14th-July-2005, 04:08 PM
Just out of interest

Aleks
14th-July-2005, 04:09 PM
ME!
although I still need to fill in the form and hand over money

Purple Sparkler
14th-July-2005, 04:38 PM
Well, I'm hoping not all the team cabaret places are filled.

And that KatieR and myself can find some willing men soon. We're working out our choreography this weekend but we need some partners!

Any volunteers from the London Forumites? :flower: It's going to be a very fun cabaret. Silliness as well as technical excellence, we hope.

Might need someone with Double Trouble experience, too...

drathzel
14th-July-2005, 04:46 PM
ME!
although I still need to fill in the form and hand over money

:yeah:

ducasi
14th-July-2005, 04:50 PM

Tiggerbabe
14th-July-2005, 05:45 PM
Got my tickets this morning :D :clap:

Cruella
14th-July-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm coming up with JiveP and a couple of others, but haven't sent off for my tickets yet, as am waiting to see if i can confirm my potential competition partner first.

Stuart M
14th-July-2005, 09:06 PM
My grandparents should really have been more considerate in January 1945 - Dad's 60th that day, so I won't be exercising the judging panels' minds...or their laughing muscles more like :rofl:

ElaineB
15th-July-2005, 01:11 PM
Most definitely - a posse of us will be coming up from Bristol and Cardiff!, including myself and Simon! :clap: :clap: :clap: Should be about ten of us I think

Have booked the hotel and the flights........must get round to getting the tickets now!

Elaine

Missy D
15th-July-2005, 06:50 PM
I will be coming up! Would love to enter - bit tricky doing drops etc on your own though.

Hopefully coming up to Edinburgh before hand

jockey
16th-July-2005, 12:26 AM
I would love to come and compete in Scotland, but the logistics seem insurmountable (Im from Brighton and my partner is from the Basque Country (N. Spain is the answer to your question) and we have given up comps (she tells me).
However I should come cos I was christened Ian.
Could we get a lift from the airport?
Jack.

Tiggerbabe
16th-July-2005, 01:35 AM
Could we get a lift from the airport?
Jack.
Depending on what time you arrive, I'd be happy to pick you up from the airport. :D

Piglet
16th-July-2005, 11:40 AM
Got my tickets this morning :D :clap:

Me too! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Same morning - does anyone know if that one ticket covers the Friday night party too? Or have I got tickets missing? :confused:

Dance Demon
16th-July-2005, 11:44 AM
Think the Friday Party is separate...but you could drop Scot an e-mail at dance@ceroc.info and he will confirm

ducasi
16th-July-2005, 12:44 PM
Who's thinking of doing the Lucky Dip?

I'm in two minds. On the one hand I reckon it could be fun. On the other, I'm concerned I'll ruin some poor girl's day as I don't think my standard of dancing is ... let's say ... competitive.

Tiggerbabe
16th-July-2005, 01:01 PM
does anyone know if that one ticket covers the Friday night party too? Or have I got tickets missing? :confused:
You sure it's not in your envelope? It's a small (credit card sized) blue ticket.

If not then you need to pm/phone/e-mail Scot as you need it to get into the Friday night party.

I'm in two minds. On the one hand I reckon it could be fun. On the other, I'm concerned I'll ruin some poor girl's day as I don't think my standard of dancing is ... let's say ... competitive.
GO FOR IT DUCASI! The Lucky Dip is fun! Bigtime fun! I've done a few, and I've enjoyed every single one - favourite memory of the lucky dip at the moment is seeing SASSY 1 and her partner having such a great time at the London Ceroc Champs this May :clap: :D

Piglet
17th-July-2005, 09:02 PM
You sure it's not in your envelope? It's a small (credit card sized) blue ticket.

Thanx for the advice - nope def not got little blue tickets... will chase up!
Cheers :cheers: :hug:

Piglet
17th-July-2005, 09:04 PM
GO FOR IT DUCASI!

:yeah: We can be Lucky Dip Virgins together! :hug:

Lorna
17th-July-2005, 09:18 PM
I shall be there for the saturday and really looking forward to it as I missed it last year being pregnant and moving house.

See you all there,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Scot
18th-July-2005, 11:07 AM
Well, I'm hoping not all the team cabaret places are filled.

I hope you get that together team cabaret is my favorite bit

Buttons
18th-July-2005, 11:46 AM
I will be going with my partner on Saturday, we are hoping to enter intermediate and lucky dip. We need to get tickets though. Don't know about Friday which is why we are holding back. :blush:

DavidY
18th-July-2005, 01:22 PM
We need to get tickets though. Don't know about Friday which is why we are holding back. :blush:I seem to remember from a previous year you could get tickets on the door for the Friday night. Maybe Scot (or someone) could confirm whether this will be true this year?

If so you could enter the categories you want and decide about Friday later.

Scot
18th-July-2005, 01:26 PM
I seem to remember from a previous year you could get tickets on the door for the Friday night. Maybe Scot (or someone) could confirm whether this will be true this year?

If so you could enter the categories you want and decide about Friday later.

Indeed this is true :)

skippy
19th-July-2005, 10:47 PM
Got my tickets..............now where did I put them????????? :rofl:
Competing with a guy (Simon) who I have only danced with several times but it's the taking part that counts afterall it is for Charity.
:cheers: :kiss:

Scot
20th-July-2005, 04:26 PM
Got my tickets..............now where did I put them????????? :rofl:
Competing with a guy (Simon) who I have only danced with several times but it's the taking part that counts afterall it is for Charity.
:cheers: :kiss:

Exactly it is a fun :clap: event so any one with reservations please don't be put off by the word "competition" and besides there is lots of freestyle dancing oppertunities

John S
22nd-July-2005, 12:39 PM
there is lots of freestyle dancing oppertunities
There had better be - my traditional first round exits in the Lucky Dip and the Intermediate are going to leave a lot of time to be filled!!! :sick:

Full credit though to Scot and his team for putting in the hours on what I'm sure will be a top-class event. :clap:

JoC
22nd-July-2005, 01:52 PM
Just posting my application today, hope there are still ladies places left in the Lucky Dip...?

:)

DavidY
23rd-July-2005, 11:00 PM

GO FOR IT DUCASI! The Lucky Dip is fun! Bigtime fun! I've done a few, and I've enjoyed every single one - favourite memory of the lucky dip at the moment is seeing SASSY 1 and her partner having such a great time at the London Ceroc Champs this May :clap: :D :yeah: I would definitely enter (in fact I already have)!

I tend not to take them too seriously - just go in and have fun. You may end up with someone who's better than you, but that's the nature of the competition and I don't think anyone would mind too much.

And of course by paying to enter the competition, your entry fee helps to support a good cause. :clap:

ducasi
26th-July-2005, 06:23 PM
Posted!!!! :waycool:

I'm going in for the Lucky Dip, so watch out JoC and Piglet (and any other lady lucky dippers) – you never know your luck! :wink:

Haven't decided on the Friday yet... Really depends on how I'm going to get there and back, and whether I want to stay overnight Friday and Saturday. From a wee look at a map the venue is a bit of a walk from the nearest train station and the favoured hotel.

Who's going from Glasgow and wants some company in their car? :flower:

Scot
30th-July-2005, 11:52 AM
For those wanting to enter a Showcase we now have 3 possibly 4 entries.

Since this was not advertised it is free to enter and the prizes will be the same as for the open. If you are intrested PM, Email or Email me for my Phone No. and let me know.

Its for Charity what you got to lose :wink:

Paul F
31st-July-2005, 12:49 AM
Looks like I will be making the journey up north for the Friday and Saturday.

This will be my first time dancing in Scotland. I cant wait :grin:

I will be venturing up with Victoria (Keiths partner from C2D). Fantastic dancer :worthy:

Hope to meet loads of forumites. :hug: :hug:

johnah
31st-July-2005, 12:11 PM
About 25 of us from the Nottingham area have booked flights, hotel and got tickets. Some of us are arriving on the Thursday, with the rest following on Friday. We're all looking forward to the pre-comp party and the Championships. So to all our friends in Scotland, see you soon.

www.jiveaddiction.com

Dance Demon
31st-July-2005, 12:53 PM
About 25 of us from the Nottingham area have booked flights, hotel and got tickets. Some of us are arriving on the Thursday, with the rest following on Friday. We're all looking forward to the pre-comp party and the Championships. So to all our friends in Scotland, see you soon.

www.jiveaddiction.com

:clap: :clap: YAY...be great to see you guys...'specially at the Friday night party...the Mighty Tiggerbabe and me are doing the music that night. should be a great weekend all in :clap: :clap:

Scot
31st-July-2005, 01:27 PM

www.jiveaddiction.com

Well you are in luck we have a dance night on the Thursday as well Marcos, 55 Grove St, Edinburgh it is a nice busy night so lots of people to dance with

johnah
1st-August-2005, 03:55 PM
:clap: :clap: YAY...be great to see you guys...'specially at the Friday night party...the Mighty Tiggerbabe and me are doing the music that night. should be a great weekend all in :clap: :clap:

OK DD, you're whetting our appetites, can't wait! Heard a rumour that the "Mighty Tiggerbabe" is spinning some tunes at Southport in September too!
:clap:

skippy
2nd-August-2005, 12:38 AM
Looking forward in seeing you again (will you be at Marcus Garvie on the Monday before?) Coming down to practise with Simon G!!!!

johnah
2nd-August-2005, 11:26 AM
Looking forward in seeing you again (will you be at Marcus Garvie on the Monday before?) Coming down to practise with Simon G!!!!

:flower:

At the moment the liklihood is yes, but it's possible I might take a last minute mini-break before coming up for the Champs! Either way look forward to another dance and, if you're at MG you know there'll be a warm welcome awaiting you.

:hug:

ElaineB
2nd-August-2005, 08:01 PM
I have a question for you lovely Scottish peeps from the Wurzelrocks. He is thinking of coming up from Cornwall and would like to know:

a) How far from Edinburgh Airport to the Travel Lodge in Musselbrough

b) How far from the Travel Lodge to the venue?

c) Does anyone have an idea of how much a taxi will cost for a) and b).

Many thanks

Elaine (from Bristol - not quite as far as Cornwall! :D )

skippy
3rd-August-2005, 12:39 AM
I have a question for you lovely Scottish peeps from the Wurzelrocks. He is thinking of coming up from Cornwall and would like to know:

a) How far from Edinburgh Airport to the Travel Lodge in Musselbrough

b) How far from the Travel Lodge to the venue?

c) Does anyone have an idea of how much a taxi will cost for a) and b).

Many thanks

Elaine (from Bristol - not quite as far as Cornwall! :D )

The answer to your question is that there is a good bus from the airport to Edinburgh train station where you can get a train from there to Musselburgh. Not quite sure of cost but think it would be alot cheaper than a taxi. (that's for sure) :confused:
The travel lodge is about five/ten mins drive but I am sure there will be lots of other peolpe around to share lifts etc.
I would like less than a fiver!
Hope that helps :cheers:
Look forward in seeing anyone from down south it is such great fun and everyone should come you will want to come back year after year after year!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Skippy

Dance Demon
4th-August-2005, 06:49 PM
OK DD, you're whetting our appetites, can't wait! Heard a rumour that the "Mighty Tiggerbabe" is spinning some tunes at Southport in September too!

Yay...another Scottish DJ...welcome to the team Sheena :clap: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
7th-August-2005, 11:34 PM
Yay...another Scottish DJ...welcome to the team Sheena :clap: :clap:
Thanks :hug: (just logging on at Lory's as I'm still in London - back home tomorrow though in time for the Invercarse)

drathzel
8th-August-2005, 01:00 PM
Change mine from definetly going to BOOKED!!! woo hoo :clap:

Scot
8th-August-2005, 06:05 PM
For those of you needing new dance shoes just to let you know that Kingdom of Dance will have its usual shoe stand there

www.kingdomofdance.co.uk

Tiggerbabe
9th-August-2005, 12:22 AM
For those of you needing new dance shoes .......
Well :whistle: that would be all the girls then :clap: :clap:

Little Em
9th-August-2005, 12:41 PM
Well :whistle: that would be all the girls then :clap: :clap:

And clothes dont forget there fab clothes.... I know David and Jaime have some new fab stuff in! :D

Tiggerbabe
9th-August-2005, 01:42 PM
I know David and Jaime have some new fab stuff in! :D
Oh no!!!! :wink: :rofl:

Cruella
9th-August-2005, 01:48 PM
And clothes dont forget there fab clothes.... I know David and Jaime have some new fab stuff in! :D
You plugging already!

Little Em
9th-August-2005, 04:14 PM
You plugging already!

I just cant resist!!! :D

Yogi_Bear
9th-August-2005, 04:46 PM
Haven't been before and thinking of going this time....still persuadable either way. Mainly there for a long weekend and the odd dance ot two, possibly the DWAS...haven't booked anything yet though.

drathzel
9th-August-2005, 04:58 PM

might have to go for clothes as i had no luck with the shoes.... my feet are just too wide :tears:

Tiggerbabe
9th-August-2005, 07:21 PM
Haven't been before and thinking of going this time
Then don't sit there thinking - get on with booking it!

If for no other reason than it raises a load of money for charity

- not to mention it's a fabulous weekend, Scot (and his crew) makes it better and better every year. It's loads and loads of fun, there's lots of wonderful dancers and to top it all there's a pre-comp party on the Friday night (did I mention I'm dj-ing along with DD :wink: )

killingtime
10th-August-2005, 01:47 PM
For those of you needing new dance shoes just to let you know that Kingdom of Dance will have its usual shoe stand there

www.kingdomofdance.co.uk

Will they be at the Friday night "warm-up" party as well; do you know?

Scot
11th-August-2005, 09:08 AM
Will they be at the Friday night "warm-up" party as well; do you know?

They will be setting up on the Friday I suspect but yes they should be there.

Scot
11th-August-2005, 09:17 AM
For those of you going to the Friday night party

Just to say we have some guest DJ's playing first up will be Dance Demon, second Tiggerbabe or the Mighty Tiggerbabe as I have seen her referred to.

Who knows one day I might be a good enough DJ to get a fancy name.

Promises to be a great night so don't miss out......

Easter Bunny
12th-August-2005, 12:19 AM
I will be venturing up with Victoria (Keiths partner from C2D). Fantastic dancer :worthy:

I'll say she jolly well is. I watched her compete with Keith recently in Weston Super Mare, they looked amazing together, Victoria is such an elegant dancer.

Jayney looked blooming in her pregnancy too ! :flower:

Looking forward to seeing you all in Edinburgh.

x Lesley

Easter Bunny
12th-August-2005, 12:25 AM
Hope to meet loads of forumites. :hug: :hug:

Question:
Any chance the forumites will be wearing badges ? It would be great for us first timers to Scotland to put a face the name.

Scot
12th-August-2005, 03:53 PM
Question:
Any chance the forumites will be wearing badges ? It would be great for us first timers to Scotland to put a face the name.

Now theres a thought whos up for that :)

Aleks
12th-August-2005, 05:34 PM
Now theres a thought whos up for that :)

I'm happy to wear a badge - are you going to organise them and have them ready to pick up at the front desk Scot? When we were at Southport Bardsey had them printed with our name and avatar waiting for us.

drathzel
12th-August-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm happy to wear a badge - are you going to organise them and have them ready to pick up at the front desk Scot? When we were at Southport Bardsey had them printed with our name and avatar waiting for us.
Not me.... mine hadnt printed... but i am happy to wear a badge!!!

ElaineB
12th-August-2005, 07:00 PM
Question:

Well, I know who you are!!! :D :wink:

Just received our tickets - yay!!!!

Elaine

Cruella
12th-August-2005, 07:17 PM

Elaine
Me too. Am getting excited now. :D

skippy
12th-August-2005, 07:21 PM

Think it's a great idea but think Scot will have loads aready to do!!
Perhaps we could help out? :cheers:
If everyone could make their own, but if anyone can't then just let me know and I can try and make some. :hug:
Gail x

ducasi
12th-August-2005, 07:24 PM
Me too. Am getting excited now. :D Me three! :D

Scot
15th-August-2005, 08:35 AM
Well, I know who you are!!! :D :wink:

Elaine

Most people should have recieved their tickets if not please contact. If you have not sent your app in yet I would greatly appreciate if you could do so sooner rather than later. It makes my life easier. :wink: You can download an application from www.cerocscotland.com or if you happen to be in Edinburgh you can hand it into the Venue Manager either on a Mon, Tue, Thurs, or Saturday Party.

JoC
15th-August-2005, 12:27 PM
My ticket was waiting for me when I got home yesterday, along with my first competition number plate :what: . I was being soooo casual about entering the lucky dip until I got my number, and discovered all of a sudden, and to my surprise, that I'm nervous!

Can't wait though!!! :clap:

Scot
15th-August-2005, 01:42 PM
My ticket was waiting for me when I got home yesterday, along with my first competition number plate :what: . I was being soooo casual about entering the lucky dip until I got my number, and discovered all of a sudden, and to my surprise, that I'm nervous!

Can't wait though!!! :clap:

Don't be nervous its a fun event and you have nothing to lose :grin:

killingtime
15th-August-2005, 06:03 PM
Most people should have recieved their tickets if not please contact. If you have not sent your app in yet I would greatly appreciate if you could do so sooner rather than later.

I don't expect my ticket yet as I only handed in my form on Thursday :blush:. It was while I debated entering the lucky dip; which in the end I entered. I'm sorry whoever gets me; I'll try and make the dance entertaining at least :rolleyes:.

David Bailey
16th-August-2005, 10:44 AM
Don't be nervous its a fun event and you have nothing to lose :grin:
Yeah, right. Does that advice ever work?

Surely everyone gets nervous in any competition?

Oops, nearly went on a competition rant there, but whew, I'm sure I got away with it.

Buttons
16th-August-2005, 03:17 PM
. I'm sorry whoever gets me; I'll try and make the dance entertaining at least :rolleyes:.From Killing Time

I am glad that you decided to enter and know that you will make the dance entertaining. Just beware of those women (ME)who steal the lead when you least expect it. :eek:

killingtime
16th-August-2005, 06:36 PM
I am glad that you decided to enter and know that you will make the dance entertaining. Just beware of those women (ME)who steal the lead when you least expect it. :eek:

Buttons; you know you can steal the lead from me anytime :D (even the occasional time I don't want you too) just don't expect me to be a very good follower :na:.

JoC
16th-August-2005, 09:47 PM
Don't be nervousI'm sure the crowd will melt away once I'm in the arms of my mystery partner. :)

ducasi
16th-August-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm sure the crowd will melt away once I'm in the arms of my mystery partner. :) There's going to be a crowd?!? :eek:

:wink:

Buttons
17th-August-2005, 12:51 AM
Buttons; you know you can steal the lead from me anytime :D (even the occasional time I don't want you too) just don't expect me to be a very good follower :na:.

For someone who has only been dancing a short while, you are picking up the following aspect brilliantly. It is the look of horror on your face that keeps me laughing. If we get each other in the lucky dip keep that look on your face and we can win for sure

under par
17th-August-2005, 05:39 AM
Mrs Par and I are sorry we will not be attending the comp.

We have looked to attend something in Scotland this year but shifts and cost have conspired against us.

Hope you all have a great time. :yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Scot
17th-August-2005, 09:00 AM
There's going to be a crowd?!? :eek:

:wink:

Don't worry I will tell them to close their eyes :na:

drathzel
17th-August-2005, 09:02 AM
Don't worry I will tell them to close their eyes :na:

Phew... thank god for that one.... what about the judges? :D

Scot
17th-August-2005, 12:52 PM
Phew... thank god for that one.... what about the judges? :D

Ah now you are making certain assumptions there..... :whistle:

JoC
17th-August-2005, 01:00 PM
Ah now you are making certain assumptions there..... :whistle:
There are no judges? Or perhaps there is only 1 judge? I know, the audience judges using clapometer :clap:

Scot
17th-August-2005, 02:38 PM
There are no judges? Or perhaps there is only 1 judge? I know, the audience judges using clapometer :clap:

Now theres is a thought one Judge no arguements :D

JoC
17th-August-2005, 10:14 PM
So am I allowed to ask who else has entered the lucky dip? I know a few already from this thread and just 'knowing' (that would be using ESP obviously).

eviep
17th-August-2005, 11:05 PM
you guys are soo slow with your tickets - had mine ages - my lucky dip number is 11!!!! :nice:

Funky Mado
17th-August-2005, 11:38 PM
Hello!
Havn't been on forum for a while cuz my internet has been bust. Will have to catch-up on whats been talked about.
I'm SO exited about the ceroc champs! and it's gona be on my birthday!!! :grin:
But here's me without a car and I not wanting to get a train, on my own, on my birthday.
Can anyone spare a seat in their car for me? I live in Cupar so anyone around Fife area or Dundee would be best! I am not going to the Friday Pre-Compitition party so would only be needing the lift on the Saturday, and if you cant give me a lift on the way there but you can give me one on the way back, would you please let me know. I might have to put up with a lonely train ride.
Could you please PM me a.s.a.p

FunkyMado :hug: :flower:

drathzel
18th-August-2005, 09:50 AM
you guys are soo slow with your tickets - had mine ages - my lucky dip number is 11!!!! :nice:

Thats our intermediate number! :clap:

killingtime
18th-August-2005, 11:17 AM
For someone who has only been dancing a short while, you are picking up the following aspect brilliantly. It is the look of horror on your face that keeps me laughing. If we get each other in the lucky dip keep that look on your face and we can win for sure

Sounds fun! I'll try and maintain a look of horror if you are my partner :rofl:. It's great knowing you might try and steal the lead it keeps the dance so... edgy for me.

Scot
20th-August-2005, 12:43 PM
Sounds fun! I'll try and maintain a look of horror if you are my partner :rofl:. It's great knowing you might try and steal the lead it keeps the dance so... edgy for me.

Well you should be easy to spot :eek:

Piglet
20th-August-2005, 10:54 PM
Thats our intermediate number! :clap:

And mine and my partner's when you put them together :clap:

Dreadful Scathe
20th-August-2005, 11:19 PM
...and my IQ after reading this forum for 3 years :)

filthycute
21st-August-2005, 08:01 PM
...and my IQ after reading this forum for 3 years :)

You won't have a number at all Mr Smurf *tut tut*.....I have been advised to make sure you have sent for tickets :eek: :rolleyes:

BTW we are number 5 :clap: my lucky number

and my lucky dip is 87

filthycute x

ducasi
21st-August-2005, 08:35 PM

and my lucky dip is 87 Who knows... maybe 87 will be my new lucky number :wink: ... in just under two weeks' time... :eek:

drathzel
21st-August-2005, 08:38 PM
5.5? didnt know that was possible! or is that your lucky dip nos put together! :hug:

Buttons
21st-August-2005, 08:41 PM

Like sitting on a knife's edge over a 200 foot cliff. :eek:

Dreadful Scathe
21st-August-2005, 09:15 PM
You won't have a number at all Mr Smurf *tut tut*.....I have been advised to make sure you have sent for tickets :eek: :rolleyes:

and my lucky dip is 87

filthycute x
I received my tickets several days ago - so no problem there :)

Paul F
22nd-August-2005, 08:21 PM
Question:

Couldnt agree more. When Minnie made some for us all at MJC it worked really well.
At least if we were wearing a little something there would be no chance of escape :whistle: :nice:

Scot
23rd-August-2005, 10:31 AM
Couldnt agree more. When Minnie made some for us all at MJC it worked really well.
At least if we were wearing a little something there would be no chance of escape :whistle: :nice:

I do not know if someone is organising this but if they are they can leave the badges at the desk to pick up.

Scot
24th-August-2005, 01:01 PM
Only 8 Days to go

There is limited time left for us to post out Tickets so please get your entry in as soon as possible or alternatively drop it off in Edinburgh either on the Thursday or the Saturday this week.

Scot
28th-August-2005, 11:56 PM
For those of you coming up for the Comp I just realised the Fireworks are on in Edinburgh on the Sunday Night. What a great way to finish your weekend

CJ
29th-August-2005, 12:52 PM
2 Q's:

1) Will there be a forum corner?

2) Is anyone doing badges?

3) Can I help.

BTW, it looks like I'll be bring Honor: do you think Scot will waiver the admin charge?!? :D

Tiggerbabe
29th-August-2005, 01:00 PM
2 Q's:
:rofl:

Think we might just have to do sticky label badges - you're bringing HONOR? - :waycool: :clap:

drathzel
29th-August-2005, 01:42 PM
I'm wearing a backless top... where can i stick my competition number? :tears:

killingtime
29th-August-2005, 01:51 PM

To your forehead?

drathzel
29th-August-2005, 02:10 PM
To your forehead?
how will i see? its a big number!!!!! :tears:

ducasi
29th-August-2005, 02:20 PM
Bring a prit-stick and glue it on to your back?

drathzel
29th-August-2005, 02:22 PM
Bring a prit-stick and glue it on to your back?

ouch! Really not helping people!!!! :kiss:

ducasi
29th-August-2005, 02:26 PM
ouch! Really not helping people!!!! :kiss: OK, how about a few discreet threads round your back attached to where there is a bit of dress with safety pins, and then attach the number to that?

CJ
29th-August-2005, 02:29 PM

On ur ass with drawing pins?? :whistle:

killingtime
29th-August-2005, 02:30 PM
ouch! Really not helping people!!!! :kiss:

You could put it a bit lower :devil:.

Scot
29th-August-2005, 04:48 PM
You could put it a bit lower :devil:.

It would appear this thread has been moderated my mail does not match with what has been said here. Perhaps just as well :what:

Can I suggest that you put it at the side of your dress below hip level

drathzel
29th-August-2005, 04:53 PM
It would appear this thread has been moderated my mail does not match with what has been said here. Perhaps just as well :what:

Can I suggest that you put it at the side of your dress below hip level

thank you scot for a sensible suggestion *sticks tongue out at everyone else* :rofl:

ducasi
29th-August-2005, 05:06 PM
thank you scot for a sensible suggestion *sticks tongue out at everyone else* :rofl: I thought my second suggestion was fairly sensible... :shrug:

drathzel
29th-August-2005, 05:50 PM
I thought my second suggestion was fairly sensible... :shrug:

Nah what if my partner caught his hand on it and it ripped the rest of my top :tears:

ducasi
29th-August-2005, 05:55 PM
Nah what if my partner caught his hand on it and it ripped the rest of my top :tears:
He wouldn't do that, would he? :yum:

drathzel
29th-August-2005, 05:58 PM
He wouldn't do that, would he? :yum:

On if he thought it would get us extra points........trust me... it wouldn't! :rofl:

killingtime
29th-August-2005, 06:19 PM

Hey; it was Ceroc Jock that started making it a little too off topic and that part of the thread was move to upstairs. I would never be so cheeky to say the things he did :innocent:.

drathzel
29th-August-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey; it was Ceroc Jock that started making it a little too off topic and that part of the thread was move to upstairs. I would never be so cheeky to say the things he did :innocent:.
and it would just get sent upstairs again!!! See C.J i told you it was your fault! :rofl:

filthycute
30th-August-2005, 12:15 PM
2 Q's:

1) Will there be a forum corner?

2) Is anyone doing badges?
3) Can I help.

BTW, it looks like I'll be bring Honor: do you think Scot will waiver the admin charge?!? :D

Coincedently (sp?) we have not long had James' 4 year old nephew visiting. On trying to keep him amused i thought i'd make him badges. Just using some sheets of white stickers some cleverly positioned boxes they actually turned out no bad at all :o well i thought so.

Anyhooooooo.......

I can rustle something up but my only day to do it is tomorrow.......can maybe print the odd 1 or 2 stragglers on Friday......but if people want to let me know, fill yer boots :D

fc x

oh yeah, it woulod be helpful to let me know what you want on it aswell.

filthycute
30th-August-2005, 12:48 PM
ps if you want one can you let me know if you want your real name or your forum name on it.

ta

fc x

ducasi
30th-August-2005, 01:13 PM
oh yeah, it woulod be helpful to let me know what you want on it aswell. If I had the time I'd be sooo be up for helping! :flower:

I reckon a badge with the Ceroc Logo and below it, "Ceroc Scotland Forum" on the right... The person's avatar on the left... And in the middle, their real name (if known) and their forum name in brackets below (if different). How does that sound?

There's the 31 names of the people who said on the poll that they'd be there to start with... :nice:

JoC
30th-August-2005, 01:36 PM
I reckon a badge with the Ceroc Logo and below it, "Ceroc Scotland Forum" on the right... The person's avatar on the left... And in the middle, their real name (if known) and their forum name in brackets below (if different). How does that sound?

Not asking for much are you :rofl: . If it was me I'd have to offer you a choice of black marker pen or green marker pen.

ducasi
30th-August-2005, 01:40 PM
Not asking for much are you :rofl: . If it was me I'd have to offer you a choice of black marker pen or green marker pen. Sorry, my perfectionist nature is showing again (and it's how I would do it.) :blush:

I'll take the black marker pen and be very happy. :o

killingtime
30th-August-2005, 02:01 PM
Not asking for much are you :rofl: . If it was me I'd have to offer you a choice of black marker pen or green marker pen.

I'd like mine in green please :D.

filthycute
31st-August-2005, 01:38 PM
ok this is the badge progress.....

Stickers will have avatar on left (or there abouts) real name and then forum name in brackets underneath. The list so far goes

filthycute, jive brummie, drathzel, tiggerbabe, Franck, dreadful scathe, dance demon, Jammy, skippy, bee bee, Gus, ducasi, piglet, Aleks, paul f, cruella, CJ, petal, peaches, burge, fran, luca, heather, chicklet, dave hancock ,pretzelmeister, lorna, scot, cheeks, tweetie.

I took the liberty of making for those i know who are going but haven't voted, and for those i think are possibly going.

Anyone care to tell me who i've missed?

oh yeah...killingtime.....don't know your real name.

fc x

CJ
31st-August-2005, 01:53 PM
Thanks, Melanie for your efforts!! :flower:

JoC
31st-August-2005, 02:01 PM

Stickers will have avatar on left (or there abouts) real name and then forum name in brackets underneath. The list so far goes

filthycute, jive brummie, drathzel, tiggerbabe, Franck, dreadful scathe, dance demon, Jammy, skippy, bee bee, Gus, ducasi, piglet, Aleks, paul f, cruella, CJ, petal, peaches, burge, fran, luca, heather, chicklet, dave hancock ,pretzelmeister, lorna, scot, cheeks, tweetie.

I took the liberty of making for those i know who are going but haven't voted, and for those i think are possibly going.

fc x
Nice one Melanie!
Going on the list...missing from the already booked people:

David Gunn, DavidY, eviep, geordian, johnah, Keith, Morganne, sassy1, Scotch Bonnet

and the def going list:

Buttons, ElaineB, JohnS, Lindsay and little old me.

I may have got mixed up with some of them because I don't know real names and I guess you may know whether some people have changed their plans since voting...

ducasi
31st-August-2005, 02:04 PM

Stickers will have avatar on left (or there abouts) real name and then forum name in brackets underneath. :clap: :clap: :clap:

:worthy:

filthycute
31st-August-2005, 02:06 PM
What do i do with the names that don't have avatars?
Just name in colour of my choice?

fc x

Tiggerbabe
31st-August-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanks Melanie :hug:

I know that Hevmac (Heather MacLean from Dundee) and Diamond Geezer (Alex) are also going - and then there's Lisa and Bill. :clap:

JoC
31st-August-2005, 03:29 PM

fc xThat'll do for me :)
As the person making the effort you're allowed to make executive decisions as you see fit. ;)

Funky Mado
31st-August-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm going :D :D :D
I don't post much but do I still get a sticker??? :( please?
I can't wait 'til the weekend!!! :clap:

FM :flower:

ElaineB
31st-August-2005, 07:12 PM

fc x

That is really sweet of you to make all those stickers! Looking forward to meeting you and the all the other forumites!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

johnthehappyguy
31st-August-2005, 10:19 PM

fc x

hi Melanie, a badge would be great.

( if you have time)

Thanks very much,

john :nice:

filthycute
31st-August-2005, 11:11 PM
All the badges are done, except Funky Mado, but i'm on it :D and i've done 2 of each....just incase :o

I'm not sure of some real names though,
Sassy1
Buttons
geordian
funky mado
and i'm not sure if Cruella is Diane or Diana.

if people above prefer not to have real names on or don't want to post their name on this thread thats okay.

any last minuters will be done on Friday, so there is still time if anyone isn't on the list. (the list is everyone who voted yes, and a wee bit more....like Peaches, dave & Jennifer, etc :wink: )

fc x

filthycute
31st-August-2005, 11:28 PM
Sassy1 is sorted

fc x

filthycute
31st-August-2005, 11:31 PM
Don't know Buttons name though

Hevmac
1st-September-2005, 08:56 AM
you are a star girl!!! it will be really good to put names to faces.....especially for those of us who don't 'post' very much...... :blush:
looking forward to the weekend...(think :sick:)...nerves setting in...oh god just don't want to look daft!! :really:
thanks melenie. :hug: :cheers:

Cruella
1st-September-2005, 11:10 AM
All the badges are done, except Funky Mado, but i'm on it :D and i've done 2 of each....just incase :o

I'm not sure of some real names though,
Sassy1
Buttons
geordian
funky mado
and i'm not sure if Cruella is Diane or Diana.

if people above prefer not to have real names on or don't want to post their name on this thread thats okay.

any last minuters will be done on Friday, so there is still time if anyone isn't on the list. (the list is everyone who voted yes, and a wee bit more....like Peaches, dave & Jennifer, etc :wink: )

fc x
It's Diana, but usually my friends call me Di. So as we're all friends..... :flower:

Easter Bunny
1st-September-2005, 11:19 AM
ps if you want one can you let me know if you want your real name or your forum name on it.

ta

fc x

Oooh, please can I have a badge ?

Easter Bunny (with a bunny if possible)

Many thanks

Lesley Wyrill

Donna
1st-September-2005, 11:20 AM
Just wanna say Good Luck to all those competing this Saturday. I'm off to sunny France this weekend so can't make it. Anyone doing Brighton???

Dazzle
1st-September-2005, 01:01 PM
Was really hoping to make the Scottish Champs, but guess a partner would help!?!?!?! :sick: Open to offers!

Guess I will just have to be content with DJ'ing at the Northwich Freestyle on Saturday instead. :tears:

GOOD LUCK to all those competing with a special bias to those from the North West, you know who you are! :clap: :clap: :clap:

John S
1st-September-2005, 03:50 PM
Melanie

You're a star for making up all those badges - I always knew that design course you were on would pay off one day!

I guess there will be forum members who haven't been identified yet - they'll see all the badges and wish they had one - would it be feasible for a few blanks to be available (with a black or green marker pen to please JoC) so that they could make up their own on the day?

drathzel
1st-September-2005, 03:55 PM
(with a black or green marker pen to please JoC)

What about me, i want blue markers avaliable too! :rofl:

ElaineB
1st-September-2005, 07:04 PM
I just wanted to wish three of the Bristol contingent, very Happy Birthdays!!!

Linn Britton's is today, Mark Jones tomorrow and Becky is on Saturday!!! See you all there for a big party! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

Paul F
1st-September-2005, 07:14 PM

fc x

:hug: :hug:

Thanks for that. You're a star

:cheers:

Cruella
2nd-September-2005, 09:07 AM
Just leaving home to make my way to the airport. I'm all excited!!! Will see you all tonight. :clap: :kiss: :clap: :cheers:

Baby Peaches
2nd-September-2005, 01:41 PM
GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW to everyone who is competing. Have a great day to all! :clap: :clap:

Donna
2nd-September-2005, 01:43 PM
HA HA I'll be in France!!! :clap:

Dance Demon
2nd-September-2005, 03:34 PM
HA HA I'll be in France!!! :clap:

HA HA.....you'll miss all the fun :na:

Peaches
2nd-September-2005, 04:43 PM
:flower: Thanks very much Melanie :hug: Sorry havn't been paying attention this week and didn't realise you were busy making badges. Thanks for including me , even though I hadn't voted :blush: Big :clap: :clap: for you and DS tomorrow.
love Fiona x

Almost an Angel
2nd-September-2005, 05:33 PM
Good Luck all of those competing

Let all of us know the results when they're in.

Angel xxx

Mary
2nd-September-2005, 09:47 PM
Really wish we could be there. Good luck everyone and have a great time. Tony and I will be thinking of you all.

Mind you, we have got Twyford to look forward to. :clap: so it's not all doom and gloom.

Lots of luck to all our mates - don't want to show any preferences 'cos you're all fab, but different. Kick ass guys.

M

Minnie M
2nd-September-2005, 09:52 PM
Good Luck all of those competing

Let all of us know the results when they're in.

Angel xxx
:yeah: :clap: :yeah:

Chicklet
3rd-September-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm far too late with this but all the best to everyone and big hugs all round.
I had the time of my life last year and not being fit to get there today makes that all the more of a special memory. :flower: .....if I'm still "broken" next year (not nearly as absurd as it might sound - you haven't seen the SECOND scan LOL) - maybe I'll pester to see if we can get some kind of WebSmurfCam set up and I can watch from the icebath!

love to all
Cass :hug:

JoC
4th-September-2005, 12:54 AM
:D
What a fantastic day!!!!!!! Big well done to all the competitors and big thanks to the organisers. :clap:

And thanks for all the dances everyone. :)

Mary
4th-September-2005, 01:10 AM
What a fantastic day!!!!!!! Big well done to all the competitors and big thanks to the organisers. :clap:

And thanks for all the dances everyone. :)

Oi!!! What about posting some results????

We've come rushing back from Twyford, eager to get some results and...............nothing.

Although a big well done to Simon and Nicole - we did hear about their result.
:clap: :clap:

M

killingtime
4th-September-2005, 01:28 AM

It was indeed a fantastic day. The organisers did do a great job and the event seemed to run smoothly. I don’t know if, behind it scenes, it was all chaos though.

JoC
4th-September-2005, 01:34 AM
Oi!!! What about posting some results????

We've come rushing back from Twyford, eager to get some results and...............nothing.

Although a big well done to Simon and Nicole - we did hear about their result.

MOoooh...errmmmmm...(help somebody please!!!). Phil (of Phil & Yuko) and Denise (of Dundee) won the open. I'm afraid I can only come up with vague descriptions of what people look like after that, you might be able to work out who they are...young (I hope they don't mind my saying that) couple from down south won the advanced (both fair-haired if that helps). I think I'll slink and scuttle away now and leave the rest to someone who knows, hope you don't have to wait all night... :wink: Oh and Denise and Sam won the Lucky Dip.

killingtime
4th-September-2005, 01:47 AM

What a fabulous job you did on all the badges. It must have taken you ages since each badge was unique. Thank you so much :hug:.

marty_baby
4th-September-2005, 01:59 AM
Hiya Guys,

The bristol Crowd did really well! :na:
Some results so far:

Winners:

Showcase
Elaine and Simon - yeeeeeessss!

Advanced
Becky and Matt - oh yes....

Intermeadiates
Wait for it.
Lizzie and Mark! ---- Well done peeps! :na:

Lory
4th-September-2005, 08:18 AM
Well done to everyone who competed! :worthy:

I can't wait to hear a full report.......... anyone?? :flower:

Funky Mado
4th-September-2005, 11:24 AM
I had such an AMAZING time!!! My first ceroc comp. and my birthday!!! It was the best way to spend it!! :D :waycool:

Well done to everyone who competed! :worthy:

Sorry can't remember. I think 3 women from Aberdeen won the double trouble, but don't quote me on that.

Some excellent dancers up from England!!! :na:

Thankyou everybody for my dances! and cheers to Melanie for the stickers!

FM :flower:

Piglet
4th-September-2005, 03:22 PM
Yep! Double Trouble was won by Lindsay, Karen and Yvonne!

Well done girls, you did Aberdeen proud! Especially up against Betty :rofl:

JoC
4th-September-2005, 03:34 PM
Not forgetting Abba Antics, the team cabaret victors :clap: :wink: .

Piglet
4th-September-2005, 03:37 PM
Or Melanie and her partner (sorry not sure who he was) who did wonderfully well in the Scot Competition 2 where Melanie danced blindfolded.

Who won the Scot Competition 1 again?? Was it not Lydnsey from Aberdeen who lead in the Double Trouble?? Not sure who her partner was either though.

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2005, 04:00 PM
BRILLIANT COMPETITION
- we all had a fabulous time.

Friday night party was great - brilliant pre-comp atmosphere - in fact, no-one wanted to go home and Scot had to let us have one last dance :whistle:

Huge :clap: to Scot, Angela and Fran - the hall looked FAB on Saturday!!!

Loads of freestyle - loads of fantastic dances :drool: - and I only bought one t-shirt and only ordered one new pair of shoes :wink:

Couple of fun competitions during the day too, which was a great idea - The Scottish Challenge - first one involved the ladies leading and the guys following and the second one had the ladies blindfolded :D

Many congrats to the Bristol Crew for winning the Showcase, the Advanced and the Intermediate comps.

Dundee managed to retain the Lucky Dip title though with Sam and Denise.

And then Denise and Phil won the Open.

The Abba Cabaret was brill!

Betty and his two minders, in the double trouble were awesome - how does he manage to dance in those heels :eek:
And well done Cruella and Little Em, we had a right laugh as an incredibly late entry into the Double Trouble Competition :D
Lindsay, Karen and Yvonne, from Aberdeen, won the title.

Everything kept well on time and Obi had all the results posted up quickly too.

Bill was a total star, giving massages during the day, and all for charity.

I think the total raised on the day was £6000 but Scot's going to post the final count later on.

Some incredible outfits on view but my fav had to be Piglet's dress - WOW!

Everyone danced their sox off after the presentations!

And not that I'm at all biased - but if you can only go to one competition next year - make it the Scottish one :wink: :D

Minnie M
4th-September-2005, 04:06 PM
Well done to all
:cheers: :yeah: :worthy: :clap: :kiss: :hug:
photos please !

Must try to get there next year - looks like we missed an amazing weekend :tears:

ducasi
4th-September-2005, 04:43 PM
I had a really great time, despite feelings of inadequacy and indigestion which stopped me dancing as much as I otherwise would have. I enjoyed every dance I had, despite giving a bit of a "damp squib" performance, rather than the "on fire" one I'd liked to have given. Thanks for putting up with me. :flower:

I'll post some more thoughts up on my blog later once I've figured out what they are. (Got loads of pics too, but I'm very sure they'll all be blurred ... watch this space...)

Just like to say congratulations to all the winners, in fact, to all the competitors. They were all magnificent. (Well, apart from one guy in the Lucky Dip. :tears: )

I was really proud of some of our local talent who were competing for the first time and I thought were pretty damn good. I understand Blackpool isn't so far away... :grin:

Was good to meet some of the forumites there... Hope to see you again next year, if not sooner.

Big thanks to all the ladies who looked after me. Driving me, nursing me, comforting me, accommodating me, and just generally looking out for me. :hug:

Fran, Angela, Scot, Obi and anyone else involved in the setting up and running of this event – you did a fantastic job. :worthy:

:cheers:

Graham W
4th-September-2005, 04:46 PM
Well Done to the Bristol 'crew', I hope to be there next time after all that excitment!

G

Piglet
4th-September-2005, 04:52 PM
BRILLIANT COMPETITION
- we all had a fabulous time.

Friday night party was great - brilliant pre-comp atmosphere

Huge :clap: to Scot, Angela and Fran - the hall looked FAB on Saturday!!!

I second all that - in fact I meant to write it first! but got sidetracked by trying to think who won what.

[Some incredible outfits on view but my fav had to be Piglet's dress - WOW!

Thank you Sheena! You are a sweetheart. By the way I'm willing to loan it out if anyone's interested :whistle: Not planning on wearing it at anything in the near future anyway - although when I bought it I was told the lady who bought one just before me was off to get married in Barbados so I might just drop some strong hints to my boyfriend :rofl: But that plan isn't on my list either!

And I want to say a big thanks to Dave who has never bought anything green in his life, but went and got a brilliant matching shirt to keep me happy! Wow! What a partnership that is :hug: :hug: And a bigger thanks to Patricia for letting me steal him away for so much dance practice! :flower: :flower:

Cruella
4th-September-2005, 05:41 PM
Or Melanie and her partner (sorry not sure who he was) who did wonderfully well in the Scot Competition 2 where Melanie danced blindfolded.

Who won the Scot Competition 1 again?? Was it not Lydnsey from Aberdeen who lead in the Double Trouble?? Not sure who her partner was either though.

That was Andy Smedley, ceroc teacher from Northampton.
Thanks Tiggerbabe and Littleemc-central for the great fun we had doing the doubles, hopefully it wasn't too obvious that we had literally just made it all up before walking onto the floor. I thought the open final was fab, personally couldn't take my eyes off SimonR and Nicole, guys you were awesome. :worthy: Thought Brady and Lyndsys showcase was highly entertaining, who on earth would have thought of using frogs as their theme!!! Met some new forumites, but lots i didn't meet cos there was just too many dances to be had!
Well done Scott and crew, may just have to come up next year. :kiss: :flower:

Jive Brummie
4th-September-2005, 06:02 PM
Can only echo what's already been said. Well done to all those successful on the day, you all danced very well indeed.

Have to mention though some particular people who danced fantastically IMO that'll be worth a watch for the future....

Jamie & Danielle...(have a soft spot for these two as they've worked hard in preperation and it showed...watch out Blackpool)

Gail & Simon...Gail your dancing has gone from strength to strength recently and what with looking great aswell...you have my utmost respect.

John & Heather..great dancing, so musical and a pleasure to watch ...

and finally (and apologies for those I can't recall in my current cream crackered state)...

Melanie & Burge. Melanie's first competition and so why not enter the open! Thought you both did fantastically well. Was really impressed and fully expect to see you competing together in Blackpool...(that wasn't a request by the way :wink: ). P.s. Great legs!...and No Burge, not yours :whistle:

As I said can't remember every great moment as there is undoubtedly too many to think off.

John & Hazel
Dave & Jennifer
Brady & Lyndsey
Brady & Gail
Bill & Lyndsey
Double troublers
Alan & Avril
Nik & Melanie

and all the rest :clap: :worthy:

JB x x

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2005, 06:29 PM
I couldn't take my eyes off SimonR and Nicole, guys you were awesome. :worthy:
Agreed, especially that bit where Nicole walked right over the top of him :D - wonder if he teaches that move in class?
Keith and Victoria were amazing too - and Janey should have got a prize for managing to look so gorgeous :hug:

One of my fav moments was dancing with Tony (C2D) and the look on his face when he put me into a spin and my skirt knocked out about 6 couples in our immediate vicinity :wink: :whistle:

Great to meet new forumites, especially Killingtime :hug: - Melanie the badges were awesome!

Keith
4th-September-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi guys,
Just got home, absolutely shattered, but what a weekend! Well worth all the travel. As I say every year, you guys are an amazing crowd, so friendly, excellent dancers & an abundance of energy.
I'd like thank everyone for their support, it helps all dancers when you hear a cheer for something you've done & it felt like we were in front of a home crowd, and I'm sure all the other competitors felt the same way.
Great music, great organisation, with fantastic support staff.
From myself, Janey my wife & love of my life, and Victoria, my fantastic dance partner & seamstress (Making not only my shirt, but also her fab elf like dress), a huge thank you.
A quick apology to a couple of ladies I promised dances to & unfortunately didn't manage to get back to! Nothing deliberate, unfortunately the night was too short & or couldn't find you, sorry.
Looking forward to seeing you at Southport, much more time to cram those dances in. I'll be the one leaving the blues room around 7.30 am, see you there!
Finally a huge well done to all the dancers, for braving a competition, never easy on the nerves, whether it’s your 1st or 20th! Congratulations to all the finalists & especially all the winners.

ElaineB
4th-September-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi guys,
Just got home, absolutely shattered, but what a weekend! Well worth all the travel. As I say every year, you guys are an amazing crowd, so friendly, excellent dancers & an abundance of energy.
I'd like thank everyone for their support, it helps all dancers when you hear a cheer for something you've done & it felt like we were in front of a home crowd, and I'm sure all the other competitors felt the same way.
Great music, great organisation, with fantastic support staff. :clap:

Rats Keith, you got there before me!!!

I can only echo what Keith has said, especially the crowd - you Guys were amazing and Simon and I really felt on Cloud 9 when you welcomed us for our Showcase!!!!

Would like to say to Ceroc Scotland that the event was absolutely brilliant! Well run, outstanding music for the competition rounds (and in between!) and to do it all for the Barnardos charity - you deserve medals!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done to all the competitors, as ever, the standard of dancing in the competition was amazing! :worthy:

Elaine

PS - nearly forgot - the Judges!!!! How you manage to keep smiling all the way throught the rounds I just don't know, but it makes it much easier to perform!! :clap:

Paul F
4th-September-2005, 08:15 PM
!!! AMAZING !!!

Thats the best way I can think of summing it up.

Its official, I now want to move to Scotland.

For me it was my first time to Scotland. I found the friendliness and warmth of all those I came into contact with, both within the event and outside, to be so welcoming. This is a common response from people visiting Scotland from what I can tell. I can see why :hug: :hug:

The event itself was absolutely brilliant in every way. The highlight for me, apart from the fantastic dancing (and I mean fantastic) was the music.

I have been to freestyles before and enjoyed a great night of music but, for those of you who didnt manage to make it, I can promise you that this weekend was a truly breathtaking weekend of music. The mixture of tracks that were played just enticed you onto the floor one after another. So for those that were responsible for choosing (i think it was Scot, DD and Sheena)......

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

You have set a benchmark in my eyes.

I mentioned to a girl I was dancing with that I thought the music was possibly the best mix I have ever heard and she responded with ..
"you dont dance much in Edinburgh do you"
I said no and asked why. She told me that they get this quality of music all the time there :tears: :tears: :tears:
I want to move to Scotland :tears:

The competition was fab. A huge congrats to all those winners and those taking part. And of course my hat goes off to the organisers for ensuring things went........wait for it.......

To the minute in accordance with the timetable

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Something to be proud of.

All together - awesome dancers, quality competitions, brilliant venue with a floor to die for, plenty of freestyle, free water, cheap bar, welcoming atmosphere, heavenly music and great facilities for the competitors (from what I hear).

I was a bit hesitant about being able to make the BFG due to commitments elsewhere but after experiencing this weekend there is nothing that can stop me revisiting north of the border.

Thankyou all once again for a weekend to remember.

Paul F
4th-September-2005, 08:30 PM
Oh, and a big :clap: to those at the Chinese restaurant on Musselbrough high street for fitting 17 of us in without booking
(we told them to go on the forum :grin: )

With Tony's charm, and dogged persistance, anythings possible :rofl:

That man could sell ice to the Eskimos :wink:

Mary
4th-September-2005, 08:32 PM
I was a bit hesitant about being able to make the BFG due to commitments elsewhere but after experiencing this weekend there is nothing that can stop me revisiting north of the border.

Thankyou all once again for a weekend to remember.

That's why I am SO looking forward to the BFG.

M

Dreadful Scathe
4th-September-2005, 08:33 PM
It was a great competition :). Congratulations to all the winners. Thanks to Scot and Angela for letting Niamh and Honor visit, they were no trobule, and enjoyed the music.

The showcases were great, I don't know why Elaine and Simon were so nervous with such a well structured and funny routine. Nice one :)
Lindsay and Brady were hilarious - will anyone else use Crazy Frog as music to dance to in a competition ? :rofl:

As for me...er...I was so unsure about entering the Open, I felt it was way out of my league..which it is...but i have now recovered from falling over and the video footage doesnt look anywhere near as bad as i thought it would :eek:. Still, I'll watch Melanie dancing from the crowd in future ;)

Paul F
4th-September-2005, 08:34 PM
That's why I am SO looking forward to the BFG.

M

Im sure your card must be full by now but could you squeeze not-so-little me in? :flower:

Paul F
4th-September-2005, 08:36 PM
As for me...er...I was so unsure about entering the Open, I felt it was way out of my league..which it is...

I disagree :cheers: Well done.

As for the showcase. I will never forget where I was when I first heard the phrase....."its not easy, to be green" :grin:

Mary
4th-September-2005, 08:54 PM
Im sure your card must be full by now but could you squeeze not-so-little me in? :flower:

I wish!!! But at least it isn't empty now - thank you. :hug:

Sounds like everyone had a great time - I would rate it as the most fun and friendly of all the MJ comps. Just wish we could have been there. And I think the best bit is the meal afterwards with whoever can be grabbed to so along - usually lots.

M

killingtime
4th-September-2005, 09:36 PM
Great to meet new forumites, especially Killingtime :hug: - Melanie the badges were awesome!

Thank you very much for making my first competition dance not scary :worthy:. Loved it and I wish I had the chance to dance with you some more :D.

You should keep the template for the badges Melanie so we can print them out for another events.

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2005, 10:16 PM
the chance to dance with you some more :D.
I'll be at Marcos on Tuesday :wink:

ducasi
4th-September-2005, 10:37 PM
Me too! :D Now if you tell me you're going to be in Aberdeen on Wednesday, I'm going to get paranoid! :wink:

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2005, 10:43 PM
Me too! :D Now if you tell me you're going to be in Aberdeen on Wednesday, I'm going to get paranoid! :wink:
Sorry Ducasi, but I've a previous arrangement with a younger man that night - my son's 16th birthday :D

ducasi
4th-September-2005, 10:54 PM
Sorry Ducasi, but I've a previous arrangement with a younger man that night - my son's 16th birthday :D Over-looked for a younger man... :rolleyes: But I'll let you off this time – Happy Birthday to your son. :)

(It's funny in recent weeks people have estimated my age at 24, then 23, then 22! I'm not complaining though! :D)

Dreadful Scathe
4th-September-2005, 11:10 PM
Over-looked for a younger man... :rolleyes: But I'll let you off this time – Happy Birthday to your son. :)

(It's funny in recent weeks people have estimated my age at 24, then 23, then 22! I'm not complaining though! :D)
42 i thought ;)

Minnie M
4th-September-2005, 11:28 PM
42 i thought ;)
The meaning of life............. good age to be, even if you are not :cool:

ducasi
4th-September-2005, 11:38 PM
42 i thought ;) The combination of nerves and tiredness can age a man very quickly! :o

JoC
5th-September-2005, 12:09 AM
The combination of nerves and tiredness can age a man very quickly! :o
What was to get nervous about? :confused: :devil:

drathzel
5th-September-2005, 12:12 AM
Well, dont know what to say that hasnt already been said, but it was a fab day and a half!

Jamie and i had a fab time and to be placed 3rd in our first ever competition was just beyond our wildest expecatations. Thank you sooo much to everyone for their support, especially daddy Colin and surrogate mummy Elaine, who looked after jamie and i, to the fab couple who have a soft spot for us, for their encouraging words.... and the cheeks for fixing my costume when it fell apart (luckily we werent dancing at the time :blush: )

The music was fab and we had a brilliant time, hope to see you all at southport of the BFG!!!! :hug: :hug:

ducasi
5th-September-2005, 12:18 AM
What was to get nervous about? :confused: :devil: Having to dance with you and repeat the "super smooth" performance. What else? :whistle:

killingtime
5th-September-2005, 12:32 AM

Yeay :clap:! I hope to get a dance with you then :D.

jammy
5th-September-2005, 12:37 AM
Well, dont know what to say that hasnt already been said, but it was a fab day and a half!

Jamie and i had a fab time and to be placed 3rd in our first ever competition was just beyond our wildest expecatations. Thank you sooo much to everyone for their support, especially daddy Colin and surrogate mummy Elaine, who looked after jamie and i, to the fab couple who have a soft spot for us, for their encouraging words.... and the cheeks for fixing my costume when it fell apart (luckily we werent dancing at the time :blush: )

The music was fab and we had a brilliant time, hope to see you all at southport of the BFG!!!! :hug: :hug:

yeh what danielle said :yeah:

kiddin on i had a great time its one of those days i will never forget i want 2 thank everyone who was suportin me and danielle but i mostly wanna thank danielle again i wouldnt of got this far without her shes fab :hug:

SteveB
5th-September-2005, 01:18 AM
Hello all! I dont really come on here much any more but I would just like to offer a few thanks to people! Also to say my honest opinion on the competition this weekend!

My biggest thank you goes to Melanie - my open dance partner! It was Melanies first shot at a Ceroc competition and to do so well at that level is a credit to herself! She looked so fabulous and im proud to say that i enjoyed our dances so much! Thank you for making my shirt as well that i wore on the day! Was all just brilliant! Thank you for putting in so much effort for me and i am proud of what you have achieved in such a short space of time...i look forward to more practice in the future with you. :hug:

Would just like to say a big thank you to all of the support that we received off everyone, especially Pauline (thank you for my trousers!), Melanie and James, Lisa, Denise, Lorna and Brian.

Denise and Phil, Keith and Victoria in the open were fab, John and Hazel looked brilliant in the advanced and so did Danielle and Jamie in the intermediate! Well done!

Great showcases, unfortunately there can only be one winner but you all did so so well!

Well done Scott and Angela for making such an event go so successful. Well done to all of the judges for giving up their time and making the event possible also.

However, It would be nice next year if the scottish teachers be allowed to dance in the open, it was such a shame that they were unable to dance in their own back yard and im sure would have made for an even greater spectacle and event this year. The way forward for Scotland is seeing their own teachers compete against each other, alongside their demos. That would make fantastic atmosphere and create a sense of pride and a healthy competition within the scottish ranks at having all of the people who teach a chance to show what they can do instead of waiting once a year at Blackpool. Just a thought but maybe if they wont be allowed next year in the open then make a special one off final for a teachers event against each other to give the occasion some extra punch! Just a thought but it would be great!

Well done to all of you who competed!

Steven :cheers:

Monika
5th-September-2005, 06:30 AM
What a BRILLIANT event!!! :) Huge well done to Scot and Team for organising such a fantastic event :worthy: Great competition and such a fun day :clap: :clap: Lot's of outstanding performances all day long and Dundee and Aberdeen Teams and crowd did so well again - fantastic! :clap: Particularly impressed with Steven and Melanie btw - well done guys! Also huge thank's to my amazing and lovely partner for your support and for putting up with me and my nerves :flower:
Lovely to watch the Double Trouble girls and thought all the showcases were superb too and the audience for creating a great athmosphere all day long.
Certainly a day to remember and all in aid of charity :worthy: :)
Monika :hug: :grin:
...one little practical question... does a "lost and found" service exist? I was buzzing after so many hours of dancing and walked away from my (pink) jacket and a wee black bag with 2 pairs of shoes... oops... :) :blush:

Scot
5th-September-2005, 09:05 AM
Dear All

Just a quick note, as I am at my day job, to thank you all for supporting this event and for the money you have raised for Charity. I have yet to finalise the figures.

I would like to thank Angela, Fran, Obi, Bill, Sheena, John, the judges and the many other volunteers that helped us setup for this event. You are the best

The standard of dancing just seems to increase year on year thanks to everyone for a fantastic day.

Will post the results tonight when I get home

With thanks

Scot

Lorna
5th-September-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi guys,

what a great weekend. I had a great time. :cheers: Well done to Scot and his team. Just gets better every year.

Had great dances with everyone. Thank you. :kiss:
Just one that I'd like to mention in particular and that was my dance with Victor to 'Zoot Suit Riot'. (not sure of spelling and too tired to find out). Oh my god!!! Fast but amazing. Thank you. I believe that Gus managed to get it on video. Would love to see this if possible.

Bit disappointed I didn't get a dance with Simon R. :sad: I was looking for you at the party on Sat but couldn't find you. Hopefully next time.

Really enjoyed judging. Thought you all were fab and found it quite difficult this year. Standard was amazing. Well done everyone.

Just one more mention for 'my boys'. (Steve and Brian). You both did yourselves proud. Thank you for the lovely dances. :flower:

Can't wait for next year. :grin:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Hevmac
5th-September-2005, 10:49 AM
Everybody has already said it but i will say it Again.........FANTASTIC eventThanks to Scot, his team of helpers and the judges. it ran beautifully to time. The music was excellent (except for the track in our intermediate heat which i had never heard of before!!...hey i know it shoudn't make dfference!)....especially sheenas music on friday...awesome! :worthy:
the standard of dancing just seems to get better and better. fabulous to watch all of you. Well done to all the winners and to the 'crowd' for making collectively such a great and friendly atmosphere. :grin: i am proud to be from dundee!!! :cheers: :hug: [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hevmac
5th-September-2005, 10:53 AM
ps. yes melanie great badges! it lost its sticky so i couldn't transfere it to all my tops... i wonder can you send me an email with mine? i want to put it on a t shirt?.....thought a fabric transfere? taxx :hug: :grin:

CJ
5th-September-2005, 11:06 AM
Well, was my first comp: and wont be my last.

Firstly, I want to thank my partner for taking me through the day with such an amazing smile.

Secondly, to Scot and the team: so many things already said, but just to add my personal thanks and congratulations.

Honor would like to thank you for allowing her in to the foyer and for meeting Niamh and all you lovely people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thanx Nik for pix!!)

Some truly amazing and inspirational dancing. Am looking forward to seeing pics...

Armstrong had a great meal in the Thai, but was slightly upset you left him to settle the bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(just a little query: is there an official view on someone being in the showcase category AND intermediate? :whistle: ) :rofl:

filthycute
5th-September-2005, 12:02 PM
Now i've got some time to myself, i'd like to add my tuppence worth.

Firstly i'd like to thank my partner Nik. aka, Dreadful Scathe. We had a great dance and i know he felt terrible afterwards, but it wasn't all bad. Although all the comotion (sp?) with the music didn't help. No warm up and a dodgy intro to our first track was a bit unerving :sick: Anyhoo...... I had a great time and thank you for putting up with me and wearing pink :eek:

I thought the level was really high this year....the highest i've seen in Scotland, and i sure wouldn't want to be judging. All categories were tough and i think that it will be like this year after year. It has proved to be one of the most popular competitions and more and more people are heading north for it. Long may it continue.

List of big ups.....

Steve and Melanie...i didn't get a chance to see you in action, but i've seen a little footage and it looked fab. The outfits were stunning and of course.....the legs.... :clap:

Jamie & Danielle....watch out for these guys in Blackpool. They are a great young couple and did really well. They will go from strength to strength in the run up to March. :worthy:

Brady & Lindsay...Frogs?.....I bet that was Lindsay's idea :wink: Brilliant!!!

Keith & Victoria ...weren't they absolutely astounding!!?!?! I couldn't take my eyes off them

Denise & Phil... I thought you guys looked beautiful. It was great to see Denise back dancing and it was great to have Phil up to Scotland again. You were both stunning :flower:

I think DD & Heather were unfortunate not to get in the final, they danced lovely, and i thought David and Jamie were kicking a$$ to their fast track.

So many great things happening and it was all down to a very hard working team.....Many thanks to Scot, Angela, Fran, Obi, and everyone else who was mucking in. Party organiser extraodinaires :clap: :clap:

Well done to everyone who was competing , hope to see you all again next year!

fc x

Bill
5th-September-2005, 04:24 PM
Great day - great weekend :D

Actually didn't see too many finals - so I'll book myself out for them next year (if I'm invited back!) but what I did see looked amazing :worthy: :clap:

Was really chuffed that our Aberden girls wone the DT - well done girls :cheers:

Thought John and Heather weree dead certs for a place in the final - you looked absolutely terrific and thought you really deserved to be in the final :cool:

Would have loved to have had more dances - but isn't that always the case.Congratulations to everyone and huge thanks to so many folk coming up from down south. Hope you all make it back next year. :D :wink:

Ann
5th-September-2005, 06:02 PM
Hello Scotland.

It was a real privilege to judge you guys on Saturday. The standard was even higher than before and the in between dances I had were fabulous.

Thanks for having us - we are already looking forward to next year.

And if you aren't committed to Franck's BFG on Sat 22 October how about a trip to Newcastle to help us celebrate 10 years of Ceroc here?! (Shameless plug - will I get away with it??)

Simon r
6th-September-2005, 08:27 AM
Dear All

Just a quick note, as I am at my day job, to thank you all for supporting this event and for the money you have raised for Charity. I have yet to finalise the figures.

I would like to thank Angela, Fran, Obi, Bill, Sheena, John, the judges and the many other volunteers that helped us setup for this event. You are the best

The standard of dancing just seems to increase year on year thanks to everyone for a fantastic day.

Will post the results tonight when I get home

With thanks

Scot

would be good to see the results please .........

Dreadful Scathe
6th-September-2005, 09:26 AM
how many points do you get for falling over? :)

its lucky I cant spell mortyfied.

drathzel
6th-September-2005, 09:53 AM
how many points do you get for falling over? :)

its lucky I cant spell mortyfied.

You didn't fall over... you did a floor-ial! :rofl:

Scot
6th-September-2005, 11:15 AM
RESULTS

Lucky Dip Final
1 Sam Elassar Denise McGuire ,Score 16
2 Late Entrant + Sarah Evans-Platt ,Score 11
3 Andrew Smedley Claire Taylor ,Score 10

Intermediate Final
1 Mark Jones Elizabeth Drewitt ,Score 16
2 Clarence Taylor Elaine Hinks ,Score 15
3 Jamie McGregor Danielle Rathzel ,Score 14

Advanced Final
1 Becky Rendell Matt Kavannah ,Score 13
2 John & hazel Lusby ,Score 11
3 Dave Hancock Jennifer Manzie ,Score 6

Double Trouble Final
1 "Yvonne Thom
Lindsey Marshall
Karen Milne" ,Score 22
2 "Sheena Assiph
Diana Gregory
Emma Sabin" ,Score 21
3 "Anne Harper
Kim Smith
Bill Foreman" ,Score 16

Open Final
1 Denise McGuire Philip Webb ,Score 68
2 Nicole Beckey Simon Rich ,Score 65
3 Keith Davies Victoria Rosen ,Score 63

Show case
1 Elaine Barwell & Simon Arundel ,Score 71
2 Lindsay Brown & Brady Rodgers ,Score 68

Team Cabaret
1 Abba Antics

Scot
6th-September-2005, 11:54 AM
I know the Comp is not yet cold yet but just to let you know the next one will be 8th/9th Sept 2006 :D

Thanks again to everyone for supporting this one

Scot

drathzel
6th-September-2005, 12:00 PM
I know the Comp is not yet cold yet but just to let you know the next one will be 8th/9th Sept 2006 :D

Thanks again to everyone for supporting this one

Scot

Where do we sign???? :D :rofl:

Buttons
6th-September-2005, 02:34 PM
I really enjoyed the whole event. It takes some organising thanks to all who did. :clap:

I only have one observation - I don't know if it was just me but there did not seem as many Scottish entries as I expected, :sad: especially in the intemediate section and team entries. Any ideas as to why that was??

Lindsay
6th-September-2005, 07:11 PM
A great day, well done to all! :) :clap:
Can't believe Keith & Victoria were 3rd in the Open, I thought they rocked!!! :worthy:

You didn't fall over... you did a floor-ial! And I have it on video :wink:. Can we post (v short) video clips here or are they too big file-size?

I only have one observation - I don't know if it was just me but there did not seem as many Scottish entries as I expected, especially in the intemediate section and team entries. Any ideas as to why that was?? We're still recovering from B'pool.... :sick:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-September-2005, 07:42 PM
Can't believe Keith & Victoria were 3rd in the Open, I thought they rocked!!! :worthy:

they certainly did, but there wasn't much in it points wise.

skippy
6th-September-2005, 08:21 PM
A And I have it on video :wink:. Can we post (v short) video clips here or are they too big file-size?

Do you have any of me????? :flower:
my camera broke!!! :tears:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-September-2005, 08:43 PM
i have skippy footage ;)

why did your camera break, did you point it at me ? :)

skippy
6th-September-2005, 08:50 PM
Great
could you put it on video or dvd for me??? :hug:

No , didn't get a chance to point it anywhere!!
but if I had.........it may have been beyond repair!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Lindsay
6th-September-2005, 09:19 PM
Who is Skippy?? :waycool:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-September-2005, 09:43 PM
Who is Skippy?? :waycool:
that'll be tiny Gail from Dundee :)

filthycute
6th-September-2005, 09:48 PM

I has got all of your heats :D

I'll find my camera to TV cable and get it on a tape for you :flower:

Melanie x

killingtime
6th-September-2005, 11:37 PM
A great day, well done to all! :) :clap:

And I have it on video :wink:. Can we post (v short) video clips here or are they too big file-size?

Depends what sort of resolution they are. You might well be able to or maybe they'll be too big. If they are too big I'd be happy to put them up on my site and we can link to them from here. How they get from you to me would be the next hurdle then :).

Dance Demon
7th-September-2005, 12:01 AM
Finally found time to post........first off can I say well done to Scot and his team for a very well organised event. all the comp heats & finals ran like clockwork and on time...no mean feat, and i take my hat off to you :worthy: :worthy:
Was nice to see so many up from England, and i hope you all come back again next year....also great to see Jive addictions John & Wes, and Tony & Keith from Chance2dance......and to meet some of the southern forumites. Cruella, hope your toe isn't too sore :blush: ..........Friday party was great fun too..( nice set Sheena).........as for the competition.......well

Thought John and Heather weree dead certs for a place in the final - you looked absolutely terrific and thought you really deserved to be in the final :cool:

we thought so too Bill....but the judges would have had to come round to our side of the hall to see what you saw.....and none of them did :confused:
however quite a few people shared your views, including a few well experienced competition dancers.....which helped temper our dissappointment.
Anyway, big thanks & :hug: :hug: :hug: to Heather for being a fab partner. Also to JoC for a couple of nice dances in the DWAS......and....
Well done to everyone for making Bernardos the biggest winners of the day...over £6000.........FANTASTIC :waycool: :waycool: :worthy: :worthy: :waycool: :waycool:

John S
7th-September-2005, 01:48 PM
Firstly, full marks to Scot and his team for putting together the event. As has been said, the facts that (a) it ran to time and (b) the results were posted so quickly, are tributes to the professionalism of those involved. And the fact that everyone involved gave of their time for free is praiseworthy.

From Buttons
I don't know if it was just me but there did not seem as many Scottish entries as I expected, especially in the intemediate section and team entries. Any ideas as to why that was??
I think that was true and it would be a pity if the trend were to develop where only those who fancy their chances of winning a competition (or at least reaching the final) actually enter. Personally I've no illusions about winning and my entry fee was a more-or-less straight donation to charity! I enter on the same basis as Brechin City compete in the Scottish Cup - no chance of eventual victory (apologies to my LD and Int partners Avril and Fee!) but it's good to take part for a good cause.

But many dancers have reached a plateau where we know we won't significantly improve and being consistently eliminated in the first round can be hard to take, particularly as the general standard at "intermediate" level is constantly improving (and the winners are inevitably younger!). Money can be short and maybe there could be an incentive for those who know they're likely to go out of a competition early, similar to the repechage in rowing or a Plate competition for 1st round exits (I think these ideas have been discussed before on the Forum, time available being the main drawback).

I suppose though that it is a COMPETITION, which means that the winners will always be outnumbered by the non-winners - and in our politically correct times no-one wants to be a loser!

From Brady
For one, the venue was quite warm and could have benefited from some fans.
I agree the hall was very hot to begin with and would have benefited from some better air-conditioning and/or fans. That is definitely something to consider for next year.

From Brady
........ probably the most controversial point is regarding judging.
So - nothing new there! At every competition where there is subjective judging, from a village fete cake stall to the Olympic gymnastics, there will be some judging decisions that are controversial, no matter how good the training. Even where decisions should be based on objective facts (did the ball cross the line, was the batsman run out, etc) technology can show that human beings sometimes get it wrong.

When you enter a dance competition you have a right to expect that the judges have a degree of competence in their task, that they will judge impartially and to the best of their ability, but not that they will always reach the same conclusions as each other or as the competitors or as the audience. And sometimes if the floor is full, a couple can just be lucky or unlucky depending if the judge sees their mistake or their stylish move.

I don't know the exact way the individual judges' scores were moderated to ensure the marking was as fair as possible, and I do think perhaps they could have moved around the floor and/or taken notes a bit more while judging. But if it hadn't been for those prepared to carry out the thankless and unpaid (on Saturday at least) task, there would have been no competition at all, so credit to those who did it.

Scot
7th-September-2005, 08:36 PM
Good News final total was

£7064.00

:clap: :clap: :clap:

azande
7th-September-2005, 08:41 PM
Congratulations!!!!!

under par
7th-September-2005, 09:03 PM

£7064.00

Well done to everyone involved :yeah: :yeah: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Minnie M
7th-September-2005, 10:27 PM

£7064.00

:worthy: :yeah: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :yeah: :worthy:

Tiggerbabe
7th-September-2005, 10:41 PM

£7064.00

Way to go Scot, the team and everyone who was there on the day and helped reach this fab total! :clap:

Peaches
7th-September-2005, 11:42 PM

£7064.00

fantastic
and we all had an ab. fab. day. :worthy:
Lets keep it fun :) :) :)

John S
8th-September-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm sure Scot and his team will listen to comments, criticisms etc and take them into account for future events.

But it would be unfortunate if they were to get the impression that lots of people went away from the event unhappy or dissatisfied. Every single person I have spoken to since the weekend said that they enjoyed the day and that the event was well run - I'm not claiming any statistical validity for my survey, but it convinces me that Scot & co are doing something right.

Personally I don't want the Scottish event to be just a pale imitation of the Blackpool or London Championships - it has developed a character of its own and a unique element of being run on an entirely voluntary basis as a fundraising event for charity. (No use saying we could all have just written cheques and not bothered holding the event - the fact is that we wouldn't have done so, and in 3 years about £20 000 has been raised that wouldnt otherwise have been - fantastic achievement! :cheers: ) AND it's the best event I have attended for keeping strictly to the timetable, no minor achievement in itself!

And (again, personally) I don't want to see MJ go down the ballroom dancing route of being shoe-horned into a specific and regimented style which will win prizes, if it loses its accessibility to the majority of "non-championship-class" dancers. The strength of MJ is its ability and willingness to absorb other dance styles and still stay under the MJ umbrella: the weakness is that this makes judging between completely different styles more subjective (shown to its extreme on Saturday in the Showcase and Open Finals)

By all means get the best judges available, give them some training, publish the criteria they will work to, etc. But please don't think it will end controversy over decisions - it won't.

John S
8th-September-2005, 11:01 AM
Huh! By the time I had composed and submitted the above reply, all the messages about judging had been hived off to another thread!

B***y moderators - worse than judges! :kiss:

Mods - Could you please delete the previous message so that this thread is kept clear of "judging" comments - I've dragged it into the "judging" thread myself. Ta.