PDA

View Full Version : Where should I go tonight

Suzie
4th-July-2005, 01:20 PM
This is my first posting and I feel a bit stupid :blush: coz I dont know really what I should be doing. But I am desperate to get back into Ceroc and having just moved to East London was wondering if anyone can recommend where to go tonight?

Thank you
Suzie

Bex
4th-July-2005, 01:56 PM
Hi Suzie,

You are best to look on the main Ceroc website for venues nearest you, www.ceroc.com or www.ceroclondon.com

Bex

Msfab
4th-July-2005, 02:00 PM
Hello Suzie

Not sure how far east you are, but in my opinion the best place to be on a Monday night is at Jango (Hammersmith, west London). (http://www.fusiondance.freeservers.com/custom3.html)

I used to travel 30 miles and its most definitely worth the trip :clap: ! Great teachers, Brilliant music and at least one Fabulous shirt :wink: on display!
Plus you get meet a great bunch of people! :whistle:

Dizzy
4th-July-2005, 02:12 PM
Hey Susie

Welcome to the forum. I don't know of any ceroc venues on your side of London but I do know that there is a class in Clapham Grand tonight. See www.ceroclondon.com for more details. I have heard that it is a good night.

Andy McGregor
4th-July-2005, 02:21 PM
IMHO, the best place tonight is the HG Wells in Woking. But only because it's got Nigel and Nina teaching. Otherwise it would be Kent House in Hammersmith :waycool:

As it said on another thread, MinnieM, Katie and I are going. If you come Katie is the young pretty one, Minnie is the slightly older good looking one and I'm the other one ...

Robin
4th-July-2005, 03:30 PM
Personally , I reckon Finchley/Whetstone is the nearest - see here (http://www.cerocmetro.com/finchley.html) for more details. Don't know why no-one else has recommended it, its a storming night!

David Bailey
4th-July-2005, 03:45 PM
This is my first posting and I feel a bit stupid :blush: coz I dont know really what I should be doing.
Imagine how dumb I feel after 1,500 posts, still not knowing :blush: :blush:

Hi Suzie and welcome, glad you've returned to the Fold, please read our lovely FAQ (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3458).

As for East London, it's a bit of a wasteland for Ceroc - the Final Frontier of London I think.

There's a ceroc class in Chigwell on Sundays (http://www.cerocmetro.com/chigwell.html), if that helps.

Also, there's "LeJive club" (http://www.thejiveclub.co.uk/), they do classes in the area I believe.

(I'll resist the "post my local club because it just happens to be within 50 miles" tendency... :rolleyes: )

Hope that helps!

Rhythm King
4th-July-2005, 03:47 PM
Welcome to The Forum, Suzie. I live in East London and am a Jango fan. I go to central London on Tuesdays (ISH) and Wednesdays (Jive Bar), but Greenwich is also good on a Tuesday, and easily accessible by DLR.

R-K

Andy McGregor
4th-July-2005, 05:00 PM
but Greenwich is also good on a Tuesday, and easily accessible by DLR.

R-KOops! Forgot Greenwich was on a Tuesday - that's fab too :blush:

Purple Sparkler
4th-July-2005, 05:07 PM
Welcome to The Forum, Suzie. I live in East London and am a Jango fan. I go to central London on Tuesdays (ISH) and Wednesdays (Jive Bar), but Greenwich is also good on a Tuesday, and easily accessible by DLR.

R-K

You ISHing tomorrow night, RK? Room on your dance card? :D

cerocmetro
4th-July-2005, 05:11 PM
Oops! Forgot Greenwich was on a Tuesday - that's fab too :blush:

Seriously though there really is only one place to go and that is Whetstone. Monday and Tuesday nights. I am lucky enough to be teaching there tonight. They are a great bunch, best DJ's around and you are always guarranteed a great night. From South Woodford it will take you 15 minutes by car. If you don't have a car PM me and we will get you ferried there. All part of the service :waycool:

When you get there make sure you say hi, there are several forumites there, (slapped wrists to them for not mentioning the best venue around although I do appreciate you want to keep it to yourselves).

Welcome to the forum

Robin
4th-July-2005, 05:19 PM
Seriously though there really is only one place to go and that is Whetstone. Monday and Tuesday nights. I am lucky enough to be teaching there tonight. They are a great bunch, best DJ's around and you are always guarranteed a great night. From South Woodford it will take you 15 minutes by car. If you don't have a car PM me and we will get you ferried there. All part of the service :waycool:

When you get there make sure you say hi, there are several forumites there, (slapped wrists to them for not mentioning the best venue around although I do appreciate you want to keep it to yourselves).

Welcome to the forum

There's definitely got to be a BFG award specially for Adam ! :D

David Bailey
4th-July-2005, 08:37 PM
There's definitely got to be a BFG award specially for Adam ! :D
The "Peter Phillips" award? :wink:

Suzie, please let us know tomorrow where you went!

Andreas
4th-July-2005, 08:45 PM
Or you could go to Salsa at Clapham Common, which is where I'll be shortly. :flower: