PDA

View Full Version : Modern Jive January workshop

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
15th-December-2002, 03:40 PM
We've booked on a modern jive workshop/party on Saturday 18th January at Marco's Leisure Centre (the swing part is only on the Sunday). I know these guys from 4 years ago and they ooze style!

Information at www.boogienights.net

Lindsay
16th-December-2002, 12:07 PM
Mr Brush- who r u ?

:confused:

16th-December-2002, 02:37 PM
A private message is en route

20th-December-2002, 05:14 PM
This really deserves another posting- just got my letter: it's a whole w'end of dancing, Saturday & Sunday parties, Saturday and Sunday workshops.... at Marcos', Edinburgh (the Modern Jive is the Saturday).

A great w'end, looking forward to it!

Happy Xmas & New Year to y'all....

Lindsay
27th-December-2002, 02:57 PM
Cheers Mr Brush.... should be a good day!

6th-January-2003, 09:38 PM
Full monte?

Male or female?

:what:

Dance Demon
6th-January-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Basil Brush
Full monte?

Male or female?

:what:

100% male Beefcake!!!!!!!!

P.S. If you want to make a whole weekend of it, Start off on Friday Night @ ROUTE 66, just to get you in the mood....
www.route66jive.com

TheTramp
7th-January-2003, 12:45 AM
I'll be there on the Sunday night. And should be at the Route 66 thing on the Friday too....

Can't do swing though!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Steve

Dr. Feelgood
7th-January-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I'll be there on the Sunday night. And should be at the Route 66 thing on the Friday too....

Can't do swing though!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Steve

Swing definitely not required. Folk do anything which about 99% of the time is the dance form taught by Ceroc

:cheers:

TheTramp
7th-January-2003, 01:14 AM
Does it matter that I'm just a beginner too then??

Steve

Dr. Feelgood
7th-January-2003, 01:26 AM
Serious question - is that a serious question, Steve? (just in case I say something daft cos I've missed something) :)

TheTramp
7th-January-2003, 02:18 AM
Ummm.

Well....

Would you take, 'sort of a beginner'???

Steve

Lindsay
7th-January-2003, 11:25 AM
Steve- beginner??? A guy like you could pick up any dance style I'm sure- salsa, swing, ballroom..... in about 10 minutes.

Looking forward to seeing you for another dance (only got one in Glasgow and had to join the queue)!

Linz
x

TheTramp
7th-January-2003, 12:23 PM
Ummmm. :sorry :sorry :sorry

It's not true.

Damn. I'm still :sorry :sorry

Thanks Lindsay. I just wish it were true.... And I'm looking forward with some dances with you too.... :D

Steve

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
8th-January-2003, 12:09 PM
I am going to this now, can't wait for the cabaret- any of you forum guys or gals in it? Surely it isn't the FULL monte? Looking forward to it and hope to see you there.

8th-January-2003, 12:53 PM
I've heard it's a group of blokes but nobody has any idea who! You certainly wouldn't catch me revealing me bushy bits to you lot!

Jayne
21st-January-2003, 10:04 AM
Ok, so Saturday was three days ago now but this is the first time I've been near a computer since then...

Just wanted to say that I thought the party on Saturday night was BRILLIANT!! I've not had such a great night since the Scottish comp last year - and that's going some!! Great dancers, fantastic mix of dance styles (I even managed a cha-cha and a tango!!), space to dance, great atmosphere and the cabarets were great too! (Especially the Full Monte - haven't laughed so much in ages - meant in the nicest ways guys!) I went back to my brother's place afterwards on such a high!

And then there was the dance with Joseph.... The words of the day during the workshop were "smooth" and "chocolate". Let's just say that both words sprang to mind when dancing with him... :drool: :wink: :grin: Wendy, if the BTC committee were there I'm sure we'd have a new member in the team...

I enjoyed the workshop too - a couple of things to think about and I'm working on getting my leg over... :what:

*sigh* back to work now though....
Jayne
:nice:

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
21st-January-2003, 11:23 AM
Just HAD to add a comment about Sat. night, wowwwww that was some party, never had so much fun in my (dancing) life yet!!!!!!!! Everyone was so friendly, made me feel so welcome, lots and lots of talented dancers and everyone WASN'T dancing modern jive (that was a challenge). Think I managed to follow swingers-the mind was willing but the feet just couldn't execute it!

A super cabaret, very very very good! Nice to sit back and be entertained. The Full Monte- like Jayne says it was HILARIOUS (in the nicest way), and the all-girl number with the short skirts was dead sexy and well performed.

Saw the teacher Joseph dancing with the organizer Lindsey and I couldn't take me eyes off them. He is out of this world, and she is one stylish dancer.

So sorry I missed the workshops this time round, but will make big effort to go to next Boogienights class or party.

Jayne
21st-January-2003, 11:30 AM
Do I take from your post that you didn't get to dance with the lovely Joseph? You missed out, girl.... :wink:

Jayne

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
21st-January-2003, 11:37 AM
Yes I did ask him, and we danced to a poppy number, and I was concentrating so hard I don't think I did so well! But I agree, he was SMOOTH and lovely!!!! But married (like me!)

Ho de hum.

SwingSwingSwing
21st-January-2003, 11:39 AM
I messed up twice during the first ESDS number in the caberet.

Hopefully nobody noticed!

SwingSwingSwing

Jayne
21st-January-2003, 12:05 PM
So THAT's who you are!

Only joking! I didn't notice at all - thought all of the cabarets were great!

I wish I'd known that forum people were going to be there it would have been great to put faces to avatars! Next time..

Jayne

Lindsay
21st-January-2003, 12:27 PM
Hi Jayne, aka Fifi Trix,

(Now I know who you are..... )

Glad you enjoyed the weekend, and thanks for coming! Joseph and Trish are fab, really nice people too.

TheTramp
21st-January-2003, 12:33 PM
Had a great night here too (on Sunday)....

Thanks (again) DD, and Lindsay for some more great music, and lots of fun dances....

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
21st-January-2003, 12:46 PM
Unfortunately, I coudln't make it. Most dissapointed.

Im off to Ceroc Reading (yes - darkest England) tonight - Ill let you know if its any good :).

21st-January-2003, 05:10 PM

Top class weekend BoogieNights - thank you. The Saturday party was a total blast, best party night I've had in a long time.

Have booked up for the 'big' March party already!

Carla
23rd-January-2003, 03:55 PM
I would just like to echo all comments made about the Boogie Nights party- it was amazing!!!:D

Made a good change from ceroc...:sorry

trout
23rd-January-2003, 04:22 PM
Hear hear - the Boogie Nights party was great - if fact it was a brilliant weekend, starting with another amazing Route 66 night on the Friday.

:grin:

Jayne
23rd-January-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
I enjoyed the workshop too - a couple of things to think about and I'm working on getting my leg over... :what:

OK so I'm quoting myself again now...

For anyone who was at the Saturday workshop I tried the "leg over" move last night... I psyched myself up for it... did the return.. got my leg up... and my partner turned towards me to signal for a pretzel. Needless to say he ended up with a footprint on his upper arm... :sorry :innocent: oopps (the footprint itself was quite impressive though!! :what: )

I'll try the knee variant next time until I get it spot on then I'll try and get my leg over again...

Jayne
:grin:

23rd-January-2003, 07:45 PM
The leg over??? Sounds intriguing! This I'd love to see, Jayne....

Jayne
24th-January-2003, 10:24 AM

I'd demonstrate but we don't know who you are so I can't!!

Jayne

Stuart M
24th-January-2003, 10:55 AM

If you do want to see it I'd recommend you check your life insurance first... :)

Mind you foxes aren't very tall so I guess you should be OK!

Lindsay
24th-January-2003, 04:47 PM
A difficult move to thrown in, I have discovered this week... I guess the only time to do it might be immediately after a return (before the guy has a chance to pull you in!?).

I think the 'knee-over' version is safer!

25th-January-2003, 02:24 PM
Eyes will be peeled tonite!