PDA

View Full Version : Forumette Clothing Freestyle...

Purple Sparkler
9th-July-2005, 05:39 PM
OK, I was thinking the other day when we were talking about shopping for Ceroc clothes about how costly a girl's Ceroc habit can be when you don't want other people to see you in the same thing too often, and I remembered reading something about how girls in the US often have get-togethers where they bring clothes they've already worn and swap them.

"What a good idea!" thought I, so here is my suggestion (for London forumettes mainly but Scottish forumettes willing to travel could be included too):

Before the next big freestyle night, we have a Forumette gathering (that's Forumette, not Forumite) and bring Ceroc clothes that we're happy to lend to others For One Night Only. We probably also bring some wine and nibbles. We try on each others things and hopefully borrow some lovely new outfits to wear! We then wear them either at Freestyle or at whatever other event we might have in mind, wash them carefully, and return them to their owners- possibly at the next Clothing Freestyle.

Clothing exchanging in the past has worked well for me (thanks to Tessalicious and Dizzy), and I thought a big pretty-clothes-rummage (yes, that's right, I said RUMMAGE) might be fun.

And I figure that men, being the uncomplicated souls that they are most of the time when it comes to clothing, probably won't notice that it's the same dress on a different girl, if you see what I mean. Knowing certain forumite males, they'll be more concerned about how far it twirls up when you spin...
What do you other girls reckon?

El Salsero Gringo
9th-July-2005, 05:42 PM
I thought a big pretty-clothes-rummage (yes, that's right, I said RUMMAGE) might be fun.I'm up for it. What about you, Silver Fox?

angelique
9th-July-2005, 06:37 PM
Good idea only a couple of things spring to mind..
Wouldn't put it past a few of the men in our midst to come along "incognito" to try and get in on all the girly fun :what:
And why are we reducing our wardrobe availability immediately by excluding the boys? I mean who has got as extensive a wardrobe with some REALLY nice undies as Mr Andy McGregor???? :whistle:
Just feel we would somehow be missing out :tears:

:rofl: :rofl:

KatieR
9th-July-2005, 08:49 PM
OK, I was thinking the other day when we were talking about shopping for Ceroc clothes about how costly a girl's Ceroc habit can be when you don't want other people to see you in the same thing too often, and I remembered reading something about how girls in the US often have get-togethers where they bring clothes they've already worn and swap them.

"What a good idea!" thought I, so here is my suggestion (for London forumettes mainly but Scottish forumettes willing to travel could be included too):

Before the next big freestyle night, we have a Forumette gathering (that's Forumette, not Forumite) and bring Ceroc clothes that we're happy to lend to others For One Night Only. We probably also bring some wine and nibbles. We try on each others things and hopefully borrow some lovely new outfits to wear! We then wear them either at Freestyle or at whatever other event we might have in mind, wash them carefully, and return them to their owners- possibly at the next Clothing Freestyle.

Clothing exchanging in the past has worked well for me (thanks to Tessalicious and Dizzy), and I thought a big pretty-clothes-rummage (yes, that's right, I said RUMMAGE) might be fun.

And I figure that men, being the uncomplicated souls that they are most of the time when it comes to clothing, probably won't notice that it's the same dress on a different girl, if you see what I mean. Knowing certain forumite males, they'll be more concerned about how far it twirls up when you spin...
What do you other girls reckon?

I have heard of this being done before and i think it sounds like a great idea. Just as long as it is on one of my days off!!