PDA

View Full Version : How much?

Northants Girly
1st-July-2005, 02:11 PM
Bugger bugger bugger!

I have just scrapped the bumper of my car along someone else's in the car park at work :(

The other car came off worse :tears:

What do ya reckon it's gonna cost me? :sick:

Robin
1st-July-2005, 03:00 PM
Bugger bugger bugger!

I have just scrapped the bumper of my car along someone else's in the car park at work :(

{Long Sharp intake of breath} Its gonna be expensive !

Depends if you go to a main dealer - I've got a VW and whilst they were doing a respray on the car I asked how much extra to do the bumpers and the labour alone was almost £500 - and they'd already taken the bumpers off the car - that was to strip them down and the cost to spray - obviously not including materials or VAT.

Msfab
1st-July-2005, 03:36 PM
Bugger bugger bugger!

My car got scraped at work too! But No one owned up! :sad:

Sorry to be blunt - But its going to cost lots and lots, and thats just labour!
Ive decided to live with mine! :sick:

philsmove
1st-July-2005, 03:41 PM
Happened to me - main agent quoted £££££££ for replacing it
Doggy garage called bumper for bumper repaired it for a few quid

Lynn
1st-July-2005, 04:06 PM
Happened to me - main agent quoted £££££££ for replacing it
Doggy garage called bumper for bumper repaired it for a few quidWell, dogs don't need as much money to live on as people...

The body coloured bumpers can be expensive - my last car was scraped on the corner of the bumper and I have no recollection of doing it so think it may have been someone else in car park. But it was an older car so I just left it. I've also scraped my current car along my neighbours bumper, (very slightly) - no mark on her bumper at all, very faint mark on mine so not planning on doing anything about it.

Hope it doesn't cost too much :hug:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
1st-July-2005, 05:49 PM
Hope it doesn't cost too much :hug:
:yeah: Sorry to hear about your misfortune NG and I hope you get it all sorted :nice:
Ash x

Jive Brummie
1st-July-2005, 06:09 PM
I once had a wee :whistle: accident with a chap on the motorway...I was driving an old Astra GTE (the one with the LED dash :wink: ) and he was driving ......a chuffin' Lexus!

We arranged that I'd pay for all the costs as to go through the insurance would have crippled me as I was young and already paying a fortune. When the quote came through for the repai to the 3inch crack along with a respray over the top of it...it amounted to just over £600!

Needless to say I wasn't best pleased.... However....I did a bit of investigating and it transpired that the garage doing the job for the bloke were in fact getting his insurers to pay for the job, charging them double the amount for labour than they would do to the average punter on the street....in turn when it came to me repaying his insurers they wanted said amount....so i told them they were being ripped off by the garage and so they invesigated for themselves...sure enough within the day the garage had somehow miraculously been able to do the job for a fraction of the cost....

The way I found out was purely by getting a family member to phone his garage and ask them what they charged for labour and how much the exact same job would cost in full for a car of similar standing....

My advice FWIW...beware of garages and mechanics they have a habit of ripping off the vulnerable.....(no offense to my mechanic...Alf :worthy: )

J.

Lucy Locket
1st-July-2005, 11:16 PM
Bugger bugger bugger!

there's a place on the outskirts of Northampton repairs bumpers for Northampton taxis. I had a Merc's bumper repaired & it cost £90, 18 months ago. It was the 2nd one I'd had done, too much wine backed into a lamp post. The 1st done at Merc garage cost a small fortune. It's the big roundabout going towards Kettering, there is an industrial estate there. If you need more details, ask & i'll see if I can dig out the invoice.