though very nice indeed!) so unless they can do a deal I was going to look for something else in the vicinity, there are quite a few B&Bs in that part of Inverness. I'll give you an update tomorrow shall I with some prices? :)

Little Monkey
27th-July-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm going to try to suss out a few options tonight/tomorrow... the Waterside isn't the cheapest in the area (though very nice indeed!) so unless they can do a deal I was going to look for something else in the vicinity, there are quite a few B&Bs in that part of Inverness. I'll give you an update tomorrow shall I with some prices? :)

That would be good. I'm still dithering between going to Marcos and going to Inverness...... Not got too much money at the mo....

Poor Little Monkey

JoC
28th-July-2005, 03:52 PM
ah canny wait!!!!!!!

aw no, got another whole day at work first...

Tiggerbabe
28th-July-2005, 04:41 PM
Pull, raise, lower, back - pull, raise, lower, back........gonna be fab Jo! :clap:

ducasi
28th-July-2005, 05:01 PM
Pull, raise, lower, back - pull, raise, lower, back........gonna be fab Jo! :clap:
:tears:

Tiggerbabe
29th-July-2005, 01:18 PM
You'll be missed Ducasi, think we should be chanting by about 3.30pm :wink: if you fancy joining in "remotely".

ducasi
29th-July-2005, 01:36 PM
Which way should I be facing?

Tiggerbabe
29th-July-2005, 01:40 PM
Your partner of course *doh!* :wink:

ducasi
29th-July-2005, 01:54 PM
:D
In the absence of a partner, I'll chant in the direction of Inverness and hope that my efforts make a difference.

I'm –> <– this close to saying "stuff it", and coming along for the afternoon... Just saw the price of the rail fare, though. Ouch! I'm now a little further away from saying "stuff it". :sad:

ducasi
30th-July-2005, 03:33 PM
*in the direction of Inverness*

Pull, Raise, Lower, Back

Pull, Raise, Lower, Back

Pull, Raise, Lower, Back

Night Owl
30th-July-2005, 06:56 PM
No chanting, yet ,Dascali :nice:

but Franck not finished yet, :yeah:

more to come in evening session :clap:

Night Owl
30th-July-2005, 06:59 PM
oops sorry got name wrong :blush:

like the dancing i`ll get it right one day :wink:

my apols

Ducasi :cheers:

Little Monkey
31st-July-2005, 05:34 PM
oops sorry got name wrong :blush:

like the dancing i`ll get it right one day :wink:

Well, judging by your dancing last night, that'll be soon, then! You were doing great! :hug:

I really enjoyed going up to Inverness. Some very keen people, and some potentially VERY good dancers! Would recommend to anyone going up on the 27th of August to help out at the busk - the more the merrier - and then perhaps we could do some dancing somewhere else in the evening??

Also - fab venue for ceroc, and loved the bar. Got so comfortable in my corner I could hardly get out of it when it was time to go to bed!

Thanks to Jo for driving, to Franck and Sheena for very entertaining classes, and to everyone who danced with me. :cheers:

Little Monkey

JoC
31st-July-2005, 07:10 PM
It wis braw wis it no!? :grin:

The night just seemed to end far too soon, sigh, I only got round all the men once (wayhey! and some of the ladies).

Little Monkey
31st-July-2005, 07:38 PM
Oh, and if anyone is ever looking for a good place to eat in Inverness, the Mustard Seed comes highly reccomended. :drool:

Just go easy on the champagne..... :wink:

JoC
31st-July-2005, 08:14 PM
Just go easy on the champagne..... :wink:
Hazzazzzzwazzchamsayne? Zznevva zzoomush, hic, aizzzancing gzeat meee

Little Monkey
31st-July-2005, 08:16 PM
Hazzazzzzwazzchamsayne? Zznevva zzoomush, hic, aizzzancing gzeat meee

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Night Owl
31st-July-2005, 09:45 PM
Well thank you Little Monkey :flower:

I enjoyed it ,just need to work on the memory,its shocking how come its so hard to remember such simple moves :tears:

mind you was feeling it on the legs today

Looking forward to classes starting in Sept :yeah:

Thanks again to Franck and Sheena and all the help like yourself and JoC who made the effort to get there much appreciated :clap: :clap: :clap:

Little Monkey
31st-July-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks again to Franck and Sheena and all the help like yourself and JoC who made the effort to get there much appreciated :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not a problem - we all had a great time! :clap:

Just very disappointed about the lack of chanting....... :whistle:

JoC
1st-August-2005, 08:17 AM
Hey it's totally self interest :devil: , you're going to end up with a class of some fantastic dancers in Inverness, more great dancers = more great dances for me (and if the presence of a few 'extras' helps in any way, then I'm there :grin: )

It was really great to see you back Iain along with the others who were there the first week :flower:, aaand all the new faces.

Hopefully if people are really keen we might even see you at some of the other venues while you await the official Inverness launch night.

(Any excuse for a grand day out for me :D )

Tiggerbabe
1st-August-2005, 10:35 AM
Yup! It was another fab weekend - I had a great time :hug: and Gadget certainly seemed to be a hit with the Inverness ladies :D

Great to see Marlene too.

Really looking forward to the busk now. See you all soon :clap:

Night Owl
1st-August-2005, 11:04 PM
Not gonna make it to busk,clashes with a previous engagement,Inverness raft race had hoped it was the weekend before but alas:tears:
got to drive one of the vans for the rafts ,try to make it up to high street if i can if not i`d try to catch up with you`s at some time

any one give me a moby no. to catch up with you if i don`t make it in afternoon

Night Owl
22nd-August-2005, 10:45 PM
Plans changed again
Raft race entry with drawn :tears:

so i`m free for sat busk :clap:

tho dancing might not be up to scratch :blush:

but i`ll be there

are there any plans to meet first or is it just a case of meeting in high street

Tiggerbabe
23rd-August-2005, 02:15 AM
I'm sure Franck will start a special Inverness Busk Thread, however the plan is to meet in the High Street at 2pm and dance until about 4.

Followed by drinks, nibbles ( that's food :blush: ) and later a Buskers' Post Busking Party at the Waterside.

See you there, and all the other 'Nessies :wink: :D

Baby Peaches
23rd-August-2005, 03:01 PM
Sounds like Inverness is going to be a huge hit. Well Done!! :clap:

There are a few folks I know up in that neck of the woods so I will let them know about the busk on Saturday and then try and get them to come to the classes!! I'm sure they will love it. :wink:

Best of luck for Saturday! :flower:

Shaz.xxx :hug: