PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with someone famous.

Cruella
14th-July-2005, 06:24 PM
Don't suppose many people will have done this, but after seeing on Lory's post that she had been dancing with Trigger from Only Fools and Horses, i wondered what other famous people were out there dancing with us mortals.

I have danced with 'Eddie the Eagle' at a ceroc venue in Leicester. Before some smartarse asks, NO he wasn't wearing his skis at the time.

Lucy Locket
14th-July-2005, 06:55 PM
Don't suppose many people will have done this, but after seeing on Lory's post that she had been dancing with Trigger from Only Fools and Horses, i wondered what other famous people were out there dancing with us mortals.

I have danced with 'Eddie the Eagle' at a ceroc venue in Leicester. Before some smartarse asks, NO he wasn't wearing his skis at the time.

I've danced with him too in fact he was one of my taxi dancers, but stopped when he was taking his exams.

Minnie M
14th-July-2005, 07:21 PM
Don't suppose many people will have done this, but after seeing on Lory's post that she had been dancing with Trigger from Only Fools and Horses........
I missed that post - however, he is found most Wednesday dancing Lindy Hop at Carrisbrook Hall (Julie Oram's Jitterbugs) Marble Arch, London

OR - Paul Daniels is often seen dancing at Argentine Tango haunts in London

Lots of girls danced with Brendon Cole last Tuesday at Dorking Le Roc :D

I'm still waiting to dance with Patrick Swayze :whistle: :drool: (Well a Mouse can dream, can't she :innocent: )

Andreas
14th-July-2005, 07:47 PM
I did a couple of workshops with Carlos Rivalera, one of the two main actors in the movie TANGO (old, black and white). In the course I also managed to get to dance with him for a few steps. Amazing dancer, must be over 70 now and still moves like a cat.

Before you say anything!! Tango was initially only danced among men :whistle:

Lory
14th-July-2005, 09:15 PM
I missed that post - however, he is found most Wednesday dancing Lindy Hop at Carrisbrook Hall (Julie Oram's Jitterbugs) Marble Arch, London

Yes Minnie, that's where I was. :grin: Lovely venue

Here's the post if you wanted to read it (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134211&postcount=67) :)

Minnie M
14th-July-2005, 09:31 PM
Yes Minnie, that's where I was. :grin: Lovely venue

Here's the post if you wanted to read it (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134211&postcount=67) :)
hmmm..... lovely place, Julie is delightful and her partner Jerome is major :drool: and an incredible dancer, you would have no problem at all dancing with him :worthy:

However, there are some Ceroc Snobs there, the good lindy dancers are lovely, it is the intermediate level ones who have the problem :angry:

The best Lindy venue for friendliness is the Hammersmith Club on a Thursday (Martin Ellis & Natalie) the same venue at Jango's

- sorry gone off post ..... :blush:

I remember the first time I danced with Viktor :worthy: :worthy: it was better than any film or TV star and he smiled all the way through - I had only been dancing a couple of months, so this was amazing :clap: Mind you I still get a thrill dancing with him, he is such a gentleman :flower:

El Salsero Gringo
15th-July-2005, 12:10 AM
The best Lindy venue for friendliness is the Hammersmith Club on a Thursday (Martin Ellis & Natalie) the same venue at Jango'sI've been there, and seen Lory there too a few times. It's a great evening if you like your swing music played directly from the wax cylinder - none of this shellac disc '78 rpm modern nonsense.

David Bailey
15th-July-2005, 08:10 AM
A female friend of mine danced tango with Clive James, in Brixton a few years back. He was quite good at it as I recall.

Also a few years back, I was in a salsa class with Alexei Sayle. He was, ahem, less good at it as I recall :whistle:

Zebra Woman
15th-July-2005, 08:58 AM
I have danced with Kevin Whately! It was at a Ceildih about 15 years ago.

He was very friendly and did a pretty good polka too. :worthy:

Andreas
15th-July-2005, 12:39 PM
I have danced every now and again with Gredyis from Lady Salsa dance troupe. Should I remember the name of the other famous Cuban troupe (:rofl:) I might add that, too. Can' t be that famous if I can't remember. :blush:

Minnie M
15th-July-2005, 02:50 PM
A female friend of mine danced tango with Clive James, in Brixton a few years back. He was quite good at it as I recall.

Also a few years back, I was in a salsa class with Alexei Sayle. He was, ahem, less good at it as I recall :whistle:

Sorry made a mistake - it is Clive James the tango dancer NOT Paul Daniels :rolleyes:

Sparkles
15th-July-2005, 03:01 PM
I've danced with Christopher Hawkins (but Unless you know him and his ex partner Hazel Newberry from the ballroom circuit I guess he doesn't really count as someone famous). Best waltz ever though :drool:.

S. x
(and for some reason the forum won't let me post a picture of him :sad: )

Rhythm King
15th-July-2005, 03:09 PM
I've danced with Christopher Hawkins (but Unless you know him and his ex partner Hazel Newberry from the ballroom circuit I guess he doesn't really count as someone famous). Best waltz ever though :drool:.

S. x
(and for some reason the forum won't let me post a picture of him :sad: )
Well if we're talking about former ballroom champions, who've been on tv (Blue Peter, for example :whistle: ) I've danced with Sparkles :worthy:

R-K :flower:

Zebra Woman
15th-July-2005, 03:16 PM
Sorry made a mistake - it is Clive James the tango dancer NOT Paul Daniels :rolleyes:
:rofl:
That's funny! I did spend a while trying to imagine having a really good tango with Paul Daniels.

And I couldn't quite manage it. :what:

Minnie M
15th-July-2005, 03:19 PM
........ I couldn't quite manage it. :what:
not a lot ................. :wink:

Rhythm King
15th-July-2005, 03:22 PM
:rofl:
That's funny! I did spend a while trying to imagine having a really good tango with Paul Daniels.

And I couldn't quite manage it. :what:
And did he try that move where he lies you flat on your back and saws you in half? It's great for double trouble when there aren't enough ladies apparently.

Paul F
15th-July-2005, 03:34 PM
Last year I attended a couple of social events in London where I was very fortunate enough to get a dance with Jennifer Lopez (the singer) and Julia Roberts (the actress). :drool:

Afterwards we all went back to Julia's pad to listen to Elton on the piano.

Oh hang on.........that was the dream I had the other night. Easy to get confused. I should have know large inflatable giraffes dont sing!

latinlover
15th-July-2005, 03:35 PM
Well if we're talking about former ballroom champions, who've been on tv (Blue Peter, for example :whistle: ) I've danced with Sparkles :worthy:

R-K :flower:

You beat me to it :angry:
BUt I have danced with Linda Ellard (nee Barker) who is , of course mrs Ceroc,
and wow was it amazing!! :clap:
I had only been dancing 6 months or so and she made me feel like I was the only person in the world she wanted to dance with!
fab!

Donna
15th-July-2005, 03:40 PM
And did he try that move where he lies you flat on your back and saws you in half? It's great for double trouble when there aren't enough ladies apparently.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Donna
15th-July-2005, 03:44 PM
BUt I have danced with Linda Ellard (nee Barker) who is , of course mrs Ceroc

And...I've danced with Mr Ellard....twice. Oh yeah, anyone remember Jean Paul??? Top ballroom dancer?? In fact, was one of the top 15 ballroom dancers in the world and appeared on TV last year???? Well, I'm having ballroom lessons with him every weekend now. Aaammmaaazzing teacher. :clap: I'd love to dance with Darren Bennett though. Anytime....anytime. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Sheepman
15th-July-2005, 05:20 PM
Well if we're talking about former ballroom champions, who've been on tv (Blue Peter, for example :whistle: ) I've danced with Sparkles :worthy: :yeah:
Maybe this should be on the thread of which famous person do you want to dance with, but I think what can be so special about the dancing scene is that you can get to meet and dance with world champion dancers, and icons, why would you want to dance with other famous people who probably aren't up to it as dancers anyway?

OK, now I'd better not say which famous people I've danced with... :blush:

Greg