PDA

View Full Version : Among the more stupid things I have done...

Gadget
29th-June-2005, 09:03 AM
A thread dedicated to some of the things when you look back on your life and think "what the hell was I thinking?"... normally about two micro-seconds after you do them.

-----
When I was about eight, I wondered if when the cigarette lighter in my dad's car was cool when it stopped glowing red - I had a different pattern of swirls on my thumb for about a month.
-----
My dad's garage was one of those treasure troves for young boys - bits of wood, screws, nails, tools, tins, boxes, files, screwdrivers, hammers, ... and while exploring I found an old box of fireworks - as in the paper was disintegrating. I thought it a good idea to open them all and make one big one from the contents...
-----
I used to holiday in the same place every year and knew the land very well - I thought I would surprise my parents by waving them off at the campsite (them in the car) from and meeting them at the beach - they had to follow the road, I ran down the gorge. Wet, slippy, slimy, sink-holes, waterfalls, fallen trees,... :D great fun! surprised I didn't end up with a broken neck.
-----
I've climbed round shorelines with the impact of waves causing the air to shake while my fingers search for a solid hold and my feet try not to get wet or slip with spray. No ropes, no safety harness, no-one else around, no-one knowing where i am or expecting me back... Exhilarating, but not perhaps the wisest of things to do.
-----
A stupid one to end on - Going the wrong way up a down escalator, eating an ice-cream cone. Get to the top and miss the last step :blush: Seemingly it was like a cartoon - the body just moving down/backwards while the hand with the ice-cream seems suspended in the air.
-----

Anyone any more to add? :D

Gojive
29th-June-2005, 09:53 AM
A stupid one to end on

:rofl: Like the previous ones weren't?

Going the wrong way up a down escalator, eating an ice-cream cone. Get to the top and miss the last step :blush: Seemingly it was like a cartoon - the body just moving down/backwards while the hand with the ice-cream seems suspended in the air.

How can you be so silly?! You must have known it would take longer to negotiate, and therefore give rise to the possibilty of ice cream melt. Next time, go for an ice-pop - they never seem to melt, and will last the distance better. :D

Anyone any more to add? :D

No, we're far too sensible......or are we? :wink: I'll have a thing :)

Great idea for a fun thread Gadget :cheers:

Sparkles
29th-June-2005, 09:56 AM
I guess driving the wrong way down a one way street wasn't very sensible... :blush:

S. x

LMC
29th-June-2005, 10:12 AM
Does getting married count? :eek:

Little Monkey
29th-June-2005, 10:26 AM
Now, lemmesee..........

1) Running round a roundabout 10 times pushing one of my mates in a wheelbarrow.....

2) Crawling around on hands and knees in a supermarket, growling at innocent shoppers and trying to bite peoples' ankles. (Did I tell you I turn into a werewolf?? :whistle: )

3) Drinking a bottle of wine in less than 2 minutes. :sick:

4) Eating a bowl of cornflakes with..... Ummmm.... Beer instead of milk... :sick:

5) Walking through the highstreet of a small town with a dead fish on a leash, talking to it as if it was a dog. :rofl:

And these are just some of the things I (and other mad Norwegians) did to 'celebrate' that we'd finished high school...... :eek: As for things I've done since then....:

How about going for a skinny dip in the sea, at about 3am in March, on Isle of Skye, with a small blizzard blowing....... Only hours after having one of the worst asthma attacks I've ever had! :eek: It seemed like a good plan at the time.... :blush:

And I guess that if I'm honest, maybe becoming an artist ranks high on the 'stupid things to do' list??

Moderately Mad Monkey

Dizzy
29th-June-2005, 10:27 AM
Whe I was eight years old and going through a 'conkers' phase of my life, I obtained the conkers and decided to use one of my mum's knitting needles to bore the hole in the conkers..................that is until the conker slipped and the knitting needle went straight through my hand. I still have the scar!!

Not the cleverest method of boring hole in conkers!!!!!! :blush:

Magic Hans
29th-June-2005, 10:50 AM
Well ..... I quite like baileys .... and I like ginger wine too.

However, I'll not try them together in a while!!! yeeeeuuuk!

===========

.... and another .... when moving a storage heater (we have two), and after turning off the two big fuses in the fuse box, I remembered from science class how a circuit can sometimes retain a latent current. And so, after removing the face plate of the switch, I decided to complete the circuit using a small screwdriver. After picking myself up off the wall behind me, examining, the melted end of my screw driver, and noting some spotted plastic additions to my glasses that were curiously the same colour as the screw driver handle, I noted that latent currents refer to electronic circuits and not mains electrics, and that I'd switched off the shower and the cooker, and not any of the heaters!! Needless to say, all switches are now well labelled!

===========

Whilst working in a heavy engineering factory, and degreasing some machinery that was being refurbished, I could have sworn that someone prankster was emptying my plastic cup that I was using to hold the petrol with which I was swabbing the metal monster. Eventually, on lifting the said plastic cup, I realised the melting quality that petrol has on thin plastic!!

===========

In that same factory floor, I was spot welding (with an older type arc welder). After a few minutes, I totally involuntarily threw away my welding rod (and holder)! Somewhat confused and befuddled, I tried again, with the same involuntary action repeated twice!!

Finally, I realised that my left hand glove, with which I was holding the metal, had a hole/tear in it, thereby completing a circuit, through the welding rod, metal and me!! Thankfully, these shocks were fairly small.

===========

I had heard how greenfly are discouraged by a week solution of washing up liquid, and tried this approach on a tree that constantly gets ravaged in the garden. On noticing a few days later that the same said tree was objecting to this treatment by wilting and curling up, I realised that the solution that I was using (which had been decanted) was in fact a household cleaner ... quite possibly with bleach in it!!

Lory
29th-June-2005, 10:52 AM
We'd just spent a small fortune on a brand new fitted kitchen with beautiful new shinny counter tops. :clap: The carpenter still had a few little jobs to finish off and had left some of his tools laying around. :)

Meanwhile, I was busy decorating my sons bedroom and decided to cover the headboard, so, taking the new fabric and an old staple gun, I started stapling, then it dawned on me, :na: I'd remembered seeing a very exciting big macho looking 'powered staple gun' mmmm :D

This won't take me anytime at all using this! ;)

So, I placed the headboard on the large breakfast bar, pulled the fabric taught and BANG...BANG BANG... BANG! Wow, it was amazing, I was loving this...... :clap:

Until, I went to turn the headboard....... :what:

It hadn't occurred to me to check how long the staples were, I was using 1" staples on 1/2" thick board! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :blush: :rofl:
.................................................. ..................
My second....

Not wishing to be a party pooper, I allowed my brother to talk me into lying about having lot's of previous experience in horse riding, so that we could go on a 'hack?' (which amounted to a run on a beach, rather than a walk round a paddock)

Shut up, you'll be 'fine' ;) he assured me

Great! exclaimed the horsey girl, we can take some of the horses that really like to have a good run, some of them can get a bit frisky! :sick:

In the time, between booking and the actual ride, my brother had given me two intensive lessons, :cool: 1, on how to hold the reins and 2, how to keep my mouth shut and stick behind him! :cool:

Like a true professional, I turned up wearing 'wedge' shoes (which the girl looked at slightly quizzically but said nothing) AND sun glasses. :whistle:

The first thing the horsy girl said to us was, DON'T, whatever happens, let MY horse, get behind my brothers, its like a red flag to a bull and they will race!

We were on the beach all of 3 minutes, when my brother decides I'm not going fast enough for him, so he over took me, :devil: my horse thought it was the sign for the 3-30 at Kempton and off I shot like 'high ho silver'! :eek: :tears: :tears:

Wadda ya know, I fell off! :rolleyes:

Got rushed to hospital in an ambulance and suffered a broken pelvis! :mad: :(

Purple Sparkler
29th-June-2005, 10:53 AM
When it comes to doing stupid things, I am the QUEEN. Submitted as examples:

1) I have a scar by my left eye from the time I cracked my head on our living room table. The reason? I had made a hammock from a blanket and some cushions (to weight it down at either end) stretched out between said table and the sofa. Surprisingly, it didn't bear my weight...

2) Running down our hallway through the open door...that wasn't in fact open, but made of glass. I had a lump on my forehead the size of a potato for weeks.

3) Drinking most of a bottle of port at a Millennium party, then, when that ran out, going to the drinks table and thinking "Red wine? Well that's just like a weak version of Port, isn't it, and I don't want to mix my drinks...."

4) Leaving a Drama Society Cast Party at university with a friend and realising we had no idea how to get back to the campus- so we climbed through a hedge- I woke up and wondered why there were twigs in my tights and scratches on my legs.

5) My ex-boyfriends.

6) Putting a foil-wrapped piece of garlic bread in the microwave.

7) Going on a motorcycle in India with no crash helmet. It's a good thing nothing untoward happened for the duration of the ride.

8) The way in which I found out what 'church' was for Australians and Kiwis. It's not the kind I go to.

Lory
29th-June-2005, 11:33 AM
Just remembered another true 'Lory classic' :whistle:

Sitting in the waiting room of the driving test centre, aged 17 and VERY VERY nervous, my throat seemed to completely dry up, :sick: fearing that I might choke during my test, I blurted out a plea to the deathly quiet room full of complete strangers (mostly men I might add) Has anyone got anything at all, I can suck? :flower:

Suddenly the silence was broken by someone trying desperately to stifle a giggle, then the whole room erupted in howls of laughter! :blush: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It certainly broke the tension anyway!

David Bailey
29th-June-2005, 11:54 AM
8) The way in which I found out what 'church' was for Australians and Kiwis. It's not the kind I go to.
:confused: What is it then?

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
29th-June-2005, 12:06 PM
I can only think of one at the moment, but never fear I will think of plenty more :blush:

When I was about 7? i'm not sure how old I was. I was pretending to be a postman, and needed something to use as letters, so I picked all the leaves off my mum's swiss cheese plant to use as letters...needless to say she wasn't too happy when she came upstairs and found a plant with no leaves :sick:

Ash x
(A wannabe postwoman)

Purple Sparkler
29th-June-2005, 12:14 PM
:confused: What is it then?

Put it this way: The Aussie/Kiwi version of 'church' involves less of the hymns and prayers, and more of the beer and wet t-shirt contests. At 11 in the morning.

Purple Sparkler
29th-June-2005, 12:16 PM
I can only think of one at the moment, but never fear I will think of plenty more :blush:

When I was about 7? i'm not sure how old I was. I was pretending to be a postman, and needed something to use as letters, so I picked all the leaves off my mum's swiss cheese plant to use as letters...needless to say she wasn't too happy when she came upstairs and found a plant with no leaves :sick:

Ash x
(A wannabe postwoman)

I think if I'd been your Mum I'd have thought that was incredibly cute. Don't think I ever did anything like that. I did dress up in my Dad's pyjamas as Maryjoseph once, though, because (according to my Mum) I "couldn't decide which I wanted to be".

Tessalicious
29th-June-2005, 12:33 PM
5) My ex-boyfriends. :rofl: Babe, I *so* know where you're coming from on that one

8) The way in which I found out what 'church' was for Australians and Kiwis. It's not the kind I go to. Ah yes, The Church experience (a Sunday afternoon 'night-club' in Kentish Town where most Aussies, Kiwis, South Africans, and even the odd Yank in London go to meet others of their kid, drink cheap beer, dance, and watch crazy entertainment shows that are certainly not for the fainthearted or lightweight). I think you went with the same group I did on a separate occasion, in which case, God help you (but you must admit, a large room with a high proportion of men, most of whom are tanned surfers and rugby players can't be all *that* bad...)

Anyway, my own stupid things:

At the age of 15, dressing up as a showgirl for the 2 mile school pram race in February (high heels and muddy fields are a bad combination even if you're just standing still, trying to run and push a trolley containing two other members of my team was just asking for trouble.

Drinking an entire large bottle of Malibu in about an hour the night before my 17 birthday at someone else's party at which my best friend's younger brother was also imbibing heavily... nuff said

When I was much younger, coming to the conclusion that a precariously balanced branch was a perfectly good substitute for a bridge.

And that fatal day when I decided that one night of dancing in a week wasn't enought for me.

I can't believe I can only think of 4 at the moment, but I'm sure others will come to me later.

Sheepman
29th-June-2005, 12:45 PM
Leaping around in the flames to put them out, after I nearly set fire to the house. (Shush, don't tell my Mum.)

Discovering some 40+ year old live shells, dismantling them, and making rockets out of the ancient cordite.

There are many more, but I think these 2 have to rank amongst the most stupid!

And then (luckily) I got older, and got much, much , more sensible! :wink:

Greg

Danielle
29th-June-2005, 01:12 PM
I worked as a waitress to get though uni, had just done 3 double shifts in a row (not that i'm making excuses) when a guy asked me for a cup of boiling water, my response being "of course sir, would you like some ice in that!!!"

went on holiday for 2 weeks and forgot to pack any underwear - very embarassing (especially when my best friend got drunk and decided to inform the entire hotel)

skived off an entire afternoon at school with my friend, she got caught and i didn't, but i felt so guilty i went and confessed anyway!!!!

was on holiday in venice, had consumed an entire carafe of wine for dinner, and decided to take some photos while waiting for the water taxi. Couldn't really see much through the camera but decided it was because it was a really dark night (which i told my friend)!!! after taking about 10 photos realised it wasn't that dark at all, i'd just left the lens cap on. Wouldn't be that funny if not for the fact i'm supposed to be a professional photographer!!!

lots more but i only tell them after a few drinks!!!

Purple Sparkler
29th-June-2005, 01:17 PM
Ah yes, The Church experience (a Sunday afternoon 'night-club' in Kentish Town where most Aussies, Kiwis, South Africans, and even the odd Yank in London go to meet others of their kid, drink cheap beer, dance, and watch crazy entertainment shows that are certainly not for the fainthearted or lightweight). I think you went with the same group I did on a separate occasion, in which case, God help you (but you must admit, a large room with a high proportion of men, most of whom are tanned surfers and rugby players can't be all *that* bad...)

See, this is the thing- I didn't actually go. I just had a conversation with a certain.. ahem...double troubler Aussie that we both know, along the lines of "I'm going to church on Sunday" "Oh really? Where do you go? I go to one in Kensington." "This one has beer and wet t shirt contests- not that kind of church, love."

The reason I list it in my list of stupid things is that it made ME feel very stupid and naive. :sad:

Trousers
29th-June-2005, 01:32 PM
Discovering some 40+ year old live shells, dismantling them, and making rockets out of the ancient cordite.

On a similar note my little brother and I made a rocket out of the scratched off heads of 4 boxes of Englands Glory matches. a 2oz CO2 bulb and a stick. I won't go into the details but it only became stupid when this 2oz lump of metal had reached 150 feet in a residential area.

D'oh!

Tessalicious
29th-June-2005, 01:39 PM
See, this is the thing- I didn't actually go. I just had a conversation with a certain.. ahem...double troubler Aussie that we both know, along the lines of "I'm going to church on Sunday" "Oh really? Where do you go? I go to one in Kensington." "This one has beer and wet t shirt contests- not that kind of church, love."

The reason I list it in my list of stupid things is that it made ME feel very stupid and naive. :sad:
:hug: Don't feel stupid and naive - I'd never heard of it before I went and I live less than 10 minutes walk away! Its not one of those things that the average Londoner does, just the ones that know enough Antipodeans to get introduced into their hot and steamy underworld (hmm yes please). When it was first suggested to me on a Sunday morning by a certain Kiwi that we also both know 'let's go to church' I thought exactly what you did, except that I'm not a church goer and was slightly baffled by the suggestion even before I understood it!
Seriously though, its kinda fun if you go with the right crowd (don't ever go as a group of Brits, you'll get laughed at) as long as you go without any expectations of decency or sobriety...

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
29th-June-2005, 02:39 PM
I think if I'd been your Mum I'd have thought that was incredibly cute. Don't think I ever did anything like that. I did dress up in my Dad's pyjamas as Maryjoseph once, though, because (according to my Mum) I "couldn't decide which I wanted to be".

Well...Ok, I don't think she was really mad. infact she doesn't even remember it happening, and she did say to me "I wasn't mad was I?" so I was probably just remembering it wrong :blush:

Don't think i've ever wore my dad's PJ's though... :rofl:

Purple Sparkler
29th-June-2005, 03:04 PM
Well...Ok, I don't think she was really mad. infact she doesn't even remember it happening, and she did say to me "I wasn't mad was I?" so I was probably just remembering it wrong :blush:

Don't think i've ever wore my dad's PJ's though... :rofl:

Just realised I scanned in a photo of it ages ago for another web forum (we were sharing baby photos). This may class as 'among the more stupid things I have done' but, here it is:

http://img272.echo.cx/img272/6173/littleme21ju.jpg

Tessalicious
29th-June-2005, 03:07 PM
Just realised I scanned in a photo of it ages ago for another web forum (we were sharing baby photos). This may class as 'among the more stupid things I have done' but, here it is:

http://img272.echo.cx/img272/6173/littleme21ju.jpg
awwwwwwwwwwww bless

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
29th-June-2005, 03:28 PM
awwwwwwwwwwww bless

:yeah: Awwww....you were a little cutie weren't you :hug: Would show you a pic of me but with a broken scanner and no digital camera I don't know how that would be at all possible :sad: :rofl:

Ash x

Purple Sparkler
29th-June-2005, 03:36 PM
:yeah: Awwww....you were a little cutie weren't you :hug:

That's nothing- you should see the pictures of me dressed up as Paddington (little duffle coat, welly boots and Dad's sou'wester!).

I only wish I knew what went wrong in the growing-up process! :tears:

LMC
29th-June-2005, 03:53 PM
5) My ex-boyfriends.

I think my best stupid thing recently was going out on a hen night and finally telling my girlfriends about my ex-before-last's major, er, very bad thing.... I really wish I hadn't now, because it's hair-raising :eek: (legal, and hilarious in retrospect, which was why I told 'em, but still hair-raising!) Luckily he lives the other side of the country and I'm not likely to get any fall-out from it - but a couple of my friends do see him occasionally and I can't help worrying that they are going to have a few drinks and drop a clanger.

Maybe that's the second best mistake... the first best would be why I waited for him to dump me :sick: ?

Lesson learned: never ever ever ever ever bitch about exes, especially to people who know them!

Little Monkey
29th-June-2005, 04:23 PM
Oh yes, I've just thought of another couple of very stupid things I've done... And I can't even use the excuse of being a child or very young at the time, as these things happened only a couple of years ago.... Ahem....

I used to work as a glassblower's assistant, which was a fab job. And I learned one thing from the job: NEVER EVER get ridiculously drunk the night before you're going to work in front of a 1200C glass furnace!!!! Every time I went to take a gather of glass from the furnace, I placed one hand too far up the blowing iron, too close to the furnace. By lunchtime my hand was blotchy bright red and white, and rather swollen. :tears:

The second thing I learned from being a glassblower, was NEVER WEAR WET GLOVES when working with molten glass.... We were casting glass, and I had to use huge ladles to pour the molten glass with. After a while, the handles on the ladles get EXTREMELY hot, so we wear big fire-proof gloves. Unfortunately water turns into steam, and the steam shot right through the glove and blistered my hand. :(

Oh yeah, and then for silly things to avoid doing in the pottery......: I often work late, specially when I'm doing a firing, and have to be there to check the kiln. On one such occasion, I was working at around 3am, and went to have a look through the spy-hole on the kiln, to see if the indicator cones (they melt at a certain temperature, and show you how hot the work in the kiln is). The air temperature in the kiln was near to 1300C. I peeked through the hole, and heard a sizzling sound. My fringe had caught fire...... :rofl:

And never put a hot air gun with it's nozzle pointing towards you just after having used it. My finger is thankfully healing up nicely, but....... :whistle:

And no, RK - this does not prove that Little Monkey is self basting!!!!! :wink:

Little Burned Monkey

Rhythm King
29th-June-2005, 04:52 PM
Hmm, not sure about that LM :wink:

Anyway, several years ago, during one of the hot summers, I decided it would be a good idea to leave the leg zips of my flying suit undone, you know, let the air circulate, stay cooler :whistle: .
Anyway, time to fly, so I get into the aircraft, strap in and start working through the pre-flight checks. About half-way through I get into a tiz 'coz one of the controls is missing. Yup, the air brake handle had gone up my trouser leg! :blush: I had to unstrap, open the canopy, get out and get back in and go through the whole process again, much to the amusement of everyone standing around. Well, apart from the flight controller, of course, as I was holding everything up...

Not sure if any of my other faux pas are repeatable in public.

R-K

philsmove
29th-June-2005, 04:58 PM
I once tried to make an “amplifier” by connecting the wires from a microphone a speaker and a live 5-amp plug all together

Better still tried making fire works on a metal plate in my dad's garage

(My dad garage, was petrol station and the metal plate - the inspection covers to the underground petrol tanks)

Tessalicious
29th-June-2005, 04:59 PM
Not sure if any of my other faux pas are repeatable in public.
Ah but its always the unrepeatable ones that are the most interesting, n'est pas?

philsmove
29th-June-2005, 05:02 PM

Greg

Glad im not the only one to do this

did they come off the Volney by any chance

Rhythm King
29th-June-2005, 05:05 PM
Ah but its always the unrepeatable ones that are the most interesting, n'est pas?
:blush: :whistle: :wink:

R-K x:hug: :flower:

Whitebeard
30th-June-2005, 12:55 AM
There was the time I got weary and bored lying supine on the beach in the glaring sun and decided to tackle the mini-cliff fronting said beach. Reaching the top I was confronted by a large nettle-bed. So much flesh exposed to potential nettle torture, and yet - how much harder and more dangerous to descend than ascend. Sweatingly transfixed on the horns of a dilemma.

bigdjiver
30th-June-2005, 01:24 AM
I have been stupid enough to try the home made fireworks thingy.

1st attempt - This mixed with this explodes when struck - result brick fragments embedded in arm.

stupider - break up bullets to make rocket - no stick - result Brasso tin doing figures of 8 above our heads whilst threatening to explode.

more stupider -This plus this & this makes picric acid (used in high explosives) - result mixture of acids spurts into face.

even more ... - carrying home made gunpowder in pocket - result burn scar 4 inches across.

yet more ... stood 50 yards away from mates as they made a brick sandwich of mixture 1, and dropped more bricks onto it. Result brick dropped onto spot I had been standing as I took two steps forward.

Did I learn? Encore - Brasso tins filled with ounces of home made gunpowder. Result - a pathetic phut and showers of sparks. Down to our last Brasso tin we went out onto a recreation ground in the pitch black night. We put the last one under a very heavy galvanised iron bucket and stood well back.

Result - phut and a pathetic shower of sparks.

One of my mate took several paces forward and said "Wher's the bucket?". Somewhere in the darkness behind us there was an enormous clang as it came down. I cannot imagine how high it went, but it would certainly have killed anybody it landed on.

I still do not know how I survived 14.

philsmove
30th-June-2005, 08:26 AM
Decided to put penny banger inside 5-gallon jerry can

Which it as it turned out still had about a pint of petrol in it

The resulting spectacular explosion alerted the entire village to our activates

Unfortunately in those days the local booby was allowed to take direct action Ouch

CJ
30th-June-2005, 11:45 AM
This may have limited appeal as not many may know this road...

Anyway, on the A68 just south of the border, there is a big stretch of VERY straight road with RIDICULOUS hills (!!! Blind summits dont even come close!!!) for a while.

Anyway, there were a few which were all marked as 30 mph, so someone I used to know well :whistle: decided to rearrange a 3series BMW by taking one of the peaks at 80. :eek:

It made sense @ the time... :rofl: Thankfully was the wee small hours and, yes, a change of underwear was required!! :sick:

DavidY
30th-June-2005, 01:20 PM
This may have limited appeal as not many may know this road...

Anyway, on the A68 just south of the border, there is a big stretch of VERY straight road with RIDICULOUS hills (!!! Blind summits dont even come close!!!) for a while.I think I know the one you mean. I believe it was the Romans who did it -they were quite keen on using straight lines as a way to plan a road.

Lory
30th-June-2005, 04:36 PM
Some posts after this, have been moved to the new 'Thread of Brian' :na: (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5732)

Northants Girly
14th-July-2005, 04:59 PM
on arriving home last Saturday night after dancing in Daventry . . .

after making coffee, trying to put the milk top back on the milk and realizing I was trying to screw the milk top not back onto the milk but onto the sugar bowl (it wouldn't fit) :blush:

Northants Girly
14th-July-2005, 05:04 PM
(or something stupid I have said . . . )

Last night at Leicester . . .

Northants Girly: "Did you enjoy Daventry last Saturday?"
DavidY: "Yes I did . . . . "

Northants Girly: "Did you stay till the end?"
DavidY: "Yes - you and I had the last dance together!"

I am SO sorry David! :blush:

Please forgive me :flower:

under par
14th-July-2005, 05:08 PM
(or something stupid I have said . . . )

Please forgive me :flower:

excellent :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Purple Sparkler
14th-July-2005, 05:12 PM
In Beginner's Class (having executed a double spin only to be put in a complicated move by my partner):
PS: Show off!
Partner: I'm sorry, what is it YOU were doing?
PS: :blush:

We now dance together regularly when he turns up. He's the one who walked up to me at Monster Jive while I was mid-conversation, grabbed me round the waist and walked me (I was walking backwards, he was walking forwards) onto the dancefloor.
PS- Nobody's ever asked me to dance quite like that before!
Partner: And yet it worked!

Rebecca
14th-July-2005, 05:15 PM
Last year I was stupid enough to attempt a drop I had never attempted before with a lady heavier than me, more drunk than me (and i was steaming - father's 60th party), on an uneven grassy surface, just in front of my brother's dj decks. . .

The result . . silence, blood, an impressive gash on my chin from going face first into the corner of the dj desk (my hands were disabled by focussing on rescuing my partner) and a severe public telling off by my brother :blush:

I don't try to lead any more.

Rhythm King
14th-July-2005, 05:29 PM
Ho hum, here goes...

This morning on the way into work, I decided to listen to some music. Got the iPod Shuffle out of my briefcase, hung it around my neck, switched it on and pressed play and nothing happened. Looked at it and saw the operating light was on, so went to adjust the volume control when I realised that clasped in my hand were the ear phones! D'oh!:blush:

DavidY
15th-July-2005, 06:13 PM

Please forgive me. :flower:

:hug: Yes of course I forgive you.

It was funny though.. :D

Anna
16th-July-2005, 12:14 AM
*sigh* oh memories.. i have done so many hugely daft things in my short life that i think i may run out of space in this little box if i tried to put all of them..

one embarrassing situation a few months ago was while in preparation for the NZ Champs.. i had been watching the ice skating world champs one night and had stolen some unusual looking aerials that i thought were quite lovely (and using my strength of a disgustingly flexible back :D )..

i had raved about one in particular to Dpartner Jules in which the woman kind of does an arabesque infront of the man (left leg up) and then makes her left leg and torso at right angles to her other leg and wraps herself around the mans waist holding on to her foot (a la Lily in the donut aerial).. and then the man takes a hold under her right knee and somewhere on her torso and off they go spinning to the left with her right leg now horizontal as well..

yes, complicated..

and so it was during this, just before advanced class, wearing jeans that i had been dancing in for far too long, that as i was ethusiastically explaining, gesturing and wrapping myself around Julian that i split my pants from bottom to zipper.. *covers face with hands* ohh the shame! :blush:

and it didnt help that the next wknd at practice i split the crotch in my champs outfit while doing the splits :blush: frankly im surprised Julian hasnt thought of an embarrassing nickname for me yet... :rofl:

jockey
16th-July-2005, 02:50 AM
I thought it would be rather neat to swim around the Great Orme, Newquay. A bunch of us used to spend the summer at Crantock and, separating Newquay beach and Crantock was the aforementioned peninsulat type thing. One was an experienced swimmer (on how many obituaries has that figured) and 25 - I think no more need be said.. :waycool: Well, I knew I was i trouble wwhen I was gayly swimming around the head thinking this is a piece of Dundee when I glanced to my right (east)n and saw the very same fisherman who had been there 20 minutes earlier in exactly the same place!
UPshot was that I got out of trouble and became a local hero for 24 hours - well worth nearly throwing away a life for (a life that didnt belong to me to throw away).

Gadget
17th-July-2005, 04:50 PM
Recent one: see this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5894)... so how long does it take to grow back a head of hair?

Tiggerbabe
17th-July-2005, 06:01 PM
Might seem a bit stupid now, Gadget - but you looked great last night :hug:

JoC
17th-July-2005, 06:01 PM
Recent one: see this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5894)... so how long does it take to grow back a head of hair?
Your commitment was much admired :worthy: , and you did win an Oscar!

Gadget
17th-July-2005, 07:08 PM
Might seem a bit stupid now, Gadget - but you looked great last night :hug:
No regrets: it did look cool even if I do say so my self... just anticipating a bit of a slagging at work :rolleyes:

{need to do something to make the horns stick better... perhaps not knock them off would be good as well :whistle:}

Your commitment was much admired :worthy: , and you did win an Oscar!It's sitting on the mantlepiece :wink:

Lorna has been my teacher since I started Ceroc, and almost since it started in Aberdeen: worth going that leetle bit further for I thought :D

Dreadful Scathe
17th-July-2005, 08:17 PM
nice costume gadget :) looked like a great party too :)

JoC
22nd-July-2005, 02:00 PM
so how long does it take to grow back a head of hair?
So how's the hair doing?

Holly Blues
6th-August-2005, 01:09 PM
Would dancing in a size 18 skirt when you are now a size 14 count

Whitebeard
6th-August-2005, 07:48 PM
Would dancing in a size 18 skirt when you are now a size 14 count
Did you beg, borrow, or steal some braces ???

filthycute
6th-August-2005, 08:54 PM
Being a 'middle child' everything i done as a child was stupid. From drawing marching soldiers up the freshly painted stair walls, colouring in the leaves (only 2) on my mums new floral sofa, Writing my initials in black rubber on her newly tiled kitchen floor.....then denying it, even though only my mum and i have the initial MH, and it wasn't her! :rofl: :rofl: and of course setting fire to my sister's George Michael poster, whilst it was hanging on the wall, then blaming it on the dog!! :rofl:

My most serious one (well apart from driving up the M9 the wrong way :rolleyes: ) was when i was at work a few years back. I worked in a factory and it was 2 days before christmas. All our machines had to be cleaned for the holidays. My machine was.....if you picture a mangle.....now make the rollers about 5 times that size......and electric powered.....ok, well normally i would clean the rollers from the 'exit' side. I dunno, maybe all the excitement with it being christmas went to my head and i started cleaning it from the 'enter' side.

Result??

A few firemen, an ambulance, a factory full of very distressed friends (they couldn't free me) and a wonky arm :( well it's just a buit lumpy....where all the tissue was pushed up, and it goes funny purple patchy in the cold.

D'oh!!!!

fc x

puresunrays
6th-August-2005, 10:51 PM
Ok, bear in mind this was a few years ago now... Me and a friend walking back from our local market used to talk to people in a (supposidly) foreign language. Might have been a few words of French, not sure. Anyway the looks we got.