PDA

View Full Version : Twyford Friday

Simon r
30th-June-2005, 12:42 PM
ok who's coming to twyford on friday
as we work up to the ultimate DWAS at a single venue at the great summer twyford ball ....
be good to see some forum faces here this friday for just a regular free style
:D

Bex
30th-June-2005, 03:18 PM
Don't forget though, we've moved for the night (Friday 1st July) to Hurst Village Halls, just 5 mins down the road.

Directions are here:-
http://www.hurstvillagehalls.org.uk/location.html
Hurst Village Halls
School Road
Hurst
Berkshire
RG10 0DR

Don't worry if you forget though, there will be a very bored Bilco in the car park redirecting people in case they forget!!!

See you there Si!
Bex

foxylady
30th-June-2005, 10:06 PM
Don't worry if you forget though, there will be a very bored Bilco in the car park redirecting people in case they forget!!!

Bex

This sounds like extremely good incentive to forget :wink: :yum: !!! Not that I can make it ...

KatieR
22nd-December-2005, 12:25 PM
Rather than start another thread I thought I would use this one....

I would desperately love to go to Twyford on Friday 23rd December but have no way of getting there or home... I live in SE London and was wondering if there would be anyone kind enough to offer me a lift...

Are you open to bribery? Need petrol in your car? Need a home cooked meal? or just a hug?

This will probably be my last Twyford before I have to go back to Australia, so it would really be great if I could go...

I want to go to the ball Cinders.... :tears:

stewart38
22nd-December-2005, 01:27 PM
Is this a ticket only event now

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 01:33 PM
Is this a ticket only event now
I bought my ticket ages ago but i think they are having some on the door.

Simon r
22nd-December-2005, 01:35 PM
Yes it is a ticket only night.. might be some left on the night but i think they are all sold ....

Bex......the oracle of all Twyford how many are left...

Simon

Icey
22nd-December-2005, 02:02 PM
I want to go to the ball Cinders.... :tears:

Sorry Sweetie, I can't help on this one. I'm hoping that Dizzy can get to mine so I can take her down to Twyford. Any idea yet Diz?

Bex
22nd-December-2005, 04:11 PM
Yes it is a ticket only night.. might be some left on the night but i think they are all sold ....

Bex......the oracle of all Twyford how many are left...

Simon

Hi All,

I'm afraid we've sold out of £10.00 tickets and there are only 10 spaces for people to pay on the door at £15.00, so get there early if you need one of those!!

Bex

Dizzy
22nd-December-2005, 04:15 PM
Sorry Sweetie, I can't help on this one. I'm hoping that Dizzy can get to mine so I can take her down to Twyford. Any idea yet Diz?

I can get the train to Uxbridge if you pick me up. :flower: :hug:

stewart38
24th-December-2005, 01:10 PM
So what did we miss

Those that couldnt get in :tears:

Dizzy
24th-December-2005, 01:17 PM
I had a really good night :clap: :clap: :clap:.

The music was divine :drool: :drool: - Thanks TWK :hug: :clap: :clap:

The showcases done by ElaineB and Simon and Simon Rich and Nicole were excellent :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

The floor was very overcrowded at certain points of the evening and there was too many ladies over but all in all I enjoyed myself :clap: :clap:

Congratulations on ZW winning the raffle :flower: :hug:

Special thanks to KevF for making my evening :worthy: :flower: :clap: :clap:.

Zebra Woman
24th-December-2005, 01:53 PM
I had a really good night :clap: :clap: :clap:.

The music was divine :drool: :drool: - Thanks TWK :hug: :clap: :clap:

The showcases done by ElaineB and Simon and Simon Rich and Nicole were excellent :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

The floor was very overcrowded at certain points of the evening and there was too many ladies over but all in all I enjoyed myself :clap: :clap:

Congratulations on ZW winning the raffle :flower: :hug:

Special thanks to KevF for making my evening :worthy: :flower: :clap: :clap:.

:yeah: Ditto to all that...especially:

Special thanks to KevF for making my evening :worthy: :flower: :clap:

He made mine too :wink: , to the point where I completely lost the power of navigation on the way home. You know when you've been tangoed ! :eek:

Oh and not forgetting Twk's 3 increasingly magnificent dips, followed by long drags to the 'cue' button :drool: :worthy: :flower: ...( they were re-enactments of this heavenly moment (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94163&postcount=1)) . Sorry you had to be there :rofl: .

Thanks for the raffle prize, it was a lovely surprise. :flower:

One question - Why were all the radiators scaldingly hot? I asked a man to switch them off around 8.45PM but I fear it was too late.

I was really impressed with the cabaret especially Simon and Nicole soooo musical and original.:worthy: :drool:

ZW:flower:

Rhythm King
24th-December-2005, 03:09 PM
What a fab night! I had missed most of the Xmas parties so was looking forward to this, unfortunately work-related injuries meant I was only able to have a few, slower dances. This put me in the category of being a "Dance-refuser" at certain times :eek: so I apologise profusely to those ladies who asked. I did try to catch people when appropriate songs came on, but if I missed you, sorry :blush:
The cabarets were excellent - well done to the Simons, Elaine and Nicole. Bill ensured the raffle was short and sweet, in his own inimitable style, (with terrific prizes too) and the interruption to the freestyle was minimal.

So all in all, well done Team Twyford, and a Merry Christmas to you all

R-K :cheers:

ElaineB
24th-December-2005, 08:43 PM
Simon and I had a wonderful time last night - thank you to Bill and Bex for organising a brilliant party and what a wonderul atmosphere!! After our bit, we joined the ranks to watch Simon and Nicole perform their Showcase for the first time - you Guys are soooo talented!!! :worthy:

Well done Toby for some wonderful chunes and Claire, you looked as though you were having a wonderful birthday. :hug:

Thanks to everyone for the delicious dances - hopefully see you in the New Year! :flower:

Elaine

Cruella
24th-December-2005, 10:45 PM
Had a lovely time last night (shame there wasn't enough men). The guys i did dance with were all fab though! Thank you.:flower: Thanks also to Almost an Angel and Jayne for superb dances.:flower: Latinlover, i loved the move where you managed to remove your wifes skirt in one go! RESPECT!:rofl: Thanks Spice 'n' Easy for your words of insult! I'll try harder to work on being 'sexy'! Also Silverfox for his insults too, i'm sure it's the whole reason for me travelling 2 hours to a dance.:whistle: Have a lovely christmas and see some of you at ICE on new years day.:hug:

Missy D
24th-December-2005, 11:01 PM
I chose to go to Chesham last night:tears: I am not even going to comment on this either.:sad:

Trinity
24th-December-2005, 11:01 PM
I chose to go to Chesham last night:tears: I am not even going to comment on this either.:sad:

No it wasn't very good :really:

Missy D
24th-December-2005, 11:05 PM
No it wasn't very good :really:

Slight understatement there! Even the DJ had his coat on at 10.30 ready to pack up and go home. Knew i should have just gone to Asda instead.

WittyBird
24th-December-2005, 11:08 PM
Slight understatement there! Even the DJ had his coat on at 10.30 ready to pack up and go home. Knew i should have just gone to Asda instead.

Wish I'd stayed in

Missy D
24th-December-2005, 11:11 PM
Wish I'd stayed in

Should have just come round to yours!

WittyBird
24th-December-2005, 11:15 PM
Should have just come round to yours!

Yes and cause havoc good plan for next time :waycool:

Bex
25th-December-2005, 11:19 PM
Simon and I had a wonderful time last night - thank you to Bill and Bex for organising a brilliant party and what a wonderul atmosphere!! After our bit, we joined the ranks to watch Simon and Nicole perform their Showcase for the first time - you Guys are soooo talented!!! :worthy:

Well done Toby for some wonderful chunes and Claire, you looked as though you were having a wonderful birthday. :hug:

Thanks to everyone for the delicious dances - hopefully see you in the New Year! :flower:

Elaine

Really glad everyone seemed to have a good night on Friday at Twyford. Special thanks to Simon, Nicole, Simon & Elaine for their awesome cabaret performances and to TWK for his great set of music as always. Not forgetting Murphy on the door who did a fab job of leading the crew to ensure it was a successful night, thanks hun :flower:

Sorry to anyone who didn't get in on Friday but we have strict numbers we need to keep to for obvious reasons. We are on again next Friday 30th Dec, with a normal class night but going on till midnight so hopefully you'll venture back to Twyford again.

Feeling very stuffed after my turkey dinner today :drool: , going for another snooze now I think :wink: Happy Christmas everyone, see you soon,

Bex.

Russell Saxby
26th-December-2005, 01:34 AM
We are on again next Friday 30th Dec, with a normal class night but going on till midnight so hopefully you'll venture back to Twyford again.

Had a fab time the other night and very tempted to make the journey again next Friday...

Divissima
27th-December-2005, 05:22 PM
Had a fab time the other night and very tempted to make the journey again next Friday...It was a wonderful night - with the exception of last year (which just wins because TwK proposed) I think it was my best birthday ever - never been able to dance on my birthday before and it was really the icing on the cake. Thanks to all the men who gave me such lovely dances :flower:

I am now looking forward to the dream double-whammy of Greenwich on Thursday and Twyford on Friday this week :waycool: Surely I'll manage to get my dance with you at one or the other, Russell! Bought myself a new dress for Greenwich earlier today :clap: