PDA

View Full Version : school or church halls for hire?

Neannie
4th-July-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to organise a leaving/engagement party in July or August (I realise I'm probably leaving it a little late! :eek: ) and am having problems finding a suitable venue. Can anyone recommend a hall for hire in London that they know of or has been recommended by others that is reasonably priced. It would obviously have to large enough to fit lots and lots of dancers.

I would prefer not to tack the party onto someone else's party night because that would mean friends would have to pay.

Can anyone help?

Neannie

LMC
4th-July-2005, 05:26 PM
For how many people?

David Bailey
4th-July-2005, 08:07 PM
For how many people?
And where in London? Tis a big place...

And what night of the week?

Gadget
4th-July-2005, 08:45 PM
I would prefer not to tack the party onto someone else's party night because that would mean friends would have to pay.
Just a suggestion, but if you're going to have to fork out for a venue and DJ, talk to the organisers and see about arranging a "guest list" - might be a better option :)

Neannie
5th-July-2005, 07:16 PM
And where in London? Tis a big place...

And what night of the week?

Would prefer South London on a Fri or Sat night. I will definitely consider suggestion of a guest list at an already organised venue.

Thank you! :grin:

LMC
5th-July-2005, 08:10 PM
The Albany theatre in Deptford (only one stop from London Bridge) hires rooms quite cheaply, particularly if there is an event in the main theatre bit that night - you haven't said for how many people?

A Google search will get them.

RogerR
5th-July-2005, 08:29 PM
I've Djed all over south london for MJ and muggles events, There's no such thing as the ideal venue for cheap.

Location, atmosphere, bar, floor, size, transport links, neighbour problems price and availability.

pick any three or four!!

PM me for more help if I can, Where in South London were you thinking of, and how many guests?

bigdjiver
5th-July-2005, 09:33 PM
I have not been there in a long time, but there was a nice large licensed garden room out back where they held the blues club.

Ruskin Club (http://www.croydon.org.uk/ruskin/ruskin.html)

Neannie
6th-July-2005, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys for all your help! I have now sorted something out and went with Gadget's suggestion of a guest list. :grin: