PDA

View Full Version : Flying Ants

bobgadjet
14th-July-2005, 12:53 AM
Yes, its that time of year again when those pesky little creatures get their wings, and get absolutely everywhere you don't want them to get.

Anybody got any sure fire remedies to get rid of them ?

Gojive
14th-July-2005, 08:55 AM
Yes, its that time of year again when those pesky little creatures get their wings, and get absolutely everywhere you don't want them to get.

Spray them with starch......it won't kill them, but you can have hours of fun watching them glide about going *wheeee....* :na:

under par
14th-July-2005, 09:01 AM
Spray them with starch......it won't kill them, but you can have hours of fun watching them glide about going *wheeee....* :na:

sick mind!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

under par
14th-July-2005, 09:02 AM

Try bribing them with cheap airline tickets to Florida.

Lynn
14th-July-2005, 09:30 AM
When I saw this thread I was reminded of the flying ants in Nigeria - chinge (sp?) - really big (for ants). The local children had their own way of dealing with them - grab them, pull the wings off ... and eat them! :sick: The adults fried them first - it was a local delicacy I refrained from, so not sure what they tasted like!

Andy McGregor
14th-July-2005, 09:36 AM
They don't last very long and are a nice natural phenomenon. If they bother you, try to ignore them and please don't kill them or squish them - celebrate nature in all it's forms :flower:

under par
14th-July-2005, 09:41 AM
They don't last very long and are a nice natural phenomenon. If they bother you, try to ignore them and please don't kill them or squish them - celebrate nature in all it's forms :flower:

Where did this load of GUSH eminate from Andy!! :angry:

You must really be missing Sue. :whistle:

Nick M
14th-July-2005, 09:48 AM

I agree with Andy

Imagine being an ant, crawling along the floor all the time, living in little dark holes. Not much fun.

Then imagine waking up one morning, and finding that you can fly! It would be like a totally left-footed muggle finding they had turned into Viktor overnight.

Why not leave them to their all-too-brief display of aerials?

under par
14th-July-2005, 09:58 AM
I agree with Andy

Imagine being an ant, crawling along the floor all the time, living in little dark holes. Not much fun.

Then imagine waking up one morning, and finding that you can fly! It would be like a totally left-footed muggle finding they had turned into Viktor overnight.

Why not leave them to their all-too-brief display of aerials?

But how often do us humans get a chance to swat ants instead of standing on them. :flower:

A glorious once a year opportunity to have some fun. :yeah: :yeah:

If the ants are big enough, a squash raquet has a wonderful double entendre feel about it. :clap:

Whereas for smaller versions a ping pong bat makes an ideal split splat sound when wafted about in a swarm of the little b*****s. :whistle:

Come on people you can only do this today and tommorrow do not waste this god given opportunity. :rofl:

Andy McGregor
14th-July-2005, 10:16 AM
Where did this load of GUSH eminate from Andy!! :angry:

You must really be missing Sue. :whistle:Of course I'm missing my girls :tears:

But, this is how I feel about these ants. Each year I stop my children killing them. I'm a real softie when it come to these things. I even catch wasps that get trapped in the house and release them in the garden :flower:

Pammy
14th-July-2005, 10:31 AM
I don't agree with killing or torturing any creature. If you're born an ant, you're born an ant. At least fellow earth sharers can do is allow them to live their short lives in peace.

I think any ant thrwackers should be thewacked with a racket themselves! :D

under par
14th-July-2005, 10:35 AM
I think any ant thrwackers should be thewacked with a racket themselves! :D

Ow! OWWW! OWWW! OWWWW!

That was nice Pammy. :drool:

Do you feel better now? :hug: :kiss:

Pammy
14th-July-2005, 11:01 AM
Ow! OWWW! OWWW! OWWWW!

That was nice Pammy. :drool:

Do you feel better now? :hug: :kiss:

Depends if you're hitting golf balls or ants in your avatar? ;)