PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Own Superhero!

Purple Sparkler
1st-July-2005, 11:22 AM
After the success of the South Park Character generator, I hereby present something else to eat up all your time when you should be working:
Hero Machine 2.0! (http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heroMachine2/heromachine2.asp).

I was a bit egotistical and made myself:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6137/purplesparkler1fg.png

Now it's your turn! (This is not intended to replace the Cartoon Character Thread. :flower: Other comic book character threads are available.)

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
1st-July-2005, 02:07 PM
I've done mine, but I can't get the skin to go all the one colour, it's just white with a wee bit of flesh colour in it. How do I change this?

Purple Sparkler
1st-July-2005, 02:09 PM
I've done mine, but I can't get the skin to go all the one colour, it's just white with a wee bit of flesh colour in it. How do I change this?

Click a skin-type colour on the colour panel when you select 'skin' from the list of different bits of the picture.

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
1st-July-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks, I actually figured out after I had posted that-that ALWAYS happens! Can you now tell me how to post it please? :flower: x

Purple Sparkler
1st-July-2005, 02:15 PM
Thanks, I actually figured out after I had posted that-that ALWAYS happens! Can you now tell me how to post it please? :flower: x

Make sure that your superhero image is on the screen, and then press the Print Screen key.

Open MS Paint.

Click Edit and then Paste.

Crop the resulting image of the whole screen down so you've just got the Superhero image.

Save it.

Go to www.imageshack.us (http://www.imageshack.us) and upload it for hosting.

Copy the 'Direct Link to your Image' address that you'll be given.

Come back here.

Click on the Picture button on the post toolbar. "[img]" should appear in the input box.

Paste in the direct link to the image.

Click on the Picture button again. [ /img] should now appear.

Submit the post.

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
1st-July-2005, 02:22 PM
Unfortunately my computer has a bit of a virus, so I was unable to upload it. Oh well, that's another half hour down the drain :mad:

Tessalicious
1st-July-2005, 02:29 PM
Aarrrrghh I can't make it work, bear with me!

Dreadful Scathe
1st-July-2005, 02:31 PM
hmm nice shirt :)

Purple Sparkler
1st-July-2005, 02:33 PM
Here's me:

I can't see you! Are you invisible?

Purple Sparkler
1st-July-2005, 02:52 PM
While we're waiting for Tessa, I thought I'd add another one...
*ducks for cover*
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/2831/rhythmking9mp.png

David Bailey
1st-July-2005, 02:59 PM
I present.. SuperDavid! Or, final proof that I have zero graphical ability :tears:

Franck
1st-July-2005, 03:10 PM
well, there's mine: CerocScotland Man! :D

Dreadful Scathe
1st-July-2005, 03:16 PM
:rofl: brilliant

but reply to your pm's man :)

drathzel
1st-July-2005, 03:49 PM
well, there's mine: CerocScotland Man! :D

:rofl: perfect!

Sparkles
1st-July-2005, 04:02 PM
OK, here's mine - I wish they had silver... :sad:

Zebra Woman
1st-July-2005, 04:21 PM
Here I am

Zebra Woman to the Rescuueeeee !!

Er...I'm using invisiblity mode at present as there are some eveil gremlins about... :whistle:

*OK OK...I've cocked up loading the image* :blush:

Sparkles
1st-July-2005, 04:24 PM
I can't open it :tears:
I want to see Zebra Woman - I bet hers looks great! :wink:

Purple Sparkler
1st-July-2005, 04:28 PM
I can't open it :tears:
I want to see Zebra Woman - I bet hers looks great! :wink:

*hides behind super-sparkle shield before suggesting that Zebra Woman follows the instructions for posting her picture that she put up earlier, because the 'save' option in the Hero Generator is useless....*

Minnie M
1st-July-2005, 04:31 PM
how do you save it ?

Purple Sparkler
1st-July-2005, 04:38 PM
how do you save it ?

See my post in response to Ash's question...

David Bailey
1st-July-2005, 04:39 PM
*hides behind super-sparkle shield before suggesting that Zebra Woman follows the instructions for posting her picture that she put up earlier, because the 'save' option in the Hero Generator is useless....*
It is crap isn't it? I spent 2 minutes (hey, that's a long time by my standards) trying to understand it...

Basically, summarising SuperPS:
- take a screenshot (ALT+PrintScreen)
- edit the screen shot (e.g. with Paint)
- save it, then attach it as normal.

Tessalicious
1st-July-2005, 04:45 PM
Ok I'm feeling really stupid now, I hate it when things don't work. But the file is 3x too big to upload, why oh why? (and no rude comments about my superhero being fat thank you very much)

David Bailey
1st-July-2005, 04:49 PM
Ok I'm feeling really stupid now, I hate it when things don't work. But the file is 3x too big to upload, why oh why?
It's probably a massive .bmp (bitmap) file - try saving it as a GIF (or JPEG)?

(and no rude comments about my superhero being fat thank you very much)
:rofl: :rofl:

Purple Sparkler
1st-July-2005, 04:51 PM
Ok I'm feeling really stupid now, I hate it when things don't work. But the file is 3x too big to upload, why oh why? (and no rude comments about my superhero being fat thank you very much)

Have you cropped it down in MSPaint? And uploaded to Imageshack?

Zebra Woman
1st-July-2005, 04:54 PM

You're not alone Tessalicious :tears: . I haven't even got as far as saving a file yet - I don't have a paint shop program to save it into :sad: .

Minnie M
1st-July-2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks for your help DJ

Tessalicious
1st-July-2005, 05:00 PM
There we goes (I think):

David Bailey
1st-July-2005, 05:07 PM
The Zebra Woman... (as designed by ZW of course)

Sparkles
1st-July-2005, 05:13 PM

IT'S FAB!!! :clap: :clap:

JoC
1st-July-2005, 05:22 PM
So this is where everyone's been all afternoon!!!

My proxy server has denied access to the site because it's classed as 'games'. :tears: Nasty mean council proxy server.

Sheepman
1st-July-2005, 05:22 PM
OK, here's mine -
Mind you don't cut youself on that knife! :wink:

(That's advice for DianaS too :tears: )

(I'm too busy for a Sheepy superhero until late next week :sad: )

Greg

JoC
1st-July-2005, 05:25 PM
I want a go!!!! (Going into panic 'I want' mode) What's the web page address so I can have a go when I find another pc? My server wont even let me see the address.

They look ace!

Purple Sparkler
1st-July-2005, 05:31 PM
There we goes (I think):

A tail, a whip, AND a sword? That's just asking for trouble...

Lou
1st-July-2005, 07:12 PM
Errrmmm... this is me. ;)

Tiggerbabe
1st-July-2005, 07:14 PM
Hee, looks just like you Lou :hug:

and hopefully, this is me *fingers crossed*

Zebra Woman
1st-July-2005, 07:14 PM
Thank you DJ :flower: and PS :flower:

What a faf!

ZW :hug:

Lou
1st-July-2005, 07:20 PM
Hee, looks just like you Lou :hug:
Uncanny, isn't it?! :D

and hopefully, this is me *fingers crossed*
I could tell you a mile off. Nice boots! (of course.... ;) )

Rhythm King
2nd-July-2005, 05:46 PM
Sparkles, that's scarily close to the truth :blush: ZW and Tiggerbabe, your characters are uncanny :worthy: but Tessalicious, you're meant to produce a fantasy cartoon from the website, not just post a photo of yourself in your normal dancing gear... :wink:

Would do one for myself but appear to have been pre-empted :whistle:
R-K :flower:

Minnie M
2nd-July-2005, 05:54 PM
I thought I looked good too :tears: mind you wanted to have a mouse as a pet rather than a rat :whistle:

Lou
2nd-July-2005, 06:33 PM
I thought I looked good too :tears: Oh, you do, Minnie! :hug: I'm just jealous that your boobs are bigger than mine. :whistle:

I think, though, that my tiger will beat your rat! :D

ducasi
2nd-July-2005, 06:51 PM
OK, I did a superhero version of myself yesterday at work, but didn't have time to post it.

Today I just did an "enhanced" version of myself.

I wore this shirt at the Charity Party in Edinburgh a month or so ago.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the program to do my tiger shoes, so I instead stuck a big tiger in front of my normal shoes. :nice:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
2nd-July-2005, 07:20 PM
I think I've managed to upload it as an attachment. I couldn't make a superhero with Jazz Shoes, so I made another one, which is much better-but I don't know if it's really like me that much :D :whistle: It's suppossed to show how I punish people for dressing badly-Stuart, I read your profile, maybe we should have a talk on tuesday :devil:

ducasi
2nd-July-2005, 07:55 PM
It's suppossed to show how I punish people for dressing badly ... Not leading by example though! :rofl:

David Bailey
2nd-July-2005, 08:26 PM
Not leading by example though! :rofl:
Difficult to believe you're still single, with that silver tongue :)

ducasi
2nd-July-2005, 08:33 PM
Difficult to believe you're still single, with that silver tongue :)
Did you see that picture though??? :eek: :wink:

David Bailey
2nd-July-2005, 08:43 PM
Did you see that picture though??? :eek: :wink:
I did, but I'm certainly not going to comment on anybody else's dress sense, virtual or otherwise - I mean, did you see mine ? :eek:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
2nd-July-2005, 08:53 PM
I did, but I'm certainly not going to comment on anybody else's dress sense, virtual or otherwise - I mean, did you see mine ? :eek:

Oh no! I thought this was suppossed to be fun!!! Why are you all making me out to be the bad guy?! :angry:

David Bailey
2nd-July-2005, 09:36 PM
Oh no! I thought this was suppossed to be fun!!! Why are you all making me out to be the bad guy?! :angry:
Probably because we're all scared you've got exactly the right superpower to undo us all :)

It is fun, I was only teasing Ducasi, honest.

Have a :kiss: and a :hug: and a :flower:

ducasi
2nd-July-2005, 10:01 PM
Oh no! I thought this was suppossed to be fun!!! Why are you all making me out to be the bad guy?! :angry: No-one's making you out to be the bad guy. It's me who's being bad. :devil:

Sorry Ash... (And after another glance at David's super-hero, I think he should be the first victim of your super-powers. That outfit really deserves punishment. :D)

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
2nd-July-2005, 11:19 PM
Have a :kiss: and a :hug: and a :flower:
Thankyou, I feel better now :)

Sorry Ash... (And after another glance at David's super-hero, I think he should be the first victim of your super-powers. That outfit really deserves punishment. )

I do use my superpowers for good, but i'll punish you both if it'll make you feel better :wink: :devil: that way you will never wear bad clothes again. But seeing as you both apologised i'll let you off a little easier :grin:
David-when you go to work on monday you have to promise to wear a blonde curly afro wig, silver platform shoes, and a purple sequined suit.
Ducasi: you have to die your hair red, dress all in black like a mime, paint you face white with the wee red lips and hat. Then get someone to paint a big orange stripe from head to toe.

Now remember i'm doing this for your own good, not to be evil :innocent:

Alright, who's next?

Ash x :hug:
(the superhero who has to use shock tactics to help the world)

David Bailey
3rd-July-2005, 10:00 AM
David-when you go to work on monday you have to promise to wear a blonde curly afro wig, silver platform shoes, and a purple sequined suit.
Sounds about normal for my wardrobe on a Monday morning, so sure, no problem...

Groovy Dancer
3rd-July-2005, 01:34 PM
Don't know about this, probably a bit over the top :D But here goes... :whistle:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8544/super8bs.th.jpg (http://img191.imageshack.us/my.php?image=super8bs.jpg)

Minnie M
3rd-July-2005, 01:37 PM
Don't know about this, probably a bit over the top...
sorry GD :rofl: (mind you, you do have a 6 pack :worthy: )

Groovy Dancer
3rd-July-2005, 01:44 PM
sorry GD :rofl: (mind you, you do have a 6 pack :worthy: )

I can dream, couldn't I ? Something to aspire to. :rolleyes:

Minnie M
3rd-July-2005, 01:52 PM
I can dream, couldn't I ? Something to aspire to. :rolleyes:
:yum: :o
wouldn't mind seeing you in the super hero outfit :blush:

ducasi
3rd-July-2005, 02:14 PM
I do use my superpowers for good, but i'll punish you both if it'll make you feel better :wink: :devil: that way you will never wear bad clothes again. But seeing as you both apologised i'll let you off a little easier :grin:
Ducasi: you have to die your hair red, dress all in black like a mime, paint you face white with the wee red lips and hat. Then get someone to paint a big orange stripe from head to toe. Not likely. :really: The big orange stripe sounds cool though. :waycool:

Anyway, this will not make me feel better, I never wear bad clothes, and I don't intend doing so in the future. :na:

(Just had a flash-back to Penelope Cruz in Open Your Eyes playing a mime... :yum:)

Purple Sparkler
4th-July-2005, 09:34 AM
Would do one for myself but appear to have been pre-empted :whistle:
R-K :flower:

:blush: If you knew how bored I get at work you'd understand...

filthycute
4th-July-2005, 09:56 AM
Here's our contributions.....but we didn't use our forum names.....dunno why.....we just didn't. :na:

Mine first.....

filthycute
4th-July-2005, 09:57 AM
and James' .....

Funky Si
4th-July-2005, 12:57 PM
well, it'll do until I can change my flippin' avatar!!! :angry:

Funky Si

Gadget
4th-July-2005, 09:13 PM
After the success of the South Park Character generator, I hereby present something else to eat up all your time when you should be working:
Hero Machine 2.0! (http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heroMachine2/heromachine2.asp).
most cool... :waycool: (and appart from the rippling muscles, not too bad :D)

JoC
6th-July-2005, 09:25 AM
Has anyone noticed the disappointing lack of underpants worn on the outside?

philsmove
6th-July-2005, 10:59 PM
M I G

Tiggerbabe
6th-July-2005, 11:16 PM
M I G
with FOS?

Rhythm King
7th-July-2005, 10:27 AM
with FOS?

and S I H!

Lou
7th-July-2005, 10:34 AM
and S I H!
and V S E!

Lou
19th-September-2006, 09:30 AM
most cool... :waycool: (and appart from the rippling muscles, not too bad :D)

I didn't notice at the time, but that's a very alarming looking cloud of noxious gas behind you there, Gadget... :eek:

David Bailey
19th-September-2006, 09:53 AM
I didn't notice at the time, but that's a very alarming looking cloud of noxious gas behind you there, Gadget... :eek:

Slow day at work, huh? :whistle:

Lou
19th-September-2006, 10:01 AM
Slow day at work, huh? :whistle:
Blame Minnie! She posted the interesting link....:whistle:

Beowulf
19th-September-2006, 01:42 PM
Guess this is me then.. during the full moon

HooooOOoOOOooOOOoOOOOOWwwwwLL !! :D

couldn't find a dressing gown :( :wink:

Asif
19th-September-2006, 02:41 PM
This is me getting ready for my tube journey into work!

Frankie_4711
19th-September-2006, 06:59 PM
Well, here I am ...