PDA

View Full Version : Sunny mondays

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-July-2005, 02:38 PM
Has anyone else ever noticed that mondays are often quite sunny? Especially when i'm going to work at 5 o'clock :sick: Or maybe I just notice more because I dread my monday night shift :rofl: What is the weather like in the rest of you forumites various locations?

Ash x

KatieR
4th-July-2005, 04:32 PM
Has anyone else ever noticed that mondays are often quite sunny? Especially when i'm going to work at 5 o'clock :sick: Or maybe I just notice more because I dread my monday night shift :rofl: What is the weather like in the rest of you forumites various locations?

Ash x

slightly greyish....

Purple Sparkler
4th-July-2005, 04:40 PM
It's sunny here. God seems to have saved up the lovely golden weather for the day I have to spend FIVE SODDING HOURS taking minutes at an Executive meeting.

KatieR
4th-July-2005, 04:52 PM
It's sunny here. God seems to have saved up the lovely golden weather for the day I have to spend FIVE SODDING HOURS taking minutes at an Executive meeting.

*hands PS a chocolate chip cookie*

Lynn
4th-July-2005, 05:22 PM
Its sunny here, which would be about right as it was forecast to be cloudy and raining :rolleyes:

Not noticed about sunny Mondays but until yesterday there was several weeks of sunny Sundays which was fab :clap:
It's sunny here. God seems to have saved up the lovely golden weather for the day I have to spend FIVE SODDING HOURS taking minutes at an Executive meeting. I'll not mention then that I am only working mornings at the moment and live 2 mins drive from a fabulous park :whistle:

(If its any consolation a) working part time means I haven't much money to go dancing and b) we don't get as many sunny days in NI anyway...)

Zebra Woman
4th-July-2005, 05:55 PM
Funny you should say that Lynn. I think you may be right :sad:

Plus, (being a sailor) I tend to notice how dead calm it is on a Sunday and how gloriously windy and sunny it is on Mondays :tears: . I even have a T shirt stating - 'Why is it always windy on a Monday?'

No complaints about yesterday. It was very gusty :clap:. I capsized 3 times :eek: . Well I have just one complaint....

I was standing on the centreboard righting the boat, and noticed there was more than the usual amount of hilarity as my fellow sailors whizzed past. :confused:

My shorts had gone translucent with the wet. :really: :tears: :sick: :blush:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
5th-July-2005, 09:46 AM
*hands PS a chocolate chip cookie*

Can I have one too please? :innocent:

I was standing on the centreboard righting the boat, and noticed there was more than the usual amount of hilarity as my fellow sailors whizzed past.

My shorts had gone translucent with the wet.

Ooooh, so NOT good! :sick: Here, have a flower, I hope it makes you feel better :flower:

Ash x

jammy
5th-July-2005, 01:09 PM
well any day that it is sunny it ****es me off when im workin because this is the first kitchen i have worked in that has a window so you can see what the weather it like and if its sunny you know your not going to get out in it a tall because 12 hour shifts are a b!tch but 3 days off a week are a bonus.
j

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
5th-July-2005, 11:25 PM
well any day that it is sunny it ****es me off when im workin because this is the first kitchen i have worked in that has a window so you can see what the weather it like and if its sunny you know your not going to get out in it a tall because 12 hour shifts are a b!tch but 3 days off a week are a bonus.
j

Aww...you poor thing :hug: must be crap when you can see the sunshine and all. But I bet those three days off a week must make up for it, eh?

Ashx

KatieR
6th-July-2005, 02:45 PM
Can I have one too please? :innocent:

Ooooh, so NOT good! :sick: Here, have a flower, I hope it makes you feel better :flower:

Ash x

*looks guiltily inside empty choc chip cookie bag while wiping remnants of last cookie from face...*

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
6th-July-2005, 09:23 PM
*looks guiltily inside empty choc chip cookie bag while wiping remnants of last cookie from face...*

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :wink:

Lynn
11th-July-2005, 10:52 AM
Wow, this is a really sunny Monday! :waycool: In fact they are talking about 28 for NI - the hottest day for years. To be cooler tomorrow but still 23 which is great as tomorrow is The Twelfth - and therefore a public holiday (as is Wed). :clap:

And its so nice to wear pretty summer skirts and tops to work :clap:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
11th-July-2005, 11:09 AM
Wow, this is a really sunny Monday! :waycool: In fact they are talking about 28 for NI - the hottest day for years. To be cooler tomorrow but still 23 which is great as tomorrow is The Twelfth - and therefore a public holiday (as is Wed). :clap:

Hey Lynn,
I haven't been outside yet today-am going out later, but it's also very sunny outside over here. See, I told you, it's always on a monday :sad:

Lynn
11th-July-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey Lynn,
I haven't been outside yet today-am going out later, but it's also very sunny outside over here. See, I told you, it's always on a monday :sad: But it was also sunny yesterday afternoon - and I had a rug half under a shady tree, a nice cold drink and a man... :waycool: so I don't mind if its sunny today as well!

drathzel
11th-July-2005, 12:40 PM

we are off friday and monday for Glasgow Fayre (sp?) lets hope the weather holds out! :D

JonD
11th-July-2005, 01:29 PM
It's boiling here in Devon - I'm far too hot to be thinking. I've just tried to console myself by looking at the swimming place (http://www.tangovalley.com/dia_beek.html) at Frayssinette. That water is just so cool, the dappled sunlight playing on the stream, lying in the big ring with the top of your head, bum and feet in the water as you float gently in the shade............it's no good, the dreaming hasn't worked; I'm still at my desk. Still, only five weeks until I can stand under the waterfall!

At least I had a good weekend - Plymouth Jive Club Ball on Friday night, Julie's garden on Saturday, Gittisham "Victory Day" celebration on Saturday night and then Sunday in Lyme Regis with Pimms and nothing much to do.

Jon

ducasi
11th-July-2005, 01:36 PM
Glasgow Fayre (sp?) It's the Fair. As I'm off too on Friday & Monday I'm thinking about going to Rutherglen or Perth on Thursday and maybe further afield over the weekend... :nice:

jammy
11th-July-2005, 11:38 PM
well yet another sunny monday i spent 11 hours in a hotter place a kitchen i hate being a chef in the summer its like working in a sauna. but i still got to go out side for my breaks but its also quite when its sunny. so the day goes slower because theres nothing 2 do but u moan when u do have 2 cook because the kitchen is so hot so ur never happy oh well.

under par
12th-July-2005, 03:33 AM
Funny you should say that Lynn. I think you may be right :sad:

P
I was standing on the centreboard righting the boat, and noticed there was more than the usual amount of hilarity as my fellow sailors whizzed past. :confused:

My shorts had gone translucent with the wet. :really: :tears: :sick: :blush:

:rofl: :rofl: any photos! :rofl: