PDA

View Full Version : Our Amazing Police Force

Minnie M
14th-July-2005, 07:16 PM
How amazing are the British Police etc., just a week after the terrible bombing in London, they have identified three of suicide bombers :clap: HOW :confused: :really:
They are absolutely incredible

Three big cheers for those amazing people :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Commis Chef
14th-July-2005, 07:56 PM
There also seem to be number of good dancing policemen around!

Stuart
14th-July-2005, 08:39 PM
How amazing are the British Police etc., just a week after the terrible bombing in London, they have identified three of suicide bombers :clap: HOW :confused: :really:

They actually think they know all four now.

Lucy Locket
14th-July-2005, 09:57 PM
They actually think they know all four now.

Still hunting a fifth who has disappeared o/seas.

Can't believe how young these guys were. Been reading about them & their families had no idea & still can't believe they did it.

What makes them do it??????? When they had their whole lives in front of them & their children, wives, family have to live with this hanging over their heads.

Minnie M
14th-July-2005, 10:50 PM
How did they manage to work out who they were :worthy: there must have been so much rubble especially from the tube bombs :worthy: :worthy: and so quickly :yeah:

Will
15th-July-2005, 12:49 AM

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Stuart
15th-July-2005, 08:03 AM
How did they manage to work out who they were :worthy: there must have been so much rubble especially from the tube bombs :worthy: :worthy: and so quickly :yeah:

From what I understand, they found credit cards and in one instance the remains of a birth certificate, which enabled them to trace them.

Minnie M
15th-July-2005, 08:08 AM
From what I understand, they found credit cards and in one instance the remains of a birth certificate, which enabled them to trace them.
Yes that I know that and they found lots of personal posessions, but how did they know they belonged to the killers :confused: Even with CCT how can they tell the innocent from the guilty :confused:

El Salsero Gringo
15th-July-2005, 08:47 AM
Not that I'm really knowledgeable on the subject, but bombs don't instantly vapourise everything in the area; you can piece together lots of information about where the bomb was located, what it was in, whether it was on the floor, on a seat, what it was contained it and so on - from careful examination of the aftermath. It shouldn't therefore be too hard to work out which of the bodies the bomb was closest to.

I expect that it was a leap of deduction (and obvious in hindsight) that Kings Cross station was the common denominator of the bomb sites - all the tube lines ran from there - and that CCTV pictures from the station would be the ones to check first.

It sounds like a combination of careful examination, and some "lucky" guesswork. As you say, a job well done.

David Bailey
15th-July-2005, 08:49 AM
Yes that I know that and they found lots of personal posessions, but how did they know they belonged to the killers :confused: Even with CCT how can they tell the innocent from the guilty :confused:
I must admit that puzzled me too - in fact, I was initially slightly suspicious of the result, it came so fast.

But I guess the CCTV showed the bags they carried, which the forensics worked out contained the bombs, and it was a question of legwork from there. Not that I'm denigrating the massive amount of effort and expertise required, but conceptually I assume that's what happened.

DianaS
15th-July-2005, 03:29 PM
I agree they are amazing!!
But perhaps finding bomb making equioment in one of their houses was a bit of a giveaway???
:sick:

I think I saw a glimpse of it on the news somewhere but can't be certain!

Sparkles
15th-July-2005, 03:59 PM
Another guess is that the suicide bombers wanted to be identified - you can't become a martyr if no-one knows who you are…

Minnie M
15th-July-2005, 04:14 PM
But perhaps finding bomb making equioment in one of their houses was a bit of a giveaway???
:confused: they had to know who the person was BEFORE checking out his address - also they didn't visit any of the other victems

Another guess is that the suicide bombers wanted to be identified - you can't become a martyr if no-one knows who you are…

Yeah - could go along with this one :sick:

Sheepman
15th-July-2005, 04:59 PM
Didn't someone say something like if you find a head, and no body, then you know it's a suicide bomber? :sick:

Yes, all credit to the work the police did, I heard that the temperature down in the tunnel at Russell Square stayed around 60 degrees C. How could you survive in that, let alone do any useful work? But who carries their birth certificate around with them on a normal day out? It does seem quite clear that the bombers wanted to be identified.

My sympathies go out to all those families involved, but especially those of the 30 or so victims, who have yet to be formally identified.

Greg

SilverFox
15th-July-2005, 05:45 PM
Didn't someone say something like if you find a head, and no body, then you know it's a suicide bomber? :sick:Didn't Chaka Khan sing that.......

....Ain't Nobody. :rolleyes: