PDA

View Full Version : Looking back over the last year

DianaS
29th-June-2005, 04:56 PM
What were the highlights..
The low points..
The best moments...
The friends you met that you'll never forget..
How have you moved on as a dancer
And what would you like to do next year?

I'VE JUST GOT MY CERTIFICATE FOR THE CHOREOGRAPHY COURSE AND CAN'T THINK WHAT TO DO NEXT!!!"

Give me inspiration!!!

Need to book for Septembers new courses and think of whats ahead!!

Best new friend NG :hug:
Lowest moment Cutting finger :tears:
Best moment Doing the performance and seeing the video after!! :yeah:

Clive Long
29th-June-2005, 06:22 PM
<< snip >>
I'VE JUST GOT MY CERTIFICATE FOR THE CHOREOGRAPHY COURSE AND CAN'T THINK WHAT TO DO NEXT!!!"

Give me inspiration!!!
<< snip >>

How about choreographing a show for a local yoof drama group?

Clive

DianaS
29th-June-2005, 07:18 PM

Clive
been invited but I daren't!!

angelique
29th-June-2005, 11:55 PM
What were the highlights..
The low points..
The best moments...
The friends you met that you'll never forget..
How have you moved on as a dancer
And what would you like to do next year?

Give me inspiration!!!

Need to book for Septembers new courses and think of whats ahead!!

Best new friend NG :hug:
Lowest moment Cutting finger :tears:
Best moment Doing the performance and seeing the video after!! :yeah:

Just a thought but how bout enrolling on the 6 week course at the Molun Rouge to learn the Can- Can? :drool:
Got a big pair of knickers you can borrow...just think of the big skirt you get to wave about! :hug:

ducasi
30th-June-2005, 08:19 AM
What were the highlights.. Never mind the last year – my last six months have been incredible.

The low point? Losing a girlfriend. :sad:
The high point? Gaining a girlfriend. :nice:

Unfortunately that happened the other way around. :tears:

High point #2 was discovering Ceroc. :waycool:

I'd never have believed you if a year ago you'd told me I'd take up dancing, never mind that I'd then go dancing in the streets of Glasgow, Stirling and Perth. :really:

Even on my bad days, and those dances that don't go well, every one of them has marked out such a transformation in my life, it's just been awesome. :yum:

The friends you met that you'll never forget? I've met so many people over the last six months to a year, but the friend I'll never forget is the one who introduced me to Ceroc. :flower:

How have you moved on as a dancer? I became one!

And what would you like to do next year? More of the good stuff, less of the bad stuff. :wink:

Northants Girly
30th-June-2005, 11:21 AM
Just a thought but how bout enrolling on the 6 week course at the Molun Rouge to learn the Can- Can? :drool:
Got a big pair of knickers you can borrow...just think of the big skirt you get to wave about! :hug:Give me my knickers back! :eek:

Clive Long
30th-June-2005, 11:30 AM

Clive
been invited but I daren't!!
Well it is your choice but ....
[lecture mode on]
... isn't there some kind of wise Ancient Chinese saying that real learning comes from applying or using your skills?
[/lecture mode off]

If you did (not that you will of course) apply your hard-earned skill, they might be ungrateful but they might love you and you might unlock something positive in a number of other people's lives. The multiplier effect. You might even enjoy it too (you might hate it). Lordy, ain't life tricky?

Clive :devil:

DianaS
30th-June-2005, 11:44 AM
Well it is your choice but ....
[lecture mode on]
... isn't there some kind of wise Ancient Chinese saying that real learning comes from applying or using your skills?
[/lecture mode off]

If you did (not that you will of course) apply your hard-earned skill, they might be ungrateful but they might love you and you might unlock something positive in a number of other people's lives. The multiplier effect. You might even enjoy it too (you might hate it). Lordy, ain't life tricky?

Clive :devil:

Clive I'm just not there yet! To choreograph 15 minutes using 6 people it took 6 weeks work and rehearsals. We all choreographed our oun part and put it together with the help of our teacher, who wove our sequences together. It was very energising and creative and there's no way yet I could undertake a 2 hour show!!

I'd have to know an awful lot more about dance and work with teachers who knew walzes and allsorts My performance was modern contempory dance which is really different but wouldn't fit into a musical at all!!

I have thought of doing a course on sports massage. I think that it would be really useful and stuff!

Why don't you try the dance and cherography stuff!! ?? Its brill I';d even do the course a second time!!

Northants Girly
30th-June-2005, 11:50 AM
I have thought of doing a course on sports massage. I think that it would be really useful and stuff! I think that sounds like a fantastic idea Diana! :D

- of course you will need friends to practise on :whistle:

stewart38
30th-June-2005, 12:33 PM
Sorry to say this but its 1st July tomorrow

Ill let you know on 1st January :whistle:

David Bailey
30th-June-2005, 12:39 PM
Sorry to say this but its 1st July tomorrow

Ill let you know on 1st January :whistle:
It's our company end of year today, weird American people... Cue lots of sales guys running around trying to close deals :)

DianaS
30th-June-2005, 01:22 PM
It's our company end of year today, weird American people... Cue lots of sales guys running around trying to close deals :)
and academic years are September to end of June... :cheers: