PDA

View Full Version : smilies

Gadget
15th-December-2002, 01:45 AM
I like the cute smileys, but the little yellow ones are a bit naf - so I made up some new cute ones for the same things as the naf ones they could replace...
:mad:

Gadget
15th-December-2002, 01:46 AM
:o

Gadget
15th-December-2002, 01:48 AM
:rolleyes:

Gadget
15th-December-2002, 01:51 AM
:confused: {I really had a problem with this one - ideas ?}

Gadget
15th-December-2002, 01:52 AM
:D

Gadget
15th-December-2002, 01:53 AM
:cool:

Gadget
15th-December-2002, 01:54 AM
:kiss: {not a replacement, but I can make it animated to match this if anyone really wants}

Gadget
15th-December-2002, 01:58 AM
:na: {again not animated, but it could be}

Gadget
15th-December-2002, 02:00 AM
:)

Gadget
15th-December-2002, 02:02 AM
and since :( is the same as :sad: and ;) is the same as :wink: you could have a couple of 'new' ones...

Gadget
15th-December-2002, 02:03 AM
Last one {envy} - has anyone any othe ideas ? Would you like the 'cheers' to feature the same smilies ?

Heather
15th-December-2002, 12:02 PM
:kiss: :kiss: Just leave this one as it is please!!!!!I love it!!!
(and you know the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!"
:cheers:
Heather
:kiss:
Gadget, you obviously have time on your hands, maybe I should send you a spelling book you could pass the time away with!!!:wink:

Lou
15th-December-2002, 06:16 PM
:tears:

Gadget
16th-December-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Heather
:kiss: :kiss: Just leave this one as it is please!!!!!I love it!!!
It's not up to me; Franck manages the forum (... as well as the multitude of other things he seems to find time for;)) And as I said; the "kissy" one was not a replacement - just a 'taster' of what could be done.

Gadget, you obviously have time on your hands, maybe I should send you a spelling book you could pass the time away with!!!:wink:
naaaa - then you wouldn't have anyone to tel to spel proper. :innocent:

Gadget
16th-December-2002, 04:09 PM
couldn't help it... don't know if it's better with eyes open, or eyes closed though...?
{still need to get rid of the background}

Gadget
16th-December-2002, 04:15 PM

Heather
16th-December-2002, 07:31 PM
......it IS kinda cute!!!!!!
Heather,

Gadget
16th-December-2002, 09:28 PM
sorted the transparancy...

Gadget
16th-December-2002, 09:30 PM
...and here's a 'cheers' one: :cheers:

Lou
17th-December-2002, 10:55 AM
Gadget - maybe this needs to be moved to the "take it outside" forum, but I really needed to say just how tactless I've found your comments in this particular thread. I created the :kiss: and :na: smilies. OK - so they don't necessarily match the others. I created :na: for my own use, and :kiss: as a present for Heather. Franck chose to include them in the forum, I didn't ask him to. They may not be to your taste, but there are better and more sensitive ways to say so than in a post here.

I've already posted that I was upset :tears:, but you've still continued...

I'm just not very happy with this.

Dreadful Scathe
17th-December-2002, 11:04 AM
I really dont think he meant anything by it. He did say they werent replacements
Offensively posted by Gadget
It's not up to me; Franck manages the forum (... as well as the multitude of other things he seems to find time for) And as I said; the "kissy" one was not a replacement - just a 'taster' of what could be done.see. And he did make suggestions for ALL of them, nothing wrong with continuity is there ? :)

Merry Christmas Lou :kiss:

Lou
17th-December-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
I really dont think he meant anything by it. He did say they werent replacements see. And he did make suggestions for ALL of them, nothing wrong with continuity is there ? :)

Merry Christmas Lou :kiss: Pah!
Originally posted by Gadget

(and you know the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!"couldn't help it... don't know if it's better with eyes open, or eyes closed though...?Nothing wrong with continuity - just the way that this whole thing has been handled. Whatever the intention, it's meant that I've been upset.

Merry Xmas DS :kiss:

Franck
17th-December-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Nothing wrong with continuity - just the way that this whole thing has been handled. Whatever the intention, it's meant that I've been upset.Hey Lou,

Don't be upset, you're my hero! :nice:

I have loved your avatars and your smilies, and that is why I added them to the available ones (I probably should have asked you first though :sorry ). The continuity issue only arose because I was too lazy to remove the old smilies...

If it was not for the (many) contributions you made to this forum, I would never have been able to tinker with Ceroc Jock's avatar... and I am still smiling at your avatar's dance routine, especially the day you added the Xmas decorations :D

I suspect Gadget had no idea you had created the smilies, and he just wanted to add his own contribution...

I am working on updating my avatar at the moment, and if I fail miserably (pretty likely), you'll be my first port of call!

Franck.

Gadget
17th-December-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Gadget - maybe this needs to be moved to the "take it outside" forum, but I really needed to say just how tactless I've found your comments in this particular thread. I created the :kiss: and :na: smilies. OK - so they don't necessarily match the others. I created :na: for my own use, and :kiss: as a present for Heather. Franck chose to include them in the forum, I didn't ask him to. They may not be to your taste, but there are better and more sensitive ways to say so than in a post here.

I've already posted that I was upset :tears:, but you've still continued...

I'm just not very happy with this.
Oops :sorry:

Look Lou, it's nothing personal, sorry you took offense - and the comment of 'naff' I made wasn't including your contributions - only the little ones.

I remember a couple of posts by people fresh to the forum commenting that the smileys were 'cute' and loving them - I just thought that if they all were the same then it would add a bit more gloss to the forum: note that I worked through all of the non-"cute" smileys (yours last because they had been added recently and I didn't know if anyone would want to replace them)

They do say that copying is the sincerest form of flattery. It's the same animation with the same poses and the features in the same place, just based on a different smiley. (Please don't sue for copyright, but I used yours as a template for mine)

Again, sorry for treading on your toes {hmmm...I seem to hear that echoed on the dance floor now & again as well!}

Gadget

TheTramp
17th-December-2002, 02:31 PM
This is a favourite of mine, although, I can't lay claim to having made it....

Steve

Gadget
17th-December-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
This is a favourite of mine, although, I can't lay claim to having made it....
{being cautious this time}

You want me to make it into a learing 'cutsey' smilie ? (would you call it learing? eyebrow waggle? fnar?...?)

BTW what's everone else's opinion on the "cutsey" thing?

TheTramp
17th-December-2002, 03:12 PM
I don't mind what you do with it. It's not mine. I just like it.

The original 'name' for it, is :naughty :D

Steve

Lou
19th-December-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Franck
Hey Lou,

Don't be upset, you're my hero! :nice:
*hugs* Cheers, Franck - guess I was having a bad day! Thanks for cheering me up! :nice:

Lou
19th-December-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Gadget

Oops :sorry:
Ach - friends again? :wink: Do you have a nice smiley for *hugs*?

Gadget
19th-December-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Ach - friends again? :wink: Do you have a nice smiley for *hugs*?
Well - friends untill you dance with me; you may want to change your opinion then :what: :wink:
*hugs*... not yet...need to think on that one...watch this space.

TheTramp
19th-December-2002, 11:36 AM
Hugs. Hmmmm....

Will this do??

Steve

TheTramp
19th-December-2002, 11:37 AM
Oops. Sorry :D How about this one??

Steve

TheTramp
19th-December-2002, 11:37 AM
Or maybe this....?

Steve

TheTramp
19th-December-2002, 11:38 AM
Or, failing that. Try this one on for size...

Steve

PS. I add that I didn't make any of these :) So feel free to use any of them in any way you feel fit Gadget... :D

TheTramp
19th-December-2002, 11:39 AM
Oops. Here's the image I meant to attach to the last post....

Steve

Heather
19th-December-2002, 08:16 PM
:D :D Love the group hug (a Dundee speciality!!!) , but the first image you posted Tramp, kinda looks like a 'Skelp roon' the lug'!!!
( Belt on the ear, for you sassenachs)
Heather,

TheTramp
20th-December-2002, 02:32 AM
That's what it is Heather :D

Couldn't resist putting it up, since it's so cute though. That's why I apologised for it in the following post...

Steve

Gadget
5th-February-2003, 06:48 PM
I know someone got to the 'drool' smiley before I did, but here's a 'cutsey' version...

{appologies in advance for offending the creator}

Gadget
5th-February-2003, 06:59 PM
I also noticed that all the cutsey smilies previously posted have vanished with the move, so attached is a zip of them all for those curious enough. (there is also included an HTML with the images for quick viewing)