PDA

View Full Version : most hated car colour

jammy
28th-June-2005, 12:02 PM
wot colour of car drives u up the wall

hey this is my first thread sorry if it isnt very good but im just makein sure i know how 2 work it.

jammy :grin:

David Bailey
28th-June-2005, 02:27 PM
:confused: What's wrong with Ned? :)

Oh, welcome, post lots and please read the FAQ (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3458).

CJ
28th-June-2005, 02:28 PM
:confused: What's wrong with Ned? :)

Ned's Dead, baby....

Dreadful Scathe
28th-June-2005, 02:55 PM
I voted for Sliver cos its not a colour. I guess this was a trick question right? ;)

Andy McGregor
28th-June-2005, 03:00 PM
It's got to be orange. For a year I was the proud owner of a much loved (by me) VW Caravelle. One of my daughters refused to go in the Caravelle and Sue wasn't very pleased with it either. One thing they pointed out was that just about no other car on the road is orange. I saw this as a plus, they said it meant that orange was unpopular :tears:

I sold that orange Caravelle to a woman from Guilford who fell in love with it :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
28th-June-2005, 03:14 PM
Andy: clearly other car drivers do not have your sense of taste or unique vision ;)

I'd get an orange car, or yellow. Stands out more and you cant lose it in car parks.

drathzel
28th-June-2005, 04:50 PM
Andy: clearly other car drivers do not have your sense of taste or unique vision ;)

I'd get an orange car, or yellow. Stands out more and you cant lose it in car parks.

Thats what i do, my first car was mint green, second was bronze and this one is maroon :clap:

Lynn
28th-June-2005, 05:51 PM
Some colours just don't look right on a car, not sure which ones, but I know them when I see them.

My car is silver - which has the advantage of being easy to keep clean! My last one was red - both were passed on to me from a family member so I would have been very grateful anyway, but I like both red and silver in cars.
hey this is my first thread sorry if it isnt very good but im just makein sure i know how 2 work it. Its fine!

(But you know you have as much space as you need so don't need textspeak :whistle: )

Andy McGregor
28th-June-2005, 07:06 PM

I'd get an orange car, or yellow. Stands out more and you cant lose it in car parks.You could just tie a ribbon to the arial. Then you could change it any time you like - the ribbon could even glitter or have hand-sewn sequins :flower:

Pammy
29th-June-2005, 11:52 AM
You could just tie a ribbon to the arial. Then you could change it any time you like - the ribbon could even glitter or have hand-sewn sequins :flower:

as the owner of the purple grape, you should keep schtum... :D

Stuart M
29th-June-2005, 02:44 PM
As the owner of a metallic green runner I'm not happy with how this poll is going. :(

Who is this jammy person anyway? Another Glasgow taxi on the Forum? Welcome anyway :grin:

drathzel
29th-June-2005, 02:47 PM
As the owner of a metallic green runner I'm not happy with how this poll is going. :(

Who is this jammy person anyway? Another Glasgow taxi on the Forum? Welcome anyway :grin:

Jammy was there last night...a hint.. Male :flower:

jammy
29th-June-2005, 03:20 PM

stuart its jamie i taxi on a tuesday at jumpin jaks. you know the other male taxi dancer.

Stuart M
29th-June-2005, 03:32 PM
Jammy was there last night...a hint.. Male :flower:
I know Jamie, just confused by the choice of thread...was this drathzel's suggestion? I mean, us blokes talk about engine size, make, fuel economy, sound systems... :rolleyes:

..whereas if you say "I've got a new car" to a woman their first question, 99% of the time, will be "What colour is it?"

:innocent:

jammy
29th-June-2005, 03:34 PM
(But you know you have as much space as you need so don't need textspeak :whistle: )

well im used to text speek. im sorry but ill try my best not to talk text ok. jammy

drathzel
29th-June-2005, 03:39 PM
I know Jamie, just confused by the choice of thread...was this drathzel's suggestion? I mean, us blokes talk about engine size, make, fuel economy, sound systems... :rolleyes:

..whereas if you say "I've got a new car" to a woman their first question, 99% of the time, will be "What colour is it?"

:innocent:

P!ss off, ask me any question about my car and i will be able to tell u apart form serial nos and stuff :hug:

jammy
30th-June-2005, 05:33 PM
P!ss off, ask me any question about my car and i will be able to tell u apart form serial nos and stuff :hug:

name the only three teams that raced in the f1 in the usa?

drathzel
30th-June-2005, 05:47 PM
name the only three teams that raced in the f1 in the usa?

Ferari, jordon and manardi..... and i watched it! :yum:

But i did say my car

Stuart M
30th-June-2005, 05:50 PM

But i did say my car
:rofl: Gadget, you have been dethroned...

As to your car, what's the turning circle?

drathzel
30th-June-2005, 05:52 PM
:rofl: Gadget, you have been dethroned...

As to your car, what's the turning circle?

Dethroned? Whats my new title?

Its the steering wheel! :yum:

Stuart M
30th-June-2005, 05:55 PM
Dethroned? Whats my new title?
Queen Spelling Bee of course...

Its the steering wheel! :yum:
:rofl: No...stop...please...

drathzel
30th-June-2005, 05:57 PM
Queen Spelling Bee of course...

But what did i spell wrong?
:confused:

jammy
30th-June-2005, 06:05 PM
:rofl: No...stop...please...
:rofl: so ur not the only one that found that REALLY funny?

drathzel
30th-June-2005, 06:07 PM
:rofl: so ur not the only one that found that REALLY funny?

oh go play wit your turning circles, do you honestly think i am that daft...... or did you not notice the cheeky :yum: smilie!

jammy
30th-June-2005, 11:15 PM
do you honestly think i am that daft

do you want me to comment on that hunni?

well i noticed tonight your turrnin circle is a lot better than mine even tho my steering wheel is leather. lol
jammy

Lucy Locket
30th-June-2005, 11:35 PM

But i did say my car

me watched it too, what a farce!!

My 1st car was an orangey coloured mini & i loved it to bits, still remember the reg. number PNM 869M. Had various colours since. The easiest to keep clean was my gold Toyota or should i say the one that needed cleaning less often!!! Black Merc was beautiful when just washed but dull when dirty (5 minutes after washing it). Now i have a silver 4 x 4 Merc & it has to go through the car wash coz i can't reach the top !!!!!!!! As i do a lot of motorway driving i reckon silver is the most popular coloured vehicle on the road & in car parks. I spend lots of time wandering round them looking for my car. :rofl: Only ever had 1 red car, a Toyota Crown, massive thing but so comfy & spacious. Won't buy or be seen in a green car. Saw a pink car the other day, yes of course it was being driven by a girlie!

jammy
30th-June-2005, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Lucy Locket]me watched it too, what a farce!! [QUOTE]
i was gutted i missed it i was working! :sad:

Lucy Locket
30th-June-2005, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=Lucy Locket]me watched it too, what a farce!! [QUOTE]
i was gutted i missed it i was working! :sad:

Believe me you missed nothing. I fell asleep as the last car drove over the finishing line. Missed the statement they were going to read out. Had various debates since then & been given both sides but still think it shouldn't have gone ahead as it did. It could have been rectified so everyone joined in, but that's another story !!!!!

Silverstone next week!!!

drathzel
1st-July-2005, 09:21 AM
Saw a pink car the other day, yes of course it was being driven by a girlie!

i've seen a bubblegum pink ka and clio around glasgow..... and as you stated, yes driven by girlies ( both, blonde.... this could be a coincidence however, i do not want to seem colourist against blondes)

jivecat
4th-July-2005, 10:07 AM
I'd love an orange car, (great taste, A McG) preferably a fluorescent metallic one, if it was available. Or a pink, or a lilac one. I think car colour design is incredibly boring and I'd like to see them covered with pictures/patterns/spots/stripes, whatever, a bit like you get on taxis. I'm probably just an old hippy at heart. I suppose I see cars as a (wasted) blank canvas that should be used for art, a bit like album covers were in the 70s. *sigh*

Perhaps, when I'm retired I can paint my own camper van and then rampage around the world in it living the stuff I should have been doing in the 70s but wasn't!

I also never wear those bright colours 'cos they don't suit me, but I like to have them around.

Stuart M
4th-July-2005, 10:26 AM
I think car colour design is incredibly boring and I'd like to see them covered with pictures/patterns/spots/stripes, whatever, a bit like you get on taxis. I'm probably just an old hippy at heart. I suppose I see cars as a (wasted) blank canvas that should be used for art, a bit like album covers were in the 70s. *sigh*

A few years back, I think Volkswagen sold Polos where all the body panels were a different colour. Looked like a moving pile of leftover Lego bricks...

drathzel
4th-July-2005, 10:44 AM
A few years back, I think Volkswagen sold Polos where all the body panels were a different colour. Looked like a moving pile of leftover Lego bricks...

They did and they were fab, i wanted one! :hug:

jammy
4th-July-2005, 05:57 PM

someone a street away from me has one of thos car there so horrible 2 look @ i think it was just all the left over bit they had left and thought it would be a good idea 2 get rid of all the junk. it still is junk but junk that can move. ill just stick 2 my punto.
jammy

drathzel
5th-July-2005, 01:07 PM
ill just stick 2 my punto.
jammy

Puntos are girly cars!!! :rofl:

jammy
5th-July-2005, 01:32 PM
Puntos are girly cars!!! :rofl:
i dont think so i think there for both really a girly car is a corca( is that how u spell it)and i love my punto dont care if its girly i make it look manly lol

drathzel
5th-July-2005, 01:34 PM
i love my punto dont care if its girly i make it look manly lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jammy
5th-July-2005, 01:35 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

jammy
5th-July-2005, 02:01 PM
well im away out 2 wash my girly car then! make it all clean and shiny:)

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
5th-July-2005, 11:50 PM
I want to change my vote from lime green to white. I don't like white cars-it never looks right, and they always need cleaning!...not that i'd know, I don't have a car... :rofl:

drathzel
8th-July-2005, 10:13 AM
I want to change my vote from lime green to white. I don't like white cars-it never looks right, and they always need cleaning!...not that i'd know, I don't have a car... :rofl:

and they look rusty more quickly! :mad:

drathzel
8th-July-2005, 10:13 AM

and they look rusty more quickly! :mad: