PDA

View Full Version : blister advice - try compeed plasters -they are fantastic.

johnthehappyguy
3rd-July-2005, 12:03 PM
Was at a class this week and saw a girl with a raw heel :eek: , and a huge plaster flapping out of the top of her shoe - Oww! :tears:

As an alternative to regular plasters, I have tried Compeed plasters/foot protectors and found them to be excellent, with painless results.

They are not like regular plasters at all, instead they are like a plastic pad, similar to a seethrough bra strap. They seem to stick to the skin, and bond with it.

They stay on really well, - mine have never peeled by accident.

The cost is about £1 per plaster, ( about £6 per box of 8 depending on size ). Which may seem expensive, but what price the relief from pain - aaahhh! :clap:

hope this is of some help to all those who get blisters.

johnthehappyguy :nice:

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-July-2005, 05:44 PM
great tip mate :grin:

Dance Demon
3rd-July-2005, 10:34 PM
Compeed plasters eh?....what will they think of next?.... ;)

drathzel
3rd-July-2005, 10:49 PM
Compeed plasters eh?....what will they think of next?.... ;)

renewable feet?

Jive Brummie
3rd-July-2005, 11:20 PM
Top tip John.

As far as I can tell they're similar to a second skin and therefore take the brunt of the grief that some shoes can produce.

Worth the dosh.

J :cheers:

Purple Sparkler
4th-July-2005, 09:56 AM
I've been using them all last week- not from MJC but from breaking in new work shoes (OUCH)- they're really very good (and cheaper in Superdrug than anywhere else I've found).

KatieR
4th-July-2005, 04:54 PM
boots also do a good plaster that covers your whole heel which is very good when breaking in new shoes... I learnt this one the hard way after not bandaging my feet before a 3 day workshop and ended up with seriously infected heels.. now I always put tape or plasters in my pressure spots.