PDA

View Full Version : Huff Trumps

Will
28th-June-2005, 12:58 PM
I have not voted on this, but the Ceroc Scotland Statistics show that more men have gone off in a huff than women.

Did you really go through all the threads on this forum to work that out??? :what:
Ok, let's have a game of huff Trumps. We take it in turns, alternating picking men and ladies who have gone off in a huff at some point. I bet we run out of women first.

I'll start :-

The Tramp

Dreadful Scathe
28th-June-2005, 01:09 PM
:rofl:

er..Fletch ? Shes gone off in the huff, or it appears that way ;)

CJ
28th-June-2005, 01:12 PM
Gordie

Blokes 2- Girlies 1

Andy McGregor

Girlies 2- Blokes 2 :D

CJ
28th-June-2005, 01:15 PM
Length of Time on Forum:

Number of Posts:

How Loud the Tantrum:

How Many Toys Thrown Out The Pram:

Chances of Return: (1-10)

Will
28th-June-2005, 01:19 PM
:rofl:

er..Fletch ? Shes gone off in the huff, or it appears that way ;)
Obviously this is just a suggestion that needs ratifying, but I would say that we should catagorise "HUFF" as people who have publicly said they are not posting any more because of an arguement, or someone who has attempted to actually remove themselves from the forum.

Otherwise you could end up counting anyone who used to post but doesn't any longer.

Will
28th-June-2005, 01:21 PM
Gordie

Blokes 2- Girlies 1

Andy McGregor

Girlies 2- Blokes 2 :D
You swine, I was gonna have Mr McGregor next.

Ok,

Gordon J Powell. (Good bloke by the way, but does qualify in helping me make my point)

I know I'm gonna win this. Hec, I haven't even exhausted my list of people who's huff was caused by CJ yet!!! :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
28th-June-2005, 01:42 PM
Aren't Gordie and Gordon the same person ? :)

CJ
28th-June-2005, 01:59 PM
Aren't Gordie and Gordon the same person ? :)

Don't you go confusing Will with facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: He's trying to prove a point here!! :waycool:

David Bailey
28th-June-2005, 02:31 PM
Length of Time on Forum:

Number of Posts:

How Loud the Tantrum:

How Many Toys Thrown Out The Pram:

Chances of Return: (1-10)
Nice one :)

You know, you could do a great set of cards with these, and using their avatars... I'm almost tempted.

Almost.

El Salsero Gringo
28th-June-2005, 02:33 PM
Well Alex said he was going off in a huff here on 28 February (Self indulgent contradictory irrational tosh (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108261&postcount=23)) and then reappeared here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114460&postcount=54) on 5 April, and has been posting regularly since.

So what about people who say they're going off in a huff, and then come back? Do you get half points? Or extra points for a refusal? Is there a bonus based on the length of time they stay away? Do you get a double bonus if no-one noticed they were gone? Please clarify.

Minnie M
28th-June-2005, 02:34 PM
Mikey

Chris (as in Chris Docker)

Carla B

Lory
28th-June-2005, 02:37 PM
Filthycute and JiveBrummie did a double act... thus countering eachother out in the girl/boy stakes!

But have both been back recently ;)

El Salsero Gringo
28th-June-2005, 02:39 PM
Mikey

Chris (as in Chris Docker)

Carla BI don't think MIkey went off in a strop - it sounds more like he was run out of town on the sharp end of a posse.

How about DavidB? He was off for a while.

CJ
28th-June-2005, 02:48 PM
Nice one :)

You know, you could do a great set of cards with these, and using their avatars... I'm almost tempted.

Almost.

Double dare with cherries on top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, could we get top trumps made for the BFG as the prize for award winners?!? :waycool:

David Bailey
28th-June-2005, 02:51 PM
Double dare with cherries on top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not cowardice, it's apathy.

btw, could we get top trumps made for the BFG as the prize for award winners?!? :waycool:
Nice idea, but I think a deck of cards would be better.

Imagine the debates about who's the King Of Clubs - or indeed, the Joker :)

I nominate myself for the Ace Of Spades, by the way...

CJ
28th-June-2005, 03:04 PM
I think top trumps would be easier to decide upon but more contentious whilst playing.

That said, kings should be:
Franck
DavidB
Tramp
Dancing Teeth?

Queens:
Lory
Tiggerbabe
Lou
Chicklet

Aces: (the wild bunch)
CJ
DS
Gus
Gajjit

Jacks:
BTC Bill
John S
DD
Will

These are all without HUGE amounts of thought.... discuss!!

Dreadful Scathe
28th-June-2005, 03:09 PM
It's not cowardice, it's apathy.

Yeah, I used to be apathetic but now...no never mind :)

For proper trumps we need more catagories. The 'huffy' emphasis is too biased towards the huffy people, cos theres really not that many. Theres also a distinct differenece between storming off in the huff, getting bored with the whole thing and removing yourself to protect others from your retaliation in kind :).

Imagine the debates about who's the King Of Clubs - or indeed, the Joker :)

I nominate Tigerpants for Queen of Diamonds ;) I would of course nominate myself as joker and promise to wear the whole getup . Of course nominating yourself is bound to put people off voting for you in this sort of thing...oh well :)

I nominate myself for the Ace Of Spades, by the way...

Oh you do do you. A whirling dervish of a woman that is Lou may argue about that one ;)

Lou
28th-June-2005, 03:18 PM
Queens:
Lory
Tiggerbabe
Lou
Chicklet
How can you miss out Andy McGregor in that list? I think we'll need more than 4 suits, though.

Lory... Queen of Hearts (bless her)
Tiggerbabe... Queen of Clubs, of course.
Sparkles.. .Queen of Diamonds!
ElaineB.. Queen of Spades (whilst she's in the garden - our very own Charlie Dimmock).
Chicklet... maybe Queen of Cups :whistle:
And I bags Queen of Pentacles, of course. :D

Sparkles
28th-June-2005, 03:22 PM
Queens:
Lory
Tiggerbabe
Lou
Chicklet

I wanted to be a Queen - of DIAMONDS!!!!! :yum:
(and I am forum queen - at least until the BFG....)
Sorry, girlies, but one of you will have to relinquish your spot, please... :flower:

S. x

P.S. don't you just love it when someone else has the same idea as you at the same time?! :kiss:

Lou
28th-June-2005, 03:23 PM
I wanted to be a Queen - of DIAMONDS!!!!! :yum:
Oi Missus! Good cross post! :rofl:

CJ
28th-June-2005, 03:30 PM
Time served (as of BFG 2)
No. of Posts
No. of insults
How oft quoted
Trouble-making rating
Rep points
POWER!!!

Discuss.

Minnie M
28th-June-2005, 03:30 PM
Had to check I was on the right thread - looks as if it has turned into BFG nominations

Will
28th-June-2005, 03:47 PM
Don't you go confusing Will with facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: He's trying to prove a point here!! :waycool:
Well up yours CJ! :angry:

I've had enough of this forum and your constant slagging off and back biting. Quite frankly I've got better things to do that sit hear all day reading the tripe that you post.

My arse is a better DJ and you and it only knows one tune! :mad:

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Goodbye.

David Bailey
28th-June-2005, 03:57 PM
Had to check I was on the right thread - looks as if it has turned into BFG nominations
You know, maybe that's a good idea - the BFG award-winners get themselves immortalised on commemorative packs of cards?

Although I dunno if "7 of clubs" is really immortality, I'll let you know in 150 years or so.

I'll volunteer to do the work, for a small commission barely covering expenses :innocent:

CJ
28th-June-2005, 04:11 PM
My arse is a better DJ and you and it only knows one tune! :mad:

Coming from one SOOOOO ugly, you taught your arse to speak, I'm not surprised you taught it to DJ, too.

Will
28th-June-2005, 04:18 PM
Coming from one SOOOOO ugly, you taught your arse to speak, I'm not surprised you taught it to DJ, too.
Hey, at least my arse needs fewer breath mints than your face before it plays a set.

CJ
28th-June-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey, at least my arse needs fewer breath mints than your face before it plays a set.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway... this is diverting DavidJames from his task of either putting together 30 Top Trump cards or his nominations for a 52 card playing set...

Rhythm King
28th-June-2005, 04:30 PM

Anyway... this is diverting DavidJames from his task of either putting together 30 Top Trump cards or his nominations for a 52 card playing set...

If Sparkles gets to be Queen of Diamonds (and quite deservedly so :waycool: ), then I feel I have to place my marker as one of the Kings. Given the ones already nominated though, we're definitely going to need more suits. Any suggestions?

R-K

Little Monkey
28th-June-2005, 04:32 PM
If Sparkles gets to be Queen of Diamonds (and quite deservedly so :waycool: ), then I feel I have to place my marker as one of the Kings. Given the ones already nominated though, we're definitely going to need more suits. Any suggestions?

R-K

Can I be a joker?? :whistle:

Monkey

CJ
28th-June-2005, 04:33 PM

Well, say something funny!!

David Bailey
28th-June-2005, 04:40 PM

Yeah? Where's my advance then, butt-breath? :whistle:

Minnie M
28th-June-2005, 04:51 PM
Monkey

you could be the one in the Monkey suit :wink:

........we're definitely going to need more suits. Any suggestions?

Will
28th-June-2005, 05:21 PM
Well after much consideration I have decided to return to the forum after a boycott of over three-quarters of an hour.

It did occur to me that I could just add Ceroc Jock to my ignore list, but their doesn't seem to be any point as unfortunately that doesn't filter out the smell. :sick:

Bottom.

Dreadful Scathe
28th-June-2005, 05:28 PM
Well after much consideration I have decided to return to the forum after a boycott of over three-quarters of an hour.

It did occur to me that I could just add Ceroc Jock to my ignore list, but their doesn't seem to be any point as unfortunately that doesn't filter out the smell. :sick:

Bottom.
were you gone ? :)

David Bailey
28th-June-2005, 06:19 PM
Huh, well I boycott the forum 3 times a day:
- 40 minutes to work
- 40 minutes from work
- 5-6 hours when asleep

So that's 300+ boycotts and counting. But no-one's said anything yet :mad:

El Salsero Gringo
28th-June-2005, 06:22 PM
Huh, well I boycott the forum 3 times a day:
- 40 minutes to work
- 40 minutes from work
- 5-6 hours when asleep

So that's 300+ boycotts and counting. But no-one's said anything yet :mad:Tell you what, stay away a bit longer - I'll PM you when we notice. Oh, and see if you can hold your breath too!

David Bailey
28th-June-2005, 06:47 PM
Tell you what, stay away a bit longer - I'll PM you when we notice. Oh, and see if you can hold your breath too!
Gasp... gasp ... erkk.

Lou
28th-June-2005, 07:04 PM
Ok, let's have a game of huff Trumps.

I'll start :-

The Tramp
Anyway, I challenge your entry. The Tramp has not gone off in a huff. He wouldn't. And as support, I offer this harperlink (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108184&postcount=13)

:flower:

Will
29th-June-2005, 11:17 AM
Anyway, I challenge your entry. The Tramp has not gone off in a huff. He wouldn't. And as support, I offer this harperlink (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108184&postcount=13)

:flower:
I think the reason people assume the Tramp has gone off in a huff is not just because he stopped posting after a row with Ceroc Jock (just like the one I've just had with him (smelly)), but because he has disappeared from the members list (unless you know the URL to find him).

Lounge Lizard
29th-June-2005, 11:42 AM
Who would be the wild card? Mikey

How do you decide what suit someone is
Location? or Personality type?

Perhaps as follows.....
Heart - A smoothie, dinner for two type, big music lover
Spades - The outdoor type, goes dancing in shorts all year round
Diamonds - Glamorous always looking their best, stands out in a crowd
Clubs - Very sporty type, always harping on about football, cricket, rugby, snooker or even an addict to computer games

What game would we play?
Brag - plenty of that in Mj
Poker - Also plenty of that in MJ :blush:
Gin (Rummy) - not much of that tho
Snap - can think of a few that already play this :wink:
Or how about Bridge, Wist, Pontoon etc.

Dreadful Scathe
29th-June-2005, 11:47 AM
the only real mens card game (http://www.pagat.com/banking/baccarat.html) :)

MartinHarper
29th-June-2005, 11:47 AM
I'd like to claim the four of (call a spade a) spades, on the grounds that it'll be a fairly uncontested slot. :)

Lory
29th-June-2005, 11:50 AM
What game would we play?

Chase the Ace.. plenty of that goes on too! :wink:

Lory
29th-June-2005, 11:55 AM
There's a few choice names to choose from in the introductions section on this page (http://www.pagat.com/climbing/asshole.html)! :whistle: