PDA

View Full Version : In Case of Emergency (ICE)

DianaS
11th-July-2005, 12:10 PM
(I've moved this from another thread so it doesn't get buried too quickly can moderators unpick the origional Thanks)
The idea below seems sensible with or with out any terrorist threats. I'm still at risk more from my own driving(!) :whistle:

Following the disaster in London East Anglian Ambulance Service have
launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign with the support
of Falklands war hero Simon Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award.

The idea is that you store the word "I C E" in your mobile phone address
book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be
contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to
quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them. It's
so simple that everyone can do it. Please do. Please will you also forward
this to everybody in your address book, it won't take
Too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could
save your life.

For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc .

For more information on this initiative follow this link

http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/content/news/newsdetail.asp?newsID=646104183

drathzel
11th-July-2005, 12:13 PM
this is a fab idea.... just dunno who to put it against seeing as i dont have an ICE in the country i live in. :tears:

Purple Sparkler
11th-July-2005, 12:40 PM
this is a fab idea.... just dunno who to put it against seeing as i dont have an ICE in the country i live in. :tears:

I'd say choose a contactable friend, and then make sure they have the numbers of family.

Just done mine- I did two so if they can't get my Mum they can get my Dad, or vice versa.

drathzel
11th-July-2005, 12:42 PM
I'd say choose a contactable friend,

friend? wassat? :tears:

Purple Sparkler
11th-July-2005, 01:41 PM

Oh, stop being so melodramatic! I'm sure you have loads and loads of friends. Just pick someone you know to be reliable and contactable, and who would be happy to call round family in the event that something happened to you.

drathzel
11th-July-2005, 01:48 PM
Oh, stop being so melodramatic! I'm sure you have loads and loads of friends. Just pick someone you know to be reliable and contactable, and who would be happy to call round family in the event that something happened to you.

I do have friends, people i dance with and work with etc but someone who would want to be my ICE I dunno to be honest. A lot of my good friends aren't in the same city as me. and would that again not make it more complicated :hug:

DianaS
11th-July-2005, 02:01 PM
I do have friends, people i dance with and work with etc but someone who would want to be my ICE I dunno to be honest. A lot of my good friends aren't in the same city as me. and would that again not make it more complicated :hug:

All that is needed is a phone number of some one so that if you ever pass out in the street (TOO much alcohol, what are you like) or get run over by a bus, the poor sod who picks you up can let someone know where you are and that you are ok.

Imagine finding someone's phone and not knowing whether to phone their Mum or some random person who could end up being their 7 year old daughter. :sick:

Why not email your mates and see who wants to do it on a reciprocal basis so you can have an Ice 1-3? :wink:

That way if you are out and about and dancing some where very odd (Like Leicester for example how odder can you get) it won't matter where the other person is :whistle:

Even more important if your up to no good do you really want ot explain that to your Mum!! :blush:
I'm going to ask my mate who is as discreet as they come, and in the event of my untimely demise gets my Abba collection:cheers:

Lucy Locket
11th-July-2005, 02:16 PM

you have loads, we're all sitting on the sofa :flower:

Lucy Locket
11th-July-2005, 02:21 PM
That way if you are out and about and dancing some where very odd (Like Leicester for example how odder can you get) it won't matter where the other person is :whistle: :

What's wrong with dancing in Leicester??????????? :sad:
I don't live there but i travel to the venue every week & it is very friendly & if anything happened we'd look after you, well i would anyway. :flower: I'm sure Jivecat will agree :tears: :tears: :tears:

G&T anyone????

drathzel
11th-July-2005, 02:24 PM
What's wrong with dancing in Leicester??????????? :sad:
I don't live there but i travel to the venue every week & it is very friendly & if anything happened we'd look after you, well i would anyway. :flower: I'm sure Jivecat will agree :tears: :tears: :tears:

G&T anyone????

i have a feeling she might have been refering to the time i went dancing, got lost and ended up dancing at Saints RC :blush:

under par
12th-July-2005, 03:37 AM
The idea is that you store the word "I C E" in your mobile phone address
book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be
contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to
quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them. It's
so simple that everyone can do it. Please do. Please will you also forward
this to everybody in your address book, it won't take
Too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could
save your life.

For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc .

What an excellent idea and such a simple non expensive one too. Just done mine. :worthy: