PDA

View Full Version : New HP - ***spoilers***

LMC
17th-July-2005, 01:45 AM
Well, I had every intention of going to Amersham tonight... but got hit by horrible stomach cramps :tears:

so I finished it

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: until next weekend to give everyone else a chance to catch up

:innocent:

:eek: look at the time

Lou
17th-July-2005, 08:07 AM
so I finished it
Me too! :D

I can't resist some mild spoilers!

Don't scroll down.

Unless you really want to.

Spoiler space

I'm not going to post out & out spoilers yet, just in case someone has actually got this far down the post - so no character names!

Did you think there were fewer misdirections and surprises in this one (I could see the ending from chapter 2)? But then I was expecting the ending.

And romances! It was very much people who I was expecting to get together, did. :)

Oooh. This is hard. Not naming names. I'll just say - Snape!!! :eek: :what: :eek:

LMC
17th-July-2005, 09:12 AM
Aw, I really wasn't going to post even the mildest of spoilers for a few days!

But now you've started, I can't resist!

Attachment contains just about *all* the spoilers - you have been warned...

Perhaps those of us who have finished could discuss via text attachments for a week or so rather than on open board?

Little Monkey
17th-July-2005, 11:37 AM
I've finished it, too!

Ooooooooooh!

Absolutely expected the romance. Also expected the final outcome. But think there might be some surprise hidden somewhere..... And some obvious things that Harry et al still havent commented on......

Was it just me, or was the book slightly less childish than the previous five? I know the characters are growing up, but..

Why oh why do I read so fast? I've got nothing to read, now! :tears: Should have read the book chapter by chapter instead, making it last longer...

LM

Purple Sparkler
18th-July-2005, 10:10 AM
Finished on Sunday morning (thanks to KatieR having me to stay at her Youth Hostel, where I could sit and read completely undisturbed except by the Aussie Firecracker ferreting me snacks. Bliss).

Yes, I agree, the ending was quite obvious from the start. I thought the whole thing read a bit more like a crime novel than an adventure story this time. Felt a bit- and I fully expect to be disagreed with- like a sort of fill-in-the-gap for most of it, and that the real action will be in book 7 and this was mostly setting it up.

I found the Romance a little frustrating, to be honest. It seems like everyone gets the person they fancy, which we all know isn't how life is. I'd find that less irritating (though satisfying, if that makes any sense) if it weren't for the fact that JK is always talking about how she wants things to be realistic. People die. People you care about. And you don't always get to go out with the person you're after.

When can we start discussing theories about book 7?

David Franklin
18th-July-2005, 11:52 AM
When can we start discussing theories about book 7?Firstly, does anyone disagree that a thread specifically titled "***spoilers***" shouldn't need to put spoiler warnings etc...? It would make discussion a lot easier.

To throw out a question that isn't really a spoiler (the answers might be!): What are people's new thoughts on OotP following reading HBP?

And (to repeat the question that comes to mind after almost every book): Snape - Hero or Villain?

Purple Sparkler
18th-July-2005, 11:57 AM
Firstly, does anyone disagree that a thread specifically titled "***spoilers***" shouldn't need to put spoiler warnings etc...? It would make discussion a lot easier.

Probably not but I'm still going to say it:
SEMI SPOILER BELOW!

To throw out a question that isn't really a spoiler (the answers might be!): What are people's new thoughts on OotP following reading HBP?

And (to repeat the question that comes to mind after almost every book): Snape - Hero or Villain?

Question 2: I don't think we're going to know the answer to that until the end of book 7. Not now I've read HBP. Here was me thinking after OOTP that I was beginning to understand why Snape had gone the route he had, and he goes and does something like that! :eek:

David Franklin
18th-July-2005, 12:35 PM
OK - Spoilers Below...

To elaborate on my previous question - when the dust settles after book 6, does anyone else find themselves thinking "OK, what on earth was the point of book 5"? So much of what happened in book 5 seems to be ignored/forgotten. Most of the characters in book 5 are essentially absent now. Don't get me wrong, I found book 5 probably the worst in the series, so I'm not too upset, but still...

As for the Snape thing - interesting that we're still unsure, even after all that happens. Imagine if JKR meant book 6 to settle Snape's loyalties once and for all. She's going to be really annoyed at all the reader speculation about what really happened and what it meant.

Other thoughts: Major change in style - not a lot of laughs in this one, and it no longer has any feeling of being a children's book; I found the "cave" scene really unpleasant to read. Dumbledore is very different in this book as well - not entirely sure what that's about.

Purple Sparkler
18th-July-2005, 02:09 PM
OK - Spoilers Below...

To elaborate on my previous question - when the dust settles after book 6, does anyone else find themselves thinking "OK, what on earth was the point of book 5"? So much of what happened in book 5 seems to be ignored/forgotten. Most of the characters in book 5 are essentially absent now. Don't get me wrong, I found book 5 probably the worst in the series, so I'm not too upset, but still...

Actually, I found myself a bit disappointed by the lack of action in book 6. For most of it it seemed like setting up for book 7. By the end I had a feeling that it was rather 'Empire Strikes Back', if that makes any sense.

As for the Snape thing - interesting that we're still unsure, even after all that happens. Imagine if JKR meant book 6 to settle Snape's loyalties once and for all. She's going to be really annoyed at all the reader speculation about what really happened and what it meant.

I don't think she did. I think it might be the most enormous red herring yet. She has deliberately invited speculation about what Dumbledore's cast-iron reason for trusting him is, I reckon.

Other thoughts: Major change in style - not a lot of laughs in this one, and it no longer has any feeling of being a children's book; I found the "cave" scene really unpleasant to read. Dumbledore is very different in this book as well - not entirely sure what that's about.

:yeah: I felt it read more like a crime novel, though I can't for the life of me say why. Dumbledore is different, but might that be to do with his 'weakened state'.

Questions of my own:
MAJOR SPOILER BELOW!
1: If the Order's Secret Keeper has now died, does that mean that 12 Grimmauld Place is no longer unplottable and hidden? Is this going to be significant in the next book?
2: Am I the only one who thinks RAB must be Regulus A. Black?

David Franklin
18th-July-2005, 03:43 PM
Questions of my own:
MAJOR SPOILER BELOW!

2: Am I the only one who thinks RAB must be Regulus A. Black?No, you're certainly not the only one. Quite blatant the way his name gets brought up in this book. And note that in OotP (page 108 in my edition - Ancient House of Black chapter) they find a heavy locket none of them can open. However, do we know Regulus' middle initial? And also, Hermione couldn't work it out from her research in the library - I'd have thought she'd suss if there was a Regulus A Black.

The other interesting alternative theory - if (as events in HP6 imply) two wizards were required to do what RAB did, maybe RAB is 'R' And 'B'...?

Purple Sparkler
18th-July-2005, 03:52 PM
No, you're certainly not the only one. Quite blatant the way his name gets brought up in this book. And note that in OotP (page 108 in my edition - Ancient House of Black chapter) they find a heavy locket none of them can open. However, do we know Regulus' middle initial? And also, Hermione couldn't work it out from her research in the library - I'd have thought she'd suss if there was a Regulus A Black.

I had forgotten the locket in Book 5! Must re-read it...

Not necessarily. He was a Death Eater, at least until he abandoned them, and so wouldn't necessarily turn up in any books likely to be in the Hogwarts Library- and if you didn't know, would you look for someone who intended to DESTROY part of Voldemort's soul in a list of Death Eaters?

The other interesting alternative theory - if (as events in HP6 imply) two wizards were required to do what RAB did, maybe RAB is 'R' And 'B'...?

But it said I, not We. And why have the initial 'a' when you could have an '&'. Also, it was clear that whoever wrote the note WANTED Voldemort to know who had destroyed one of his precious horcruxes.

And would it not be possible to bewitch a goblet so that it kept refilling and forcing you to drink it? It would be dark magic, certainly, but Regulus was with the bad guys for a long time. He'd know the spell if it existed.

Groovy Dancer
18th-July-2005, 03:56 PM
You people :whistle: :whistle: .. :whistle:

Couldn't you just wait, a couple of days BEFORE starting this thread? :eek:

Come on really, there are people who are gonna read this thread before actually finishing the book.!! :(
Do you want to be responsible for taking away their enjoyment? :devil:

Please be kind to all Harry P's fans.. :wink:

I thank you.

El Salsero Gringo
18th-July-2005, 04:03 PM
Come on really, there are people who are gonna read this thread before actually finishing the book.!! :(
Do you want to be responsible for taking away their enjoyment? :devil:
Please be kind to all Harry P's fans.. :wink:
I thank you.Taking a leaf from the book (how apt!) of the other Harry, the one from When Harry Met Sally, I'd like to know all the spoilers I can find before I tuck in to the book properly. So please keep them coming....

David Franklin
18th-July-2005, 04:03 PM
Do you want to be responsible for taking away their enjoyment? :devil: I did ask up above, and there wasn't exactly a huge rush of people posting saying "no, don't do it". The thread is marked spoilers, the contents all have spoiler space, and we've generally been pretty oblique about what it all means as well.

Only way this is going to spoil things is if someone actively decides to read the spoilers after all of the above. There are levels beyond which I disclaim responsibility...

But as you ask nicely, I'll wait a few days...

Groovy Dancer
18th-July-2005, 04:20 PM
I did ask up above, and there wasn't exactly a huge rush of people posting saying "no, don't do it". The thread is marked spoilers, the contents all have spoiler space, and we've generally been pretty oblique about what it all means as well.

Only way this is going to spoil things is if someone actively decides to read the spoilers after all of the above. There are levels beyond which I disclaim responsibility...

Thanking you for your consideration. :cheers:

David Franklin
18th-July-2005, 04:24 PM
Thanking you for your consideration. :cheers:
OK, but I still think you should get some willpower :wink: (The reason I got and read the book so quickly is because I don't have any...).

Purple Sparkler
18th-July-2005, 04:25 PM
I did ask up above, and there wasn't exactly a huge rush of people posting saying "no, don't do it". The thread is marked spoilers, the contents all have spoiler space, and we've generally been pretty oblique about what it all means as well.

I agree- we DID warn you.

But if David can wait, so can I.

And then let the theorising begin! KGD, you have until Thursday. Then it's HBP Season!

Groovy Dancer
18th-July-2005, 04:42 PM

And then let the theorising begin! KGD, you have until Thursday. Then it's HBP Season!

Such great forumites!! ;) :worthy: I am so happy that you are resisting the temptations to play with the Dark Arts

I am getting there okay :eek: I am on page 400 at the moment, should be done by the morning for the latest. :rolleyes:

chat soon

Purple Sparkler
18th-July-2005, 04:56 PM
Such great forumites!! ;) :worthy: I am so happy that you are resisting the temptations to play with the Dark Arts

OI! I'm no Death Eater, thank you very much!

Groovy Dancer
19th-July-2005, 02:40 PM

I have completed the book :tears:

So whenever you think you're ready. :)

Purple Sparkler
19th-July-2005, 04:04 PM
I have completed the book :tears:

So whenever you think you're ready. :)

I shall reiterate David Franklin's question, as it's a good one:
Snape - Hero or Villain?

And also, to reiterate a previous point- what did you think about the romances in the book? Am I the only one who finds them, though satisfying, a little unrealistic for an author who claims she's all about the real emotions?

David Franklin
19th-July-2005, 04:31 PM
Spoiler Space
What's happened to Harry's "power level"? Look at the Snape/Harry duel. Forget Snape's motives for the moment - what is clear is that Harry is completely outmatched. What's all that about? In previous books, Harry has been, if not Snape's equal, certainly no pushover (c.f. pensieve scene in OotP, Harry knocking Snape unconscious in PoA). Plus he holds V to a draw in GoF and holds his own against Death Eaters in the climax to OotP. Heck - in HBP he only manages to beat Malfoy due to a lucky spell he found in a book. The whole "silent spelling" thing is completely out of the blue as well - nary a hint of it in the past 5 books. (You could retcon it by claiming "yeah, but if someone did a silent spell in a prevous book we wouldn't have known about it", but it's still a retcon).

Let's face it, on current standing, Harry has about as much chance of completing the tasks of book 7 as Hermione has of failing her NEWTs!

Lounge Lizard
20th-July-2005, 04:32 PM
I agree with David
Harry was a bit hopeless in this book
looking a snape, Voldormot etc. at Harry's age his magical skills are poor compared to theirs at the same age
he was way out of his depth in the cave and if Dumbledore thought so highly of his skills why disable him when he is so so weak
romance was predictable, but it is a kids book (well originaly)

I would have expected harry to become a far greater wizard in this book, preparing him for the final duel

Who is going to turn him into a powerfull enough wizard to face the inevitable battle
the Ginny thing............like lord V wont know he can get to harry via her!
still a good read tho
peter

Brummie Paul
28th-July-2005, 09:20 PM
IMO the ending is a complete red herring. This is an elaborate hoax perpetrated by two powerful wizards ( Dumbledore and the half Blood prince) to put them in positions where they can do the most good in defeating the Dark Wizards ie one in a position to work undetected behind the scenes and the other esconsed and thoroughly trusted in the opposition camp.

What alerted me to this at first was the "flying" avada kedavra - previously victims have just dropped dead on the spot- and the freezing of Harry only makes sense if it was to stop him interfering and also to have him as a witness to what appeared to have happened.

There are lots of other clues in the text which support the above contention which I can direct people to if they are interested.

El Salsero Gringo
29th-July-2005, 12:29 AM
IMO the ending is a complete red herring. This is an elaborate hoax perpetrated by two powerful wizards ( Dumbledore and the half Blood prince) to put them in positions where they can do the most good in defeating the Dark Wizards ie one in a position to work undetected behind the scenes and the other esconsed and thoroughly trusted in the opposition camp.

What alerted me to this at first was the "flying" avada kedavra - previously victims have just dropped dead on the spot- and the freezing of Harry only makes sense if it was to stop him interfering and also to have him as a witness to what appeared to have happened.

There are lots of other clues in the text which support the above contention which I can direct people to if they are interested.
go on then - what are the other clues?

David Franklin
29th-July-2005, 09:32 AM
There are lots of other clues in the text which support the above contention which I can direct people to if they are interested.Of course, JKR is good at putting out misleading clues as well. You can definitely use the text to argue this either way. I think one strong argument lies outside the text - in what Terry Pratchett calls narrativum - i.e. this is what happens because it makes a good story. And in fact, the author herself says at The Leaky Cauldron (http://www.quick-quote-quill.org/articles/2005/0705-tlc_mugglenet-anelli-3.htm):

JKR: Yeah, well, I think if you take a step back, in the genre of writing that I'm working in, almost always the hero must go on alone. That's the way it is, we all know that, so the question is when and how, isn't it, if you know anything about the construction of that kind of plot.

ES: The wise old wizard with the beard always dies.

JKR: Well, that's basically what I'm saying, yes.Of course, that could all be misdirection too. I'm guessing we will get some kind of postscript for Dumbledore, maybe as a portrait or having left some pensieve memories behind. But we will not get the flesh-and-blood wizard who could put fear into Voldemort. Book 7 is Harry's story, not Dumbledore's.

Finally, IMHO, the strongest argument that DD is really dead is... Gandalf!. She'd be innundated by claims of ripping off LotR if she brought him back in book 7. (Either that or she'd get all the fundamentalists saying she's setting up Dumbledore as a Christ analogue...)

Brummie Paul
29th-July-2005, 12:36 PM
I think David makes some good points and obviously at the end of the day we are all at JKR's mercy as to what really has and will happen. I must admit that
I was not aware of the interview to which you refer and it does make interesting reading.

Rather than list the clues to support my theory here, I have found a website which has picked up on the some of the same clues as me and quite a few besides and seems to be well researched and argued:

http://dumbledoreisnotdead.com

After reading through that site, I would be surprised if anyone remains entirely convinced that Dumbledore is dead and that Snape is a Death Eater

Purple Sparkler
29th-July-2005, 03:00 PM
New theory posited by a friend of mine:

Harry is an unintentional horcrux.

Your thoughts?

Tessalicious
29th-July-2005, 03:15 PM

Your thoughts?Now that's a theory, which would explain some of the transfer of powers like parselmouth, as well as explaining a possible extra dimension to 'neither can live while the other survives'. But surely V had made his six horcruces by the time he tried to kill Harry, which is why he survived the reversal of the curse, and I think the significance of a 7-part soul has ben played up too much for it not to be the case.

But then again this is Harry Potter, anything could happen...

David Franklin
29th-July-2005, 03:19 PM

Your thoughts?Lots of plausible evidence for this one - and not just in HBP. I don't recall exact wording, but there have been comments about "something of Voldemort" ending up in Harry in earlier books. But on the other hand, Dumbledore says nothing of the kind, and heads off in a different direction (Nagini). Are we supposed to trust DD's wisdom or not? [Though I note DD's choice in DADA teachers reminds me of the HR capabilities of a certain small green Jedi].

If we ignore that small problem, the theory I quite "like" artistically is that Harry was a horcrux as a result of when V tried to AK Harry, but that part of V's soul was freed during the resurrection in GoF. As that would be a really nice explanation for the "glint of triumph" we've all been wondering about; up 'til then, DD has been struggling with the worry that H would have to die if V was to be defeated. Not terribly well supported by the text-ev, unfortunately...

Purple Sparkler
29th-July-2005, 03:30 PM
Not terribly well supported by the text-ev, unfortunately...

But then again, we do know JK's penchant for bringing in things with NO text-ev. Like, oh let's pluck an example out of the air- the identity of the Half Blood Prince?

Lounge Lizard
29th-July-2005, 03:52 PM

Your thoughts?If he was V would know about itand it would have been an easier route back for V when he capturd or cornered Harry in earlier books.

There has been obvious simmilarities with the jedi Force in HP books, but will no.7 be more like the Matrix with 'the chosen one' finaly developing skill to equal V
or will he inherit the power of DD, Sirius, His parents etc. (hope not)

also there is the locked room in the DoM which contains a force more Wonderfull & more terrible than death, Human intelligence, the forces of nature, - it is the power within that room that harry posseses - so perhaps Harry needs to enter this room to 'unlock' this power - I expected to hear more of this power in HBP, but not a mention.
peter

LMC
29th-July-2005, 03:58 PM
But then again, we do know JK's penchant for bringing in things with NO text-ev.

And bloopers are creeping in ...

e.g. the whole silent spell thing. Hermione only survived Dolohov's curse in OotP because he'd been silenced...

Does not compute

Dizzy
30th-July-2005, 12:33 PM

Your thoughts?

Okay, have finally finished the book (I know, I am a very slow reader!!!) :clap:

I don't think that Harry is a Horcrux because DD has said before that Harry has 'too much love' in him for V to be able to be near him.

Another controversal theory that I have heard is that Harry is decended from Godric Gryffindor and that V was trying to get an heirloom from the Potter family when he killed them.

Trish
3rd-August-2005, 03:42 PM
And bloopers are creeping in ...

The other big Blooper I noticed was that Harry couldn't see the flying horse things at the end of the Goblet of Fire, but he could see them at the start of Order of the Phoenix, this doesn't make sense, as he had already seen Cedric Diggory killed by Voldemort at the end of Goblet of Fire. (Sorry bad memory - I've forgotten the names for everything - have I got that right? - hope this makes sense!)

DaveD
12th-August-2005, 06:59 PM

I'm almost persuaded by the "Dumbledore isn't dead" theory but only because JK seems to have painted herself into a corner otherwise. As others have pointed out, HP isn't sufficeintly powerful or experienced to take on Voldemort (esp if Snape really is on his side) so JK has to find a convincing way for HP to magically(?) acquire power and experience beyond his years or for some outher powerful wizard to come out of the woodwork to help him in his quest.

The "almost" is because it would be a bit corny for Dumbledore to reappear (like Gandalf) and because JK seems to have painted a convincing picture of Dumbledore dead as a parrot. (Fawkes, Picture in study etc)

Like others, I was a bit diasppointed with this book as it seems to be just a warm up for the final chapter - I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

Dave

Purple Sparkler
15th-August-2005, 11:46 AM
The other big Blooper I noticed was that Harry couldn't see the flying horse things at the end of the Goblet of Fire, but he could see them at the start of Order of the Phoenix, this doesn't make sense, as he had already seen Cedric Diggory killed by Voldemort at the end of Goblet of Fire. (Sorry bad memory - I've forgotten the names for everything - have I got that right? - hope this makes sense!)

JK has been asked about Harry not being able to see the Thestrals before- she says that it's because it would have taken a while for him to really process what death means, having seen it- that you have to understand what you've seen before you see the Thestrals.

Which is a very good excuse, I think.

Tessalicious
15th-August-2005, 11:56 AM
JK has been asked about Harry not being able to see the Thestrals before- she says that it's because it would have taken a while for him to really process what death means, having seen it- that you have to understand what you've seen before you see the Thestrals.

Which is a very good excuse, I think.Or at least a good way of getting around the fact that there is the odd hole in her story...

Andy McGregor
15th-August-2005, 01:14 PM
Having waited for my daughters to finish the book I'm a bit behind. I only finished reading it yesterday. Is it my imagination or are there far less words than the last one? The book is quite fat with plenty of pages but the lines on the pages seem to spaced further apart (increased leading for the printers out there). The order of the Pheonix had 37 lines per page and the Half-Blood Prince has only 33 lines per page. And the latest book has 600 pages (of actual story) as opposed to 759 in the previous one. By a crude calculation (not taking into account chapter headings, etc) that's a reduction from 28,083 lines to 19,800!!! That means the new book is only 71% of the previous one :tears:

Lounge Lizard
15th-August-2005, 01:25 PM
Having waited for my daughters to finish the book I'm a bit behind. I only finished reading it yesterday. Is it my imagination or are there far less words than the last one? The book is quite fat with plenty of pages but the lines on the pages seem to spaced further apart (increased leading for the printers out there). The order of the Pheonix had 37 lines per page and the Half-Blood Prince has only 33 lines per page. And the latest book has 600 pages (of actual story) as opposed to 759 in the previous one. By a crude calculation (not taking into account chapter headings, etc) that's a reduction from 28,083 lines to 19,800!!! That means the new book is only 71% of the previous one :tears:
someone buy that man an anorack :grin:

Andy McGregor
15th-August-2005, 02:19 PM
someone buy that man an anorak :grin:Can I have a breathable one with a nice flourescent hood please :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-August-2005, 11:06 AM

Are there really people who would read something with *spoilers* all over it when they haven't read it? Do these people have no will power? :)

Anyway, the whole back was very poor. Silent spells indeed..bah... JKR used a lot of words to say very little and still managed to mess up the story with stuff like that!

David Bailey
23rd-August-2005, 01:32 PM
Anyway, the whole back was very poor. Silent spells indeed..bah... JKR used a lot of words to say very little and still managed to mess up the story with stuff like that!
:yeah:

I went and read Order of the Phoenix over the weekend, trying to desperately understand why all this hype.

It was very good - even though I'd read Half-Blood Prince and knew the plot points, it was still gripping stuff, relatively at least. And Hagrid the Horribly-Poorly-Written didn't appear until page 371 :clap:

Which makes Half-Blood Prince just, basically, useless. Waste of time and effort - no resolution, lots of inconsistencies and no progressions. Just a big setup to the final book. You could easily skip it I think.

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-August-2005, 02:42 PM
hmm how did I manage to write 'back' instead of 'book' ? gah

Just a big setup to the final book. You could easily skip it I think.

or give people this plot summary.

Death Eaters are much more active and are even killing muggles. Harry goes back to school and his meetings with Dumbledore establish that voldermort has split his soul into 7 vessels and they must be destroyed. Stuff happens in school. Death Eaters invade Hogwarts and Dumbledore is seemingly killed by Snape.

hmm did i miss any major plot points?

Lou
23rd-August-2005, 03:06 PM
hmm did i miss any major plot points?
As a pedant I feel obliged to tell you it was 6 vessels, as the seventh part of his soul still apparently resides in his body - thus ensuring that there will be a final showdown between the dark Lord & Mr Potter. :)

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-August-2005, 03:23 PM
As a pedant I feel obliged to tell you it was 6 vessels, as the seventh part of his soul still apparently resides in his body - thus ensuring that there will be a final showdown between the dark Lord & Mr Potter. :)

I am well aware of that, but I thought "split into" would describe to even the dullest of wits that there was 7 bits of soul in TOTAL. Of those 7 vessels one was of course his body.

Why cant you get pedantic about something more worthy like the silent spells pish :)

David Franklin
23rd-August-2005, 03:31 PM
I am well aware of that, but I thought "split into" would describe to even the dullest of wits that there was 7 bits of soul in TOTAL. Of those 7 vessels one was of course his body.Oh shut up, Snivellous - can't you go and find someone to Avada Kadavra?

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-August-2005, 03:36 PM
Oh shut up, Snivellous - can't you go and find someone to Avada Kadavra?
I'm thinking "CRUCIO" very hard at you right now :)

David Franklin
23rd-August-2005, 03:39 PM
I'm thinking "CRUCIO" very hard at you right now :)No Unforgiveable Curses from you, Scathey! You haven't got the nerve or the ability!

Oops, that makes me Snivellous, doesn't it? (Come to think of it, I do have a bit of a cold...)

Lou
23rd-August-2005, 03:58 PM
Why cant you get pedantic about something more worthy like the silent spells pish :)
I'd rather get pedantic over your posts, Grumpydraws! :D

Levicorpus!

*giggles at the thought of a Smurf dangling upside down in midair...*

David Franklin
14th-September-2005, 11:38 AM
Seen on alt.fan.harry-potter (slightly edited by me!):

Scene's we'd like to see in the next book

After the wedding, and after Harry has just given Ginny another "Casablanca - Here's Looking at You, Kid" speech. Harry is getting ready to leave on his quest for the Horcruxes and Ron and Hermione come up:

Hermione: OK, Harry, Let's go.

Harry: Look, I know you both said you would come along, and I admit I am not looking forward to doing this alone, but this is goging to be the most dangerous adenture we've ever had! Are you SURE you want to come along?

Ron: Look mate, did Sam abandon Frodo just because the task got more dangerous?

Hermione: Ron! I didn't know you'd read that Muggle book!

Ron: The Muggles wrote a book about it?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: