PDA

View Full Version : Hedgehogs

Lucy Locket
14th-July-2005, 10:21 PM
what are you supposed to feed them?? Must not give them milk is that right? Corned beef if ok ? or am i mistaken not that i have any but i'll get some in. Yes the hedgehog is back. & my dog is sitting in the garden barking at it.

Lucy Locket
14th-July-2005, 10:32 PM
http://www.thehedgehog.co.uk/diet.htm

for anyone interested this site is good. just been out & fed my hedgehog. will have to de flea my cats & dog tomorrow just in case !!!

It's a cute hedgehog, not very big not that any of them ever are.

Trousers
14th-July-2005, 11:33 PM
catfood will work a treat

ask him how his flat mate is will ya?

Lory
15th-July-2005, 12:45 AM
ask him how his flat mate is will ya?
Thank you....You've just brought back a very funny memory. :cheers:

I can clearly recall overhearing my sister, who's 8 years younger than me, trying to retell that hedgehog joke to a friend, she was probably only 10yrs old at the time ... :na:

It went something like this

'Why did the hedgehog cross the road?......

Sisters version of the punch line.......... 'to visit his friends flat!' :what:

Look on her friends face = :confused:

Sister... 'yeah, I don't get it either!' :rofl:

:D So much funnier than the 'real version' :rofl:

Stuart
15th-July-2005, 08:06 AM
what are you supposed to feed them?? Must not give them milk is that right? Corned beef if ok ? or am i mistaken not that i have any but i'll get some in. Yes the hedgehog is back. & my dog is sitting in the garden barking at it.

Oh dear. When I was little, we used to put out bread and milk for them. They always seemed to eat it with no problems!

I'd heard cat food was OK for them.

LMC
15th-July-2005, 08:47 AM
I moved into my house in the *really* hot summer of 2003. One night at about 10.30 pm, I was sat out in the garden and a very thirsty hedgehog came right up to the cold glass of water by my feet and started licking off the condensation from the outside. < fluffy >so keee-yute! < /fluffy >

Since then I've put water out for them too in a shallow dish :)

Lucy Locket
15th-July-2005, 08:55 AM
cat food is good as long as it isn't fish. bread & milk makes them ill. they do like water. Raisins, sultanas & peanuts cut up small is what the site recommends too. Only had fish cat food so put out some of the dogs chicken & tripe bits of meat & some sultanas. Saw 'prickles' (that's its name) making it's way to the bowl. Went inside & left prickles to it. :wink:

Trousers
15th-July-2005, 03:00 PM
Thank you....You've just brought back a very funny memory. :cheers:

I can clearly recall overhearing my sister, who's 8 years younger than me, trying to retell that hedgehog joke to a friend, she was probably only 10yrs old at the time ... :na:

It went something like this

'Why did the hedgehog cross the road?......

Sisters version of the punch line.......... 'to visit his friends flat!' :what:

Look on her friends face = :confused:

Sister... 'yeah, I don't get it either!' :rofl:

:D So much funnier than the 'real version' :rofl:

I wind my kids up by finding corny short jokes like that.

I heard a new (to me) one on monday

What dyu call a bloke who used to but doesn't like tractors any more?

An extractor fan

Yes I can see i will get hours of peace after telling them that one!