PDA

View Full Version : I wish women would not talk to me.......

horsey_dude
16th-December-2002, 10:16 AM
when we are dancing!

Because I have been doing this for a while I don't have to dedicate a huge amount of brainpower to my dancing when I freestyle. In fact I can dance with someone less experienced for the first time and catalog the moves they know and don't know, watch out for other dancers, and go through all the moves I would be doing with someone more experienced all at the same time.

The thing that I can't do is talk. I will comunicate with smiles, frowns, mock serious expressions etc. but it is like the speaking part of my brain (left side?) is disconnected from the dancing (right side?) so that as soon as I start to talk I can't dance.

Its incredibly frustrating but you can't really tell them to shut up! Don't get me wrong, I love talking to people, just not when I am dancing.

Do other people feel the same?

TheTramp
16th-December-2002, 10:31 AM
Why limit it to when we're dancing.

I'm very quiet and shy - I always find it difficult to talk to women. I start stammering and going all red in the face. Can be very embarrassing :tears:

Steve

Heather
16th-December-2002, 07:37 PM
:wink: That you men find it very difficult , if not well nigh impossible to multi task!!!!!!
:cheers:
Heather,
:kiss:

TheTramp
16th-December-2002, 07:51 PM
It's not true. I can think of many examples of men multi-tasking...

Watching football / Drinking beer
Dancing with current partner / Looking for next partner
Writing on forum / Pretending to work
Listening to women moan / Sleeping

There see. We're masters at it....

*starts running now*

Steve

John S
16th-December-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Listening to women moan / SleepingBoasting?????
:wink:

TheTramp
16th-December-2002, 08:38 PM
Oh.....

:sorry

I hadn't thought of it like that.....

Trust you, John!!

Steve

A man walked into a bar and asked for a double entendre.
So the barman gave him one! :what:

CJ
17th-December-2002, 01:45 AM
good one. Read it about 8 minutes ago and still laughing.

TheTramp
17th-December-2002, 01:51 AM
Yeah.

But, CJ, how much have you been drinking???

Steve

Franck
17th-December-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by horsey_dude
The thing that I can't do is talk. I will comunicate with smiles, frowns, mock serious expressions etc. but it is like the speaking part of my brain (left side?) is disconnected from the dancing (right side?) so that as soon as I start to talk I can't dance.Hiya H_D

This is an interesting question, and I voted that I did not mind talking (or being spoken to) while dancing... Of course it will probably mean that I will go into a simpler mode of dancing, but why not?

One of the exercizes I do at Beginners workshops, is to get Beginners to do one move (usually a Manspin) over and over for the duration of a track, while getting them to ask 3 questions of their partners (and get answers :nice: )

This is great for allowing everyone to relax more, and focus less on their footwork / technique / etc... The result is often that people dance better! Especially women, who spend less time leading :wink:

I then tell the guys that instead of chatting to their partners, they should use this extra brain capacity to think of the next move :wink:

I also find that there are moves that are ideal for chatting (armjive / basket / etc...) and moves that just would not work (half-windmill / Catapult / etc...), so maybe you could use more of the latter and fewer of the former :cheers:

Franck.

TheTramp
17th-December-2002, 12:32 PM
I also find that there are moves that are ideal for chatting (armjive / basket / etc...) and moves that just would not work (half-windmill / Catapult / etc...), so maybe you could use more of the latter and fewer of the former Or possibly more of the former, and fewer of the latter, if you want a moments peace!! :D

Steve

*Yup. I'm still running*

Jon
18th-December-2002, 12:14 PM
I think a little chatting on the dance floor is good as it relaxes you both and if it turns in to a little harmless flirting then all the better. :yum:

Emma
19th-December-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Jon
if it turns in to a little harmless flirting then all the better. :yum:Jon. You are becoming a Ceroc Tart. :devil: :what: :wink: :wink: :grin:

TheTramp
19th-December-2002, 08:53 AM
And you wouldn't want that Jon.....

Being a ceroc tart is bad, and to be discouraged. And would never happen to a sweet and innocent person like me....

Steve

:rolleyes:

Gus
19th-December-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Emma
Jon. You are becoming a Ceroc Tart. :devil: :what: :wink: :wink: :grin: And exactly how many women don't enjoy a bit of harmless flirtation???:wink: